Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 28th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P5 W1 D3 L1

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4275897 times
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #37720: Jan 02, 2019 11:02:05 am
      Pulisic to become the next talented youngster to get lost in the system at Chelsea. Will be loaned back to Dortmund after his first season at the club because he hasn’t settled I expect.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,991 posts | 3062 
      Reply #37721: Jan 02, 2019 11:03:17 am
      Koulibaly & Fekir...that’ll keep me quiet till the summer 😁

I would - in all likelihood - soil myself IF we sign a Fekir whose fitness we trust.

What a player.
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #37722: Jan 02, 2019 11:13:48 am
      I think at this stage of the season, and with injuries and all top of our list in this window should be a CB
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,665 posts | 491 
      Reply #37723: Jan 02, 2019 11:17:21 am
      If there was a choice between Pulisic or Werner, I'd go for Werner without a single doubt.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #37724: Jan 02, 2019 11:43:51 am
      Would have thought Pulisic would have been a marketing dream for FSG.
      Maybe the fee put them off.

I think the fee and possibly we are already in talks with Rabiot or someone else. £56m for a largely unproven player who has been warming the bench all season is batshit crazy and I think it says more about Chelsea's scatter gun recruitment process than our lack of ambition.
      I think we have plenty of options in midfield already and the more important area for us is another utility forward and/or cover at LB.
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,665 posts | 491 
      Reply #37725: Jan 02, 2019 12:08:21 pm
      I think the fee and possibly we are already in talks with Rabiot or someone else. £56m for a largely unproven player who has been warming the bench all season is batshit crazy and I think it says more about Chelsea's scatter gun recruitment process than our lack of ambition.
      I think we have plenty of options in midfield already and the more important area for us is another utility forward and/or cover at LB.

You should also take into account that he had just 1 year left in his contract. 56 million? F**k that.

Add to on top of that he won't be available for them this season, and is loaned back to Dortmund.
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #37726: Jan 02, 2019 12:15:24 pm
      One of a few signings Chelsea will make to compensate for Hazard's departure in the summer, I reckon.

Not too bothered we've missed out. If we really wanted him we'd have bid, but he's fallen behind a few players in the Dortmund pecking order and I feel £56m is a real gamble.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #37727: Jan 02, 2019 12:34:58 pm

Don't think we are in talks with anyone over transfers and won't be again until players leave.

In the Summer it will likely be 3 in for Mignolet, Moreno and Sturridge but all will be squad players only. Although we may already have enough young talent in the squad to cover these positions.

We're in a very healthy state squad wise.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #37728: Jan 02, 2019 01:09:58 pm
      Jorginho, Pulisic and Kante in the middle for them next season. We could have had 2/3 of those. If we have Milner and Henderson in the middle together next season it's going to be an error to pass up on both of them. Milner will be 33 in a couple of days, I'm not sure how long he'll be able to compete at the level he is now.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #37729: Jan 02, 2019 01:12:01 pm
      Don't think we are in talks with anyone over transfers and won't be again until players leave.

In the Summer it will likely be 3 in for Mignolet, Moreno and Sturridge but all will be squad players only. Although we may already have enough young talent in the squad to cover these positions.

We're in a very healthy state squad wise.

I agree we are pretty healthy at the moment, with the exception of attacking options, we could really do with one more genuine forward player because the step down to Sturridge and Origi is just to far at the moment. If we lose one forward we'd still be ok but lose 2 and we start to struggle, although we could perhaps shuffle the pack a bit and play our more attacking midfielders.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #37730: Jan 02, 2019 01:14:17 pm
      Jorginho, Pulisic and Kante in the middle for them next season. We could have had 2/3 of those. If we have Milner and Henderson in the middle together next season it's going to be an error to pass up on both of them. Milner will be 33 in a couple of days, I'm not sure how long he'll be able to compete at the level he is now.

Good thing we also have Fabinho, Keita, Gini, Shaq and Ox then :-) Your ability to look at the negative side of almost everything is astonishing Riba, come on make a change for 2019, be a half glass full kind of person.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #37731: Jan 02, 2019 01:21:01 pm
      Good thing we also have Fabinho, Keita, Gini, Shaq and Ox then :-) Your ability to look at the negative side of almost everything is astonishing Riba, come on make a change for 2019, be a half glass full kind of person.
      I'm not sure what kind of player Ox will be after this injury. People think he will still be okay, history shows this kind of injury can permanently affect a player's career. Also history shows at 33, the age Milner is, most players slow down. We should get at least one more centre mid to not be caught out.

From looking at research I can see 80% of people have good results when having surgery with a Cruciate Ligament Rupture, but that's for normal people. I'd assume for athletes it would be different.

If we get Rabiot, that's an upgrade from what Pulisic would have been in my opinion. We do need one more in that area next season.
      « Last Edit: Jan 02, 2019 01:36:50 pm by Ribapuru »
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #37732: Jan 02, 2019 01:51:50 pm
      From looking at research I can see 80% of people have good results when having surgery with a Cruciate Ligament Rupture, but that's for normal people. I'd assume for athletes it would be different.

You got there before I did Rib, was just going to research myself on cruciate injuries….
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #37733: Jan 02, 2019 02:09:02 pm
      You got there before I did Rib, was just going to research myself on cruciate injuries….
      majority of people get arthritis from this kind of injury too, not instantly but years down the line. He's got to be careful with his knee which means he may have to change the way he plays football. I'm not expecting anything like the old Ox back.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,991 posts | 3062 
      Reply #37734: Jan 02, 2019 02:40:46 pm
      majority of people get arthritis from this kind of injury too, not instantly but years down the line. He's got to be careful with his knee which means he may have to change the way he plays football. I'm not expecting anything like the old Ox back.

All really depends if you’re glass half full / empty type.

Definitely a risk that he could have some ongoing impacts but, equally, plenty players made full recovery.

It was a freak kinda traumatic injury as opposed to underlying musculature weakness (Owen /Studge) so that’s good potentially......but the truth is it just depends.

None of us know how he’ll recover; whether he’ll have to adapt etc etc.....

Fingers crossed the lad is as good as new.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #37735: Jan 02, 2019 02:45:58 pm
      I'm not sure what kind of player Ox will be after this injury. People think he will still be okay, history shows this kind of injury can permanently affect a player's career. Also history shows at 33, the age Milner is, most players slow down. We should get at least one more centre mid to not be caught out.

If we get Rabiot, that's an upgrade from what Pulisic would have been in my opinion. We do need one more in that area next season.

I agree. I am unsure we will see the same 17/18 Ox again, and with Milner 33/34 next season and Lallana 31 and seemingly injury prone, it would be a bit silly not to go for a free Rabiot.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #37736: Jan 02, 2019 02:47:49 pm
      Not one bit interested in the window this year. We have the squad to do this.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #37737: Jan 02, 2019 03:01:34 pm
      anyone we sign in this window is probably going to be FA cup only for a while.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,692 posts | 7160 
      Reply #37738: Jan 02, 2019 03:23:10 pm

absolutely mate and if people just recall how Jürgen likes players to take their time and bed in any signing now other than a truly world class one would probably not be ready until April. Stick for me.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #37739: Jan 02, 2019 03:25:44 pm
      absolutely mate and if people just recall how Jürgen likes players to take their time and bed in any signing now other than a truly world class one would probably not be ready until April. Stick for me.
      April is just as important as any other time. Also any signings now make next summer easier. Signing Rabiot cheaply now  would mean a much cheaper summer and a summer where we hold all the cards. We're going to need a new midfielder sooner rather than later. There's no doubt City will strengthen in the winter window too. If we beat City then it's probably going to be okay since a 10 point lead is fine, but otherwise not getting anybody is a big gamble with just as little as a 4 point lead.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #37740: Jan 02, 2019 03:40:58 pm

I fully expect us to get someone like Rabiot in the summer, or even this month, we do need to move on from Milner at some point but even without the Ox our midfield is in rude health at the moment.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #37741: Jan 02, 2019 03:42:42 pm
      All really depends if you’re glass half full / empty type.

Definitely a risk that he could have some ongoing impacts but, equally, plenty players made full recovery.

It was a freak kinda traumatic injury as opposed to underlying musculature weakness (Owen /Studge) so that’s good potentially......but the truth is it just depends.

None of us know how he’ll recover; whether he’ll have to adapt etc etc.....

Fingers crossed the lad is as good as new.

Gomez seemed to have recovered pretty well and so far so has Ings, which is great to see. Its not always game over with these kind of injuries so again try to look at the bright side.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #37742: Jan 02, 2019 03:57:15 pm
      I fully expect us to get someone like Rabiot in the summer, or even this month, we do need to move on from Milner at some point but even without the Ox our midfield is in rude health at the moment.

Have a feeling Rabiot will end up at Barca.

Would much prefer Lallana out Fekir in myself.

Quick Reply