Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 17th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P16 W12 D1 L3

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4252595 times
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,217 posts | 1104 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #37743: Jan 02, 2019 04:05:10 pm
      As an American y’all know I would love to have got Pulisic. However, now isn’t the time, and I’m on record for saying this before today. He is a sub for Dortmund and finds it hard to hold a spot down consistently at his current club. He has a lot of potential and is great going forward with the ball at his feet and creating space for wingers to slip in to. But his final ball needs work, he isn’t a natural goal scorer, and he doesn’t seem comfortable pressing players off the ball.

I wanted him 3 years from now. Chelsea got a good player, but I could see him getting lost in translation their aswell. When u factor in the money, it’s better them than us. That’s stupid money for someone with such little experience.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,197 posts | 3477 
      Reply #37744: Jan 02, 2019 04:10:07 pm
      I don’t think we are missing much by nkt getting Pulisic -£60 mil for a guy with just over a year left on his contract and a player who the club thought was only worth £11mil 18 months ago ? And he seems to have regressed.

Werner though I think would be perfect for Liverpool and just the sort of player Klopp would love
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,831 posts | 2459 
      Reply #37745: Jan 02, 2019 04:50:53 pm
      I don’t think we are missing much by nkt getting Pulisic -£60 mil for a guy with just over a year left on his contract and a player who the club thought was only worth £11mil 18 months ago ? And he seems to have regressed.

Werner though I think would be perfect for Liverpool and just the sort of player Klopp would love

Agree completely.

Werner actually makes a lot of sense and is a Klopp style player. He would give us lots of options in the front line if we signed him.
      LMW
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 364 posts | 112 
      Reply #37746: Jan 02, 2019 05:37:48 pm
      I don’t see us getting anyone in this window, maybe just a backup centre back due to our lack of cover there with injuries.

Who is currently available that would be an upgrade on anyone in our first XI? No one in my opinion.

No point buying anyone for the sake of it.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #37747: Jan 02, 2019 05:49:59 pm
      I think Rabiot could be a shrewd buy. If its now, we get a good, technical player for the run-in and its only gonna aid us more.

And he could be Milner's replacement who I think will depart on a free this summer as Leeds look like coming back to PL (touchwood: Liverpool and Leeds win their respective leagues). Who doesnt wanna return to their boyhood club?

Milner, Grujic depart and we get Rabiot
      Solanke, Origi depart and we get Werner
      Studge, Lallana depart and we get Havertz
      Clyne, Moreno depart and we get Kelly

That'll be an absolute dream summer!
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,831 posts | 2459 
      Reply #37748: Jan 02, 2019 07:02:11 pm
      I think Rabiot could be a shrewd buy. If its now, we get a good, technical player for the run-in and its only gonna aid us more.

And he could be Milner's replacement who I think will depart on a free this summer as Leeds look like coming back to PL (touchwood: Liverpool and Leeds win their respective leagues). Who doesnt wanna return to their boyhood club?

Milner, Grujic depart and we get Rabiot
      Solanke, Origi depart and we get Werner
      Studge, Lallana depart and we get Havertz
      Clyne, Moreno depart and we get Kelly

That'll be an absolute dream summer!

Kelly?
      bobobobo
      • Forum Ian St John

• 439 posts | 20 
      Reply #37749: Jan 02, 2019 07:16:37 pm
      I think if we signed Pulisic he wouldn't play all that often? He can play wide or in the middle but with Shaq doing so well why do we need a player that would surely be demanding game time before too long (for 60m as well?)

Mane, Firmino and Salah all pick themselves and when they can't play we have the players to shuffle things around at the minute. Sturridge, Lallana etc...I do think we need another winger who can lead the line as well as cover for Bobby, Mo or Sadio. This is of course assuming Shaq is usually played centrally against teams we expect to beat.

I don't think Pulisic is that winger to lead the line.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,036 posts | 2692 
      Reply #37750: Jan 02, 2019 07:16:41 pm
      I agree. I am unsure we will see the same 17/18 Ox again, and with Milner 33/34 next season and Lallana 31 and seemingly injury prone, it would be a bit silly not to go for a free Rabiot.

Or buy another midfielder. I think that's the only position we would move for a forst-team player. Any others would be cover.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #37751: Jan 02, 2019 07:34:02 pm
      Very difficult to buy players now who will improve the first XI - and aside from a second choice left back i'd say this squad is complete.

We just have to keep this squad together now for as long as we can and silverware will come.

I actually don't see us City or Spurs making any significant signings this winter.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #37752: Jan 02, 2019 07:42:45 pm
      Or buy another midfielder. I think that's the only position we would move for a forst-team player. Any others would be cover.

Speaking of midfielders, I just read Houssem Aouar had to choose between us or Lyon in 2016. If we end up getting Rabiot, I can't see us returning for Aouar as he'll probably end up at a big club in the next couple of seasons.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,403 posts | 6408 
      Reply #37753: Jan 02, 2019 08:18:16 pm
      Very difficult to buy players now who will improve the first XI - and aside from a second choice left back i'd say this squad is complete.

We just have to keep this squad together now for as long as we can and silverware will come.

I actually don't see us City or Spurs making any significant signings this winter.

City will buy someone...they will be desperate to do something to shake things up. That's all they have now is their money. They'll try to use it.
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #37754: Jan 03, 2019 12:31:36 am
      majority of people get arthritis from this kind of injury too, not instantly but years down the line. He's got to be careful with his knee which means he may have to change the way he plays football. I'm not expecting anything like the old Ox back.

Like the old ox? He wasn’t exactly a superstar
      Modern medicine he’ll be absolutely fine just can’t rush it
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #37755: Jan 03, 2019 09:33:13 am

Bristol City's Lloyd Kelly, apparently a bid is imminent !
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,831 posts | 2459 
      Reply #37756: Jan 03, 2019 09:41:42 am
      Bristol City's Lloyd Kelly, apparently a bid is imminent !

Nice one mate he must be a good prospect.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,831 posts | 2459 
      Reply #37757: Jan 03, 2019 09:45:40 am
      Speaking of midfielders, I just read Houssem Aouar had to choose between us or Lyon in 2016. If we end up getting Rabiot, I can't see us returning for Aouar as he'll probably end up at a big club in the next couple of seasons.

Aouer would be brilliant he's only 20 and already better than Rabiot.

He'll be huge money though.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,985 posts | 3061 
      Reply #37758: Jan 03, 2019 09:49:54 am
      Aouer would be brilliant he's only 20 and already better than Rabiot.

He'll be huge money though.

Very different players Baz - agree he’s a good ‘un though.
      Sir Suarez
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 783 posts | 59 
      Reply #37759: Jan 03, 2019 09:59:17 am
      Reckon this could be the window where we don't even open a specific player transfer thread...
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #37760: Jan 03, 2019 11:12:51 am
      Reckon this could be the window where we don't even open a specific player transfer thread...

True that! Esp if the gap widens to 10 points after tonight, Jürgen will be arsed about this window. We got Chambo coming back in March and Lallana, Origi, Studge, Clyne, Moreno will definitely play their roles over the next 18 games.
      LMW
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 364 posts | 112 
      Reply #37761: Jan 03, 2019 11:20:11 am
      Anyone worried we might have to play Moreno and Nathaniel Phillips at LB and CB respectively if we (god forbid) get any more injuries at the back?
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #37762: Jan 03, 2019 11:25:03 am
      Anyone worried we might have to play Moreno and Nathaniel Phillips at LB and CB respectively if we (god forbid) get any more injuries at the back?

Nah Citeh got 100 points with Fabian Delph at LB
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,938 posts | 1480 
      Reply #37763: Jan 03, 2019 11:39:19 am
      City will buy someone...they will be desperate to do something to shake things up. That's all they have now is their money. They'll try to use it.

Yes. Pay £350m for Kylan Mbappe.  :aaliverpool2xt1:
      skamp
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 834 posts | 306 
      Reply #37764: Jan 03, 2019 11:43:53 am
      This is the first transfer window I can ever recall, where I don't feel we need to sign a player/s. 

It's testament to the magnificent job JK has done the past 3 years, that any signings are a bonus.
      Borg
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 319 posts | 80 
      Reply #37765: Jan 03, 2019 12:11:09 pm
      LB depth is LFC's most glaring weakness and Moreno cannot be trusted as a defender. When Albert moves on, he should seek a team willing to experiment with his role. The man is an terrific athlete with certifiable pace....but an incredible liability on the back line.
      Moreno's recent quote that he doesn't understand why Robertson gets the starting nod is ......delusional.
      Stay healthy Andy.

Quick Reply