Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 3rd of June and on this date LFC's match record is P3 W3 D0 L0

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4288616 times
      Rush Goalie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,363 posts | 290 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #40503: Jul 29, 2019 11:29:26 pm
      I'm really in two minds about this, I do think that Brewster could become a top player and he could burst onto the scene like Michael Owen did but it's a hell of a gamble. Origi proved that he is a real handy option and proved his worth but I think we still need another attacker but then I ask who's available excluding fantasy signings like Mbappe, who's worth spending on?
      Our front 3 will be our front 3 they won't get ousted so I'd like a attacking midfielder who scores goals and could chip in when the front 3 aren't firing. I'd have tried to bring Coutinho back for the simple fact that he's proven in the PL and could make the difference but the Ox could be the one to do that.
      I know he's not a midfielder but I would have liked us to sign Aubameyang, proven scorer worked with Klopp I wanted him here when he played for Dortmund, he can't be on much more than Sturridge was but his age wouldn't fit with our policy anyway..I know it wouldn't happen.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #40504: Jul 29, 2019 11:31:20 pm
      What do you mean by silly? Each person is entitled to an own opinion.
      Back on point, I put it back to you. You said the front three weren't firing sometimes. They couldn't score. But Origi did. He did what you desired. Which was to deliver. To say to the person who delivered that he's not good enough when the front three did not, is also very insulting. Insulting to the man who got us number six.

I'd prefer someone who will deliver regardless of quality. I say again Barca front three were all on the same pitch but were toothless at Anfield. They had quality but couldn't deliver. You can have your own preference for quality. I'd take the one who can deliver. We both feel secure in our own way. Anyway you should just respect others for their own opinion the way some have respected you. Not everything you say is THE way. On that note, try not to convert people's beliefs and worse look down on them or label them as silly or dumb or stupid or whatever, for not believing in the same things as you do.

I say again, there can be differences and we can agree or disagree. At the end of the day, someone else runs the club. Our influence is only as far as vocally supporting the team on match day. Apart from giving the club money. If Origi is fourth choice then we'll just have to live with it. We just vote with our feet. Stay or walk... M62 can lead us to Manchester.

Oh so I'm the rude one here, OK gotcha! Wow!

BTW its hard to take someone seriously when they claim Origi is in anyway better than Sadio, Bobby or Mo.

I'll say again, if you consider Origi so good then you must be annoyed that Klopp doesn't start him more often.

If you explain your side better then I'll respect it.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #40505: Jul 29, 2019 11:33:47 pm
      Do City kept 6 forwards happy ?

Sane isn’t happy and would jump at the chance to leave , Jesus has complained many times , Aguero when he was on the bench was looking to leave , Mahrez won’t be happy sat on the bench for too much longer.

And yet they have 6 top quality forwards who slot seamlessly into the team when called upon, if they have a whinge from time to time then it's good, it shows passion and hunger.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #40506: Jul 29, 2019 11:36:11 pm
      I'm really in two minds about this, I do think that Brewster could become a top player and he could burst onto the scene like Michael Owen did but it's a hell of a gamble. Origi proved that he is a real handy option and proved his worth but I think we still need another attacker but then I ask who's available excluding fantasy signings like Mbappe, who's worth spending on?
      Our front 3 will be our front 3 they won't get ousted so I'd like a attacking midfielder who scores goals and could chip in when the front 3 aren't firing. I'd have tried to bring Coutinho back for the simple fact that he's proven in the PL and could make the difference but the Ox could be the one to do that.
      I know he's not a midfielder but I would have liked us to sign Aubameyang, proven scorer worked with Klopp I wanted him here when he played for Dortmund, he can't be on much more than Sturridge was but his age wouldn't fit with our policy anyway..I know it wouldn't happen.

That's actually a good shout an attacking midfielder like Coutinho would be ideal.
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,815 posts | 1407 
      Reply #40507: Jul 30, 2019 12:26:42 am

Rude or not, you are seriously bringing this board down recently. We get it, you are unhappy we haven't signed anyone of note, but do you really have to keep saying the same thing and arguing with the same people about it ad nauseam? This place is unreadable lately and you are a the biggest reason for it.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,890 posts | 6821 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #40508: Jul 30, 2019 02:55:54 am
      Honestly thought after winning the CL and finishing so agonizingly close to winning the PL, every Tom, Dick and Larry would be banging on our door to let them in!!! Looks like Jürgen has shut the front door on all of them!
      RedWilly

• 9,214 posts | 1646 
      Reply #40509: Jul 30, 2019 03:30:55 am
      Maybe mentioned a few pages back, but Juve are looking to offload Dybala. Remember reading about it last season and now looking to include him in a deal with the mancs.

Anyone watch him, surely would be an option to rotate amongst our front 3?
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #40510: Jul 30, 2019 08:19:16 am
      Rude or not, you are seriously bringing this board down recently. We get it, you are unhappy we haven't signed anyone of note, but do you really have to keep saying the same thing and arguing with the same people about it ad nauseam? This place is unreadable lately and you are a the biggest reason for it.

OK fair point, apologies, but do you also criticise Walton for that or just me?
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,243 posts | 851 
      Reply #40511: Jul 30, 2019 10:38:49 am
      Maybe mentioned a few pages back, but Juve are looking to offload Dybala. Remember reading about it last season and now looking to include him in a deal with the mancs.

Anyone watch him, surely would be an option to rotate amongst our front 3?

Dybala would be a fantastic signing for any club.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #40512: Jul 30, 2019 11:38:10 am
      Dybala would be a fantastic signing for any club.

which begs the question why are Juventus looking to sell him?
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #40513: Jul 30, 2019 11:46:29 am

They are fast becoming like Madrid and Barca IMO, since signing Ronaldo it’s now whether you are in line with their commercial profile.
      ruthcity

• 6,938 posts | 1480 
      Reply #40514: Jul 30, 2019 12:17:43 pm

BTW its hard to take someone seriously when they claim Origi is in anyway better than Sadio, Bobby or Mo.

I'll say again, if you consider Origi so good then you must be annoyed that Klopp doesn't start him more often.

If you explain your side better then I'll respect it.

I definitely didn't say that you're rude. Who am I to judge you? I just requested that you respect others' line of thought.

If you need explanation, it's still the same.   Sadio, Bobby or Mo wouldn't perform perfectly every time. It's also in line with your thoughts. Sometimes they'd drop the ball. Here's where I say, he'd come in and fill any lapses where the front three sometimes leave. He gets the job done and does it very well. Irregardless of quality. Divock has his own way of getting the job done. On that, he's a good enough cover for me. It's an ecosystem where Divock comes in and covers any lapses. Nothing on quality or who's better. As of now Divock can get the job done. Origi is good. Good enough as a cover. Neither did I say Origi should start ahead of the three if they're fit, unless it's a Klopp tactical special that we don't understand.

This system is good enough for me because it's good enough for klopp. You may desire other systems. I respect that. We all respect that. That's between you and the system klopp is using now. And I've never once said your views are wrong. You have your own argument. So let's leave it as that. Our views differ. It's not like you're right and I'm wrong, or I'm right and you're wrong. Both perspectives are valid and have some truth in them.

For the record, I've decided to put you on ignore. Because you appear to make people out to be what they aren't without understanding or clarifying their position.

Don't bother replying. I respectfully disengage from my conversation with you. If you may. If this was a court case, congratulations. You have successfully worn me out. Well before the first ball is kicked.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,489 posts | 8675 
      Reply #40515: Jul 30, 2019 01:17:31 pm
      Yes those are the good games from Origi and they were all wonderful although the Everton goal was a fluke goal and anyone could have scored that, the first Barca goal was a tap in, I can't really remember the Newcastle goal, was it a screamer into the top corner? The goal form Trent's corner was a thing of beauty though, it really was.

Anyway the problem with Origi is not his positioning or shooting, its his overall game intelligence and link up play, he simply is not on the same wavelength as the other players and he doesn't seem to be improving in this regard.

If you think he is so good then answer me this, would you honestly feel comfortable if Bobby was out injured half the season and we had to play Origi instead? If you answer No then you must agree we need to buy someone better, someone more like Bobby or Sadio/Mo

Doesn't matter how you score them. F***ing hell Ian Rush made a living out of tap ins and is the clubs record goalscorer.

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,489 posts | 8675 
      Reply #40516: Jul 30, 2019 01:22:20 pm

Cos they have Ronaldo, Higuain, Kean, Mandzukic, Bernardeschi, Pjaca off the top of my head.
      ed603em
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 735 posts | 113 
      Reply #40517: Jul 30, 2019 01:28:23 pm
      I suspect that what’s happened is that  Klopp has struck a gentleman’s agreement with both Brewster and with Origi that he won’t sign any new forwards and will give them more game time in exchange for Origi signing his new contract and Brewster agreeing to stay at the club and not look to move to Germany.

Whilst I would be happier if we had signed someone up front who was more established than Brewster and who had a bit more quality than Origi, I get the logic - they’re known quantities and Klopp obviously is backing himself to improve them as players.

I suspect the gentleman’s agreement is that they have this season to prove themselves ... fingers crossed they prove Klopp right
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #40518: Jul 30, 2019 01:41:38 pm
      I definitely didn't say that you're rude. Who am I to judge you? I just requested that you respect others' line of thought.

If you need explanation, it's still the same.   Sadio, Bobby or Mo wouldn't perform perfectly every time. It's also in line with your thoughts. Sometimes they'd drop the ball. Here's where I say, he'd come in and fill any lapses where the front three sometimes leave. He gets the job done and does it very well. Irregardless of quality. Divock has his own way of getting the job done. On that, he's a good enough cover for me. It's an ecosystem where Divock comes in and covers any lapses. Nothing on quality or who's better. As of now Divock can get the job done. Origi is good. Good enough as a cover. Neither did I say Origi should start ahead of the three if they're fit, unless it's a Klopp tactical special that we don't understand.

This system is good enough for me because it's good enough for klopp. You may desire other systems. I respect that. We all respect that. That's between you and the system klopp is using now. And I've never once said your views are wrong. You have your own argument. So let's leave it as that. Our views differ. It's not like you're right and I'm wrong, or I'm right and you're wrong. Both perspectives are valid and have some truth in them.

For the record, I've decided to put you on ignore. Because you appear to make people out to be what they aren't without understanding or clarifying their position.

Don't bother replying. I respectfully disengage from my conversation with you. If you may. If this was a court case, congratulations. You have successfully worn me out. Well before the first ball is kicked.

Loving all these snowflakes who come on a forum but aren't prepared to debate as if I somehow invade their safe space or something, pathetic.

For the record Origi is not even close to the level of Sadio, Mo and Bobby and there is not one single technical thing he can do which the others can't do much better, I guess that was the basis of our disagreement and it would have been interesting to discuss it further, but perhaps you'll be happier in a little bubble where everyone always agrees with you.

BTW I'm happy enough having Origi as a 5th choice forward, as we was most of last season, but we need a better deputy, 4th, for our regular three, hopefully Brewster will become that player.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #40519: Jul 30, 2019 01:43:42 pm
      Doesn't matter how you score them. F***ing hell Ian Rush made a living out of tap ins and is the clubs record goalscorer.

hmm I fancy Rush did a bit more than tap-ins, there was a good a documentary recently on Sky Sports covering his career goals, he was a really fabulous striker, one of our very best.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #40520: Jul 30, 2019 01:44:25 pm
      Cos they have Ronaldo, Higuain, Kean, Mandzukic, Bernardeschi, Pjaca off the top of my head.

but how on earth can they have so many top class forwards, all in one team??? ;-)
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,489 posts | 8675 
      Reply #40521: Jul 30, 2019 02:22:32 pm
      hmm I fancy Rush did a bit more than tap-ins, there was a good a documentary recently on Sky Sports covering his career goals, he was a really fabulous striker, one of our very best.

I know I was in the ground watching him for the majority of his career. My childhood hero and the striker I compare everyone else too.

Have  to remember ask any striker worth his salt what's the fave goal the love scoring and they will mostly all say the tap in. How many times has McAteer mentioned it in pre-season about Fowler. There the goals that pay the rent to quote a famous line from a commentator about Keegan.
      « Last Edit: Jul 30, 2019 02:26:55 pm by HUYTON RED »
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,489 posts | 8675 
      Reply #40522: Jul 30, 2019 02:23:31 pm
      but how on earth can they have so many top class forwards, all in one team??? ;-)

They don't all play though do they, hence Dybala wanting off and Kean being tracked by the blueshite.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #40523: Jul 30, 2019 02:39:08 pm
      I know I was in the ground watching him for the majority of his career. My childhood hero and the striker I compare everyone else too.

Have  to remember ask any striker worth his salt what's the fave goal the love scoring and they will mostly all say the tap in. How many times has McAteer mentioned it in pre-season about Fowler. There the goals that pay the rent to quote a famous line from a commentator about Keegan.

I think it was Rush who made me fall in love with the club, he scored an absolute screamer of a goal into the top corner in the very first match I went to, I think it was Liverpool Vs Oldham.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #40524: Jul 30, 2019 02:40:18 pm
      They don't all play though do they, hence Dybala wanting off and Kean being tracked by the blueshite.

We are just never going to agree on this are we, ie having top players in reserve, but for the benefit of the forum lets leave it there
      rossyred

• 9,316 posts | 1672 
      Reply #40525: Jul 30, 2019 06:04:23 pm
      Dybala to Utd swap with Lukaku hate to say it if that comes off Scum have got the better deal 

Quick Reply