Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 16th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P16 W12 D1 L3

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4250476 times
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,501 posts | 4840 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Re: General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #44298: Mar 13, 2021 02:56:59 pm
      So you honestly think we could win Haaland in a bidding war with Real Madrid, Barca, PSG, Man Utd, City and probably Chavs as well. This lad is hot property, there is no way in hell we will offer the wages to win that kind of bidding war and nor should we.

We need to find the next Haaland, the lad who is playing for a RB Salzburg who will become a superstar in 2 years time after we buy him.

Our scouts need to do better.

I'd be amazed if he went to United after what happened with his dad.
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,813 posts | 1406 
      Reply #44299: Mar 13, 2021 03:16:23 pm
      He should of never have gone to AM they are to defensive we are not seeing the best of him, you would see him flourish here or even city

Yea that move made no sense for Felix. He needs to be in an offensive team, not a rich man’s bus parker.
      CT_LFC

• 6,813 posts | 1406 
      Reply #44300: Mar 13, 2021 03:18:19 pm

We need to find the next Haaland, the lad who is playing for a RB Salzburg who will become a superstar in 2 years time after we buy him.

Our scouts need to do better.

Supposedly we are looking at some kid from Santos who’s supposed to be the next big thing. Never heard of him so who knows.
      CT_LFC

• 6,813 posts | 1406 
      Reply #44301: Mar 13, 2021 03:21:33 pm
      Why would they even need him though they have 4 similar players already?

They signed Torres last Summer and he's barely played.

Why wouldn’t  they. We too have 4 players up front and people complain about our options.

Aguero is leaving so they’ll likely replace him. It’s not like they have to follow the same rules the rest of the teams do.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,831 posts | 2459 
      Reply #44302: Mar 13, 2021 04:22:59 pm
      Why wouldn’t  they. We too have 4 players up front and people complain about our options.

Aguero is leaving so they’ll likely replace him. It’s not like they have to follow the same rules the rest of the teams do.

Don't think Foden would be too impressed to see another player he'll be rotated with arrive.

Can't see it happening I think Haaland or Kane will be the main targets for City to replace Aguero this Summer.
      CT_LFC

• 6,813 posts | 1406 
      Reply #44303: Mar 13, 2021 04:40:38 pm
      Don't think Foden would be too impressed to see another player he'll be rotated with arrive.

Can't see it happening I think Haaland or Kane will be the main targets for City to replace Aguero this Summer.

They would definitely be the best fit since they need someone central. Would hate to see Haaland going there, but with their unlimited resources and lack of accountability it would not surprise me one bit. Messi is available on a free as well (as far as i know) and City could easily pay his wages.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,168 posts | 2747 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #44304: Mar 13, 2021 07:49:43 pm

I think Haaland or Kane will be the main targets for City to replace Aguero this Summer.

Thinks there's only City  & Chavs can afford Kane.
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,756 posts | 863 
      Reply #44305: Mar 13, 2021 08:09:36 pm
      Haaland looks and sound like a guy who potentially has human limbs laying around in his fridge but I still want us to sign him. Now I dont know which of those two statements is the closest to being categorized as ''fantasy'' (or dark fantasy) but I'll keep a little hope in my heart.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,375 posts | 8624 
      Reply #44306: Mar 14, 2021 04:30:12 pm
      Haaland looks and sound like a guy who potentially has human limbs laying around in his fridge but I still want us to sign him. Now I dont know which of those two statements is the closest to being categorized as ''fantasy'' (or dark fantasy) but I'll keep a little hope in my heart.

What I've seen of him playing for Dortmund, he's the closest replacement for Firmino I've seen, just with added goals.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,846 posts | 6785 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #44307: Mar 15, 2021 06:45:22 am
      He would be a sensational buy.

Why we didn't go for him when he was valued at 20 million pounds, I have no idea!
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,471 posts | 4592 
      Reply #44308: Mar 15, 2021 08:06:33 am
      What I've seen of him playing for Dortmund, he's the closest replacement for Firmino I've seen, just with added goals.

Loves to wind up the opposition & not afraid to get stuck in defending his team mates...loves a scrap..😂 just what we need..
      Isaac!
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,572 posts | 325 
      Reply #44309: Mar 15, 2021 09:55:44 am
      I don't see it. Firstly, Klopp loves Firmino and praises his importance all the time. There is no suggestion that he is looking to replace him at all. And from what I've seen of Haaland he is nothing like Bobby, and has much more in common with a player like Lewandowski.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #44310: Mar 15, 2021 12:10:10 pm
      I don't see it. Firstly, Klopp loves Firmino and praises his importance all the time. There is no suggestion that he is looking to replace him at all. And from what I've seen of Haaland he is nothing like Bobby, and has much more in common with a player like Lewandowski.

Yeah I don't see the comparison between Bobby and Haaland. I'd compare Haaland with Kane, a traditional CF.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,400 posts | 6408 
      Reply #44311: Mar 15, 2021 01:18:29 pm
      Whether he's like Firmino or isn't like Firmino, if there was any chance we could get him, we need to move Heaven and Earth to do it. Generational talent.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,831 posts | 2459 
      Reply #44312: Mar 15, 2021 10:54:09 pm
      Yeah I don't see the comparison between Bobby and Haaland. I'd compare Haaland with Kane, a traditional CF.

Agree Haaland is very similar to Kane, comparing him to Firmino is odd.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,831 posts | 2459 
      Reply #44313: Mar 15, 2021 10:56:23 pm

Don't think he's like Firmino at all he's an out and out true number 9 power striker.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,375 posts | 8624 
      Reply #44314: Mar 16, 2021 01:40:51 pm
      Agree Haaland is very similar to Kane, comparing him to Firmino is odd.

Must of been all that pressing defenders he was doing during last weeks European game!!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,375 posts | 8624 
      Reply #44315: Mar 16, 2021 01:42:23 pm
      Don't think he's like Firmino at all he's an out and out true number 9 power striker.

Have you watched him through a full 90 minute game, watched him last week for probably the first time, his work rate and pressing is impressive, hence my comparison to Bobby.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,831 posts | 2459 
      Reply #44316: Mar 16, 2021 02:30:27 pm
      Have you watched him through a full 90 minute game, watched him last week for probably the first time, his work rate and pressing is impressive, hence my comparison to Bobby.

Fair enough but Kane also presses defenders and plays deep a lot of the time but still bangs in goals most games. I don't think Haaland has the silky close ball skills and interplay ability of Bobby so apart from work rate I think the comparisons end for me.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,375 posts | 8624 
      Reply #44317: Mar 16, 2021 04:23:02 pm
      I don't think Haaland has the silky close ball skills and interplay ability of Bobby so apart from work rate I think the comparisons end for me.

He doesn't need to have "silky close ball skills and interplay ability" which have been missing for most of this season from Bobby when Haaland's banging more goals than Bobby!!

fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #44318: Mar 18, 2021 06:23:46 am
      Surely people on a wind up comparing Haaland negatively to Bobby.

I would take that lad over Mbappe he is just a freak.

Seen some consistently awful touches from Bobby this season in amongst the odd bit of brilliance to suggest we wouldn't be a worse team with the best young striker in the world up front instead of him.

We have to get in that race to sign the lad. If City land him then its a long 5 or 6 seasons. If United somehow got him then they would be a different proposition.

Hes another level to anything else coming through the game at this point.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,304 posts | 4949 
      Reply #44319: Mar 18, 2021 08:27:03 am
      Fair enough but Kane also presses defenders and plays deep a lot of the time but still bangs in goals most games. I don't think Haaland has the silky close ball skills and interplay ability of Bobby so apart from work rate I think the comparisons end for me.

Bobby doesn't even have those silky ball skills at the moment.  :f_tongueincheek:
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #44320: Mar 18, 2021 10:41:09 am
      Bobby doesn't even have those silky ball skills at the moment.  :f_tongueincheek:

Id argue Haaland has far more tech'ers than Bobby these days, actually Haaland has some very quick feet and a superb football brain.

Quick Reply