Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4265901 times
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #28244: Feb 22, 2017 04:41:56 pm
      Unless its all BS to keep our true targets concealed from other teams!
        Quote and Reply

Mane?

Gini?

Some talk about them as 2nd & 3rd choices from our original targets; could be however that the manager wanted them all along...with Mane you can definitely see why....it was like we are waiting on Goetze..waiting on Goetze...Goetze says no thanks and couple days later there is Mane done and dusted and nobody knew it was coming.

The players themselves can't be farther apart in skill sets so perhaps Mane was the target all along.

Dahoud and Zielinski....both young both learning...both are targets for what seems an endless time and then here comes Gini out of nowhere.

Honestly Dahoud may turn out OK but he is not even close to being a finished product...Zielinski has done much of nothing up to now but we end up with a fully capped dutch starter who has played in the PL and was a captain in Holland and is entering his prime.....the profiles of these players are only similar in that they play in the mid-field.

Perhaps this manager knows how to do Jedi mind tricks...I would not put it past him.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #28245: Feb 22, 2017 06:26:12 pm
      Guys the players agent lets other clubs know, obviously. It's commonplace, we bid for player A, the bid looks like getting accepted, so agent of player A identifies other clubs that they too could get him at that price. Then all they have to do is better our wage offer, and we're onto the next one on the list. Simples.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Reply #28246: Feb 22, 2017 06:28:16 pm
      Mane?

Gini?

Some talk about them as 2nd & 3rd choices from our original targets; could be however that the manager wanted them all along...with Mane you can definitely see why....it was like we are waiting on Goetze..waiting on Goetze...Goetze says no thanks and couple days later there is Mane done and dusted and nobody knew it was coming.

The players themselves can't be farther apart in skill sets so perhaps Mane was the target all along.

Dahoud and Zielinski....both young both learning...both are targets for what seems an endless time and then here comes Gini out of nowhere.

Honestly Dahoud may turn out OK but he is not even close to being a finished product...Zielinski has done much of nothing up to now but we end up with a fully capped dutch starter who has played in the PL and was a captain in Holland and is entering his prime.....the profiles of these players are only similar in that they play in the mid-field.

Perhaps this manager knows how to do Jedi mind tricks...I would not put it past him.

Re Zielinski

https://twitter.com/squawka/status/833335988067958787

Also started against Real in CL so I wouldn't go as far as done nothing much.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,036 posts | 2692 
      Reply #28247: Feb 22, 2017 06:44:41 pm
      Guys the players agent lets other clubs know, obviously. It's commonplace, we bid for player A, the bid looks like getting accepted, so agent of player A identifies other clubs that they too could get him at that price. Then all they have to do is better our wage offer, and we're onto the next one on the list. Simples.

And the agent leeches more money. Yup.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #28248: Feb 22, 2017 07:18:47 pm
      Re Zielinski

https://twitter.com/squawka/status/833335988067958787

Also started against Real in CL so I wouldn't go as far as done nothing much.

I wonder where he would have played under us? Lallana or Wijnaldum's role?
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #28249: Feb 22, 2017 07:57:17 pm
      Well seeing as though the club mouth pieces Pearce, Reddy, Joyce etc quote the same targets I would say the club are briefing the press.

Absolutely this, the moment one of them spills the beans on something the other two are chirping the same tune almost instantaneously. It's not a case of one leading and the others following either.

We're happy to be linked, monitor, express interest, ask to be made aware of and all other terms that don't actually involve money changing hands.

I've left a few messages with Gigi Hadid's agent, Emily Ratajkowski's and Kendall Jenner's too, that when they're free for a night out I'm extremely interested. I've about as much chance of spending a night with any of those as we have of competing with any of the Real's/City/Barca/Chavs etc, that much is obvious.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #28250: Feb 23, 2017 04:11:00 pm
      Sead Kolasinac anybody?

Free agent in the Summer

23 year old left back from Schalke
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,423 posts | 6420 
      Reply #28251: Feb 23, 2017 05:47:44 pm
      Sead Kolasinac anybody?

Free agent in the Summer

We do seem to like a free signing!
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,036 posts | 2692 
      Reply #28252: Feb 23, 2017 06:28:18 pm
      We do seem to like a free signing!

Would be an upgrade over the long-term.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,333 posts | 2834 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #28253: Feb 25, 2017 02:51:34 pm
      Naby Keita and Emil Forsberg are so much fun to watch. I'd love us to consider going for them
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #28254: Feb 25, 2017 08:12:11 pm
      Lanzini at West Ham looks to me like the sort of player who is just about to become really really special. Given we'll probably sell Phillipe Coutinho in the next 18 months or so we could do a lot worse. Also Aaron Cresswell is a very good left back.

All IMHO of course. 
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #28255: Feb 25, 2017 08:45:27 pm
      M.Owen said Crystal Palace has world class players, maybe we should shop there!  :lmao:  :lmao:
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,728 posts | 3945 
      Reply #28256: Feb 25, 2017 08:49:02 pm
      Lanzini at West Ham looks to me like the sort of player who is just about to become really really special. Given we'll probably sell Phillipe Coutinho in the next 18 months or so we could do a lot worse. Also Aaron Cresswell is a very good left back.

All IMHO of course.

Cresswell to Liverpool would be a perfect fit in my opinion. Isn't he a scouser too?
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,544 posts | 1544 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #28257: Feb 26, 2017 05:41:57 pm
      Wouldn't mind putting a bid in for Gabbiadini if he carries on like this
      harrydunn08

• 5,927 posts | 968 
      Reply #28258: Feb 26, 2017 05:47:51 pm
      Wouldn't mind putting a bid in for Gabbiadini if he carries on like this

He's settled in quite nicely, hasn't he?!  Maybe a swap for Studge in the summer  :f_tongueincheek:
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,498 posts | 233 
      Reply #28259: Feb 26, 2017 06:07:06 pm
      Might as well buy Southampton, we can't keep looking at their signings and scouting.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #28260: Feb 26, 2017 06:45:51 pm
      That Ibrahimovic bloke is quite good isn't he? F*** all resale value though, so I'm glad we don't get involved in paying players like him lots of money.

As for that Gabbiadini, pointless signing players like him in January "just for the sake of it". Last thing we need.

Twenty years ago if you'd told me the Mancs were going to draw level with us on trophies I'd have laughed at you. Ah well, always next year.
      RedWilly

• 9,213 posts | 1646 
      Reply #28261: Feb 26, 2017 07:01:44 pm
      That Ibrahimovic bloke is quite good isn't he? F*** all resale value though, so I'm glad we don't get involved in paying players like him lots of money.

Depressing isn't it.

Thing is, we wouldn't even entertain the thought of going someone like him, even on a free because of his wages. And the accountants will tell us that not only is it not possible but it's also a good thing that we don't do that. Bet all the mancs fans get dead depressed when they hear about what he earns though!
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Reply #28262: Feb 26, 2017 07:05:14 pm
      Depressing isn't it.

Thing is, we wouldn't even entertain the thought of going someone like him, even on a free because of his wages. And the accountants will tell us that not only is it not possible but it's also a good thing that we don't do that. Bet all the mancs fans get dead depressed when they hear about what he earns though!

They can afford it we can't.

Unless we get a sugar daddy it will stay that way.

harrydunn08

• 5,927 posts | 968 
      Reply #28263: Feb 26, 2017 07:14:17 pm

As for that Gabbiadini, pointless signing players like him in January "just for the sake of it". Last thing we need.

Twenty years ago if you'd told me the Mancs were going to draw level with us on trophies I'd have laughed at you. Ah well, always next year.

Do you think Ibra would press from the front?  Would he fit the way our manager wants to play? 

As for Gabbiadini -- if Klopp had spent 15M on him and he'd been a failure, I guarantee he would have been used by certain fans as further proof of FSG's lack of ambition.... 

Klopp is an ambitious manager -- he wants to win trophies.  He also strikes me as a man who isn't afraid to speak his mind.  If he feels that he isn't being given the resources and/or opportunities to be successful here, I think he will let us know.  Just my two cents....
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,423 posts | 6420 
      Reply #28264: Feb 26, 2017 07:34:22 pm
      Sead Kolasinac anybody?

Free agent in the Summer

Just read a piece by Keith Costigan (Red and Bundisliga commentator for Fox) and he said if there was one player from Bundisliga that he could sign it would be him.

Said he's good going forward and strong defensively. Apparently he did a couple of his games and in those games he marked Pulisic and Robben out of the game. Physical defensive player that gets forward as well? And he's a free agent? If all this is true, we should have him signed already IMO.
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,058 posts | 547 
      Reply #28265: Feb 26, 2017 07:38:24 pm

Cresswell to Liverpool would be a perfect fit in my opinion. Isn't he a scouser too?
      Yeah, think he's a fan.

I was wanting him a while ago, but then he got that bad injury. Not sure how he's played since he came back?

I'd quite like Kieran Tierney from Celtic. Might be a fair bit of competition though.
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,498 posts | 233 
      Reply #28266: Feb 26, 2017 07:40:12 pm
      Do you think Ibra would press from the front?  Would he fit the way our manager wants to play? 

As for Gabbiadini -- if Klopp had spent 15M on him and he'd been a failure, I guarantee he would have been used by certain fans as further proof of FSG's lack of ambition.... 

Klopp is an ambitious manager -- he wants to win trophies.  He also strikes me as a man who isn't afraid to speak his mind.  If he feels that he isn't being given the resources and/or opportunities to be successful here, I think he will let us know.  Just my two cents....

Probably won't press too much but he would easily be our top scorer and he's a good plan a and plan b. He is a recognised scorer

Quick Reply