Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 2nd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P23 W7 D5 L11

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4216621 times
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #28934: Apr 19, 2017 12:39:47 pm
      Yes indeed. The last bits of the article also stated that- Ironically Hart made another costly error yesterday in Torino's 1-1 draw with lowly Crotone. Torino had dominated the match but Hart misjudged a cross to the back post to allow Crotone substitute Simeon Nwankwo to equalise.

So he wants us to sign a keeper who is also prone to mistakes like this, and according to him he has champions league experience too. Bet he didn't see Claudio Bravo who also has this "Champions League experience".

I've also never seen a keeper struggle so much to dive or stop shots to one side of the goal - this occasion being the left.

Suarez free kick, Sterling in the 3-2 win, Lallana's shot that trickled in, all 4 goals in Torino's 4-0 loss the other week, Coutinho's goal in the 3-2 win etc.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #28935: Apr 19, 2017 12:50:06 pm
      I know Carra has his media career to think of, but he needs to keep his nose out and his mouth shut.
      If he's going to focus on pundit work, his opinion (and that's all it is) has no more validity than anyone else's.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #28936: Apr 19, 2017 12:54:38 pm
      Being reported today that LFC  has signed Joe Hart  to take him at season end from Torino.

(Bleacher Report) 
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #28937: Apr 19, 2017 01:06:51 pm
      has signed Joe Hart  to take him at season end from Torino.

(Bleacher Report) 
        Quote and Reply

The source is the scum...
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,340 posts | 6391 
      Reply #28938: Apr 19, 2017 03:07:04 pm
      Being reported today that LFC  has signed Joe Hart  to take him at season end from Torino.

(Bleacher Report) 

Bleacher Report....nuff said.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #28940: Apr 19, 2017 05:04:20 pm
      Dont shoot the messenger .
      At least he is more experienced than Mignolet and Karius .
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,275 posts | 4937 
      Reply #28941: Apr 19, 2017 05:10:04 pm
      Dont shoot the messenger .
      At least he is more experienced than Mignolet and Karius .

Not much more experienced than Migs and definitely no better than either of our guys.

I hope we stay clear.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,340 posts | 6391 
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,275 posts | 4937 
      Reply #28943: Apr 19, 2017 05:23:40 pm
      So not really the 200m spending spree that was touted. With outgoings we may even be able to do a net profit!!!!!

I'd be amazed if we spend that £200M

Be closer to £100M I'd guess.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,441 posts | 3422 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #28944: Apr 19, 2017 05:25:17 pm
      If you forget that hart was England number one and scouted on this season we wouldn't touch him with a bargepole
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #28945: Apr 19, 2017 05:50:36 pm
      If you forget that hart was England number one and scouted on this season we wouldn't touch him with a bargepole

He's made the most errors that have led to a goal in Serie A BAR one other player. How sh*t must that player be?
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #28946: Apr 19, 2017 05:55:00 pm
      The media big up Hart because he's English.

He's no better than the 'keepers we have, and might even be worse.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #28947: Apr 19, 2017 06:10:18 pm
      I'd be amazed if we spend that £200M

Be closer to £100M I'd guess.

How much do you think it will be net spend mate?

Certainly been some talking down of our targets in recent times. No keeper, Sessegnon as LB, no striker and just 1 midfielder. Sounds like we might be after someone like Messi if we keep our costs down that much :lmao:

In all seriousness though it does look like the message has been put out that we're no longer spending silly money, whether that is to make our negotiating position a little stronger rather than "we know you're spending massively so give us more" being the standard response I'm not so sure. Certainly think the strengthening of our stance with Sturridge is just posturing, otherwise we'll look too desperate to offload imo.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,275 posts | 4937 
      Reply #28948: Apr 19, 2017 07:43:40 pm
      How much do you think it will be net spend mate?

Certainly been some talking down of our targets in recent times. No keeper, Sessegnon as LB, no striker and just 1 midfielder. Sounds like we might be after someone like Messi if we keep our costs down that much :lmao:

In all seriousness though it does look like the message has been put out that we're no longer spending silly money, whether that is to make our negotiating position a little stronger rather than "we know you're spending massively so give us more" being the standard response I'm not so sure. Certainly think the strengthening of our stance with Sturridge is just posturing, otherwise we'll look too desperate to offload imo.

I suspect the net spend will end up pretty low Luke given they Danny is likely to leave along with Sakho and both will command decent fees.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #28949: Apr 19, 2017 09:20:07 pm
      I think net spend will be around the 30m mark. We will recoup about 70m from the sale of Lucas, Sturridge, Sakho, Moreno and Markovic.

I can then see us spending about 100m to get VVD, Keita, Brandt and a striker.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #28950: Apr 19, 2017 09:45:09 pm
      I think net spend will be around the 30m mark. We will recoup about 70m from the sale of Lucas, Sturridge, Sakho, Moreno and Markovic.

I can then see us spending about 100m to get VVD, Keita, Brandt and a striker.

I think that 100m will be closer to the 120m mark depending on the level of striker you want, then throw in the price for a left back and you're looking at a net spend of about 60m.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #28951: Apr 19, 2017 10:25:20 pm
      I'll be f**king fuming if we sign Hart he's no better than Mignolet.

He's the perfect example of an overrated player that gets away with murder because he is English.

Na.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,350 posts | 1533 
      Reply #28952: Apr 19, 2017 10:42:17 pm
      Yes indeed. The last bits of the article also stated that- Ironically Hart made another costly error yesterday in Torino's 1-1 draw with lowly Crotone. Torino had dominated the match but Hart misjudged a cross to the back post to allow Crotone substitute Simeon Nwankwo to equalise.

So he wants us to sign a keeper who is also prone to mistakes like this, and according to him he has champions league experience too. Bet he didn't see Claudio Bravo who also has this "Champions League experience".

Don't forget the two goals against England in the Euros. 1 v Ireland, 1 v Iceland
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,125 posts | 453 
      Reply #28953: Apr 19, 2017 10:43:53 pm
      I wouldn't be disappointed if we matched the impact of last season's signings.   3 good solid signings and with Grujic we don't know yet or at least I don't.  I would be very happy if we can bring in 4 top quality players.  Whether that cost us 70m, 100m or 200m it doesn't really bother me at this stage.  As long as we spend within our means and not burden other transfer windows.  It seems we are in credit but if the right players can have a similar impact on the cheap brilliant.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #28954: Apr 20, 2017 12:42:48 am
      I wouldn't be disappointed if we matched the impact of last season's signings.   3 good solid signings and with Grujic we don't know yet or at least I don't.  I would be very happy if we can bring in 4 top quality players.  Whether that cost us 70m, 100m or 200m it doesn't really bother me at this stage.  As long as we spend within our means and not burden other transfer windows.  It seems we are in credit but if the right players can have a similar impact on the cheap brilliant.

We need five of the highest quality first eleven players bringing in - Goalkeeper, Left Back, Two Center Backs and a Striker - and a similar number of players that can provide adequate back up. If you consider that one of the things that's cost us this season is the lack of depth, then that's an area we need to address, but there is no point bringing in half decent back up if we end up playing half decent in too many games because our quality is on the treatment table.

We're probably looking at Sturridge leaving in the Summer, so that leaves us a Striker short, and as much as I like Firmino, and recognise his importance to the team, he simply doesn't score enough goals so Klopp needs to find a way to fit him in the team alongside a natural finisher. The easiest way to do that is have Lallana, Coutinho, Henderson and Wijnaldum battle it out for a midfield place. Whoever loses his place provides high quality back up. People keep pointing to the fact that we have scored the most goals this season of any team in the league, yet split the season into two halves. In the first half of the season we scored 46 goals (up to Dec 31st). So far since January 1st, we've scored only 23 goals which is a considerable drop off and means we'd have to score 23 goals in our final six games in order to balance out. Not very likely is it? We need a proven finisher.

You also need to consider that both Matip and Lovren have proven to be injury prone. Our inability to rely on them has cost us more than once this season, specifically because we've had to rely on a hit and miss back up. Having less games to play allows the club to mitigate against them getting injured so playing them in the cups provides us with quality across the entire season, whilst reducing the number of games each player has to play, thus reducing the risk of injury. The rest is self explanatory.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #28955: Apr 20, 2017 12:50:32 am
      We need five of the highest quality first eleven players bringing in - Goalkeeper, Left Back, Two Center Backs and a Striker - and a similar number of players that can provide adequate back up.

You think we need 10 players adding to this squad to make us title winners?

There is a point where so much change is disruptive and I think 10 players is nuts when we have an excellent team spirit and morale in the squad, only 10 points or so off from winning the league this year, that amount of change I think would be too much.

Personally I think LB would be good, 1 Midfielder and 1 CB then improve the bench options from there. Considering bringing in those 3 already pushes Milner to the bench, one of either Lovren or Klavan to the bench and also possibly Gini then we're already looking far better.

I'd like a goalkeeper too but the vibes don't seem to strong right now, but beyond that I don't think we need huge amounts, just the right players. Finally if Sturridge is to leave, which seems almost certain then moving for either a starter to change to a 4231 or pure quality off the bench should push us very close. For instance:

Firmino
         Coutinho         Mane
                 Keita  Lallana
                       Can
      Guerreiro VVD Matip TAA
                  (Your choice)

Bench: GK, Milner, Clyne, Lovren, Wijnaldum, Origi, (Top quality attacker of your choice)

That's 5 changes, to me that has us looking like title winners, perhaps a winger too but then we really are looking fully stocked to me.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #28956: Apr 20, 2017 01:29:28 am
      You think we need 10 players adding to this squad to make us title winners?

There is a point where so much change is disruptive and I think 10 players is nuts when we have an excellent team spirit and morale in the squad, only 10 points or so off from winning the league this year, that amount of change I think would be too much.

Personally I think LB would be good, 1 Midfielder and 1 CB then improve the bench options from there. Considering bringing in those 3 already pushes Milner to the bench, one of either Lovren or Klavan to the bench and also possibly Gini then we're already looking far better.

I'd like a goalkeeper too but the vibes don't seem to strong right now, but beyond that I don't think we need huge amounts, just the right players. Finally if Sturridge is to leave, which seems almost certain then moving for either a starter to change to a 4231 or pure quality off the bench should push us very close. For instance:

Firmino
         Coutinho         Mane
                 Keita  Lallana
                       Can
      Guerreiro VVD Matip TAA
                  (Your choice)

Bench: GK, Milner, Clyne, Lovren, Wijnaldum, Origi, (Top quality attacker of your choice)

That's 5 changes, to me that has us looking like title winners, perhaps a winger too but then we really are looking fully stocked to me.

I don't get Guerreiro's current situation. He's played 28 games this season but only 5 at LB. He's played LB, LM, CM, AM & DM :D. One thing is for sure, I don't want Milner as the starting left back going into next season but I have a feeling he will be if the rumours about going after Sessegnon turn out to be true.

A Mane clone is a must this summer just so that we can give him a rest from time to time. I like that starting team even if Wijnaldum has to drop to the bench :( :D.

Quick Reply