Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 2nd of June and on this date LFC's match record is P4 W3 D0 L1

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4286860 times
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,316 posts | 1672 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #31211: Jul 25, 2017 01:13:52 pm
      At this point in the transfer window I fail to see how any for the players we have sign has given us anything more that flexibility in who and where we play our squad players... Yes you can argue that Salah has scored goals for Roma, has pace etc, but where do you play him...? on the right then where do yo play...?Then where do you play Mane...? the Left.... Means you have to move Coutinho to midfield, hold on where do you put Lallana?, and what about Grujic,Can,Milner and Henderson, My guess is a fit again Henderson starts, but you know what I mean... For me the £35m for Salah would have been better spent on a striker (Javier Hernandez £16m) Just fail to see how this windows transfer thus far have solved problem area than created more problems... Can't see Luke being happy if it means less game time for Firmino  :roll: ...
      Then again I maybe looking at this the wrong way, and Salah playing on the left and Coutinho dropped to midfield is not a problem because maybe FSG are waiting for Barca to bid some where north of £85m and they will sell  :o

Salah is a replacement for Coutinho this offer for him as been in the offing for a long time  :f_wah:
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,243 posts | 1112 
      Reply #31212: Jul 25, 2017 01:39:48 pm
      At this point in the transfer window I fail to see how any for the players we have sign has given us anything more that flexibility in who and where we play our squad players... Yes you can argue that Salah has scored goals for Roma, has pace etc, but where do you play him...? on the right then where do yo play...?Then where do you play Mane...? the Left.... Means you have to move Coutinho to midfield, hold on where do you put Lallana?, and what about Grujic,Can,Milner and Henderson, My guess is a fit again Henderson starts, but you know what I mean... For me the £35m for Salah would have been better spent on a striker (Javier Hernandez £16m) Just fail to see how this windows transfer thus far have solved problem area than created more problems... Can't see Luke being happy if it means less game time for Firmino  :roll: ...
      Then again I maybe looking at this the wrong way, and Salah playing on the left and Coutinho dropped to midfield is not a problem because maybe FSG are waiting for Barca to bid some where north of £85m and they will sell  :o

The only way we don't improve is if we sell Phillip. If he stays the problems we have created are great ones. I love having to many MF. I love having all that speed on the pitch. There is a lot of football to be played this year, and i'll take all the depth we can get. The lack of depth it really bit us in the butt last January. With the signings we have already made we are a better club, but if we sell Phillip we will actually be worse for the ware. Phillip at midfield is better in that IMO it gives him MORE of chance to shoot from deep (best in the EPL IMO) while still attacking the 18 yard box and creating for others with the pass. He strengths make Salah better too. If he leaves we lose A LOT. If we keep him and sign the big targets who knows how good we could be?
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #31213: Jul 25, 2017 02:16:07 pm
      The only way we don't improve is if we sell Phillip. If he stays the problems we have created are great ones. I love having to many MF. I love having all that speed on the pitch. There is a lot of football to be played this year, and i'll take all the depth we can get. The lack of depth it really bit us in the butt last January. With the signings we have already made we are a better club, but if we sell Phillip we will actually be worse for the ware. Phillip at midfield is better in that IMO it gives him MORE of chance to shoot from deep (best in the EPL IMO) while still attacking the 18 yard box and creating for others with the pass. He strengths make Salah better too. If he leaves we lose A LOT. If we keep him and sign the big targets who knows how good we could be?
      Some of our better games last season was played with Coutinho,Firmino,Mane with Lallana behind them, if we were to put Salah up front and drop Coutinho behind them who do we lose from midfield...? we will being the position again for not only working out who our best starting 11 is, but in what position on the pitch... Here is were Klopp will really have to earn his money
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #31214: Jul 25, 2017 02:24:09 pm
      Salah is a replacement for Coutinho this offer for him as been in the offing for a long time  :f_wah:
      rossy, not saying that he is a replacement was merely say should Coutinho leave that I could understand the Salah transfer, at the moment I feel it just posses more problems than it solves... For the moment forget Sturridge and Origi.... look at our starting line up, were ever you place Salah it detracts from elsewhere on the field, it is going to be a hard juggle and i hope it is learnt quickly, and we do not lose/draw too many games before it is learnt 
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,043 posts | 3967 
      Reply #31215: Jul 25, 2017 03:13:53 pm

As previously posted, if the lad goes we are back to a position relatively worse than square one.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #31216: Jul 25, 2017 03:35:55 pm
      Didnt know where to post this .

It was a transfer .

Mods please move if you want to ........

For Lucas  ...

https://youtu.be/P64raCI51Sc

billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,984 posts | 5042 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #31217: Jul 25, 2017 05:16:16 pm
      Absolutely f***in fantastic that, just shows how close the players are at our club, well done all .

Nice one Skip

YNWA
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Reply #31218: Jul 25, 2017 09:24:02 pm
      Press conference tonight by both PSG and Barca.

Rumours are Veratti + Cash for Neymar.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,430 posts | 6422 
      Reply #31219: Jul 25, 2017 09:40:40 pm
      Sky sports news just....

"Mbappe is about to do something no player has ever done, become the first plus £100m player with real Madrid offering £165m for his services"

"Monaco have told us this isn't true"

F**k me.

They'll have to sell Bale to fund this, anyone fancy a bid for him?
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #31220: Jul 25, 2017 09:50:09 pm
      Press conference tonight by both PSG and Barca.

Rumours are Veratti + Cash for Neymar.

Good deal that. Think Neymar is over rated personally. Never looks the level of Messi and Suarez. Apparently he lost the ball something like 50 times against Juve the other day!
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #31221: Jul 25, 2017 09:56:08 pm
      IS IT TIME TO PANIC YET?

:f_bluelight: :f_bluelight: :f_bluelight: :f_bluelight: :f_bluelight:
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #31222: Jul 25, 2017 10:06:53 pm
      Good deal that. Think Neymar is over rated personally. Never looks the level of Messi and Suarez. Apparently he lost the ball something like 50 times against Juve the other day!

If I were a Barca fan, I would be gutted at losing Neymar, but they haven't replaced Xavi and I think Verratti will. I would also want Coutinho as Iniesta just isn't the same player he was a few years ago. And then I would want to re-sign Sanchez to replace Neymar. Just saying!!!!
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #31223: Jul 25, 2017 10:14:13 pm
      Que meltdown if Coutinho is sold a few months after signing a new deal
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #31224: Jul 25, 2017 10:17:39 pm
      If I were a Barca fan, I would be gutted at losing Neymar, but they haven't replaced Xavi and I think Verratti will. I would also want Coutinho as Iniesta just isn't the same player he was a few years ago. And then I would want to re-sign Sanchez to replace Neymar. Just saying!!!!

Why would Sanchez go back there though? He fell out with Messi and Messi is still the guy they build the team around so I'm not sure how much sense that makes for Sanchez.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #31225: Jul 25, 2017 10:47:20 pm

The plot thickens...It,s being reported than Messi wants Paulo Dybal to replace Neymar should he leave Barca, and that Neymar is telling PSG that if he signs for them that he wants Coutinho there with him
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,488 posts | 8675 
      Reply #31226: Jul 26, 2017 02:09:33 am
      Que meltdown if Coutinho is sold a few months after signing a new deal

And why do you think he was offered that deal?

So when we do sell (probably next season) we get top F***ing dollar for him.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #31227: Jul 26, 2017 04:54:15 am

Not for me.

If we can show that much improvement from 2015-16 to 2016-17 after a window where we signed a free CB, a utility attacking midfielder from a relegated side and an inconsistent winger then I think we're looking good to go a step further this season when we add a bit more to that squad.

We'll be a year further in our development as a collective and the players will be a level above what they were last year. Add Salah and Robertson as pieces we were missing last year and all of a sudden we have much more balance and threat.

Quietly confident. Would like another CB, though.
      green_bear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,042 posts | 289 
      Reply #31228: Jul 26, 2017 06:24:39 am
      Not for me.

If we can show that much improvement from 2015-16 to 2016-17 after a window where we signed a free CB, a utility attacking midfielder from a relegated side and an inconsistent winger then I think we're looking good to go a step further this season when we add a bit more to that squad.

We'll be a year further in our development as a collective and the players will be a level above what they were last year. Add Salah and Robertson as pieces we were missing last year and all of a sudden we have much more balance and threat.

Quietly confident. Would like another CB, though.

We also did not have european football last season and were out of all cup competitions for the second half of the season though. Yet for most of the games in that second half, our bench consisted of the likes of Moreno, Klavan, and Woodburn. I hardly remember a single game where I felt like we had someone on the bench who could come in and change the game for us. Well, I guess that away Stoke game was the sole exception, but only because we had to take a gamble and field a weak team in the first half.

So no, I am not at all comfortable about us going into the next season with only 3 new players, two of which are "potential" types. And I am quite very certain that if you asked people on here at the beginning of the summer whether they'd be content with us only signing Salah, Solanke, and Robertson, the majority would have said no.

I'm still willing to wait it out till the end of the transfer season to make a judgement, but as it stands, it is highly underwhelming. Sure, with the current squad we might be able to blow teams away for the first 10 games or so (optimistically). But what would happen if the likes of Mane and Coutinho got injured? How are we going to cope with the crazy January schedule?
      « Last Edit: Jul 26, 2017 06:30:15 am by green_bear »
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #31229: Jul 26, 2017 07:07:54 am
      We also did not have european football last season and were out of all cup competitions for the second half of the season though. Yet for most of the games in that second half, our bench consisted of the likes of Moreno, Klavan, and Woodburn. I hardly remember a single game where I felt like we had someone on the bench who could come in and change the game for us. Well, I guess that away Stoke game was the sole exception, but only because we had to take a gamble and field a weak team in the first half.

So no, I am not at all comfortable about us going into the next season with only 3 new players, two of which are "potential" types. And I am quite very certain that if you asked people on here at the beginning of the summer whether they'd be content with us only signing Salah, Solanke, and Robertson, the majority would have said no.

I'm still willing to wait it out till the end of the transfer season to make a judgement, but as it stands, it is highly underwhelming. Sure, with the current squad we might be able to blow teams away for the first 10 games or so (optimistically). But what would happen if the likes of Mane and Coutinho got injured? How are we going to cope with the crazy January schedule?

Well said.

With all due respect our bench last season looked like something out of kindergarten.

Just in case of another disappointing window some are scraping for positives on anything they can  - it doesn't wash, they're only fooling themselves.
      « Last Edit: Jul 26, 2017 07:12:35 am by Beerbelly »
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #31230: Jul 26, 2017 07:16:44 am

We've sold Lucas and Stewart and gained Salah, Solanke and Robertson plus we've promoted TAA and look to have a fully fit Henderson and Sturridge back. The squad is looking good, minus a defensive reinforcement. That's just my view.

I was pessimistic last season given our signings but Jürgen stayed true to his word and used the training pitch. As a result the players stood up and got the results for 2/3 of the season.

If we can land another player or two then lovely but I actually have faith in what we have.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #31231: Jul 26, 2017 07:23:07 am
      Well said.

With all due respect our bench last season looked like something out of kindergarten.

Just in case of another disappointing window some are scraping for positives on anything they can  - it doesn't wash, they're only fooling themselves.

Still waiting for that file of bullshit you claim to have that contains all my posts...

Believe it or not but when the coach says he'll use the training pitch to improve the side some will believe in that method. Especially when he did so with Milner, Gini, Lallana and Firmino to give them new roles and get us in to the top four and have us looking like a title-winning side for 6 months. He also transformed Henderson and Lucas for when they were on the pitch.

I can flip your argument on you and say you're getting in your complaints now to point the finger when we finish 6th and say "I told you so".

You want more transfers. Good for you. I'm content, though.
      daveyd
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,670 posts | 35 
      • Jürgen Klopp to take us back to the top
      Reply #31232: Jul 26, 2017 07:36:20 am
      What is people's buzz about sixth place on here? We shouldn't even consider mentioning 2nd place. First or fcuked.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #31233: Jul 26, 2017 08:26:14 am
      What is people's buzz about sixth place on here? We shouldn't even consider mentioning 2nd place. First or fcuked.

Seems it's the height of certain expectations now, with a tip top squad that doesn't need improving!

Quick Reply