Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 22nd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P7 W3 D1 L3

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4261272 times
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #33442: Jan 07, 2018 05:28:48 pm
      And why not? It’s enevitable, if he keeps up how form and gets offered a chance to win trophies he’s going to take it, and those money grabbing owners of ours will be sure to accept a good offer.

money grabbing owners, please expand on this and tell us how you reach that conclusion?
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,506 posts | 3457 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #33443: Jan 07, 2018 05:29:23 pm
      Plenty, every single one of them
      Chelsea sold Matic just recently, to Manure, and lets not forget about Costa
      Arsenal sold us Oxlaide Camberlain and are soon to lose both Sanchez and Ozil.
      Spurs sold Bale to Real Madrid and more recently one of their main defenders to Citeh and watch this space on Dele Ali.
      Utd might be the one exception but then they have been massively rebuilding their squad over the last few years

De gea would have gone barring a administrative cock up
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,228 posts | 846 
      Reply #33444: Jan 07, 2018 05:32:06 pm
      Spurs sold Bale to Real Madrid and more recently one of their main defenders to Citeh and watch this space on Dele Ali.
      Utd might be the one exception but then they have been massively rebuilding their squad over the last few years

Not to mention Real Madrid will get Eden Hazard this summer as Eden is refusing to sign a new deal.

Liverpool1990
      • Forum John Aldridge

• 106 posts | 19 
      Reply #33445: Jan 07, 2018 05:32:48 pm
      money grabbing owners, please expand on this and tell us how you reach that conclusion?

Every player that has received interest of high bids has gone, they literally cannot wait to sell one of our best players, the money then goes back in the team to hopefully find another cheap talent. Rinse and repeat. A low net spend and FSG never have to spend money.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #33446: Jan 07, 2018 05:36:29 pm
      Every player that has received interest of high bids has gone, they literally cannot wait to sell one of our best players, the money then goes back in the team to hopefully find another cheap talent. Rinse and repeat. A low net spend and FSG never have to spend money.

If true then why didn't they sell Couts in the summer?

BTW which main player did we sell last summer, how about the summer before?
      Liverpool1990
      • Forum John Aldridge

• 106 posts | 19 
      Reply #33447: Jan 07, 2018 05:41:21 pm

That’s not loads though is it, Sanchez and Ozil are still at arsenal.

So you’re examples were matic and bale which is 2 out of 5 clubs compared to our 6
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,221 posts | 1109 
      Reply #33448: Jan 07, 2018 06:05:26 pm
      And why not? It’s enevitable, if he keeps up how form and gets offered a chance to win trophies he’s going to take it, and those money grabbing owners of ours will be sure to accept a good offer.

Can we sell you? I'll give another group of supporters 100 bucks to take you right now.
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #33449: Jan 07, 2018 06:05:55 pm

I actually agree with a lot of what you say but you also come across as a wind up poster as well in certain comments.

Enjoy your debating with Heimy just don't mention the players as blokes, fellas or whatever else refer to them by their given full name or he will lose it.

Also prepare for loads of stats and enjoy I shall keep a close eye!
      Liverpool1990
      • Forum John Aldridge

• 106 posts | 19 
      Reply #33450: Jan 07, 2018 06:09:29 pm
      I actually agree with a lot of what you say but you also come across as a wind up poster as well in certain comments.

Enjoy your debating with Heimy just don't mention the players as blokes, fellas or whatever else refer to them by their given full name or he will lose it.

Also prepare for loads of stats and enjoy I shall keep a close eye!

I’m not trying to wind anyone up, I’m just a fan who’s not happy with this club and it’s owners.

I don’t see the point in just pretending to be happy with losing your best players and watching other clubs win trophies while we sit back and fight for 4th every couple of years, that’s not Liverpool, and if it is then fans need to accept that, because they won’t accept that we are aren’t a big club but they also cannot accept anyone slating the club for looking small time, it’s a bit ironic.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,221 posts | 1109 
      Reply #33451: Jan 07, 2018 06:19:18 pm
      I’m not trying to wind anyone up, I’m just a fan who’s not happy with this club and it’s owners.

I don’t see the point in just pretending to be happy with losing your best players and watching other clubs win trophies while we sit back and fight for 4th every couple of years, that’s not Liverpool, and if it is then fans need to accept that, because they won’t accept that we are aren’t a big club but they also cannot accept anyone slating the club for looking small time, it’s a bit ironic.

Why not give it some time and let more play out before you get upset and spew nothing but negativity on here? FSG are behind Klopp from what it seems. They spent big money on a great defender, brought in Ox before the deadline, and made the best possible deal for Keita that they could. How about giving Klopp and LFC a few weeks to go after "their" players? Klopp hasn't wiffed on any of these new boys. Robbo looks to be in amazing form, Salah is world class, etc. Lets see what the mad hatter does before we get all pissy. I understand being upset, but keeping a player who doesn't want to be here could really sour the squad. If we get Marhez or Lemar and a new keeper or holding MF than the move might look okay in hindsight. Trust in the process, its starting to work.
      Liverpool1990
      • Forum John Aldridge

• 106 posts | 19 
      Reply #33452: Jan 07, 2018 06:23:30 pm
      Why not give it some time and let more play out before you get upset and spew nothing but negativity on here? FSG are behind Klopp from what it seems. They spent big money on a great defender, brought in Ox before the deadline, and made the best possible deal for Keita that they could. How about giving Klopp and LFC a few weeks to go after "their" players? Klopp hasn't wiffed on any of these new boys. Robbo looks to be in amazing form, Salah is world class, etc. Lets see what the mad hatter does before we get all pissy. I understand being upset, but keeping a player who doesn't want to be here could really sour the squad. If we get Marhez or Lemar and a new keeper or holding MF than the move might look okay in hindsight. Trust in the process, its starting to work.

I get what you’re saying and I am behind klopp and if anyone can get this team into the top 4 it’s him, but there just has to be a time when you have to say enough is enough, why do you think these players become unhappy and want to leave? Because the ambition isn’t there, the investment isn’t there, the squad has essentially paid for itself since FSG arrived, a net spend of £14 million per transfer window under them.

You can give it time but one trophy in 8 years is enough time, do we have to just say nothing and wait another 10-20 years without the title before we finally say hang on we deserve more then this.

I just think whenever we seem to be going forward something like this happens and knocks us back.
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,193 posts | 165 
      Reply #33453: Jan 07, 2018 06:42:32 pm
      There are so many good deals available - Lucas at PSG who need to move otherwise he won't play the WC.
      Mahrez for a good price would be a good singning.
      Goretzka seems to be a possibility.

Pastore at PSG too seems to want to leave...

Make something happen Klopp.

I refuse to be pessimistic, the club is in good hands.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,421 posts | 6419 
      Reply #33454: Jan 07, 2018 06:45:33 pm
      Bascombe and Joyce both saying we are going to try and get Keita now.

Grasping at straws we are. Great plan.
      Liverpool1990
      • Forum John Aldridge

• 106 posts | 19 
      Reply #33455: Jan 07, 2018 06:48:34 pm
      Bascombe and Joyce both saying we are going to try and get Keita now.

Grasping at straws we are. Great plan.

Seems to be an act of desperation, or this has been leaked to make it look like we are trying to bring someone in. Be prepared for the February 1st report by klopp that he is happy with the squad and is confident they’ll make top 4
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,421 posts | 6419 
      Reply #33456: Jan 07, 2018 06:50:18 pm
      Seems to be an act of desperation, or this has been leaked to make it look like we are trying to bring someone in. Be prepared for the February 1st report by klopp that he is happy with the squad and is confident they’ll make top 4

Maybe early to knee jerk but unfortunately that has crossed my mind already.
      TeslaPhysics
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 985 posts | 32 
      Reply #33457: Jan 07, 2018 06:50:58 pm
      Trying to think positively if we don't buy a replacement. Hopefully with Coutinho gone, other players we already have will play better to take his place in the starting XI. It does give an opportunity. And hopefully we won't ship as many goals with Virgil here now.
      Liverpool1990
      • Forum John Aldridge

• 106 posts | 19 
      Reply #33458: Jan 07, 2018 06:53:18 pm
      Trying to think positively if we don't buy a replacement. Hopefully with Coutinho gone, other players we already have will play better to take his place in the starting XI. It does give an opportunity. And hopefully we won't ship as many goals with Virgil here now.

To be honest I thought defensively we’d been doing well in recent weeks. Obviously VVD will improve us but our midfield is seriously worrying to look at. So weak until keita and and another midfielder come in, we need a magician in midfield to link the play up.
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #33459: Jan 07, 2018 07:02:51 pm
      I get what you’re saying and I am behind klopp and if anyone can get this team into the top 4 it’s him, but there just has to be a time when you have to say enough is enough, why do you think these players become unhappy and want to leave? Because the ambition isn’t there, the investment isn’t there, the squad has essentially paid for itself since FSG arrived, a net spend of £14 million per transfer window under them.

You can give it time but one trophy in 8 years is enough time, do we have to just say nothing and wait another 10-20 years without the title before we finally say hang on we deserve more then this.

I just think whenever we seem to be going forward something like this happens and knocks us back.

This is exactly how I feel mate and how I see things.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,421 posts | 6419 
      Reply #33460: Jan 07, 2018 07:04:49 pm
      The Keita rumors are funny....why would a team fighting for Champions League and other honors entertain getting rid of their best player?
      Liverpool1990
      • Forum John Aldridge

• 106 posts | 19 
      Reply #33461: Jan 07, 2018 07:08:54 pm
      This is exactly how I feel mate and how I see things.

Yet we are not allowed to feel as though we deserve better
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,796 posts | 892 
      Reply #33462: Jan 07, 2018 07:11:47 pm
      The Keita Coutinho rumors are funny....why would a team fighting for Champions League glory and other honors entertain getting rid of their best player?

;D
      Liverpool1990
      • Forum John Aldridge

• 106 posts | 19 
      Reply #33463: Jan 07, 2018 07:15:00 pm
      Stories of us trying to sign keita earlier, why would this not have been looked at prior to coutinho leaving?
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,221 posts | 1109 
      Reply #33464: Jan 07, 2018 07:15:05 pm

You are right, but only to a point. This form the orginzation has been since FSG took is unacceptable. However, they seem to have bought into Klopp and his ideas. They are suporting his braintrust and have given him the green light to spend. Spending big money on Ox and VVD shows that they trust his judgement on player personelle. Just this year he has hit it big on signing Salah (HUGE), Robbo, Ox, and now VVD. All 4 players will improve the squad and contribute going forward. Dont forget Kieta coming in also shows that FSG are even allowing LFC to think outside the box in order to get deals over the line and to improve the squad. The days of panic buys like Andy Carrol are gone and there is a new sheriff in town. So I ask you, why dont you trust Klopp with a ton of money in hand?

Quick Reply