Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P5 W1 D3 L1

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4275938 times
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,238 posts | 1111 
      Re: General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #44114: Feb 06, 2021 11:33:02 pm
      He's not making light of it, he's suggesting you take your condition more seriously in the hope that you will find the help you need to recover.

It's extremely odd to me when dudes read something they don't agree with and then feel the need to lash out at someone rather than discuss their differences. Even weirder when both are supporters for the same club. I deal with people who have mental illness on the regular, so I understand that it's a real thing that plagues society. I don't know you so I won't insult your intelligence or assume things about you, but reading up on the world's issues may do you well.....

Anyways, the idea that some on here think that Mane is untouchable is interesting. He has been hot and cold most of the season and he's getting close to 30. Why is it wrong to sell if you get an offer you can't pass up and use that money to put some younger class into the team? Especially one as good as Grealish.
      Isaac!
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,572 posts | 325 
      Reply #44115: Feb 06, 2021 11:42:31 pm
      Can't you see that I'm being facetious?

Mane is an exceptional talent who should never be sold unless he wants to leave. There's so much reflexive opinion around sports which makes it ridiculous, you're a God one season and the dregs the next. What bollox.

First objection: Grealish is all wrong for our style.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,362 posts | 2877 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #44116: Feb 06, 2021 11:46:36 pm
      It's extremely odd to me when dudes read something they don't agree with and then feel the need to lash out at someone rather than discuss their differences.

Dont take it as lashing out or as an insult to you or people who have genuine mental heslth issues.

Where Im from and where Huyton is from its a common saying, no different to saying are you for real or are you serious. It just is a way of saying do you believe what you are saying.  Its not meant in an offensive way and shouldntbe taken that way. But unfortnately we live in a world now where every thing that leaves someones mouth is scrutinised and studied
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #44117: Feb 06, 2021 11:59:05 pm
      He can play anywhere on the pitch. Best English player in the world atm for my money.

Mane has been amazing talent for us, but he isn't getting any younger, and we could still get a pretty penny for him. Grealish is still rising to his peak, whereas Mane is on his way down from his. Sell and buy. Jota can either play on the left and let Salah move in the middle, or play the middle himself

Having a laugh aren’t you?! Grealish is a big fish in a small pond he’s the next English flavor of the month a bit like Barkley and Dele Ali were.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,238 posts | 1111 
      Reply #44118: Feb 07, 2021 12:54:10 am
      Can't you see that I'm being facetious?

Mane is an exceptional talent who should never be sold unless he wants to leave. There's so much reflexive opinion around sports which makes it ridiculous, you're a God one season and the dregs the next. What bollox.

First objection: Grealish is all wrong for our style.

My bad for taking it wrong then boss.

As far as Mane goes, I truly think he has been a wonderful servant for us. He's been world class for a number of years. All I'm saying is he's getting older and we have out a lot of miles on that dude. Is it better to sell a year to early rather than a year too late? We truly can't keep the front 3 together forever, just because they have achieved so much, can we? Especially when the signs are there that it's time for a change. I imagine when healthy Jota will push one out. Even though we were so good in the 70s and 80s we still made tough business decisions and brought in competition or sold players who were core to our team.

Also, you really don't think Grealish fits in with us? I think his work rate, willingness to press, finishing/ crossing, and athleticism would fit us perfect. Just my opinion
      Isaac!
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,572 posts | 325 
      Reply #44119: Feb 07, 2021 07:47:51 am
      All good mate!

Grealish looks very talented but he dwells too long on the ball for me. Souness has highlighted this many times and has offered it as a reason why he is fouled so often. At our best under Klopp we are a one touch BOOM team.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,484 posts | 8671 
      Reply #44120: Feb 07, 2021 01:08:49 pm

F**k off you gobs***e!
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,238 posts | 1111 
      Reply #44121: Feb 07, 2021 02:25:01 pm
      All good mate!

Grealish looks very talented but he dwells too long on the ball for me. Souness has highlighted this many times and has offered it as a reason why he is fouled so often. At our best under Klopp we are a one touch BOOM team.

I definitely agree on that. But don't you feel that Mane does this too?
      cocker the red
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 129 posts | 10 
      Reply #44122: Feb 07, 2021 02:45:51 pm
      I think a 4-2-3-1 formation for next season with a centre forward/ poacher with Bobby deeper or rotating in the team as he gets older
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,426 posts | 6420 
      Reply #44123: Feb 07, 2021 03:14:44 pm
      Having a laugh aren’t you?! Grealish is a big fish in a small pond he’s the next English flavor of the month a bit like Barkley and Dele Ali were.

Virgil was a big fish in a little pond. Worked out ok for him.

Grealish is a very good player. I originally felt he was over rated but as I watched him more I believe he’s the real deal. Different player than Mane and wouldn’t replace Mane with him, would love to see them play together.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,344 posts | 4966 
      Reply #44124: Feb 07, 2021 03:18:02 pm
      Virgil was a big fish in a little pond. Worked out ok for him.

Grealish is a very good player. I originally felt he was over rated but as I watched him more I believe he’s the real deal. Different player than Mane and wouldn’t replace Mane with him, would love to see them play together.

Agree.

I too thought he was over rated which happens all the time with English players but he's a real talent.

Could play as an 8 for us or further forward where Mane plays as well.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,362 posts | 2877 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #44125: Feb 07, 2021 03:18:31 pm
      Grealish is quality
      Isaac!
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,572 posts | 325 
      Reply #44126: Feb 07, 2021 03:21:26 pm
      I definitely agree on that. But don't you feel that Mane does this too?

Sometimes, but when Mane stops play in a one on one it's very dangerous. He can explode to the left or right any second and the defender cannot know which way he'll go. In my view there is not as much purpose in Grealishes pauses on the ball other than to show off his elegance.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,238 posts | 1111 
      Reply #44127: Feb 08, 2021 04:50:00 am
      Sometimes, but when Mane stops play in a one on one it's very dangerous. He can explode to the left or right any second and the defender cannot know which way he'll go. In my view there is not as much purpose in Grealishes pauses on the ball other than to show off his elegance.

I feel Mane just hasn't been as sharp on the ball this season as others. Grealish can skin a mother f**ker in a second. Im telling you mate, that's the dude I'd go all in on. He will be expensive, no doubt. However, like Bruno, he can do it all. And, his intensity is through roof. That kids the real deal. Ideal captian when Hendo leaves too.

Now if we could just find 100 mil :lmao:
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #44128: Feb 08, 2021 10:41:24 am
      I feel Mane just hasn't been as sharp on the ball this season as others. Grealish can skin a mother f**ker in a second. Im telling you mate, that's the dude I'd go all in on. He will be expensive, no doubt. However, like Bruno, he can do it all. And, his intensity is through roof. That kids the real deal. Ideal captian when Hendo leaves too.

Now if we could just find 100 mil :lmao:

Grealish is outstanding. Him along with Gundogan and Fernandes are the stand out players this season.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,261 posts | 2764 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #44129: Feb 08, 2021 11:06:36 am
      Grealish is outstanding. Him along with Gundogan and Fernandes are the stand out players this season.

What would he be like ( Grealish ) in the so call top 6 teams. This lad will improve any team in the Premier League.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #44130: Feb 08, 2021 11:29:30 am
      What would he be like ( Grealish ) in the so call top 6 teams. This lad will improve any team in the Premier League.

Jürgen would probably have him stop all that running into the box dribbling past defenders nonsense, instead stay way back receive the ball pass it forwards, get it passed straight back to you then pass it sideways there's a good boy!  ;-)

In all seriousness I agree he is a very good player but he does seem like a bit if a dickhead as well.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,243 posts | 851 
      Reply #44131: Feb 08, 2021 11:29:46 am
      Guys

I think this is all a smokescreen from FSG saying stuff like "We have no money because of covid" to go all out and spend a fortune on Mbappe in the summer.

you heard it here first

8)
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,038 posts | 2692 
      Reply #44132: Feb 08, 2021 07:56:13 pm
      I think spending that kind of money on a player would be a mistake. I also don't think galactico-types are a good fit in Jürgen's approach to building a winning team. There I said it.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #44133: Feb 08, 2021 08:00:58 pm
      Jürgen would probably have him stop all that running into the box dribbling past defenders nonsense, instead stay way back receive the ball pass it forwards, get it passed straight back to you then pass it sideways there's a good boy!  ;-)

In all seriousness I agree he is a very good player but he does seem like a bit if a dickhead as well.

Why does he seem a dickhead? He's a bit of a poser with the hair and low down socks. But that cockiness also makes him extremely confident. Not to mention he's a vocal leader and very unselfish. He's like Curtis Jones only better in every area.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #44134: Feb 08, 2021 08:04:04 pm

Yup except maybe City where there is so much competition for places but even there I think he's an improvement on their wingers.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,261 posts | 2764 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #44135: Feb 08, 2021 08:08:44 pm
      Yup except maybe City where there is so much competition for places but even there I think he's an improvement on their wingers.

Hopefully if your right it means other teams don't get in a bidding war with them as only the chavs could compete. Wouldn't surprise me if main target for City would be Haaland. If they get him think we're are fu**ed for 2022.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,885 posts | 6817 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #44136: Feb 08, 2021 10:57:38 pm
      Guys

I think this is all a smokescreen from FSG saying stuff like "We have no money because of covid" to go all out and spend a fortune on Mbappe in the summer.

you heard it here first

8)

second mate.

I've been saying it for months now!

It will happen!!!

Quick Reply