Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Predictions?

Man United win
      12 (8.3%)
      Liverpool win
      100 (69.4%)
      Draw
      32 (22.2%)

Total Members Voted: 141

Voting closed: Jan 13, 2013 01:03:59 pm

Man Utd vs Liverpool, Premier League KO:13:30. 13th January. Pre-Match Build-Up

Read 20921 times
      LFCBAFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,539 posts | 30 
      • Scousers rule the country!
      Re: Man Utd vs Liverpool, Premier League KO:13:30. 13th January. Pre-Match Build-Up
      Reply #253: Jan 12, 2013 05:53:04 pm
      Lets smash 4 again against these clown of a team
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,347 posts | 4967 
      Re: Man Utd vs Liverpool, Premier League KO:13:30. 13th January. Pre-Match Build-Up
      Reply #254: Jan 12, 2013 05:53:16 pm
      I'll add Kelly to the growing list.

Azbiliceuta is better as well in my opinion.

Raphael is way down my list of best full backs in this league.
      hobbes2702
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 569 posts | 34 
      Reply #255: Jan 12, 2013 05:56:37 pm
      Johnson, Zabaleta, Walker, Sagna, Azbiliceuta, Kelly, Micah Richards (although injured all year). All are easily better than Raphael.
      hobbes2702
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 569 posts | 34 
      Reply #256: Jan 12, 2013 05:58:22 pm
      To me he is more on par with Nathaniel Clyne. Has moments where he looks like he could be a good one but makes far too many mistakes.
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #257: Jan 12, 2013 08:12:11 pm
      I would love it if we murder these! Based on the fact that their defense has been dodge I would expect a few goals from us and IMO it just depends on how well our defense and Lucas play. Would like to see us go out and not show them too much respect! Top of the league YES, beatable DEFINITELY! Lets keep 11 men on the pitch and give that F**k Webb no chance to gift them an advantage!

Spurs, Bitters, Swansea and West Brom have all dropped points... Arsenal may do too... This would be an epic win and IMO opinion the ACTUAL foundation for a revolution to bring us back where we belong!

Come on you redmen... Just show some heart and bust a nut and the 3 points will follow!
      FAPL fan
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Reply #258: Jan 12, 2013 08:45:13 pm
      hello everyone. I am new here (i read this forum usually) but now i make registration, because I would like to join the discussions. But first i will introduce myself, and would like to be honest with everybody on this forum- I am from Bosnia and i am a big fan of English Premier league and English national team as well together with my national team. I support all english clubs when they play in Europe matches, no matter which team i  always support english clubs. But in english league liverpool is high on my list of favorites (my favorite English player of  all time is Steven Gerrad actually)...but since some bosnian players started to play in FAPL, i put their clubs on my priority (City because of Dzeko and Stoke because of Begovic).. hope this will not have some negative impact on this forum as i only have wish to discuss with these fans with out any bad words.  this topic is very interested for me, because it is the most important derby game, because i would like to Man UTD lost the points in order to City and Dzeko come closer to them, and also i would like to see Liverpool again on the place where they belong - on top of the league...
       so for now just to say, good luck in tomorow's match, hope you will win...

regards from Bosnia (there are a lot of Liverpool fans and other english clubs as well) and to add if you did not not, here in Bosnia the most popular football league is English Premiere league...

sorry for my bad English (gramar)  :)
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,605 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #259: Jan 12, 2013 09:26:22 pm
      The 2 Van Persie goals at Anfield last year, that imo really knocked us sideways in the league from that point on, still rankles. He's in super form this year, and the main reason why Utd are so far clear. Agree it's between him an Luis for player of the season so far. If Skyrtel and Agger and Reina can keep him quiet, we're well in there.

Suarez though is the man, can't even imagine going into these big games without him. If he's on his game as he was at QPR, he can get at the Utd defense. They'll be looking to keep him quiet.

Wonder if Sturridge will start. Probably not, not a time to be making changes like that. But least he's a threat that can come on. We haven't really had that.

Big test for the side now the next few games. REALLY looking forward to the match tomorrow. In theory the pitch at Old Toilet should suit our passing game. Utd also do tend to let teams play a bit. First goal important though I think (know that is trotted out a lot). But we haven't shown ourselves to be good at coming from behind this season. Big game for Lucas too, especially against Utd who break forward quick and in numbers.

And big test for Rodgers - tactics, selection, substitutions etc.  No fawning to alcho-nose pls.

Love these games, they don't come along often, CANNOT wait to get kicked off.  My main hope is that Luis has a good game, the guy is in TOP form and would love to see him knocking the sh*te out of Fungusons dickheads in from of their prawn sandwitch munching faithful.

CMON DE BOOYYYSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,498 posts | 2869 
      Reply #260: Jan 12, 2013 10:15:48 pm
      We just need a foothold in the game. Keep it tight at the back, and supply Suarez well. We've been guilty of not getting him involved enough in the big games IMO.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #261: Jan 12, 2013 10:37:19 pm
      Heart says we will win.... head says we won't. We certainly should be going there looking for the win because if we sit back we will pay the price.

I think we will score, just not sure if we will score more than they do!
      scouse_jatt
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 349 posts | 14 
      Reply #262: Jan 12, 2013 10:59:47 pm
      The most important thing we need to do tomorrow is keep RVP quiet. Yes they have quality players all round but most of their goals are from him and their build up play involves RVP massively. Mark his ass tightly, don't let him keep the ball, go in hard on the c**t....in fact go in fairly cause they've got 12 players (the ref). I'm sure they'll be approaching the same way with Suarez.

The midfield battle is really important aswell, Steven Gerrard needs to lead from the front again and I'm sure he will. We dominate the midfield battle, we'll attack their shitty shaky defence and score more goals than they will there's no doubt about that. Come on boys!
      StevieG123
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #263: Jan 12, 2013 11:06:42 pm
      I hope we really turn up and batter these cu*ts, we defo have a good enough team to.
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,941 posts | 285 
      Reply #264: Jan 13, 2013 12:12:31 am
      I'm so pumped for this already. I'd go for;

Pepe
      Wisdom   Skrtel    Agger   Johnson
                   Gerrard    Lucas
                        Henderson
      Suarez         Sturridge       Sterling

We need to press them high and stop the scholes/anderson/carrick passes pivoting across the pitch hence would go for Henderson as has the legs over Allen/Shelvey (on current form), and think that will be the key position in the game if we're to have any joy. Wisdom need to play the game of his life too. Leave the front three on the halfway line to counter hard and really worry the sh*t out of them.

There is no better feeling in football than outplaying and outwitting these dirty scumbags.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,484 posts | 8675 
      Reply #265: Jan 13, 2013 12:34:39 am
      I have a feeling something bad is gonna happen on Sunday, and won't be favourable towards us. Whether it's Suarez doing something of our fans doing something I don't know but I just have a feeling that something will happen. :-\

:D
      Mohammad Abdullah
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 478 posts | -7 
      Reply #266: Jan 13, 2013 01:10:12 am
      I reckon this is the time when we need to play 3 at the back, V Persie will find it harder to find space between the centrebacks. Thus said, the off-form Lucas could be dropped and the fullbacks will find it easier to mark their wingers where the threat really lies. My team would be:

Reina

Johnson
      Carragher
      Skrtel
      Agger
      Downing

Allen
      Henderson
      Gerrard

Suarez
      Sturridge

Hopefully 2-1 to us with them scoring the late consolation :D
      xBooniex
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,278 posts | 28 
      Re: Man Utd vs Liverpool, Premier League KO:13:30. 13th January. Pre-Match Build
      Reply #267: Jan 13, 2013 03:00:07 am
      Can't sleep :( excited, nervous & anxious all in one

Come on you red men make us proud and leave nothing to hindsight

Anyway back to watching Dossena scoring his goal
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #268: Jan 13, 2013 03:11:11 am
      Johnson, Zabaleta, Walker, Sagna, Azbiliceuta, Kelly, Micah Richards (although injured all year). All are easily better than Raphael.

This season it's laughable to suggest any of those, bar GJ are better. Any impartial fan will tell you as much.
      hobbes2702
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 569 posts | 34 
      Reply #269: Jan 13, 2013 05:23:19 am
      Johnson, Zabaleta, Azi? All have had pretty damn good seasons.
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,193 posts | 165 
      Reply #270: Jan 13, 2013 06:41:34 am
      This season it's laughable to suggest any of those, bar GJ are better. Any impartial fan will tell you as much.

It does not matter who is the best RB in the league, Suarez should play on the left for once and he is the only player I'm sure Rafael won't be able to handle(I don't want to see Suarez vs Evra on a wing)Let Sturridge play centrally and make his runs behind the defense.
      BKLFC
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 822 posts |
      Reply #271: Jan 13, 2013 06:59:21 am
      Lets all stick it up Fergie's ass.  Come On RedMen!!!!!  Pumped for this game.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #272: Jan 13, 2013 07:44:37 am
      Lets all stick it up Fergie's ass.  Come On RedMen!!!!!  Pumped for this game.
      I did not know that Ferguson had a donkey,but what ever way you want to phrase it its time for every Liverpool fan to show that we are what United aspire to be.I have every confidence that our lads will put on a display that will mesmerise Ferguson and for once in his life have him lost for words. :kop5cf8koxp6:
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,479 posts | 4595 
      Reply #273: Jan 13, 2013 07:52:59 am
      Fergie has plenty to say.

Fancy Sturridge to score as Skrtel
      & Agger too.

Scum are going to get hammered.

Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #274: Jan 13, 2013 07:55:28 am
      Fergie has plenty to say.

Fancy Sturridge to score as Skrtel
      & Agger too.

Scum are going to get hammered.

Thats music to my ears Shabs,cheers mate.
      Redtrader
      • Forum Igor Biscan

• 124 posts | 29 
      Reply #275: Jan 13, 2013 08:31:17 am
      I would like to see this side from what is available,

Reina
      Wisdom, Agger, Skrtel, Johnson

Lucas,  Henderson

Gerrard

Sturridge Suarez Downing

The front three can interchange, as Downing can play left or right, crossed fingers, Suarez anywhere and he and Sturridge can swap. Although I have been underwhelmed by Downing since his arrival I think we all agree in recent weeks he has captured his good old 7/10 Villa form, all thanks to Brendan, and will be a better starter for this game. I much prefer Hendo's energy and covering ability over Allen and want him sitting next Lucas, and am hoping that we get a lead so that Allen can come on later for Hendo to utilise his short backward and sideways possession passing. Sterling IMHO would be perfect coming on if we are in trouble or in a lead, although I'm tempted to start him I think if Downing can keep his recent form he provides better balance and control.

We really could do with Enrique for this game, as he has been excellent whenever he has played this year and been instrumental in a lot of our attacking play. The only players that concern me from the scum are rvp and Hernandez, so if can control the middle, and we should, then our defence will be able to focus on these two.

Oh and if things aren't going too well, snap  rvps legs and give the title to citeh >:D

Quick Reply