Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

Englands most underachieving club?

Read 2942 times
      AlexLFC95
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,393 posts | 56 
      Re: Englands most underachieving club?
      Reply #23: Jan 26, 2013 11:10:51 pm
      At the moment, Arsenal are definitely underachieving. No trophies for 7 or 8 years now when they were dominating before and no Champions League trophy during the period they were dominating.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,438 posts | 8656 
      Reply #24: Jan 27, 2013 02:31:39 pm
      Everton
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #25: Jan 29, 2013 03:25:27 am

They better keep it that way. George Lucas and Steven Spielberg are once again reviving our favourite swashbuckling archaeologist who is to resume his search for hidden treasures unseen by humans for many years.

I hear the new movie will be called 'Indiana Jones and the Lost Everton Trophy Cabinet'.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,332 posts | 4960 
      Reply #26: Jan 29, 2013 09:59:39 am
      I hear the new movie will be called 'Indiana Jones and the Lost Everton Trophy Cabinet'.

They have a trophy cabinet mate, just never seem to find anything to put in it ;)

FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,506 posts | 3457 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #27: Jan 29, 2013 10:37:55 am
      They have a trophy cabinet mate, just never seem to find anything to put in it ;)

I heard an interview with Andy Van Der Merwe recently about his drink and drug problems that really came to the fore at Everton, at one stage when he said 'I really lost myself' I instantly though 'yes, in Everton's trophy cabinet'
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #28: Jan 29, 2013 02:00:23 pm
      This is a good topic of discussion. I think I'd agree with Newcastle and Everton. Though, in fairness to Everton, they were unfortunate that we were always beating them :laugh:

Just throwing this out there, in the past 25 years or so, we've underachieved quite a bit ourselves. We've had moments of greatness (European Cup, UEFA Cup, FA Cups, etc.) but we've never been able to sustain those runs into consecutive seasons despite having some top quality squads.

Quick Reply