Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 24th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P14 W9 D1 L4

Reds win down under: LFC 2-0 Melbourne Victory (Australia)

Read 34836 times
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Re: Reds win down under: LFC 2-0 Melbourne Victory (Australia)
      Reply #345: Jul 24, 2013 04:01:43 pm
      Think Sterling and Ibe are going to make each other better, plus they seem to have a good understanding of each other on the pitch. I still give the edge to Ibe though...he looks the more well rounded player to me.

Both will be huge impact players this season.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,544 posts | 1544 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #346: Jul 24, 2013 04:04:46 pm
      Well that made sense

Thanks for sharing
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,544 posts | 1544 
      Reply #347: Jul 24, 2013 04:05:13 pm
      Aspas didn't score it was an OG. He does look like a livewire though.
      No, he scored it
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #348: Jul 24, 2013 04:15:07 pm
      Well that made sense

Thanks for sharing

As in nope I don't agree with all the comments you made against mine. You stated "agreed" at end of your post. Maybe you meant you agreed with my Suarez World Class comment not sure.
      Barnes10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,631 posts | 88 
      Reply #349: Jul 24, 2013 04:15:19 pm
      Great scenes from the reds in Australia. Credit to them for showing such passion for the club in such huge numbers.

Suarez looked like a whinging bi*ch after the Aspas goal. Let's not make excuses for him; we've done that long enough for all the thanks we got.
      He wants out, but like Mascherano in 2009 he will be made to stay another season.  He's our asset on a 3 year deal, and we'll use him.

He'll have to console himself with his measly £120,000 a week for another year.

bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #350: Jul 24, 2013 04:18:01 pm

Oh ok, It said it was an OG on the screen at the end of the match? Clearly based on that last replay Aspas scored.
      RedStorm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,746 posts | 142 
      • YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
      Reply #351: Jul 24, 2013 04:25:30 pm
      Some pics of the night
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,544 posts | 1544 
      Reply #352: Jul 24, 2013 04:31:10 pm
      As in nope I don't agree with all the comments you made against mine. You stated "agreed" at end of your post. Maybe you meant you agreed with my Suarez World Class comment not sure.
      That was it, yes.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #353: Jul 24, 2013 04:34:50 pm

Ok that makes more sense, picked you up wrong when I read it first.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,657 posts | 3891 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #354: Jul 24, 2013 04:41:38 pm
      We really should have battered this lot.
      No proper attacking threat from midfield.

Ibe and Sterling were dragging multiple players out of position and a class attacking midfielder or Suarez/Coutinho in a 4-2-3-1 would have run riot today.

Wisdom is a beast.
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,176 posts | 265 
      Reply #355: Jul 24, 2013 04:59:52 pm
      Thanks mate :)
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #356: Jul 24, 2013 05:19:16 pm
      Wow! 95,000 Liverpool fans sing You'll Never Walk Alone at the MCG pre Melbourne Victory friendly

Wow! Genuinely got shivers. Can we make Melbourne our second home? The Australians are amazing! Best tour Liverpool have done. And to top it off the Redmen were given a good match by Melbourne Victory who were excellent and played up to the big occasion giving a good match in the process. Disrespecting them if we think we should have battered them.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #357: Jul 24, 2013 05:24:42 pm
       And for Luis, do you really think if Arsenal played at the other side of the World you'd get THAT? Course you f*cking wouldn't, no comparison in the size of the respective clubs.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,625 posts | 2160 
      Reply #358: Jul 24, 2013 05:27:25 pm
      Wow! 95,000 Liverpool fans sing You'll Never Walk Alone at the MCG pre Melbourne Victory friendly

Wow! Genuinely got shivers. Can we make Melbourne our second home? The Australians are amazing! Best tour Liverpool have done. And to top it off the Redmen were given a good match by Melbourne Victory who were excellent and played up to the big occasion giving a good match in the process. Disrespecting them if we think we should have battered them.

Pretty spectular display from the Aussie fans and it does make ya wonder why the club have never been there before!
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #359: Jul 24, 2013 05:31:19 pm
      Pretty spectular display from the Aussie fans and it does make ya wonder why the club have never been there before!

I guess that's down to the sheer dim witted nature the club has been run the previous two decades! I will say this about FSG - they do know how to tap into the once untapped resources of support across the world.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #360: Jul 24, 2013 05:32:04 pm
      Just seen the highlights from the game, played some decent football, the first goal was really good! They may only be friendlies but 3 wins in a row without conceding, then add that onto our end of season finish and we are actually on a pretty good run right now!

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,335 posts | 4960 
      Reply #361: Jul 25, 2013 12:29:28 am
      Always wondered why on these tours we don't have the players names in the shirts.

Surely it would make more sense commercially, as that is what these tours are mostly for, to have the names on the shirt as well.
      bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #362: Jul 25, 2013 12:34:46 am
      Always wondered why on these tours we don't have the players names in the shirts.

Surely it would make more sense commercially, as that is what these tours are mostly for, to have the names on the shirt as well.
      With all the austerity Si we need to use Suarez jersey again  :)
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #363: Jul 25, 2013 12:50:19 am
      The positives from the game;

Ibe looks good. He looks like he has the right attitude too which is important.

I wish Suarez was staying because when they changed the team ( I know that Victory were tried by that stage) we looked better in attack. Suarez and Aspas were linking up really well. I think the movement of Aspas and the other new spaniard (cant remember his name) combined with Suarez pulling the strings was excellent. Ibe and Sterling can learn from this. Ibe and Sterling are much more wingers carrying the ball forward. With the Aspas and ? it is all about the interplay. Hopefully if Suarez leaves, Coutinho can step up. I think our squad is looking pretty good at the moment.

I support Brendans approach. I'm just not sure about the dropping so deep with Allen or Gerrard picking the ball up off the CB. However my problem with this is mainly because I am not sure baout us in attack. WIth the movement shown by some of our new younsters and the skill and pace of Ibe and Sterling and the creativity of Coutinho we could be on to something. If only we could keep Suarez and I think we would be a big shout this season.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,245 posts | 1226 
      Reply #364: Jul 25, 2013 01:46:45 am
      Full credit to our fans over in Oz and Asia and anyone who was there to get behind the lads, the support was absolutely phenomenal. Pity some of the players don't have the same passion.
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,008 posts | 209 
      • do do do
      Reply #365: Jul 25, 2013 05:18:37 am
      I watched the video I took of singing YNWA and felt truly happy and then thought about Suarez and felt truly sad, that sums up the football club, and the chants of 'we want Suarez' were surprising but fantastic.. truly great Liverpool supporters this night.
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,176 posts | 265 
      Reply #366: Jul 25, 2013 06:52:48 am

Well said mate.

And I'd take this opportunity to say I'm surprised even some Liverpool born supporters seemed not yet realize what are the 'supporters/fans worldwide' meant, as I still see someone said that Asian tour is stupid thing. In any LFC plyers life, they'll never soon see almost 100,000 people all in red, standing YNWA, singing their name, enjoying their play etc.

Only this year in Thailand, Chelsea and ManU already play their friendly here and LFC in next few days then FC Barcelona in August. Sure the clubs see some things in Asia and I'm delighted LFC also awaken and encouraged in this market.

Well done Oz fans and also Indo fans, hopefully in next few days in Bangkok we will see the similar atmosphere. Sad thing is, I finally disappoint again as I cannot manage to go this game, after I'm disappointed last time the team came Malaysia a few years back. It's really sad and for me it's embarrassing, but I can't, so be it. Hope I have more chances in the future.
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,991 posts | 241 
      Reply #367: Jul 25, 2013 07:26:12 am
      The Thai folks are crazy Liverpool fans. I made a few friends because of my Liverpool jersey (in spite of the language barrier). I never thought Indonesian fans could be that passionate. They were brilliant (banners, decibel levels etc...)

Quick Reply