Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 15th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P13 W6 D5 L2

Philippe Coutinho (Liverpool > FC Barcelona)

Read 407238 times
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,217 posts | 4413 
      Re: Philippe Coutinho Player Thread
      Reply #1748: Aug 20, 2015 08:20:35 am
      Coutinho not being picked is worrying - especially as all players want to play for their country.

For me this may be about Dunga not rating a few performances he put in during the Copa America, or it might be about him not rating Liverpool and lack of CL football. If its about Liverpool then we have an issue - especially as the now Captain of Brazil (Neymar) will be talking to him as I am sure these players do. Lets hope its the former, not the latter...

What would Dunga know about attacking football.

Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #1749: Aug 20, 2015 08:39:31 am

Coutinho has done his part to get us back where we belong.

The club hasn't done their part.

direct your anger at Rodgers and FSG for keeping us stuck in mediocrity. 

Players like Suarez, Coutinho have huge ambition.  If we matched the ambitions of our top players then we wouldn't be where we are now.

get your cock off it, he hasn't got us anywhere yet
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #1750: Aug 20, 2015 09:05:07 am
      get your cock off it, he hasn't got us anywhere yet

of course not.  Because he's surrounded by mostly rubbish.  Not even Suarez himself could win us the title even though he came close.

Put top players around Coutinho and watch us win the title.

Put the likes of Henderson and Milner behind him and make him lump it up to Benteke like we used to do with Carroll etc and you know how the story will end.

Can't believe the club hasn't learned from its mistakes.  We bought Suarez in January of 2011 and should have built the club around him.  Instead we built it around Carroll.  We've got Coutinho now and should build the club around him. 

Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #1751: Aug 20, 2015 07:01:24 pm

Coutinho has done his part to get us back where we belong.

The club hasn't done their part.

direct your anger at Rodgers and FSG for keeping us stuck in mediocrity. 

Players like Suarez, Coutinho have huge ambition.  If we matched the ambitions of our top players then we wouldn't be where we are now.

Fed, there is no anger from me here - im a fan of Liverpool and when I start getting 'Angry' and 'Blame the Manager' I will simply become 'less of a Liverpool Fan', I wont blame the Manager or the Owners and become angry. For me being able to watch us play football every weekend is why I support the team, to talk to my friends about the good and the bad is why I support the team. We all love trophies, but some of the most fun I have had being a Liverpool fan was at an away game, in December in a terrace with no roof freezing watching us lose, drenched... It sounds awful, but the banter in the crowd, the beers before and after and the what if's are why I love the game and Liverpool - not just the Istanbul moments...

Yes, we need to match ambition for the players and fill the squad with the best players available - but we also have to run the club properly. What happens when these Sheiks and Oligarchs get bored, when the 'Yanks' leave a club with no means to pay the wages of its players..? No, I want us to remain a football club and do things the right way - but that's for a different thread...

My point was that Coutinho may have been omitted because when he has played for Brazil his performance have not been great - if that is the reason then his club football is beside the point. In this instance does the Ambition or Performance of LFC matter, if his national manager doesn't like him based on his Brazil performances?
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #1752: Aug 20, 2015 07:17:01 pm
      Has looked like a player invigorated by the greater pressure and responsibility so far this season
      Just hope we don't get on his case when the magic doesn't always come off and that firmino gets up to fitness and settles in soon
      We are going to need them both to share the pressure this season.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,217 posts | 4413 
      Reply #1753: Aug 28, 2015 08:44:39 pm
      Looks like the little magician has been recalled back into the Brazil squad.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1754: Aug 29, 2015 12:04:43 am
      Looks like the little magician has been recalled back into the Brazil squad.

Glad he is getting the oppurtunity but I would rather he was left out, of much more benefit and less risk to us.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,451 posts | 2846 
      Reply #1755: Aug 29, 2015 02:27:05 pm
      Glad he is getting the oppurtunity but I would rather he was left out, of much more benefit and less risk to us.

Considering Brazil play away in the US 4 days before we travel to United, I can't help but agree.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #1756: Aug 29, 2015 04:55:16 pm
      Did his best Balotelli impressions today, hopelessly shooting from distance all the time. Then got himself sent off. F**k it. It will be tough playing vs Man Utd without him.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,217 posts | 4413 
      Reply #1757: Aug 29, 2015 05:48:57 pm
      Tactic seems to be get the ball to Couts and hopefully he will conjure something up. He's allowed a off day every so often considering there is nothing in a attacking sense under this current set up.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,844 posts | 6785 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1758: Sep 20, 2015 10:08:53 pm
      Love the lad to bits but couldn't help thinking during the game, Luis would have buried all those chances Phillipe had last night. Maybe I was just thinking that because we were playing Norwich.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,217 posts | 4413 
      Reply #1759: Sep 20, 2015 10:24:04 pm
      Love the lad to bits but couldn't help thinking during the game, Luis would have buried all those chances Phillipe had last night. Maybe I was just thinking that because we were playing Norwich.

He was pretty poor against Norwich from his final pass to his finishing.

Highlighting the importance of the guy when he is not on form we have nobody else to bail us out.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1760: Sep 20, 2015 10:26:24 pm
      Has to score that one on one if he isn't going to put it on a plate for a tap in, no excuse.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #1761: Sep 21, 2015 01:39:01 am
      Greedy. Should be dropped for the next game. Needs an ego check.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #1762: Sep 21, 2015 02:03:47 am
      Greedy. Should be dropped for the next game. Needs an ego check.

You need your head checked lad.

Almost everything he shot last night he created himself, yeah lets drop our best player because he had a bad game.

Why is there a double standard in your post above and the one I have taken from Milner's thread? Is it because "Jamie" is English?

"Come on lads! There is no question Milner is a good player. He's had a bad time in the last game but he's putting a hell of a shift in, ran more than any other premier league player this year. The performances will come, form is temporary and class is permanent. Let's get behind him because the armband is his for a few weeks for the very least. Some utterly disgraceful tripe being spread here going to a personal level against him.

How does anyone have a chance if we're all going to jump on their backs after some average performances. Feck sake boys let's rally round the lad and give him some confidence"
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #1763: Sep 21, 2015 03:37:23 am
      The main reason we couldn't beat Norwich. Ridiculous egoistic performance from Coutinho. Awfully predictable - gets the ball, brings to his right foot, shoots. For his second EPL game in a row, Coutinho has done his best Balotelli impression as Liverpool's creative black hole. He does that kind of stuff quite often, but this is usually mixed with his fine passing. Today there was only the crap bring to right foot, shoot hopelessly side of him - and it was annoying as f**k.

Talking about stereotypes - Sterling, in my view a better player than Coutinho, would have been demolished for his "poor decision making" after a performance like that. Sterling's decision making is actually very good, particularly for a player of his age, but the fact he's the pacey winger type usually brings about the clichés of his position ("runs into dead ends" and stuff like that). Coutinho is the cerebral number 10 though, so even after making the wrong decisions for ninety minutes you likely won't see anyone ever questioning his decision making.
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #1764: Sep 21, 2015 09:36:11 am
      You need your head checked lad.

Almost everything he shot last night he created himself, yeah lets drop our best player because he had a bad game.

Why is there a double standard in your post above and the one I have taken from Milner's thread? Is it because "Jamie" is English?

"Come on lads! There is no question Milner is a good player. He's had a bad time in the last game but he's putting a hell of a shift in, ran more than any other premier league player this year. The performances will come, form is temporary and class is permanent. Let's get behind him because the armband is his for a few weeks for the very least. Some utterly disgraceful tripe being spread here going to a personal level against him.

How does anyone have a chance if we're all going to jump on their backs after some average performances. Feck sake boys let's rally round the lad and give him some confidence"

Big difference between the two performances. Coutinho didn't make everything by himself he found space and was passed the ball by a teammate. In the second half ever time he got the ball he shot without looking for a teammate in a better position. Once or twice is obviously fine since he's a talented lad, but he shouldn't be thinking he's the only player on the pitch. Milner put out a performance for the team, Coutinho put out a performance for Coutinho. Drop him for the next game and put him in again after.

And for the record as an Irishman I couldn't give a F**k if Milner was English, Brazilian or from Mars and if you accuse me of being bigoted again I will have to report you. I call them as I see them no matter what shape, sex, size or colour. If they're being a dickhead then I'll call them a dickhead, and in my opinion (and others) Phil was being a dickhead.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #1765: Sep 22, 2015 12:15:03 am
      Big difference between the two performances. Coutinho didn't make everything by himself he found space and was passed the ball by a teammate. In the second half ever time he got the ball he shot without looking for a teammate in a better position. Once or twice is obviously fine since he's a talented lad, but he shouldn't be thinking he's the only player on the pitch. Milner put out a performance for the team, Coutinho put out a performance for Coutinho. Drop him for the next game and put him in again after.

And for the record as an Irishman I couldn't give a f**k if Milner was English, Brazilian or from Mars and if you accuse me of being bigoted again I will have to report you. I call them as I see them no matter what shape, sex, size or colour. If they're being a dickhead then I'll call them a dickhead, and in my opinion (and others) Phil was being a dickhead.

Disagree again whilst he was given the ball he was always in a tight space with 2-3 men around him and needed to create the space for himself to release a shot. The exception was the throughball from Firmino when he was one on one but even then he had a good 35 yards of space to break into before unleashing a shot.

As for the bigoted comment apologies to call an Irishman out of all people however there is a lot of that on the forum and my frustration built up.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #1766: Sep 22, 2015 12:24:04 am
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,615 posts | 752 
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #1768: Sep 22, 2015 07:59:40 am
      Disagree again whilst he was given the ball he was always in a tight space with 2-3 men around him and needed to create the space for himself to release a shot. The exception was the throughball from Firmino when he was one on one but even then he had a good 35 yards of space to break into before unleashing a shot.

As for the bigoted comment apologies to call an Irishman out of all people however there is a lot of that on the forum and my frustration built up.

No worries Dado, I know you're a good lad, thought it must have been frustration set you off. Happens to us all.

Don77

• 6,614 posts | 1109 
      Reply #1769: Sep 22, 2015 10:53:05 am
      If the cash is right ... and we can buy 3 average players to replace him he will be gone in the summer.

Sorry to be so blunt ... but thats the way this club operates these days and when barca come calling i would not be angry at him for wanting to go.

When you show no ambition for so many years
      .. you reach the point were the good players you have want to leave to better themselves and also no top players want to join.

Enjoy coutinho while he is here. Frustrating at times ... but our only world class attacking talent.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,304 posts | 4949 
      Reply #1770: Sep 22, 2015 11:40:35 am
      He's the natural successor to Iniesta.

Its where I believe he should be playing for us and I do worry they he'll be gone sooner than later.

Quick Reply