Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 24th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P14 W9 D1 L4

Philippe Coutinho (Liverpool > FC Barcelona)

Read 410269 times
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Re: Philippe Coutinho Player Thread
      Reply #920: Feb 09, 2014 09:52:15 pm
      Fantastic performance.

The amount of pressing and closing down he did was amazing, in addition to the silky touches and passes.

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,423 posts | 6420 
      Reply #921: Feb 10, 2014 03:33:17 am
      He's turning into a bit of a pit bull. Keep it up young man.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #922: Feb 10, 2014 09:24:40 am
      “When Coutinho’s right, he is the difference that makes Liverpool.

“I guess that he is a very great player and he is showing that he has the quality to play for both Liverpool and in the national team. I’m proud to be playing with him.”

Suarez on Coutinho
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #923: Feb 10, 2014 10:05:30 am
      “When Coutinho’s right, he is the difference that makes Liverpool.

“I guess that he is a very great player and he is showing that he has the quality to play for both Liverpool and in the national team. I’m proud to be playing with him.”

Suarez on Coutinho

Someone posted a collage of Philippe's contribution to our great victory over the Arse, impressive is an understatement.
      The lad's foresight and awareness are absolutely breath taking, all done with such casualness it disguises the level of skill involved. 

s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #924: Feb 10, 2014 10:17:58 am
      Someone posted a collage of Philippe's contribution to our great victory over the Arse, impressive is an understatement.
      The lad's foresight and awareness are absolutely breath taking, all done with such casualness it disguises the level of skill involved. 

That was me as well mate. I think he is an outstanding talent especially when you consider how young he is. 
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,657 posts | 3891 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #925: Feb 10, 2014 10:34:55 am
      My love for Coutinho is only matched by Sturridge's.

LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,728 posts | 3945 
      Reply #926: Feb 10, 2014 10:37:12 am
      That run he made where we threaded to ball through to Henderson... Wow just wow.

The arsenal players didn't know what was happening, it was just magical to watch. If Henderson kept his composure it would of been one of the best moves in Prem history.

He would 100% walk in to any team in the world right now, that's how good his form is.
      manwithnoname
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 991 posts | 31 
      Reply #927: Feb 10, 2014 10:43:17 am
      That was an attacking midfield masterclass from Coutinho. He didn't shirk the physical stuff, took on Wilshere in the tackle, kept nicking possession and then used the ball to devastating effect.

I always remember that YouTube compilation of an Alonso masterclass against Fulham (I think it was Fulham anyway), and this was in that league, but against better opposition.
      manwithnoname
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 991 posts | 31 
      Reply #928: Feb 10, 2014 10:44:10 am
      How could you justify starting Allen ahead of Coutinho? He doesn't impose himself much on the game either, and has less to offer in attack.

I would keep Allen on the bench. He has been a major disappointment whenever he has featured.

Allen was terrible when he came on aswell. Really terrible.
      lefty1896
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,700 posts | 23 
      • He scores a goal and the kop goes wild...
      Reply #929: Feb 10, 2014 10:50:38 am
      manwithnoname
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 991 posts | 31 
      Reply #930: Feb 10, 2014 11:15:47 am
      After the first touch to control the ball, his second touch is always, ALWAYS forwards.
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,710 posts | 896 
      Reply #931: Feb 10, 2014 01:15:53 pm
      The BBC on our Cou: The Brazilian has been involved in 14 goals in 30 appearances for Liverpool in his Premier League career (nine assists, five goals). thats pretty good for a young player as him. With time im confident that he will get better.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #932: Feb 10, 2014 01:33:51 pm
      How could you justify starting Allen ahead of Coutinho? He doesn't impose himself much on the game either, and has less to offer in attack.

I would keep Allen on the bench. He has been a major disappointment whenever he has featured.

Have to hold my hands up to this one, as I was advocating starting Allen. I thought Allen would give us a bit more combative edge in the midfield. Coutinho was very good and he was getting stuck in to. And you're right, he does have more impact in the final third, I suppose my justification was seeing Allen contain Arsenal more, but Coutinho actually took the game to them and it worked well.

Don't worry, after that performance the team doesn't need disrupting and Coutinho should do that again.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,882 posts | 6816 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #933: Feb 11, 2014 07:55:05 am
      Fantastic performance from Coutinho.

F**k if Ozil is worth 42 or 47 million pounds (whatever it was, can't remember) what's Philippe worth?

That pass for Danny to score was out of this world.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #934: Feb 11, 2014 08:23:57 am

Been looking for a Coutinho video vs Arsenal all week! Thanks so much for sharing.

Now time for a glass of wine, some tissues and lube. Gonna enjoy this video.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,882 posts | 6816 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #935: Feb 11, 2014 09:05:46 am
      Been looking for a Coutinho video vs Arsenal all week! Thanks so much for sharing.

Classic John.   :D
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,333 posts | 2834 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #936: Feb 11, 2014 02:25:11 pm
      I was hoping he would be called for the Brazilian squad today, but that wasn't to be. Felipão probably doesn't see him as an option for the World Cup then. It's a shame as I thought he deserved a place in the squad.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,335 posts | 4960 
      Reply #937: Feb 11, 2014 02:26:25 pm
      I was hoping he would be called for the Brazilian squad today, but that wasn't to be. Felipão probably doesn't see him as an option for the World Cup then. It's a shame as I thought he deserved a place in the squad.

Shows the depth of talent you have Diego.
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #938: Feb 11, 2014 02:59:58 pm
      Shows the depth of talent you have Diego.

If he keeps up the form he showed against Arsenal for the rest of the season, there's no way he shouldn't be in their squad, however deep the talent runs.

I said it in the match thread but what was really pleasing to see was Coutinho's work rate and the improvement he seems to have shown in knowing when to press. We know he's got the quality to play amazing passes like the one to Sturridge for the 4th, but I'm sure a lot of us don't think he's up to much defensively, and I'd suggest that's the reason most on here would have plumped for Allen ahead of Cou for the Arse game. But the work ethic, and the effectiveness of his pressing, was very very encouraging.
      Emlyn Hughes
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,638 posts | 131 
      Reply #939: Feb 11, 2014 04:55:10 pm
      Fantastic performance from Coutinho.

F**k if Ozil is worth 42 or 47 million pounds (whatever it was, can't remember) what's Philippe worth?

Ozil is the most overrated player in the German national team IMO! The only reason why Madrid sold him last summer was because he wasn't able to perform in the big and important matches. It is a f**king joke that Arsenal paid around 42 pounds for him.

On topic:

Love this little lad! I remember the times under Woy where we had a goal scoring problem and a real lack of creativity in our midfield. Seeing this lad warms my heart :)
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,657 posts | 3891 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #940: Feb 11, 2014 11:35:19 pm

crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #941: Feb 12, 2014 08:44:00 am

Not quite aggressive enough, racer. Kermit is a bit timid compared to me.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #942: Feb 12, 2014 11:20:15 am
      Not quite aggressive enough, racer. Kermit is a bit timid compared to me.

More like...?

Quick Reply