Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

Henrikh Mkhitaryan (Shakhtar Donetsk > Borussia Dortmund)

Read 101027 times
      DaveMac82
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 90 posts |
      Re: Henrikh Mkhitaryan (Shakhtar Donetsk)
      Reply #667: Jun 26, 2013 11:20:03 pm
      No idea was just told Ayre is in London working hard on trying to close a deal, based on that I'm assuming if he is he won't be with Ayre as Shakatar would have to give us permission to speak to him.

He's probably just out on the lash. He's a regular at the weekend in Heebie Jeebies by all accounts.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 31,494 posts | 2868 
      Reply #668: Jun 26, 2013 11:21:46 pm
      After watching some videos of him and seeing that the price keeps going up, I'm starting to go off this deal to be honest. Wouldn't be that bothered if Dortmund came in and signed him.
      Arrie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,763 posts | 64 
      • Being safe is risky nowadays.
      Reply #669: Jun 26, 2013 11:26:03 pm
      After watching some videos of him and seeing that the price keeps going up, I'm starting to go off this deal to be honest. Wouldn't be that bothered if Dortmund came in and signed him.
      He wants to play for Liverpool if the reports are to be believed.

Dortmund, on the other hand is missing out on their targets.
      kenny
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,314 posts | 76 
      Lofti Rider
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 656 posts |
      Reply #671: Jun 27, 2013 08:40:47 am
      Via Echo
      Liverpool have been told they will need to pay £25m if they want to sign Henrikh Mkhitaryan from Shakhtar Donetsk.
      Liverpool have so far been frustrated in their attempts to negotiate an acceptable deal with Mkhitaryan or his representatives.
      Mkhitaryan is understood to be receptive to the idea of a move to Liverpool. Despite frenzied rumours to the contrary, Liverpool mare not on the verge of striking a deal for Mkhitaryan at this stage.
      Sergei Palkin: "Borussia Dortmund offered €30m (£19.5m) for the midfielder. I contacted Mkhitaryan's agent yesterday (Tuesday)." Sergei Palkin: "We are prepared to sell Mkhitaryan
      for €30m (£25m). This offer stands for the next 10 days."
      Sergei Palkin: "If Mkhitaryan wishes to leave, they have to pay this amount (£25m) for him."
      Lofti Rider
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 656 posts |
      Reply #672: Jun 27, 2013 08:42:54 am
      and
      Liverpool remain optimistic a £20m deal can be
      struck for Henrikh Mkhitaryan. (Liverpool Daily Post)
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #673: Jun 27, 2013 08:47:40 am
      Well I've just been told Ian Ayre is in London.

Torres deal...
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #674: Jun 27, 2013 01:33:23 pm
      Sgt_Hard
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 159 posts |
      Reply #675: Jun 27, 2013 01:33:37 pm
      Bit confused now? so how much is 30m Euro converted to £££'s then?? £19.5m or £25m looks like Dortmund have a different exchange rate to the rest of us....
      Must be a tax they have for the english teams...
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #676: Jun 27, 2013 03:19:46 pm
      Well I know nothing about this player but the way he's gone AWOL is a worry as we dont want players who dont respect their current club. If he's as good as "Twitter" haha Makes out and Youtube then i will be well happy

we dont need more goals from the midfield not that Gerrard is taking up that Alonso roll (would be good to get Alonso back for 2 seasons)

Fingers crossed that we dont get another Aquilani Flop, but so far BR has bought good players. allen and Borini to come good this season
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,927 posts | 969 
      Reply #677: Jun 27, 2013 03:32:10 pm
      I'd personally rather see us spend the 20M on Strootman than Micky.....  I think Strootman is going to become a phenomenal player, and he would take to the Prem like a pig in sh*t. 

Obviously I want the manager to get the players that he wants, but I have my doubts about this one....
      instride01
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 147 posts |
      Reply #678: Jun 27, 2013 05:40:22 pm
      F'in hell, now it looks like the Russians are set to jump in on this one.  Anzhi are starting to get linked to him and will just wave their checkbook.  Suspect links at this point but, if true, the price just might get inflated here.
      brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #679: Jun 27, 2013 05:49:55 pm
      F'in hell, now it looks like the Russians are set to jump in on this one.  Anzhi are starting to get linked to him and will just wave their checkbook.  Suspect links at this point but, if true, the price just might get inflated here.
      well if true mate the price will sky rocket that's for sure.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #680: Jun 27, 2013 06:01:18 pm

He's already turned down a move to Russia when they tried to sign him in January.
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #681: Jun 27, 2013 06:14:46 pm
      I wouldnt worry, they ca bid as much as they like - he has a release clause no..?
      instride01
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 147 posts |
      Reply #682: Jun 27, 2013 06:30:52 pm
      I hope you guys are right and we won't be drawn into paying over the odds.  It does seem like we are his preferred destination by all accounts.  I would really like to see Henrikh in Liverpool red next season, I think he'll be a great addition.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #683: Jun 27, 2013 06:47:53 pm
      Shakhtar received a concrete offer from Liverpool, but the transfer was postponed due to disagreements on the transaction amount. (Izvestia)
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,333 posts | 2834 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #684: Jun 27, 2013 06:48:03 pm
      Not sure if it's been posted yet, but I really respect Wilson's opinion, so there you go:

Liverpool target Henrikh Mkhitaryan owes much to heritage and hard work
      Shakhtar's rising star comes from strong Armenian stock but had to graft to become one of eastern Europe's most exciting players

When Jádson returned to Brazil to join São Paulo last season, the expectation was that Shakhtar Donetsk would buy another of his compatriots: how else could they replicate his creativity and goals from midfield? Mircea Lucescu, though, simply advanced one of his deeper lying midfielders, breaking the habit of the previous few seasons by playing an eastern European towards the front of his team.

Henrikh Mkhitaryan had, in fairness, only been playing so deep because of Fernandinho's broken leg but still, nobody quite expected the explosion when he resumed his former role. His first 14 league games of last season brought 16 goals and he went on to amass 25 for the season. He is not, though, he insists, a forward: rather, he is a midfielder who can operate either as a deep-lying distributor or behind a striker. In Shakhtar's fluent 4-2-3-1 system, he was pivotal, a hub whose movement helped shape the whole. In that regard, it's easy to see why Brendan Rodgers is so keen to bring him to Liverpool: Mkhitaryan has the ability to find and generate space that is vital to possession-based teams – and he also has a ruthlessness in front of goal that Liverpool have lacked over the past couple of seasons.

For Mkhitaryan the move feels logical. Liverpool aspire to a style of football relatively similar to Shakhtar's. At 24, now is probably the time to make the step up to the consistent competition of the Premier League, particularly as the Shakhtar team is dismantled, with Willian, Fernandinho and Razvan Rat already departed (it's not Liverpool's fault, but there is something sad about seeing another bright young team – like Athletic Bilbao and Porto before them – broken down and sold off after one season of flickering achievement; one of the curses of the economic disparities of the modern game).

Whether Mkhitaryan would adapt is impossible to say but the signs are good. Mkhitaryan has a gift for languages – it's a family trait: his sister Monica works as a translator for Uefa – and has a down-to-earthness that suggests he is smart and pragmatic enough to adjust. Just as importantly, he gives a sense of understanding his own game: he is not a savant to whom excellence just happened; he has worked methodically to develop his talent, something in which he was helped by his close relationship with Lucescu.

"It wasn't easy for him from the start," said the Romanian, "but his integration was speeded up by his high level of football intelligence. His game awareness is perhaps his most valuable quality – that and the speed and power and technique Henrikh was gifted by nature and that he's developed. Because of those virtues, he's one of the players who most consistently fulfils the tasks set by the coaching staff. Working with him is fun."

Mkhitaryan's father, Hamlet, was a well-respected centre-forward for Ararat Yerevan, Armenia's most successful club in Soviet times, in the late 80s. He had a brief stint at Kotayk Abovyan, and then, in 1989, a few months after Henrikh's birth, he was transferred to the French club ASOA Valence, where he spent five years before a move to Issy, picking up two caps for the newly independent Armenia. Even then, Henrikh's love for football was clear. "When I was a child, I used to watch my father playing football, and I always wanted to follow him to training," he said. "When he didn't take me with him I stayed next to the door, crying. I always wanted to become a football player, and I thank my parents, as they helped me so much to realise this dream. They always supported me on my path."

The Mkhitaryans returned to Yerevan in 1995 and, just a year later, when Henrikh was seven, his father died from a brain tumour. Football, though, remained a major part of the family's life, with his mother now heading the national team department at the Armenian football federation.

In the pantheon of Armenian footballers, Mkhitaryan stands at the very top, alongside Nikita Simonyan, Eduard Markarov and Khoren Hovhannisyan. As the greatest Armenian player since fragmentation, he probably carries a greater responsibility than any of them, a role of which he is well aware. "Not so many Armenian players are given the chance to play in the Champions League, and this is really important for me, because I want to do everything to impress the children who are watching me playing," he said last season.

"For those children, I want their goal to be to play in the Champions League, and for the most important European teams. They don't have to stop in the Armenian league, thinking that they're not able to achieve anything more. Every person has to keep in mind that they can grow up and reach the top, no matter where they are born, whether it's in Russia, in Ukraine, in Europe; they've still got the opportunity to show their talent and the culture of their people."

If he joins Liverpool, he will of course have to forego Champions League football but it may be that he can help bring the competition back to Anfield.

Jonathan Wilson - The Guardian
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #685: Jun 27, 2013 07:29:23 pm

That could be anyone to be honest, not the clearest of pictures. Not to mention the fact that every article that goes with that picture fails to mention the hotel name.....don't know about anyone else but when it is actually the case of a player being pictured somewhere, especially in a hotel in the country of the club that is trying to sign him, the hotel name would be mentioned.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #686: Jun 28, 2013 03:12:19 am
      I always find it odd that person who takes the pic never reveals where the pic was taken OR AT THE LEAST actually go up to player, talk to him, say hi and get a better photo!
      Its not like he is gonna attack them!
      Arrie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,763 posts | 64 
      • Being safe is risky nowadays.
      Reply #687: Jun 28, 2013 04:23:07 am
      « Reply #692 on: Today at 03:12:19 AM »
      Quote (selected)
      I always find it odd that person who takes the pic never reveals where the pic was taken OR AT THE LEAST actually go up to player,
      The person who took the photo went up to him and said to Mkhi "Welcome to LFC" He smiled and replied we'll see.

Could be bollocks though.
      Lofti Rider
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 656 posts |
      Reply #688: Jun 28, 2013 05:38:24 am
      Shakhtar received a concrete offer from Liverpool, but the transfer was postponed due to disagreements on the transaction amount .

Anzhi had a verbal agreement with Shakhtar for Mkhitaryan but he didn't gave an answer to the offer as he wants to play in PL.

Russian football expert Aleksandr Bubnov: "Henrikh's (Mkhitaryan) playing style is perfect for Anzhi in
      terms of the quality of their play. But he wants Liverpool."

Alekdandr Bubnov: "The problem lies in the fact that Mkhitaryan has become a hostage in the issue of his transfer to another club."

Aleksandr Bubnov: "He [Mkhitaryan] is unable to decide anything, with the clubs interested doing it for him."

Aleksandr Bubnov: "Anzhi board member German Tkachenko is certainly keen on making the player's [Mkhitaryan] transfer a reality."

Aleksandr Bubnov: "Do not be suprised if a deal with Liverpool breaks down and he [Mkhitaryan]
      continues his career at Anzhi."
      American Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,157 posts | 179 
      Reply #689: Jun 28, 2013 05:51:20 am
      Shakhtar received a concrete offer from Liverpool, but the transfer was postponed due to disagreements on the transaction amount .

Anzhi had a verbal agreement with Shakhtar for Mkhitaryan but he didn't gave an answer to the offer as he wants to play in PL.

Russian football expert Aleksandr Bubnov: "Henrikh's (Mkhitaryan) playing style is perfect for Anzhi in
      terms of the quality of their play. But he wants Liverpool."

Alekdandr Bubnov: "The problem lies in the fact that Mkhitaryan has become a hostage in the issue of his transfer to another club."

Aleksandr Bubnov: "He [Mkhitaryan] is unable to decide anything, with the clubs interested doing it for him."

Aleksandr Bubnov: "Anzhi board member German Tkachenko is certainly keen on making the player's [Mkhitaryan] transfer a reality."

Aleksandr Bubnov: "Do not be suprised if a deal with Liverpool breaks down and he [Mkhitaryan]
      continues his career at Anzhi."

Really a disgrace the way this stuff works. We want him here, he wants to be here, but greed and a bit of extra money take precedent over the player's desire. Very upsetting.

Quick Reply