Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 11th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P18 W9 D6 L3

Torres for Suarez

Read 12256 times
      RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,758 posts | 259 
      Re: Torres for Suarez
      Reply #46: Jun 14, 2013 02:01:30 pm

Don't sit on the fence man.  >:(
      Tell us what you really think.  ;)
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,130 posts | 455 
      Reply #47: Jun 15, 2013 04:01:59 am
      I  don't want Torres back here ever again. 
      andymac7565
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,088 posts | 23 
      Reply #48: Jun 15, 2013 09:09:32 am
      I don't want Torres back either i just don't agree he's a total C**t
      He's just same as all the rest of these top players.

He does what he thinks is best for HIS career..
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #49: Jun 15, 2013 09:13:22 am
      Why is this thread still open..?

We would never take back Torres, we dont need him and he has clearly shown he can no longer be the player he was.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #50: Jun 15, 2013 09:57:36 am
      I don't want Torres back either i just don't agree he's a total C**t
      He's just same as all the rest of these top players.

He does what he thinks is best for HIS career..
      I agree with you but instead of saying he does what he thinks is best for his career I would of put he does what he thinks is best for his pocket.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,160 posts | 1288 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #51: Jun 16, 2013 03:12:57 am
      Why are people so against Torres but still pro Rafa, rafa actually managed Chelsea.

Because Torres is a c**t. It really is that simple. He disrespected us in an unforgivable manner. For that he has no place here ever again.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #52: Jun 16, 2013 04:42:04 am
      Other than Ian rush, the only player I have ever got properly upset about when they left though each situation was very very different.

Genuinely was in shock, grief and mourning during that period.

Don't wish him any massive ill will but the fact that his performances on the whole for the chavs has been pretty poor does give me a little satisfaction.

When Suarez leaves I certainly won't feel the same as I have learnt that the modern footballer at times is a fickle breed.

LFC is bigger than any player and our success has always been down to club and not player.
      Carlos Qiqabal
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,119 posts | 56 
      Reply #53: Jun 16, 2013 10:22:42 am
      I wouldn't mind seeing him back for approx 10 million and an appropriate wage cut.

I think a lot of his problems are mental, he has improved his all round game lots and could really flourish in our team - especially if Suarez stays. Things is, I'm still worried we don't have a clinical enough finisher - Sturridge and Suarez are far from clinical despite the strengths in the rest of their game so I think Torres would be a punt worth taking.

At the time he left the club wasn't measuring up to his ambitions - fact - and unlike Owen or Stevie Mac we came out well from the deal financially. I strongly believe there was much more going on behind the scenes in that transfer than has been made public.

Obviously it might take a few games for fans to adjust - especially those ones who were acting like teenage girls dumped by their first boyfriend when he left. Hopefully it will be a reminder to everyone that these are just players and the good of the club should be our main focus.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,333 posts | 8607 
      Reply #54: Jun 16, 2013 02:15:48 pm
      Hopefully it will be a reminder to everyone that these are just players and the good of the club should be our main focus.

That's why you don't re-sign Torres, especially when he still looks troubled by that left knee and is still a shadow of the player we had here.

tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,268 posts | 927 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #55: Jun 16, 2013 02:32:10 pm
      Burnt his bridges good riddance
      Carlos Qiqabal
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,119 posts | 56 
      Reply #56: Jun 16, 2013 04:31:04 pm
      That's why you don't re-sign Torres, especially when he still looks troubled by that left knee and is still a shadow of the player we had here.

There's a famous experiment where a person is given 100 pounds and told to separate it into two piles - the first is earmarked for him and the second for another test subject. The second test subject looks at the two piles and decides if he is happy with the split - if he is, both subjects get to keep the money and if he isn't both people leave with nothing. The experiment is then repeated with another two people and so on.

Turns out that emotion and fairness play a massive part in decision making. If the money is split 50:50 both parties leave with the money - once it gets to the region of person 1 getting around 80 pounds and person 2 being offered 20, it becomes increasingly rare that the 2nd person is happy with the deal and both leave with nothing. But looking at it objectively the intrusion of emotion into the decision making is stupid. If you were the second person and you were offered a single pound and person 1 got 99 pounds that's still 1 pound more than you had before - the lesson is there's a threshold at which your emotions cost you money (which is the objective of the experiment).

What I meant with my post was you take emotion out of the decision making completely.

If you think he's not worth 10 million due to the knee injury then fair enough.

But whether or not he is a "shadow of the player we had" doesn't really matter - the question is whether we get a certain amount of value at a pricepoint. Part of being ruthless is separating emotion from decision making and that's what we need to get back to the top.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #57: Jun 16, 2013 05:01:48 pm
      Can someone lock this up?  If there's any chance of it happening then it's worth a thread, which there is not.
      Jono 40
      • Forum Youth Player

• 5 posts |
      Reply #58: Jun 16, 2013 05:38:11 pm
      Have him back

It's a no from me
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #59: Jun 17, 2013 06:07:02 pm
      Torres for Suarez? That's like getting rid of a Ferrari and getting your first ever beaten up Ford Fiesta back...

Give your head a wobble!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,333 posts | 8607 
      Reply #60: Jun 17, 2013 06:20:35 pm
      There's a famous experiment where a person is given 100 pounds and told to separate it into two piles - the first is earmarked for him and the second for another test subject. The second test subject looks at the two piles and decides if he is happy with the split - if he is, both subjects get to keep the money and if he isn't both people leave with nothing. The experiment is then repeated with another two people and so on.

Turns out that emotion and fairness play a massive part in decision making. If the money is split 50:50 both parties leave with the money - once it gets to the region of person 1 getting around 80 pounds and person 2 being offered 20, it becomes increasingly rare that the 2nd person is happy with the deal and both leave with nothing. But looking at it objectively the intrusion of emotion into the decision making is stupid. If you were the second person and you were offered a single pound and person 1 got 99 pounds that's still 1 pound more than you had before - the lesson is there's a threshold at which your emotions cost you money (which is the objective of the experiment).

What I meant with my post was you take emotion out of the decision making completely.

If you think he's not worth 10 million due to the knee injury then fair enough.

But whether or not he is a "shadow of the player we had" doesn't really matter - the question is whether we get a certain amount of value at a pricepoint. Part of being ruthless is separating emotion from decision making and that's what we need to get back to the top.

Or the simple F***ing argument, which is he's sh*te, get over it!
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #61: Jun 17, 2013 06:22:03 pm
      Or the simple f**king argument, which is he's sh*te, get over it!

king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,130 posts | 455 
      Reply #62: Jun 25, 2013 04:02:13 am
      Someone should ask Torres has the defenders in the premier league improved or have you gone sh*t?  He once said that he didn't rate many defenders in the EPL.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #63: Jun 25, 2013 11:14:58 am
      Torres thrived in a team set up that was all about playing to his strengths, he was similar at Atletico as to what he is at Chelsea, he'd score goals just wouldn't be as prolific, Rafa squeezed %110 of Torres's ability out of him by playing to his strengths, which he did try to recreate in his short time at Chelsea, Torres will never reach the heights he achieved here ever again,  he's far from finished as he'll always score goals but he'll never be known as the  most lethal striker in europe again.

So for that reason, I'm out.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #64: Jun 25, 2013 11:19:06 am
      Can someone move this thread.  It's not a rumour.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #65: Jun 25, 2013 11:46:44 am
      Can someone move this thread.  It's not a rumour.

How's about stop twisting and whining on like a little girl ?

Not every discussion has to be a rumour.

Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #66: Jun 25, 2013 04:01:09 pm
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #67: Jun 25, 2013 04:17:50 pm
      Meh... I like this rule myself - http://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php/topic,37.0.html especially this bit:

Forum Rules
      ----------------

7) DON'T ARSE AROUND OR BE A WIND UP MERCHANT (WUM) - Morons are not allowed to spoil the enjoyment of people on this forum. Remember - this is a forum for you and your fellow Liverpool fans.  We're all on the same side here.  Users who continually go off topic, or appear to be on a mission to wind up fellow users will not last long.

RedLFCBlood
      Reply #68: Jun 25, 2013 04:34:10 pm

Were discussing a hypothetical situation if it was to arise about a current player and a former player, if you can't see the difference in that from discussing any one and every one without a source then you've got sh*t between your ears.

Moderators have commented in the the thread and its still open, what does that tell you ?

Now let the Moderators do the job  that they are actually capable of doing and run along and stop being a little girl.

Quick Reply