Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 15th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P13 W6 D5 L2

Transfer Topic Mamadou Sakho (PSG)

Read 38410 times
      Red5man
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Re: Mamadou Sakho (PSG)
      Reply #46: Aug 21, 2013 01:54:53 pm
      What's your opinion on him mate? Did his development stagnate a little bit this last 2 years?

I'm fond of him mate. He's got the physical ability to match anyone in the world but he was also moved from striker in his youth so he is technically gifted too. He lacks a bit of pace but makes up for it with above average awareness. Left footed like Agger too so maybe it isn't a perfect fit here.

I don't think PSG is looking to sell straight away unless the fee blows them away. Loan is more likely.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #47: Aug 21, 2013 01:56:19 pm
      I'm fond of him mate. He's got the physical ability to match anyone in the world but he was also moved from striker in his youth so he is technically gifted too. He lacks a bit of pace but makes up for it with above average awareness.

I don't think PSG is looking to sell straight away unless the fee blows them away. Loan is more likely.

PSG want to loan, FSG love to loan, it's perfect.
      harrydunn08

• 5,924 posts | 967 
      Reply #48: Aug 21, 2013 01:57:53 pm

I'd take him on loan in a heartbeat!!  Would add quality cover at CB while allowing young Wisdom to be slowly integrated into the 1st team at CB. 
      Stevie-G
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,730 posts |
      Reply #49: Aug 21, 2013 02:05:59 pm
      But they don't love wages, do they?
      Red5man

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #50: Aug 21, 2013 02:07:57 pm

He is not on massive wages I don't believe
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #51: Aug 21, 2013 07:49:30 pm

Well they do in some respect. They don't like paying the wages when the player is at our club but when he is out on loan at another club it is okay to pay his wages. Just like they are all for giving players a pay off to leave the club.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #52: Aug 21, 2013 07:54:53 pm
      Well they do in some respect. They don't like paying the wages when the player is at our club but when he is out on loan at another club it is okay to pay his wages. Just like they are all for giving players a pay off to leave the club.

Just out of interest, do you remember a fair few players getting new contracts and pay rises last summer?
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #53: Aug 21, 2013 07:58:38 pm
      Just out of interest, do you remember a fair few players getting new contracts and pay rises last summer?

Like? Also the contracts are now bonus related more than a higher weekly wage, as highly documented with Suarez'.
      instride01
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 147 posts |
      Reply #54: Aug 21, 2013 08:03:12 pm
      Just off the top of my head in the last year there were the first pro contracts of Sterling, Wisdom and Suso as well as new deals for Skrtel, Agger, Suarez and now Stevie.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #55: Aug 21, 2013 08:07:39 pm
      Just off the top of my head in the last year there were the first pro contracts of Sterling, Wisdom and Suso as well as new deals for Skrtel, Agger, Suarez and now Stevie.

Half of which were done around the time they started the new way of working the contracts.
      harrydunn08

• 5,924 posts | 967 
      Reply #56: Aug 22, 2013 05:17:41 pm
      So, with BR suggesting that Wisdom could go out on loan it looks like we will be getting an experienced CB in.  I would be plenty pleased if we got Sakho (even if only on loan) and loaned Wisdom out to get some 1st team minutes at CB this season.  That would give us 4 solid, experienced internationals (Agger, Toure, Sakho, and Skrtel) competing for 2 positions, with Kelly being able to cover at CB if we hit an injury crisis.  It would also give us 2 left footed CB's (Agger and Sakho) and 2 right footed (Toure and Skrtel).  Think this would be good enough to get us through this season as we don't have any midweek European trips to look forward to distract us   :f_tongueincheek:
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #57: Aug 22, 2013 06:19:11 pm
      I think Sakho can play at left back as well, can't he?
      Or at least FM says so.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #58: Aug 22, 2013 09:12:16 pm
      So, with BR suggesting that Wisdom could go out on loan it looks like we will be getting an experienced CB in.  I would be plenty pleased if we got Sakho (even if only on loan) and loaned Wisdom out to get some 1st team minutes at CB this season.  That would give us 4 solid, experienced internationals (Agger, Toure, Sakho, and Skrtel) competing for 2 positions, with Kelly being able to cover at CB if we hit an injury crisis.  It would also give us 2 left footed CB's (Agger and Sakho) and 2 right footed (Toure and Skrtel).  Think this would be good enough to get us through this season as we don't have any midweek European trips to look forward to distract us   :f_tongueincheek:
      I think we should keep Wisdom and get him in league cup games. If he gets loaned out that won't get him eased into our team.
      AlexLFC95
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,393 posts | 56 
      Reply #59: Aug 22, 2013 09:32:55 pm
      Transfer Central TNC ‏@TransferNewsCen 1h

Le Parisien are reporting that Mamadou Sakho has informed PSG that his preferred destination is Liverpool.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #60: Aug 22, 2013 09:35:03 pm
      Transfer Central TNC ‏@TransferNewsCen 1h

Le Parisien are reporting that Mamadou Sakho has informed PSG that his preferred destination is Liverpool.

Ah right. Wonder where he'll end up then?
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #61: Aug 22, 2013 09:36:05 pm

:D

Sad but true mate isn't it, quality defender according to a lot of reliable people.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #62: Aug 22, 2013 09:37:04 pm

Probably Spurs  :P
      AlexLFC95
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,393 posts | 56 
      Reply #63: Aug 22, 2013 09:37:55 pm
      I don't know but probably anywhere but here  :laugh:

To be fair though I'd say we'd be a decent choice for him, he wants first team football to get in the France squad, we can offer him the opportunity to fight for a place and get in the limelight a little.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #64: Aug 22, 2013 09:42:37 pm
       We used to get "come and get me". These days, it's more "come and offer me 2/3 of what I'll get elsewhere". Nice way of finding out your market value if you aren't sure I guess. 
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #65: Aug 23, 2013 06:44:16 pm
      Think he'd be a great fit here to be honest and if his preferred destination is here he probably feels confident  enough he can force himself into our starting XI as its all about playing football for him now.
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,933 posts | 283 
      Reply #66: Aug 23, 2013 08:55:07 pm
      Think he'd be a great fit here to be honest and if his preferred destination is here he probably feels confident  enough he can force himself into our starting XI as its all about playing football for him now.
      Would really like this guy and only a year left on his contract so think he will move. With that said he wont be able to force a move if we offer them a packet of peanuts, which should be by far the biggest concern at the moment.
      Red5man

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #67: Aug 23, 2013 08:57:10 pm
      I think Sakho can play at left back as well, can't he?
      Or at least FM says so.

He would never feature at LB for us, hasn't the pace to get up and down the flank. I can't imagine any situation where we are even forced to try him there.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #68: Aug 23, 2013 09:49:09 pm
      He would never feature at LB for us, hasn't the pace to get up and down the flank. I can't imagine any situation where we are even forced to try him there.

Agreed the  only concern I'd have which is minimal would be having two left footed center backs as a pairing, but there's been right footed pairings at clubs the length and breadth of the country that haven't really suffered for it.

Quick Reply