Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 15th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P1 W1 D0 L0

Luis Suarez- It's time to forgive, forget, and get behind him.

Read 22475 times
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Re: Luis Suarez- It's time to forgive, forget, and get behind him.
      Reply #23: Sep 09, 2013 08:35:54 pm
      If he helps us to the champions league this year then we'll forget, believe that.

Well you can have a short memory if you want, either by choice or circumstance ;P, I will not.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,374 posts | 1030 
      Reply #24: Sep 09, 2013 08:40:05 pm
      Well you can have a short memory if you want, either by choice or circumstance ;P, I will not.
      Get over it.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #25: Sep 09, 2013 08:40:33 pm
      Forgive?

No, I understand to an extent what he wanted, he deserves to play cl football with the ability he has but the way he went about it was sh*te..

Personally I'd never boo any Liverpool player or get on their back but is it the same with Luis now? No never..

He doesn't give a sh*t about us, we are a stepping stone, he will be gone soon.. I will support the side as always but I won't go out of my way for him anymore.

Forgive? Not really no, understand? Yes..

What's done is done..

Have a good season we benefit and he gets his move..

I won't slag him off and won't let other sets of fans but he has made his bed..

We all move on this season until it comes up again in a few months
      « Last Edit: Sep 09, 2013 08:56:32 pm by Paisleydalglish »
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,930 posts | 971 
      Reply #26: Sep 09, 2013 08:40:37 pm
      I am indifferent towards Luis now.  I will cheer every goal, assist, run, tackle, or any other good moment he has in an LFC jersey because it will be good for the club.  If/when he leaves, it will not bother me as long as we get fair value for him.  As long as he is here I will support him for no reason other than I support the entire team. 

However, he has lost that extra bit of respect that I hold for players who serve the club loyally, who do their job and don't complain if they aren't selected, players like Carra, Hyypia, Gerrard, Agger, Lucas, etc. 

If/when he leaves, he will be firmly placed in the same bracket as Owen, Torres, Mascherano, Riera, etc.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #27: Sep 09, 2013 08:47:56 pm

Where did I say I wasn't over it, I just said I wouldn't forget.  Maybe you could learn to read posts properly, or just get over 'yourself'.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #28: Sep 09, 2013 08:49:21 pm
      Exactly.

Like I said to someone on this forum a month ago......what are you going to do when he scores ... boo him?

Some of the stuff he was called was deplorable considering he was always and remained a Red.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,215 posts | 3392 
      Reply #29: Sep 09, 2013 08:54:42 pm
      During the course of my working week I discuss football with lots of people, of various persuasions in terms of who they support. Mostly there's a bias towards the London teams, but there's also a fairly hard core of Manc supporters as well, with the odd Citeh fan still having sawdust on his shoulders from crawling out of the woodwork. During this bolloxy fortnight where we have to endure seeing Hodgson trying to get England to qualify, most fans are discussing other issues, the main one which is the return of our best player.

It's only when you really listen to fans of other teams that you realise just how much they hate Luis. When you ask them why? They tell it's because he's a racist and they hate racists (he isn't obviously), they tell you it's because he dives and they hate divers (even though their own team inevitably has divers) or they tell it's because he's a "greedy b***ard" (even though their own players earn more), or because he "completely disrespected you lot" as if they care about us. The real reason they hate him of course is because not only is he a fantastic player, he's got the will to win of a warrior and because of that he's box office. They'd all love to have him in their team, and THAT'S why they hate him (along with obviously a fully orchestrated establishment campaign against him, led by the prime minister).

So why should we forget that Luis flashed his knickers at other clubs, if indeed we should? Well, firstly although it got loads of publicity (back to the media campaign against him again) he did no worse than many have done before him. Secondly, his frustration with our owners and the clubs lack of progress was hardly remarkable given most peoples opinions on the forums. Thirdly though, and this is the clincher for me, he and our manager have obviously sorted things out and they clearly have a pact that neither will discuss the terms of the agreement. I'd expect Brendan to stick to it, but Luis has surprised a few and disappointed even more in the media by keeping schtum too.

This is the crux for me. Cameron, the papers, the SKY tossers and the football establishment would love nothing more than the Liverpool fans to turn on him, or even for the Liverpool fans to display indifference towards him. It kills two birds with one stone, it demoralises our best player and it allows them to puff their cheeks out and say they were right all along about the "racist", the "disgrace to the game". How silly were we to back him in the first place they'll tell us, they'll laugh at our fan base for bothering to previously support a guy who simply wants to shaft the club.

Well not for me. I don't believe for one second the verdict of Fergies Kangaroo court, I don't believe for one second that lying c*** Evra. Yes Luis shouldn't have bitten Ivanovic, but I don't believe for one second anyone else in the game would have got a 10 game ban. He's given the club 110% every single time he's pulled on the shirt (aside from pre season this time) and I've no doubt when he comes back he will again. He's our best player, and when he pulls on the shirt he's a red, he's one of us. Others can suit themselves, but I won't be doing the bidding of the FA and filling up the forums with messages telling Luis to f*ck off, nor will I get aboard the bandwagon of fans who refuse to back him as they did previously. Everyone does stupid things sometimes, Luis has done stupid things sometimes, but I think he deserves our support. I'd absolutely love it if after the most concerted media campaign against a player in history, and after some frankly sh!te behaviour in the summer from the player himself, our fans refused to play ball and turn their backs on him. I'll be listening out to the crowd when we play Swansea, and Luis's song booming out would fill me with pride about our supporters. It's time, get behind Luis.         

I'll tell you here and now Mick, I won't forgive or forget what he's done.

He blatantly lied about my club. That is simply unforgivable. You can wanna leave by all means but do it in the right manner don't go making sh*t up just to get the move done quicker. And then when you realise you're stuck with the current situation say you're happy about being here. If he was happy, the whole debacle wouldn't of happened in the first place. The excuses got worse week by week by week.

"I wanna play Champions League football even though I left Champions League football with Ajax to move to Liverpool"
      "The English press are hounding me out that's why I'm happy to move to Arsenal" (a bit like Ray Houghton wanting to move down south to be nearer his family which is why he went to Aston Villa.)
      "Liverpool said they would allow me to talk to a club if a bid of more than £40 mill was made even though there is no such clause in the contract"
      "Liverpool said they'd let me leave if they failed to make the Champions League even though the PFA (the organisation that is designed to do what's best for players) said there was no such clause in the contract"

I can't forget that amount of bullshit.

If or when he scores, I'll celebrate the way I do any goal for my club. But I will never have the same affection for him I used to.

All this talk of if he gets us in the Champions League does me F***ing nut in an all. This is not Luis Suarez Football Club, it's Liverpool Football Club. And every single game there'll be 11 players on the pitch. If we get to the Champions League, we get there as a team. If we miss out, we miss out as a team. It's not about one individual player and I think Brendan has made this perfectly clear to his "group" throughout the summer.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,374 posts | 1030 
      Reply #30: Sep 09, 2013 09:01:10 pm
      All this talk of if he gets us in the Champions League does me f**king nut in an all. This is not Luis Suarez Football Club, it's Liverpool Football Club. And every single game there'll be 11 players on the pitch. If we get to the Champions League, we get there as a team. If we miss out, we miss out as a team. It's not about one individual player and I think Brendan has made this perfectly clear to his "group" throughout the summer.
      Might be worth mentioning that, as this little part here was most likely directed at me, I did say help us to the champions league which is what individuals do to help the "group".
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,215 posts | 3392 
      Reply #31: Sep 09, 2013 09:09:04 pm
      Might be worth mentioning that, as this little part here was most likely directed at me, I did say help us to the champions league which is what individuals do to help the "group".

It wasn't aimed at anyone in particular.

It was a generalisation that Luis Suarez will not get us in the Champions League. The whole team/squad/group will - including Suarez.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,374 posts | 1030 
      Reply #32: Sep 09, 2013 09:13:43 pm
      It wasn't aimed at anyone in particular.

It was a generalisation that Luis Suarez will not get us in the Champions League. The whole team/squad/group will - including Suarez.

But the individuals in the squad would have to help, do you agree?
      The Dark Knight
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 45 posts | 11 
      Reply #33: Sep 09, 2013 09:31:38 pm
      Don't be so sure because regardless of making the Champions League or not, clubs will be in for him again next summer.
      Only one club was in for him this summer, what makes you so sure loads will be in for him next year? And that club was Arsenal. Real Madrid needed a striker and could have probably had Suarez for a far lesser price than Bale, Bayern's manager is brother of Suarez' agent and could have found a way to manufacture a deal, Barcelona opted for the less experienced, less talented (at this time) Neymar. You see, Suarez comes with vast amounts of baggage and these teams know it. He's a great player but big clubs like to sign players who can be attractive to sponsors and the like thesedays; unfortunately, Suarez clearly does not fit that criteria. Only Arsenal bid for him despite their knowing we were unlikely to sell to them, and that's because they were desperate for a striker and 'marquee' signing.

Personally, I love watching the guy play football for Liverpool. He only does stupid things rarely, majority of the time what he produces is sensational and a joy to watch. After the bite on Ivanovic though I decided I didn't care whether he stayed here or left (to play abroad). Just can't believe he did such a thing after he'd already dragged our name through the mud and we backed him to the hilt in the process. Then with the way he tried to depart this summer, well, it was a disgrace. Started with a lie (blaming the media), then he summoned newspapers over for interview to air his discontent. Sorry but that's not what being a Liverpool football player is about, no matter how good you are. Can guarantee had it been someone not at his level, say someone of Joe Allen's level, the fans would have wanted him out and made sure he was sold.

However I will support him while he wears our shirt, I will sing his song when necessary and hope that he continues to perform wonders for us. I'm very much prepared now for when it is he does leave, probably next year.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,215 posts | 3392 
      Reply #34: Sep 09, 2013 09:46:31 pm

But the individuals in the squad would have to help, do you agree?

Well obviously but the end result won't be done alone, it'll be done collectively.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #35: Sep 09, 2013 09:54:18 pm
      As far as I'm concerned he did what he did its over now until the next time it raises its head, really hoping this season could be a turning point for us and if that means getting Behind Rodgers, Suarez and the rest of the squad then they all have my support.

David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,333 posts | 774 
      Reply #36: Sep 09, 2013 10:07:41 pm
      I think Suarez just needs to concentrate on football, playing as a team member helping the side to better things, winning trophies etc, we all know what a great player he is, but the problem is, a leopard never changes his spots and this again could prove his undoing, but I truly hope that I am proved wrong.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,374 posts | 1030 
      Reply #37: Sep 09, 2013 10:12:39 pm
      Well obviously but the end result won't be done alone, it'll be done collectively.
      Hence the word help.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #38: Sep 09, 2013 10:15:17 pm
      what makes you so sure loads will be in for him next year?

I didn't say loads of clubs would be. I said "Clubs" as in there will be a club out there who would look to sign him. I didn't mention anything about Madrid or Munich so I'm not sure why you're going off down that line.

If you honestly think that there wont be a club out there that would look to sign him then you need to give your head a wobble, especially if he is just as good as last season (and doesn't bite anyone)
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,945 posts | 287 
      Reply #39: Sep 09, 2013 10:23:10 pm
      Sticking my neck out, if we get champs league next season, he will be here unless real bid or he leaves in Jan as we're out of contention.
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,802 posts | 892 
      Reply #40: Sep 09, 2013 10:38:59 pm
      If we are top of the League come January... he will stay ;)
      Arrie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,763 posts | 64 
      • Being safe is risky nowadays.
      Reply #41: Sep 09, 2013 10:45:45 pm
      Whether anyone agrees with his actions this summer or not, its irrelevant now. He plays to his best and I don't see how he couldn't get into our team let alone any other.

fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #42: Sep 09, 2013 10:59:36 pm

Careful, Luis will bite it!
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #43: Sep 09, 2013 11:07:14 pm
      Forgive, yes,

Back him, yes

Forget, no.

Summed it up for me too mate
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,365 posts | 4973 
      Reply #44: Sep 09, 2013 11:13:34 pm
      While he went about things totally the wrong way and I'll never forget how he tried to almost force his way out I do see why he did it as in his eyes he was mislead and Luis being Luis was always going to react how he did.

But while he is here he will give 100% on the pitch and so like any other player that plays for us this season he'll have my 100% support.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,388 posts | 1543 
      Reply #45: Sep 09, 2013 11:58:16 pm
      Have to agree, it's not Louis Suarez Football Club and all that, and it is a squad collectively that wins anything, but that little bit of genius can sometimes make the difference between success and failure.
      To many times in the recent past, we just get to build something decent, then instead of going to the next level, for whatever reason, we go and sell our star players. We now seem to be building something decent again, and also have some good stability within the club. This is not the time to let our best players go, but to get behind them. If any or all of them are pining for C L then we all know, only too well, that this is the time to keep investing and building to attain that, and to keep the better players here. Now the issue has been resolved, I can't wait to see Louis back myself.

Quick Reply