Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

Swansea City v Liverpool FC 16/9/13 KO 8pm

Read 25439 times
      brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Re: Swansea City v Liverpool FC 16/9/13 KO 8pm
      Reply #69: Sep 13, 2013 06:49:17 pm
      When the mancs played them I really thought Swansea would beat them,then I saw the team sheet!! No bony.
      Now to me laudrup really fu**ed up here the front two of michu and particularly bony would of put the shits up their back line,but as is always teams tend to sh*t it against them and go one up front.

Can't see him making that mistake again,but I reckon a one nil win with maybe Sturridge scoring:-)
      little-Luis:)
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #70: Sep 13, 2013 07:43:27 pm
      We can't play 3 at the back.

They play practicaly 4 players wide. Up against our 2 wide players ( in a 3-5-2). If one central defender goes wide to cover, it exposes our 2 other CBs vs Bony & Michu.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #71: Sep 13, 2013 09:11:15 pm
      So looking forward to this seems like an age since we last played ,dont give a flying fck about the performance if i am honest ,sure i would love to smash a few past them and win it at a canter , just dont see us doing that at the moment , a scrappy 1 0 going in off someones arse end wouldn,t bother me just so long as we gather the three jewels at the end.
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #72: Sep 13, 2013 09:36:31 pm
      Going for a 2-1 victory to us for a change (we have to concede sometime!) hope Sturridge is in from the start, also Skrtel deserves the start after his performance against the Mancs.
      Never wished a weekend over as much as this one.
      COYR !!!!
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #73: Sep 13, 2013 10:54:13 pm
      Can we get a poll up?
      DaktionLFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,084 posts | 84 
      Reply #74: Sep 14, 2013 03:11:29 am
      This won't be easy by any stretch, however,
      WE are top of the league and full of confidence, if we get at them early the pts will be ours,

With Glen out I'd go;

Mignolet
      Toure. Skrtel Agger Enrique
                 Gerrard Lucas
      Henderson. Coutinho Moses
                    Sturridge

Bench; Jones, Sakho, ilori, Aspas, Sterling,
                  Wisdom, Ibe

Not playing til Monday suits us fine, we'll know what's needed by then,
      Brendan will want to negate Michu & Bony and control midfield, do this we'll win,
      although we're facing a toughy I believe we will do them black jacks,

another 0-1 will do for me,

Get up and at em Redmen,

YNWA

I like this lineup.  the only thing I can think of is that as much as I dig toure, he doesnt have the pace as he used to... might be exposed by swansea running down the flank.  plus he is a boss playing in one of the middle spots.  imo either move skrtel or give our new boy sakho a run.  ilori could play there as well.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,334 posts | 4960 
      Reply #75: Sep 14, 2013 09:09:07 am
      RedWilly

• 9,213 posts | 1646 
      Reply #76: Sep 14, 2013 10:46:25 am
      Win again here, in a tough game and I'll really start to believe we could do something special this season.

Winning will set us up nicely for what should be an easier run in. Listening to the Anfield Wrap earlier and the lads were talking about how if we manage to win and perform right up until Xmas, it will give us a nice cushion for when we have a tougher run of games, taking some of the pressure off us later on in the season.

Going with another 1-0 and Sturridge with the winner!
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #77: Sep 14, 2013 12:18:59 pm
      I've got a better feeling about this now.. even if the D man is out!

I reckon Henderson will be used as our outlet, with Coutinho playing in his preferred role. Starting Moses would be ideal in my opinion. Hate seeing Coutinho play left mid.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,973 posts | 5033 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #78: Sep 14, 2013 01:00:43 pm
      I've got a better feeling about this now.. even if the D man is out!

I reckon Henderson will be used as our outlet, with Coutinho playing in his preferred role. Starting Moses would be ideal in my opinion. Hate seeing Coutinho play left mid.

Who is the D man fella ? Do you mean Sturridge or Agger ?
      Canuck33
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 345 posts | 19 
      Reply #79: Sep 14, 2013 01:08:16 pm

I have a feeling he means Sturridge.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #80: Sep 14, 2013 01:08:25 pm

I thought he meant Suarez.... D man.... demon :D
      Canuck33
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 345 posts | 19 
      Reply #81: Sep 14, 2013 01:29:34 pm
      I thought he meant Suarez.... D man.... demon :D

Good one!
      Brilliant Babbel
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 510 posts | 10 
      Reply #82: Sep 14, 2013 07:30:26 pm
      interesting run of results today...we're still joint top. In fact, if we win Monday, we'll go 3 points clear  :o
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,374 posts | 1030 
      Reply #83: Sep 14, 2013 07:57:06 pm
      Yeah it's good to see those top 4 dropping points all over the place, Man City and Chelsea (even if its at the expense of those lot getting 3 points) both getting poor results.
      I think Monday is the stage where we see if Liverpool have the bottle and whether they can really contend this season.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,544 posts | 1544 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #84: Sep 14, 2013 08:31:45 pm
      I live near Swansea, and what with the gaffer recently being a part of their set up, this is one of the few games I start getting really edgy over
      redtiler
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,132 posts | 127 
      Reply #85: Sep 14, 2013 08:40:14 pm
      Yeah it's good to see those top 4 dropping points all over the place, Man City and Chelsea (even if its at the expense of those lot getting 3 points) both getting poor results.
      I think Monday is the stage where we see if Liverpool have the bottle and whether they can really contend this season.
      Could'nt put it better about mondays game mate, but the season is only four games in. 
      Every game needs us to show bottle, and belief.  Come crimbo, we should have some idea where we 'should' be.
      kenny
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,314 posts | 76 
      Reply #86: Sep 14, 2013 08:46:23 pm
      If Sturridge plays we'll win, if not, it has a draw written all over it but we might sneak a rare 1-0 win  :f_tongueincheek:

I don't remember the time i was so excited about a Monday and Tuesday in my life.

Monday - Super Reds
      Tuesday - GTA V

:laugh:
      lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #87: Sep 14, 2013 09:16:37 pm

Monday - Super Reds
      Tuesday - GTA V

:laugh:

Teen pregnancies will be at an all time low after Tuesday.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,374 posts | 1030 
      Reply #88: Sep 14, 2013 09:56:30 pm
      Could'nt put it better about mondays game mate, but the season is only four games in. 
      Every game needs us to show bottle, and belief.  Come crimbo, we should have some idea where we 'should' be.

Yeah true, early days yet. I just feel that it's a big test of our confidence considering its the first time we've went in to a weekend, top on points.
      It would be interesting to know the last time we won 4 PL games in a row in the same season.
      Scottbot

• 9,625 posts | 2160 
      Reply #89: Sep 14, 2013 10:51:47 pm
      Just hoping we can put in a performance on a Monday night for the first time in I don't know how long, I can't remember the last time we won one. To be honest a draw wouldn't be such a bad result away to this lot because they're a good side at home. It's a shame we haven't got them after a Europa League tie because they probably don't have the squad to cope with it.

A few suggestions going about in here, can't say I'd be be too entranced with us playing three at the back in this one either, as has been pointed out they play with a lot of width and I imagine our back three would get pulled all over the place OR we get pinned back in a back 5. I wouldn't fancy Big Kolo out at FB either because as good as he has been this season you wouldn't him playing in space against someone like Nathan Dyer. I expect Kolo will come in for Skrtel and we'll see young Wisdom come in for Jonno. I would have no problem with that, Wisdom isn't ready to be a Premier League CB (I'm not sure he will ever be good enough to play there for us tbh) but he is more than capable of filling in at FB. I'm expecting Aspas to keep his place but I do wonder if BR might be tempted to replace him with Moses for this one.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #90: Sep 15, 2013 09:58:58 am
      MUST WIN! At this stage it would be fantastic to be 3 ahead of Arsenal and Spurs and then 5 ahead of the Mancs, Citeh and the Chavs!!
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,385 posts | 1542 
      Reply #91: Sep 15, 2013 10:42:32 am
      I'll be happy with a 1 - 0 win, but the way we allow teams to come at us second half, if we're ahead, puts the shits up me. They only have to get a lucky defelected shot go in and we don't have a lot of trime to reply. We gotta get at them for 90 mins to prevent this happening. At least go 2 up before we sit back. Got us down for a 3 - 0 but not if we drop back like we have done at 1 - 0. Keep the F***ing pressure on. We always look great for 40 mins, gotta make it 90

Quick Reply