Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 15th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P15 W6 D4 L5

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the Match: Mancs v LFC

Simon Mignolet
      15 (17.2%)
      Kolo Toure
      19 (21.8%)
      Jose Enrique
      10 (11.5%)
      Martin Skrtel
      5 (5.7%)
      Mamadou Sakho
      8 (9.2%)
      Steven Gerrard
      0 (0%)
      Lucas Leiva
      10 (11.5%)
      Jordan Henderson
      1 (1.1%)
      Luis Suarez
      18 (20.7%)
      Daniel Sturridge
      1 (1.1%)
      Victor Moses
      0 (0%)
      Raheem Sterling
      0 (0%)
      Martin Kelly
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 84

Voting closed: Sep 28, 2013 09:56:18 pm

Man Utd 1-0 Liverpool: In Game and Post Match Debate

Read 34204 times
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Re: Man Utd 1-0 Liverpool: In Game and Post Match Debate
      Reply #552: Sep 25, 2013 11:40:33 pm
      I still think it was Stevie's fault. Or both of 'em at least.

How is it Stevies fault though mate? The bloke at the front post tries to head it clear but if it's too high for him to get to it, what do you suggest he does?
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,501 posts | 4840 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #553: Sep 25, 2013 11:41:36 pm
      How is it Stevies fault though mate? The bloke at the front post tries to head it clear but if it's too high for him to get to it, what do you suggest he does?

Grow his neck.
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,044 posts | 537 
      Reply #554: Sep 25, 2013 11:45:41 pm
      I'm still completely at a loss as to why the goal was Gerrards fault as some were claiming at the time? Maybe people were listening to it on the radio in their car or something?

He was on the near post and misread the flight of the ball. He stepped towards it and ended up underneath it when he should have cut it out.
      Other than that i thought he played ok, as did the rest of our midfield.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #555: Sep 25, 2013 11:46:50 pm
      It was never Stevie's fault, he was in the right position the cross just took him out of the game, the fact that there's their best poacher, a guy renowned for scoring tap ins and finding space in the area had 5 yards of clear space surrounding him was all Enrique's fault.

QuicoGalante
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,509 posts | 120 
      • Uruguay 2030
      Reply #556: Sep 25, 2013 11:50:07 pm
      As i pointed, Enrique was asigned to Hernandez, but to be fair, Hernandez did a fantastic job to elude him. Another player blocked Enrique, allowing the mexican to escape. Its not like he didnt jump, or watched the ball, or was outrun. He was outsmarted by a good combination of moves
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #557: Sep 25, 2013 11:54:14 pm
      As i pointed, Enrique was asigned to Hernandez, but to be fair, Hernandez did a fantastic job to elude him. Another player blocked Enrique, allowing the mexican to escape. Its not like he didnt jump, or watched the ball, or was outrun. He was outsmarted by a good combination of moves

Enrique lost his man. He wasn't blocked off.... just outsmarted.

MAN UTD 1-0 Liverpool | #مانشستر_يونايتد 1 : 0 #ليفربول 25 9 2013
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,628 posts | 3859 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #558: Sep 26, 2013 12:00:03 am
      Just to revisit the "it was their reserves" comments I've seen. I've been of the opinion all season that Ferdinand is flat out finished and Evans is the better player these days. The left back is a youngster (albeit quite a good one), while Nani, Rooney, Kagawa, Hernandez, De Dea etc are hardly second string players of the like you run into every week. Put it this way, if THAT team played in the Premiership under another name they'd finish top eight at least.

Lovely stat on Twitter for you.

United "reserves" 1500 mins first team football.
      Liverpool 11.1000 mins first team football
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,372 posts | 1540 
      Reply #559: Sep 26, 2013 12:04:32 am
      Well I thought we needed to atart with Kelly at R.B. Hendo D.M. with Lucas, and Stevie pushed up where he could inflict more damage.
       It didn't happen but hey ho, Pissed off we lost to the tw*ts and gollum, but so pleased with, not only our first half performance, but the fact we actally played o.k. throughout the second half. Along with the many missed chances, did notice Sturridge could have had 2 if onl;y he'd have been able to use his right leg. Frustrating that is.
      Any way, as the footy was decent, I'm glad we've  made some sort of recovery on our second half performances of late. Need to carry it on now into Sunday.
      QuicoGalante
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,509 posts | 120 
      • Uruguay 2030
      Reply #560: Sep 26, 2013 12:04:58 am
      You are right. DOnt know why i saw the play differently when i watched the game
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,844 posts | 6785 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #561: Sep 26, 2013 12:07:25 am
      A far too regular occurrence, Enrique switching off, cost us the goal and marred a very good performance from him.  Never a corner though, should have been our free kick. Overall though, a poor final ball cost us all game, we just didn't seem to quite connect up front. A bit more composure from Henderson and a better first touch from Moses, Suarez & Sturridge, at times and it could easily have been a different story. 

This all day long.

F***ing gutted. Enrique had one momentary lapse of concentration and it knocked us out of 1 of the 3 chances we had at Silverware this season. F**k!!!

Looking at the lineups, Brendan put out a strong team. Their front6 looked good but their back line looked vulnerable. Can't believe we didn't expose them enough. Luis still looked the most likely but Sturridge didn't want to pull the trigger. A few games together and hopefully both will be firing.

Still shattered. Hate losing to those cu*ts know matter what.
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #562: Sep 26, 2013 12:08:09 am
      we lose to team like southampton and weak man utd team , lf lose to team like sunderland then talk of top 4 only dream, l fed up other clubs called us dippers, till start beating weak teams then we always end up midtable sorry just piss off lose to them cu*ts, tonight
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,044 posts | 537 
      Reply #563: Sep 26, 2013 12:12:56 am
      Was starting to doubt my own memory, but that vid confirms it, even if it is a bit jumpy.
      I thought gerrard took one step forward but he actually takes 2. He totally misread the flight.
      Enrique should still have come accross but he was expecting stevie to meet the ball, which he should have done comfortably.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,399 posts | 6406 
      Reply #564: Sep 26, 2013 12:15:38 am
      Not the ones who don't like the club being treated like sh*te.

It's a short term solution. He will be gone next summer anyway

He'll be gone this January.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #565: Sep 26, 2013 12:18:16 am

And he will still be here longer than Brendan if Brendan doesn't buck his ideas up.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,399 posts | 6406 
      Reply #566: Sep 26, 2013 12:19:23 am
      And he will still be here longer than Brendan if Brendan doesn't buck his ideas up.

FSG aren't going to get rid of Brendan...that would cost them more money.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #567: Sep 26, 2013 12:21:21 am
      FSG aren't going to get rid of Brendan...that would cost them more money.

Relegation would cost them more. Panicking.... me ? :)
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,399 posts | 6406 
      Reply #568: Sep 26, 2013 12:23:11 am
      Relegation would cost them more. Panicking.... me ? :)

We won't get relegated. Even with our poor form, we should be able to make 6th easily. But I'm not as confident in top 3 as I was unless Coutinho gets back here right quick and in a hurry.

lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #569: Sep 26, 2013 12:26:19 am
      taught bad of manger, not play some younger players , we should rest some players give other guys chance, now look bad lose to them like southampton and weak man utd team, these cup should be about trying your younger players
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #570: Sep 26, 2013 12:27:05 am
      We won't get relegated. Even with our poor form, we should be able to make 6th easily. But I'm not as confident in top 3 as I was unless Coutinho gets back here right quick and in a hurry.

Unless we spend big at Christmas I think 5th or 6th will be about it mate even with Coutinho. Moyes has said that the mancs are two players short..... Brendan had to take his shoes and socks off when asked the same question :)
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #571: Sep 26, 2013 12:28:54 am
      we could get top 4 lf get good midfield in january, that seems our weak link, team we have look top 6
      hoganov
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,715 posts | 162 
      Reply #572: Sep 26, 2013 02:29:06 am
      Just watched the game on LFC tv. Though we played well for most parts. Thought our defence ws excellent apart from the goal of course. Its very frustrating that we spent so much on our defence during the summer and totally ignored our midfield. Gerrard has gone completly off the boil. I hate saying it about a living legend and our captain but a couple of games on the bench would do him good. We could easily do without him against Sunderland.

TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #573: Sep 26, 2013 04:31:25 am
      Frustrating one from the bits I've managed to see, which admittedly wasn't too much, unfortunately. It seems we were the better side, but once again undone by lax marking on a set piece. Worst of all is how you let one of the league's best finishers have that kind of run. That's the difference, really. Sh*te marking on a corner again.

Midfield seemed to sit really deep from the clips I've watched. That's irritating and indicative, I think, of the lack of mobility that's evident in each of Gerrard and Lucas as individuals. They just don't have the legs.

Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,530 posts | 1517 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #574: Sep 26, 2013 06:19:14 am
      Supporting the team as ever. I hope Brendan appreciates the vote of confidence, not sure he totally deserves it.
      There is no bitterness about how he was treated, says an awful lot about KK. Not sure that FSG deserved him!
      A single encouraging comment from the King for our current manager, yet you use it to have a dig at the boss

Quick Reply