Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 3rd of June and on this date LFC's match record is P3 W3 D0 L0

"We Need To Talk About Gerrard."

Read 153730 times
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,889 posts | 6819 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Re: "We Need To Talk About Gerrard."
      Reply #759: Mar 17, 2014 04:34:28 am
      Led from the front as only he can do. A World Class performance from our Skipper and loved, absolutely loved his post match interview. Pumped me up even more.

“I think we’ve shown today that we’re genuine contenders and we’re going to fight to the end for this.”

Inspiring.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #760: Mar 17, 2014 06:33:46 am
      World Class.  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 32,348 posts | 4968 
      Reply #761: Mar 17, 2014 08:46:33 am
      Fantastic yet again yesterday and alongside how well he has been playing he also has a look like he thinks it's on this year.
      DeanoLFC
      • Forum John Toshack

• 259 posts | 18 
      Reply #762: Mar 17, 2014 08:58:32 am
      I Think he's had some new legs implanted  8)
      Madscouser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,814 posts | 67 
      Reply #763: Mar 17, 2014 09:02:01 am
      I Think he's had some new legs implanted  8)

I think Dr peters has helped him train his Chimp  :whip:
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #764: Mar 17, 2014 02:08:22 pm
      Whacks in the first penalty and is all like "Yeah….whatevs."

Then BANG 2-0 and he's like "Awwwwwww yeah."

What a boss.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #765: Mar 17, 2014 02:32:01 pm
      I think Dr peters has helped him train his Chimp  :whip:

After the London Olympics and religiously following the cycling I bought The Chimp Paradox. Little did I know that Steve Peters would be appointed just a few months later by Rodgers! Great move and I think he's done a great job on the mental side of things.
      Madscouser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,814 posts | 67 
      Reply #766: Mar 17, 2014 03:10:24 pm
      After the London Olympics and religiously following the cycling I bought The Chimp Paradox. Little did I know that Steve Peters would be appointed just a few months later by Rodgers! Great move and I think he's done a great job on the mental side of things.

Im still reading the book. Fascinating stuff. I've got a huge amount of respect for what Sir Dave Brailsford has done and continues to do - the aggregation of marginal gains - with Team GB and Team Sky.
      Madscouser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,814 posts | 67 
      Reply #767: Mar 17, 2014 03:12:15 pm

PS - I was in the velodrome for "CT002" - when Hoy and Pendleton won Gold on the Friday.... seriously, the atmosphere in there that day cannot be adequately described. Incredible.
      Dannylfc
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #768: Mar 17, 2014 03:18:33 pm
      His best season since 08-09?
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #769: Mar 17, 2014 03:51:54 pm

Easily. He's been immense this second half.

I thought our midfield was better without him, but I am so glad I was wrong. He's got a couple years left in him, easily.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,728 posts | 3945 
      Reply #770: Mar 17, 2014 04:01:00 pm

100%

Nearly 34 and still looking so fit and agile. Adore the man!
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,930 posts | 971 
      Reply #771: Mar 17, 2014 04:13:00 pm
      I thought our midfield was better without him, but I am so glad I was wrong. 

I thought the same thing mate.  Mentioned a few times that while Stevie was still our best CM, our best midfield trio looked to be Lucas, Hendo, and Allen based on the way they played when we dominated Spurs and Cardiff.  However, Stevie has adapted to the deep lying CDM role fantastically, and he is probably the best CDM in the world right now.  I can't think of another player that can match his range of passing, composure in possession, and strength in the tackle.  Hopefully he finally gets the league winners medal he deserves!!
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,150 posts | 3385 
      Reply #772: Mar 26, 2014 11:39:19 pm
      If we take it that Stevie has played this "role" from and including the Stoke game, here's our going in the League...

Played 11, won 9, drew 2, lost 0, points 29 out of 33.

Yet another magnificent performance from the skipper in the "role". Didn't play as many as his trademark passes due to being pushed up on heavily but also didn't seem to panic when they did. He played the clever little passes to somebody in space and allowing them the opportunity to move the play forward. One dodgy pass I remember where Adam Johnson almost cut it out.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,374 posts | 1030 
      Reply #773: Mar 27, 2014 10:21:07 am
      On evidence of what we have seen from the skipper this season, I think it's clear that we really don't have to talk about Gerrard (unless we are praising his tits off). In respect of the captain, I think it would a good idea to take down this thread, or at least suspend it until further notice.

I understand it's a forum and we are here to discuss all aspects of LFC, including it's players, but I believe a "We need to talk about Joe Allen" or "We need to talk about Iago Aspas" thread would be more appropriate.
      andymac7565
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,088 posts | 23 
      Reply #774: Mar 27, 2014 10:27:55 am
      Another top shift from the main man last night

Everyone by me was buzzing when he scored the free kick

Then gave Luis a little gentle spin

Loved it

LEGEND..
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #775: Mar 27, 2014 10:33:12 am
      In fairness internet football boards are always awash with theories about players, managers and formations. Some prove to be correct, some not. I know I've been proven to be spouting bollocks on many occasions, it happens to the best of us.

bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #776: Mar 27, 2014 10:33:23 am
      On evidence of what we have seen from the skipper this season, I think it's clear that we really don't have to talk about Gerrard (unless we are praising his tits off). In respect of the captain, I think it would a good idea to take down this thread, or at least suspend it until further notice.

I understand it's a forum and we are here to discuss all aspects of LFC, including it's players, but I believe a "We need to talk about Joe Allen" or "We need to talk about Iago Aspas" thread would be more appropriate.

It's kinda fun just circle-jerking about him though, be honest.

;D
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 32,348 posts | 4968 
      Reply #777: Mar 27, 2014 11:53:55 am

The thread can still be used to talk about him in a positive way. ;)

Those players place in the side, form and how they are used have a much lower impact on our success than Stevie so it was still a worthwhile discussion especially since we have learned as time has went on Brendan has been grooming Gerrard for the role he has now since early in the season and why he probably persisted with him and Lucas together when it didn't seem to have any benefit to us who don't coach footballers.

In fairness internet football boards are always awash with theories about players, managers and formations. Some prove to be correct, some not. I know I've been proven to be spouting bollocks on many occasions, it happens to the best of us.

Indeed. :D

manwithnoname
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 991 posts | 31 
      Reply #778: Mar 27, 2014 01:01:32 pm
      Happens to some more often than others. This is the funniest train wreck of a thread I've ever seen.

Starting at Page one, I defy anyone not to be convulsing with a mixture of horror, pity and laughter within 2 minutes
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #779: Mar 27, 2014 03:30:35 pm
      Happens to some more often than others. This is the funniest train wreck of a thread I've ever seen.

Starting at Page one, I defy anyone not to be convulsing with a mixture of horror, pity and laughter within 2 minutes

Which perfectly sums up your entire existence on this forum.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 32,348 posts | 4968 
      Reply #780: Mar 27, 2014 03:41:56 pm

I only get to see his ramblings now as so many of you lot seem keen to quote him.

Give us a break eh. :f_whistle:
      manwithnoname
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 991 posts | 31 
      Reply #781: Mar 27, 2014 04:12:08 pm

Why do you keep following me around yapping witless abuse? I must have really upset you.

Quick Reply