Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

"We Need To Talk About Gerrard."

Read 153618 times
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,665 posts | 3899 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Re: "We Need To Talk About Gerrard."
      Reply #1242: Oct 02, 2014 12:01:19 pm
      How about currently Stevie is surrounded by "players" that have a distinct look of couldn't give a F**k, hence why his own performances have suffered greatly...

More to the point, two of the players that would work well with him in midfield are both out injured.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #1243: Oct 02, 2014 12:06:10 pm
      The same questions. Except there not really questions of Gerrard, more of Brendan.
      1 - Stevie works better in a 3 man midfield nowadays.
      2 - Stevie can't play, at his peak, 3 games a week.
      3 - Who the F**k do we play instead of Stevie.

Not just those, he went a-wandering a few times, leaving huge gaps behind him and I'd become accustom to him doing the right thing, splitting the centre backs when a full back broke, last night, on far too many occasions he failed to do this and that's tactical, not pace related and when  he did drop back, more than once he was on Lovren or Skrtel's toes, when the attack broke down.  I've seen talk that at least we still have his set pieces, even those are on the wane, even when he had off games in the past, he'd put really good balls that troubled the opposition from free kicks in wide positions and at the moment, I'd prefer to see Henderson take them.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,665 posts | 3899 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #1244: Oct 02, 2014 12:07:50 pm
      Not just those, he went a-wandering a few times, leaving huge gaps behind him and I'd become accustom to him doing the right thing, splitting the centre backs when a full back broke, last night, on far too many occasions he failed to do this and that's tactical, not pace related and when  he did drop back, more than once he was on Lovren or Skrtel's toes, when the attack broke down.  I've seen talk that at least we still have his set pieces, even those are on the wane, even when he had off games in the past, he'd put really good balls that troubled the opposition from free kicks in wide positions and at the moment, I'd prefer to see Henderson take them.

and I'd love to see a

Can
           Hendo
                              Allen

midfield given a run out.
      Unfortunately two of those are injured, oh and Suso is out now too.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 32,347 posts | 4967 
      Reply #1245: Oct 02, 2014 12:20:24 pm
      The same questions. Except there not really questions of Gerrard, more of Brendan.
      3 - Who the F**k do we play instead of Stevie.

That's it in a nutshell mate.

Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #1246: Oct 02, 2014 12:41:46 pm
      and I'd love to see a

Can
           Hendo
                              Allen

midfield given a run out.
      Unfortunately two of those are injured, oh and Suso is out now too.

Have to be honest,  I'm not Allen's biggest fan, for me it would be Coutinho there, wouldn't be surprised to see that deployed a few times this season though.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,704 posts | 7164 
      Reply #1247: Oct 02, 2014 12:44:15 pm
      He was just so quiet and ineffective last night against a very average side. Playing to deep for me its not working in all the games maybe time to change things about.I still think he would have been better out wide right and if its too much for him then the bench is the place for him.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,665 posts | 3899 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #1248: Oct 02, 2014 12:56:46 pm
      Have to be honest,  I'm not Allen's biggest fan, for me it would be Coutinho there, wouldn't be surprised to see that deployed a few times this season though.

It would be nice to have the options there that allow sensible use of the skipper.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #1249: Oct 02, 2014 01:35:19 pm
      It would be nice to have the options there that allow sensible use of the skipper.

I think Can will be the option and I'm one of the few that still thinks, used sparingly, Lucas can still do a job for us.
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #1250: Oct 02, 2014 06:33:26 pm
      The same questions. Except they're not really questions of Gerrard, more of Brendan.
      3 - Who the f**k do we play instead of Stevie.

well well well , so who's fault is that after spending 100 mil on new players, we still havent got a replacement for stevie ?
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #1251: Oct 02, 2014 08:00:53 pm
      well well well , so who's fault is that after spending 100 mil on new players, we still havent got a replacement for stevie ?

Lucas and Can, for where he plays now.
      Scally21
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 991 posts | 71 
      Reply #1252: Oct 03, 2014 01:07:01 am

Another point that needs raising. It's been said in many pages on this forum that we're lacking leadership.

Until now we didn't need a captain who would shout and bawl, Stevie used to lead merely through example and actually being on the pitch. Playing him more than once a week where he is now he can't exude that same gravitas. It's not enough that he's on the team sheet if he's not performing or not being allowed to play in a position where he doesn't look like a mug.

It's all about confidence. How are the new or young players going to get confident when their talisman is being ripped to shreds on the pitch?
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #1253: Oct 03, 2014 04:35:57 pm
      Lucas and Can, for where he plays now.

Lucas ? We're better in 10 men than with Lucas in the squad, and Can is a prospect, i was thinking on a first team player, someone like Khedira
      asharma.lfc
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 652 posts | 26 
      Reply #1254: Oct 03, 2014 05:22:15 pm

Lucas ? We're better in 10 men than with Lucas in the squad, and Can is a prospect, i was thinking on a first team player, someone like Khedira
      :lmao:

The most dominating game i have seen from us last season was against Spurs away. We never gave them any space and pressed them to depth. Lucas was one of the top performers of that game. Yet once Gerrard came back , we was moved out of position. I thought he was good against Boro too.
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #1255: Oct 03, 2014 05:28:34 pm
      Another point that needs raising. It's been said in many pages on this forum that we're lacking leadership.

Until now we didn't need a captain who would shout and bawl, Stevie used to lead merely through example and actually being on the pitch. Playing him more than once a week where he is now he can't exude that same gravitas. It's not enough that he's on the team sheet if he's not performing or not being allowed to play in a position where he doesn't look like a mug.

It's all about confidence. How are the new or young players going to get confident when their talisman is being ripped to shreds on the pitch?

And vice versa. How is Stevie supposed to have the confidence to be able to perform to the best of his ability, when he has no faith in his surrounding team-mates?

Scally21
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 991 posts | 71 
      Reply #1256: Oct 03, 2014 05:43:51 pm
      And vice versa. How is Stevie supposed to have the confidence to be able to perform to the best of his ability, when he has no faith in his surrounding team-mates?

Erm, because he's supposed to be the one that carries the confidence of the manager onto the pitch maybe?
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 32,347 posts | 4967 
      Reply #1257: Oct 03, 2014 05:46:02 pm
      when he has no faith in his surrounding team-mates?

He should have faith in his team mates. Its not as if Stevie's from is drastically better then anyone else's.

Team game after all.
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      Reply #1258: Oct 03, 2014 06:00:25 pm
      He should have faith in his team mates. Its not as if Stevie's from is drastically better then anyone else's.

Team game after all.

Would you? When at the moment they can't string three passes together? When every game is virtually guaranteed to concede a goal? When you can't see where your next goal is coming from? Yeah, SG is playing like sh*t. But so is everyone else. How is he supposed to lift them all? We've had over a decade of over relying on him. It's about time the burden fell to someone else. He's earned the opportunity to no longer be the one to pull us out of a hole.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #1259: Oct 03, 2014 06:17:09 pm

That post would keep my roses happy.

heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1260: Oct 03, 2014 06:19:35 pm
      Would you? When at the moment they can't string three passes together? When every game is virtually guaranteed to concede a goal? When you can't see where your next goal is coming from? Yeah, SG is playing like sh*t. But so is everyone else. How is he supposed to lift them all? We've had over a decade of over relying on him. It's about time the burden fell to someone else. He's earned the opportunity to no longer be the one to pull us out of a hole.

He lifts them by lifting himself, he is by in my opinion one of the worst performers at the moment, so for him to being have a go at his team mates is rather pathetic. I am absolutely convinced that the team would play better without him.
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      Reply #1261: Oct 03, 2014 06:32:05 pm
      He lifts them by lifting himself, he is by in my opinion one of the worst performers at the moment, so for him to being have a go at his team mates is rather pathetic. I am absolutely convinced that the team would play better without him.

So once again, Stevie G has to find the inspiration to lift LFC. Most very fair.

lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #1262: Oct 03, 2014 06:43:22 pm
      steven one best players to play for these club, but he on way down l feel manger wont drop him, even lf he playing really bad
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #1263: Oct 03, 2014 06:46:54 pm
      bet you when can back or we buy other cm, manger still play steven even lf no use to team longterm, that could be down fall of manger
      Scally21
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 991 posts | 71 
      Reply #1264: Oct 03, 2014 06:58:47 pm

So once again, Stevie G has to find the inspiration to lift LFC. Most very fair.

That is the role of the captain is it not? He's the heart and soul of the club and provides us with an identity. The problem as a whole right now is who have we got within our squad to take on that mantle? Nobody - that's who!

Quick Reply