Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

Pre-match thread: Arsenal vs Liverpool 2nd November 17:30

Read 17892 times
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Re: Pre-match thread: Arsenal vs Liverpool 2nd November 17:30
      Reply #138: Nov 02, 2013 11:28:12 am
      I'm trying to be more realistic with my predictions this year and have predicted my first non LFC  victory !
      I've gone for a 1-1 draw but on  current form we can batter the gunners.

Out last night for a wee drink and a meal and an 18th birthday celebration, but I digress; struck up a conversation with a lad after several wee drinks and he asked me if I was a Red and what did I think the outcome would be, adding that he thought it might be 1-1 also.
      Forgetting myself and with the help of the wee drinks mentioned I responded with ''F**k that it's a three pointer lad''!!
      It was only when the guy stepped back defensively I could see I was too enthusiastic with my forcast, it was all sound tho and we had a laff.
      Needless to say I have no reservations about that forcast here and so it's F**k that it's a three pointer!
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,605 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #139: Nov 02, 2013 11:29:38 am
      Well, the game is nearly here  ;D Hoping to catch as much of it as I can. Important match for both teams, can't wait to see us face off against them - just want to get it started at this stage. It's all over the media that this is a litmus test for both sides, each one in good form. And from purely football point of view, hope it's a cracker.

To Luis and Daniel - this is the stage lads, show em all what you can do!!!!!!!!!!!! CMON U REDSS!!!!!!!!!!
      AlexLFC95
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,393 posts | 56 
      Reply #140: Nov 02, 2013 11:46:31 am
      We should have our strongest squad of the season today, I'd start Coutinho on the bench.

Imagine having Kelly, Agger, Allen, Moses, Coutinho, Alberto and Jones on the bench. We actually have players on the bench who can change the game.

Won't be able to watch this as I'm out tonight but I honestly believe we will win.

Come on you reds.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #141: Nov 02, 2013 12:16:21 pm
      I wouldn't say it is the biggest game in the league so far.  I don't think many Arsenal and LFC fans, as well as the pundits, seriously imagine that us two will be engaging in a two horse race all the way to the end.

It's probably our most intriguing game so far. The whole Suarez affair has added some extra spice to it.  Plus it's a good test to see where we are at against an in form Premier League team.  We came unstuck against a form side in Southampton, and if we're being honest - we haven't really faced a decent side yet.

Wenger says the pursuit of Luis Suarez might have been 'provocative' but that was not meant to be the case.
      What was the case exactly?
      Wind up?
      Unsettling the player?
      Club politics?
      Tactical manoeuvering?
      Any of the alternatives are as negative as the initial premise, Wenger was sh*t stirring end of.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #142: Nov 02, 2013 12:28:29 pm

True, but then again--does anyone?  ;D
      Justin fashanu :f_whistle:
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #143: Nov 02, 2013 12:30:50 pm

Haha well in nice one Andy.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #144: Nov 02, 2013 12:32:23 pm
      Wenger says the pursuit of Luis Suarez might have been 'provocative' but that was not meant to be the case.
      What was the case exactly?
      Wind up?
      Unsettling the player?
      Club politics?
      Tactical manoeuvering?
      Any of the alternatives are as negative as the initial premise, Wenger was sh*t stirring end of.

Naivety. They assumed because they have a policy of selling to their rivals if the price is right, that we would as well. Its typical of the way Arsenal do business and precisely the reason why they haven't won a trophy in so long.
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,940 posts | 285 
      Reply #145: Nov 02, 2013 12:39:14 pm
      This is the game of the season so far. Quietly confident, we have a potent strikeforce and hopefully will add Cou to that. 2-4 to the mighty LFC. Come on boys!
      little-Luis:)
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #146: Nov 02, 2013 12:39:15 pm
      Sounds as if the line up stays unchanged; Mignolet, Toure Strktel Sahko, Johnson Cissohko, Lucas Hendo Gerrard, Suarez Sturridge.

Can't complain, it's the line up I wanted.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #147: Nov 02, 2013 12:39:46 pm
      Naivety. They assumed because they have a policy of selling to their rivals if the price is right, that we would as well. Its typical of the way Arsenal do business and precisely the reason why they haven't won a trophy in so long.

As negative as any of the above and as you say as influential in their lack of trophies recently.
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #148: Nov 02, 2013 02:27:06 pm
      Can anyone confirm KO time? forum clock says 2 hrs 7 mins ! I thought it was 5-30pm 6-30 C.E.T. ?
      MsGerrard
      Reply #149: Nov 02, 2013 02:27:23 pm
      Our biggest test so far this season, and the result will tell us how far we've come this season, I'm quietly confident we can get something from this game, it's sure to be a tasty encounter between the sides, taking into account the Suarez situation, he's bound to be booed by the home fans, but that will just make him even more hungry to score  :scarf:

Looking forward to see Coutinho at some stage of the game, think BR will have him on the bench but unleash him on the tired Arsenal defence late in the second half.

If we play to our best, we'll beat them.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #150: Nov 02, 2013 02:29:24 pm
      Can anyone confirm KO time? forum clock says 2 hrs 7 mins ! I thought it was 5-30pm 6-30 C.E.T. ?

Kick off is 17.30 Frizz
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #151: Nov 02, 2013 02:30:22 pm
      Cheers Cas, so forum clock is wrong, right ?
      ozk
      • Forum Youth Player

• 23 posts |
      Reply #152: Nov 02, 2013 02:31:19 pm
      Looking forward to see Coutinho at some stage of the game, think BR will have him on the bench but unleash him on the tired Arsenal defence late in the second half.

Exactly!!

Chelsea lost! Let's go top of the league!
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,625 posts | 2160 
      Reply #153: Nov 02, 2013 02:36:40 pm
      I think we're up to 2nd without kicking a ball! Would be nice to be able to post in the "we are top of the league" thread again!

Great news that Flamini is out for them, I would argue he has had more impact on Arsenal than Ozil so far.

Always worried about going to their place, more so than the likes of City or Chelsea because of the expansive way Arsenal play but our record at the Emirates isn't that bad and I've got a good feeling about the game. I'd take a draw all day but a win would really announce us as a side who might actually have some pretentions to making a run at the top spot.
      BostonScouse
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 715 posts | 106 
      Reply #154: Nov 02, 2013 02:38:46 pm
      Gone up to 2nd on GD without having even played!

Love it when our rivals drop points, especially at a place we've just gone and gotten a result.

Thanks NUFC.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,545 posts | 1544 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #155: Nov 02, 2013 02:39:36 pm
      Buzzing

If ever there was a game to give us a great idea of where we are in terms of challenging, this is the game.

They won't come much more difficult than this one

Arsenal 1 v 2 Liverpool

EDIT: That 2-2 draw at Newcastle doesn't look too shabby now does it?
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,975 posts | 5035 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #156: Nov 02, 2013 02:48:56 pm
      Got a great feeling about today, same side as last week, Gerrard, Lucas, and Hendo can certainly match Ramsay, Ozil Arteta their defence is extremely dodgy while our back line should cope comfortably against Giraffe or whatever the F**k his name is,
      SaS wil create f***in mayhem and I can see us grabbing all. 3 pts, Chavs have lost to Toon 2-0 so a extra incentive for the Redmen ,

Top spot is ours tonight we just need to believe and I think Brendan will spell this out at 5.25pm

Beating the goons in their own back yard certainly sends a message to the rest of front runners that Liverpool are truly in the mix this season

YNWA
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #157: Nov 02, 2013 02:50:30 pm
      Really looking forward to this game. I think it is a good indicator of where we are in our development, and while it is a vital game doesn't (for me at least) have the same stomach churning, nerve wrenching, venom of playing the mancs.

I think we can win this one and wouldn't take a draw now if offered, although if we do draw the game I will consider it a good result.

come on you reds!
      MsGerrard
      Reply #158: Nov 02, 2013 02:53:48 pm
      Cheers Cas, so forum clock is wrong, right ?

I can't see the forum clock Frizz, so I wouldnt know if it's wrong or not, but it's deffo a 5.30 kick off !!
      Fowler#23
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 872 posts | 37 
      Reply #159: Nov 02, 2013 02:54:05 pm
      Absolutely buzzing for this game, even more so now with the news from St James's. Fancy Suarez to rip Arsenal's defence a new one. Took 6/1 on him FGS with the Irish bookie, money back if Suarez or Sturridge is last scorer in the game. Come on lads kick off can't come soon enough!
      QuicoGalante
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,509 posts | 120 
      • Uruguay 2030
      Reply #160: Nov 02, 2013 02:56:30 pm
      Chelsea lost, fantastic chance to go top of the league, and get a health point difference with them

Quick Reply