Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

May as well be first...I think we're going to seriously challenge for the title.

Read 111576 times
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Re: May as well be first...I think we're going to seriously challenge for the title.
      Reply #1058: Apr 02, 2014 11:13:20 pm
      Lets make it happen Bill. Nearer the time we'll do some number swaps and stuff and at the very least we can have a couple of bevvies. We're crowding into some apartments in Beaumont St off of Parliament st I think, I'll defo let you know where we're going. 

Be nice to see you again Mick, sorted by trip up today.  Best £80 I've spent in a while.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,685 posts | 3906 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Re: May as well be first...I think we're going to seriously challenge for the title.
      Reply #1059: Apr 03, 2014 12:30:38 am
      Coming over from Ireland without match tickets. Would love to get some but the banter will be unbelievable anyway if we can do it!

Ticket prices have gone through the roof.
      Only a mad man, or rich b***ard, would look for a ticket to that now.
      little-Luis:)
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #1060: Apr 03, 2014 10:40:31 am
      Coming over from Ireland without match tickets. Would love to get some but the banter will be unbelievable anyway if we can do it!

ha are you going aswell? I have flights booked alright but nothing else.

Ticket prices have gone through the roof.
      Only a mad man, or rich b***ard, would look for a ticket to that now.

I got €90 return. Going out from Knock, back into Shannon. Ryanair have/had a sale on for Shannon-Liverpool.
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #1061: Apr 03, 2014 02:16:34 pm
      Heres a crazy thought, what if we win the league before the Newcastle game? Away to Palace maybe? Sure why not. Then we can all enjoy the last game of the season.

Who knows, we could lift it after the Chelski match! Its in our hands!
      Markvkeulen
      • Forum Youth Player

• 13 posts |
      Reply #1062: Apr 03, 2014 03:07:12 pm
      Coming over without tickets too, if we are still in it. And we will :)
      I'm glad that I booked my hotelroom for the final weekend already in February. Not many rooms left in Liverpool centre now.

Still hoping for tickets. 0,000001% chance in General Sale I think haha. And returns sale even less chance ;)

Hollywood Balls
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,802 posts | 469 
      • PhD, School of Hard Knocks, University of Life.
      Reply #1063: Apr 04, 2014 10:48:27 am
      I don't take any thrashings off the mancs. Like most fans, I can't stand the mancs. So the idea of our fans wanting them to get results is incomprehensible to me.

So you would rather give up the league than lose to the mancs?

You need to have a serious word with yourself - the entire point of us playing is to win the league, by giving that up you have already lost to the mancs. It shows how clueless you are about football.
      Alicus
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 988 posts | 15 
      Reply #1064: Apr 05, 2014 12:26:30 pm
      hey bigmick, sorry to poop on your parade, but i called us winning the league exactly one day before you :P

https://twitter.com/awesome_alicus/status/400113068379623424
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,889 posts | 704 
      Reply #1065: Apr 06, 2014 02:49:11 am
      Quote from Hollywood Balls
      You need a serious word with yourself - the entire point of us playing is to win the league

You need a timely reminder. The entire point of this season was to make the Top 4. Anything more was a bonus.

When Everton beat the mancs, it didn't cost us. When Spurs beat the mancs, it didn't cost us. When Chelsea beat the mancs, it didn't cost us, and when City beat the mancs, it didn't cost us.

The results speak for themselves. We win our remaining games, we win the league. If we don't, it will be the points we dropped in our games that will decide our fate, not what others do against the mancs. I'm very happy with my long standing anti-manc game policy, and I don't see it changing any time soon.
      zz19a
      • The Mighty REDS 19
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,605 posts | 166 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1066: Apr 06, 2014 03:45:22 am
      To me, the match against West  Ham will be the most important.  We cannot affort to slip up. Once we over come that our next match is against Man Shitty, do not need much motivation, they know how significant that match will be.

Beat them, we will be in driving sit and another 4 matches away.

Tonite match can be the banana skin, so we must be careful and play with all our strengh,heart and soul, avoid complacency.

Oh, can't wait for it to start. 12 hours+ more to go.

YNWA.     :aaliverpool2xt1: :action-smiley-035:
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #1067: Apr 06, 2014 08:21:47 am
      I believe the lads knew they have came a long way and along the way we went pass Arsenal, Man Utd, Spurs and now left with only Man City and Chelsea. With or without a sheikh or an oil tycoon, the lads will proof to the world that we are the dirty dozens and nobody gave us a ghost of a chance to be where we are now and now we're gonna fight to the end till the last of our warrior falls, and it's only 6-games away from the "Hall Of Fame".

In all honesty, I think Maureen and Pelligrini is in much greater pressure to win and deliver while BR has surpassed all expectations. So when these billion dollar clubs comes round to Anfield, be scared, very scared of the Anfield roar and we're waiting.

But be cautious, very cautious, we need to do a proper job first against West Ham.

Hollywood Balls
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,802 posts | 469 
      • PhD, School of Hard Knocks, University of Life.
      Reply #1068: Apr 06, 2014 09:00:15 am
      You need a timely reminder. The entire point of this season was to make the Top 4. Anything more was a bonus.

When Everton beat the mancs, it didn't cost us. When Spurs beat the mancs, it didn't cost us. When Chelsea beat the mancs, it didn't cost us, and when City beat the mancs, it didn't cost us.

The results speak for themselves. We win our remaining games, we win the league. If we don't, it will be the points we dropped in our games that will decide our fate, not what others do against the mancs. I'm very happy with my long standing anti-manc game policy, and I don't see it changing any time soon.

ha ha incredible - it's a long time since I've seen stupidity this entrenched  :lmao:

Chelsea and City are our rivals for the title this season - currently Chelsea are top of the table and City are a point behind us with a game in hand - clearly we are now under more pressure to win today than if either of those teams had less points if they hadn't beaten the mancs so it is unarguable that it HAS cost us. Whether those extra points leads to them pipping us the the title remains to be seen.

If City win THEIR remaining games they win the league - which would not be the case if Man United had won their match so your point is, as usual, bollocks. It's not quite as dimwitted as your comment about scientists being "paid to discover things and invent stuff" but it's getting there.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #1069: Apr 06, 2014 12:12:50 pm
      Be nice to see you again Mick, sorted by trip up today.  Best £80 I've spent in a while.

Same mate, I'll be in touch nearer the time.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #1070: Apr 06, 2014 11:23:36 pm
      74 points now, which is probably near enough what I was hoping for at the beginning of the season .... and we have still five games to play. Fantastic performance by Brendan and the team.

Just a pity we won't finish sixth .... then I could say I was right :)

lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #1071: Apr 06, 2014 11:31:08 pm
      My head still says top 3 would be a fantastic achievement, but my heart is full of belief that 2nd is the least we deserve and 1st is not beyond a fantasy.

I am proud beyond my wildest expectations of the boss and the players.

Feels lovely to be in a situation where our wonderful performances, strength and consistency is finally all coming together and to know we have a very very good chance of bringing the title home founded on such positive and exciting footy.

Brilliant stuff.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,224 posts | 3395 
      Reply #1072: Apr 06, 2014 11:35:10 pm
      Once again, F**k the challenge side of things now.

We're gonna win the League!!!
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,910 posts | 6833 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1073: Apr 07, 2014 07:00:12 am
      Agree DLS, we have come this far....5 to Go...We're gonna win the League!

I'm so happy where we are at the moment but F**k me in all honesty, I'd be shattered if we didn't see Stevie lifting that trophy. We deserve it more than any other team, this season.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,685 posts | 3906 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #1074: Apr 07, 2014 10:36:31 am
      5. To. Go.

:couch:
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,481 posts | 4596 
      Reply #1075: Apr 07, 2014 10:41:03 am
      I think what's driving us on is fear, fear of not grasping this opportunity with both hands.

I tell thee it's written :D
      daveyd
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,670 posts | 35 
      • Jürgen Klopp to take us back to the top
      Reply #1076: Apr 07, 2014 10:57:45 am
      Yesterday was the one i feared most. Thank fcuk it's over 3pt's in the bag, now i'm really starting to believe it's our's. Not believing in all ''the hype from everyone in the media who seem to be building us up waiting for us fail'', but believing in the ''belief''that seem's to be oozing from the club,the fan's etc. This dream is getting closer to reality.
      lfc across the water
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,889 posts | 704 
      Reply #1077: Apr 07, 2014 03:34:15 pm
      Quote from Hollywood Balls
      Chelsea and City are our rivals for the title this season - currently Chelsea are top of the table and City are a point behind us with a game in hand

Wrong.

clearly we are now under more pressure to win today it is unarguable

Wrong again. Regardless what the rivals got up to, we had to win, and we won.   

It's between us and City for the league title. Chelsea are kaput since they lost at Palace. Technically they can win the league. So too can Spurs.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,224 posts | 3395 
      Reply #1078: Apr 07, 2014 03:52:02 pm
      It's between us and City for the league title.

And yet you want City to win.

You're not a Liverpool fan, you're a fan of whoever plays Man United.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #1079: Apr 07, 2014 04:04:24 pm
      Personally I would rather look back on this season as the year we won the league again, rather than the year in which Citeh beat the mancs and then Citeh won the league.

When Everton play Citeh I will be hoping for an Everton win.... even if it means Everton get CL football if it also means we win the league.

Any result by any team that increases our chances of winning the league has to be welcomed imo.
      lfc across the water
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,889 posts | 704 
      Reply #1080: Apr 07, 2014 04:17:54 pm
      Quote from dunlop liddell shankly
      And yet you want City to win.

You're not a Liverpool fan, you're a fan of whoever plays Man United.

I've explained the position enough times. If you haven't got it by now, then that's unfortunate.

Quick Reply