Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 14th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P15 W6 D4 L5

Rodolfo Borrell & Frank McParland Sacked?

Read 20928 times
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,030 posts | 3960 
      Re: Rodolfo Borrell & Frank McParland Sacked?
      Reply #184: Nov 23, 2013 09:23:11 am

Take this with however many grains of salt etc etc....
      Borrell is said to have had words with BR about, for want of a better phrase, burning the younger players out; maybe the conversation went something like:  "if the squad was bigger Brendan we wouldn't have to throw the kids in at the deep end''.

"I've got no choice".

"Well for the good of the the team have a word with bollocks and tell him to get his hand in his F***ing pocket".
      "SORRY MR HENRY DIDN'T SEE YOU THERE".

[/quote]
      « Last Edit: Nov 23, 2013 09:36:36 am by stuey »
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,963 posts | 5019 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #185: Nov 23, 2013 09:50:23 am
      Can't dismiss what your saying Stuey, it might be all down to money or lack there of,
      What if BR put a request in for X amount of £ for the jan window and was told to sell before you buy,
      With BR. already working with financial constraints and with no real sellable assets at his disposal it could be he had no choice,
      I hope to F**k that's not the case, if so it's time for FSG, Henry, Werner et al to ship out and F**k off,

Having to asset strip to fund further additions is one thing , being forced to rid the club i of coaching staff to save money is quite another,

Are they H & G in disguise I wonder ?

YNWA
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,467 posts | 4591 
      Reply #186: Nov 23, 2013 09:55:27 am
      Has Rodgers taken full control over the Academy?.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #187: Nov 23, 2013 10:06:15 am

Take this with however many grains of salt etc etc....
      Borrell is said to have had words with BR about, for want of a better phrase, burning the younger players out; maybe the conversation went something like:  "if the squad was bigger Brendan we wouldn't have to throw the kids in at the deep end''.

"I've got no choice".

"Well for the good of the the team have a word with bollocks and tell him to get his hand in his f**king pocket".
      "SORRY MR HENRY DIDN'T SEE YOU THERE".

Have you heard this yourself mate or are you quoting someone that hasn't got a mention?

If it's the former, then "Sorry Mr Henry didn't see you there" bit has me a little confused as when was he actually last here, or when was this turn of events meant to have occurred?
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,501 posts | 4840 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #188: Nov 23, 2013 10:14:39 am
      No, and reading the club's press release you're left scratching your head and thinking, why?

Why and how?

Why and how the F**k is Ian Ayre still blagging it as the voice of Liverpool Football Club?

On the sackings, I actually do hope there is more to this and something has happened. Must have.

The decision makers at our club wouldn't watch an International break come and go, wait another two days and then squeeze in two sackings like this two days before a Merseyside Derby with no replacements lined up would they?

Or would they?
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #189: Nov 23, 2013 10:31:09 am
      The person who I exchanged a few emails with doesn't claim to be ITK, doesn't spread transfer stories or anything, he does however have real and credible links to the club, so I've no reason at all to doubt what he said as he's not the sort to start wild rumours, he's fairly respected amongst reds to be honest.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,030 posts | 3960 
      Reply #190: Nov 23, 2013 10:37:44 am
      Can't dismiss what your saying Stuey, it might be all down to money or lack there of,
      What if BR put a request in for X amount of £ for the jan window and was told to sell before you buy,
      With BR. already working with financial constraints and with no real sellable assets at his disposal it could be he had no choice,
      I hope to F**k that's not the case, if so it's time for FSG, Henry, Werner et al to ship out and F**k off,
      Are they H & G in disguise I wonder ?

YNWA

That is more or less the hypothesis I outlined earlier Billy, economics are affecting the very structure of the club.
      To my mind BR has the footballing credential to leave well alone in the nurturing of our starlets, especially when it is acknowledged the coaching
      staff are doing a sterling job.

With no replacement in the wings at this crucial stage of our season the only assumption must be that somebody is overruling BR's authority for the sake of financial priorities.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #191: Nov 23, 2013 10:38:39 am
      When I first read about this I felt something stank, the silence and predictable press releases have just added to the smell. I really do hope we get some kind of confirmation about the truth behind this soon or this stink will just linger on.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,501 posts | 4840 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #192: Nov 23, 2013 10:41:39 am
      When I first read about this I felt something stank, the silence and predictable press releases have just added to the smell. I really do hope we get some kind of confirmation about the truth behind this soon or this stink will just linger on.

That unmistakable aroma of pure Ayre.
      « Last Edit: Nov 23, 2013 10:50:15 am by what-a-hit-son »
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,030 posts | 3960 
      Reply #193: Nov 23, 2013 10:48:43 am
      Have you heard this yourself mate or are you quoting someone that hasn't got a mention?

If it's the former, then "Sorry Mr Henry didn't see you there" bit has me a little confused as when was he actually last here, or when was this turn of events meant to have occurred?

That was. a hypothetical picture I was presenting mate to illustrate the part the owners could conceivably have played in the mystery sacking of Borrell.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #194: Nov 23, 2013 10:54:22 am
      Don't really know where to start with this so let's go back to the summer 2012. 

The reorganisation of the Academy started then with Pep Segura leaving his post as Academy Director, Rodolfo being promoted from u21's coach to Head of Coaching and Alex Inglethorpe being brought in as u21's coach.  At the same time Mike Marsh was promoted to 1st team coach which raised a few eyebrows as most of us thought Rodolfo should have been the obvious choice.

This summer brought the sacking of Steve Cooper as u18's coach with Neil Critchley being brought in from Crewe as his replacement.  Critchley actually took a huge step down to take up this post as he had been Academy Director at Crewe since 2007.  He is one of the highest qualified coaches in the country. 
      As a coach, Critchley is one of only 16 in the country to have gained the highest possible qualification in the game after he was handpicked by the FA to take UEFA's first elite badge course.  After 18 months the former midfielder graduated and is currently among the top-graded coaches in Europe.

To recap, Brendan had already reorganised/restructured a lot of the Academy prior to this announcement.  In fact the whole of youth coaching, reserve leagues etc has been reorganised/restructured by the FA over the last 12 months.

As for Brendans reputation for working well with young players, developing them into top quality 1st team players, do we have any evidence of this?  I know he worked under Jose at Chelsea and it's probably an unfair club to use as an example but can anyone name a player he worked with that came through their Academy into the 1st team?  Having checked, Diarra and Mikel both did but they were 20 and 19 respectively when they signed for Chelsea so hardly Academy graduates.

At this stage we don't know what's happened and probably never will, all we can do is hope that it's the right decision for Liverpool Football Club.

On a side note I guess this means Brendans contract extension is in the bag  ;)

KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #195: Nov 23, 2013 10:55:56 am

That's the one.

That was. a hypothetical picture I was presenting mate to illustrate the part the owners could conceivably have played in the mystery sacking of Borrell.

Ah fair enough Stuey. Then in that case mate I will just hope they're not that stupid. I actually just want to hear that Borrell has been tapped up and we were left with no choice, nothing else seems to fit in the 'I can accept that' box.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,030 posts | 3960 
      Reply #196: Nov 23, 2013 11:01:47 am
      Quote from what-a-hit-son
      [/quote

...and we all know mate he is nothing but a mouthpiece.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,030 posts | 3960 
      Reply #197: Nov 23, 2013 11:31:03 am
      Quote from KopiteLuke link
      Ah fair enough Stuey. Then in that case mate I will just hope they're not that stupid.
      [quote

Experience tells me Luke they haven't got a F***ing clue.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,530 posts | 1517 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #198: Nov 23, 2013 11:42:25 am
      Could someone recap for me please? Do we know why they were sacked or are we speculating?

And yes, sacking these two (Rodolfo at least) is shocking
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #199: Nov 23, 2013 11:49:49 am
      Quote from KopiteLuke link
      Ah fair enough Stuey. Then in that case mate I will just hope they're not that stupid.
      [quote

Experience tells me Luke they haven't got a f**king clue.

I know mate, I'm well and truly in denial stage at the moment :lmao:
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,613 posts | 7142 
      Reply #200: Nov 23, 2013 11:55:36 am
      Rik Parry used to really annoy me he was such a ditherer.However I would have him back in a heartbeat compared to t his clown Ayre.
      We seem to be in the press for all the wrong reasons over the last few years.We should be due another message about the stadium soon maybe the sacking of the two best Academy staff we have had for ages was because they refused to start digging the foundations in.It makes sense or at least as much sense as sacking them to go in a different direction.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,467 posts | 4591 
      Reply #201: Nov 26, 2013 05:49:35 pm
      Any further info on the sackings?.

Great timing by the club mind, right before a Derby, quashes all talk as derby day and result after takes talking points away.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #202: Nov 26, 2013 06:28:48 pm
      Any further info on the sackings?.

Great timing by the club mind, right before a Derby, quashes all talk as derby day and result after takes talking points away.

I've heard rumours but that's all they are mate, doubt we'll ever find out what went on.

Disagreement on how to progress from Academy to 1st team.  Brendan wants them 1st team ready by age 20/21, wants them out on loan from age 18 to get better experience, Rodolfo didn't agree. 

Heard Gregor Rioch, Bruce Riochs son, being mentioned as a potential replacement.  Previously in charge at Coventry Academy but Critchley who is now in charge of our u18's was Academy Director at Crewe before coming to us so he may well be moving up.

shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,467 posts | 4591 
      Reply #203: Nov 26, 2013 08:14:36 pm
      Thanks Debbs.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,627 posts | 3859 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #204: Nov 27, 2013 08:19:41 pm
      Swansea's head of academy has left "by mutual consent" saying the time was right for a new challenge.

You don't think....
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #205: Nov 27, 2013 08:28:00 pm
      Swansea's head of academy has left "by mutual consent" saying the time was right for a new challenge.

You don't think....

Could very well be mate.....
      little-Luis:)
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #206: Nov 27, 2013 08:34:42 pm
      I'm too convinced by that at the minute anyways.

Now admittedly I know nothing of the Swansea guy - see not even his name - so couldn't tell you if he done anything of note. Brief skimming of their first team - how many are academy players? Davies, Taylor, Allen?

Replacing a guy who came from Barca and did bring through players that could play for the first team & replacing him with a guy from Swansea with very little track record so far. Not too encouraging is it. I'm usually a fan of Rodgers & what he does, but this screams of 'jobs for the boys' so far.

Quick Reply