Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 28th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P5 W1 D3 L1

Yevhen Konoplyanka (Dnipro)

Read 85073 times
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Re: Yevhen Konoplyanka (Dnipro)
      Reply #1403: May 28, 2015 06:26:07 pm
      Konoplyanka was pure class again last night as he has been very time I've watched him play, I would love us to sign him alas I don't believe we will because of his obvious quality and desire to drive his team to the Euro League final almost single handed will attract bigger fish to feed.

I will be fuming if he starts next season at another premier team I genuinely believe he has more class and effort in him than all our comparable players combined, he never stops never gives up somebody stated on this thread that his production was low that's not what I've seen, he's very talented but not greedy with it great close control good passer not scared to cut inside and have a shot from range and can take set pieces also something we need to sort out next season with Gerrard now gone.

The lad is out of contract for me it's a no brainier get him in now.

Agreed. He might not score and assist in abundance but he is involved in all of Dinipro's attacking play most of their creativity stems from him.

However with Lallana, Cou, Ibe and Markovic on the team I don't see room for Konopylanka unless he was signed to replace Sterling.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,426 posts | 6420 
      Reply #1404: May 28, 2015 06:32:34 pm
      Don't know if we are in for him or not but I saw the end of that game and he had a delicious flick into the box from the wing as he was taking on two defenders...it was something Sterling only dreams of doing.
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #1405: Jun 03, 2015 05:31:42 pm
      Saw ome report,(cannot find it now) that he agreed to join stoke

YNWA
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #1406: Jun 03, 2015 05:38:42 pm
      Saw ome report,(cannot find it now) that he agreed to join stoke

YNWA

Just paid a visit to Google, according to the Daily Mail they're still in talks despite him demanding 100k a week. I can't imagine that Stoke are a club who can go and spend that kind of money.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Reply #1407: Jun 03, 2015 05:49:28 pm
      Just paid a visit to Google, according to the Daily Mail they're still in talks despite him demanding 100k a week. I can't imagine that Stoke are a club who can go and spend that kind of money.

Had his medical and just some red tape to sort out from what I heard.

Looks like Stoke are not that far behind in the table and being able to compete  :o

MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #1408: Jun 03, 2015 05:56:36 pm
      Letting him go to another premier side is asking for trouble...
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #1409: Jun 03, 2015 06:00:21 pm
      Had his medical and just some red tape to sort out from what I heard.

Looks like Stoke are not that far behind in the table and being able to compete  :o

I've just seen that as well mate, the Daily Mail report was from 20 hours ago so obviously a lot of negotiating has gone on since then. Going to Stoke isn't that bad, it could have been worse for us as he could have gone to Spurs.

HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Reply #1410: Jun 03, 2015 06:00:26 pm
      Letting him go to another premier side is asking for trouble...

Yes but Rodgers said we don't need any more wingers  ;)

mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #1411: Jun 03, 2015 06:00:57 pm
      Yes but Rodgers said we don't need any more wingers  ;)

It's not as though we use them anyway :D
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #1412: Jun 03, 2015 06:11:24 pm
      Yes I mean why would anyone want a winger who can put in decent crosses for strikers to attack? Doh! What was I thinking?!
      Binomial
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 885 posts | 37 
      • Doing things over and expecting different results
      Reply #1413: Jun 03, 2015 06:37:06 pm
      he's agreed to join stoke?

;D
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #1414: Jun 03, 2015 07:23:17 pm
      If we let this guy go to Stoke on a free and sign the winger from Real Madrids B team instead it will further prove this clubs transfer policy is broken.

Do we have a Manc in the committee or something?
      RazorRedz
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 147 posts | 23 
      Reply #1415: Jun 03, 2015 07:28:37 pm

:mad:

If he signs for Stoke it's a fckin disgrace he's a quality player there for the taking who stated he regretted not joining us like a massive hint for us to go get him, would swap him in a heartbeat for Lallana or Markovic.

PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,625 posts | 760 
      Reply #1416: Jun 03, 2015 07:36:45 pm
      dude wants 100k a week.

im sorry but if u take stoke out of the picture and had signed this guy for 100k a week you same people would be saying we're crazy and not signing 'proven' players.

Fans are never satisfied.
      RazorRedz
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 147 posts | 23 
      Reply #1417: Jun 03, 2015 07:51:15 pm
      Personally mate I'd be more than happy to pay him 100 grand a week I've seen him play enough and as yet he hasn't put a foot wrong he's got twice the work ethic of Kovacic and impacts the game every time he's on the ball, just watch him next year he's wasted at Stoke.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #1418: Jun 03, 2015 07:53:27 pm
      Personally mate I'd be more than happy to pay him 100 grand a week I've seen him play enough and as yet he hasn't put a foot wrong he's got twice the work ethic of Kovacic and impacts the game every time he's on the ball, just watch him next year he's wasted at Stoke.

Messi sometimes does the odd thing wrong so I think it's safe to say that Konopylanka has done a fair few things wrong :D I don't know why you're comparing those two with each other, they play completely different positions.
      RazorRedz
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 147 posts | 23 
      Reply #1419: Jun 03, 2015 08:01:05 pm

I'm comparing them because we are linked to Kovacic I know they don't play the same position, Konoplyanka is better than any player we have been solidly linked with so far he's got skill spine and guts qualities we are in short supply of.
      Binomial
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 885 posts | 37 
      • Doing things over and expecting different results
      Reply #1420: Jun 03, 2015 08:15:49 pm
      If we let this guy go to Stoke on a free and sign the winger from Real Madrids B team instead it will further prove this clubs transfer policy is broken.

liverpools transfer commitee
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,333 posts | 2834 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #1421: Jun 03, 2015 08:44:42 pm
      Sign proven players wanted by top clubs, transfer committee - you dumb asses.

Oh no. A player with no experience in a big league and which no big club wants is going to Stoke.

Meltdown.

Change of strategy:

Sign players with no experience in a big league and which no big club wants, transfer committee - stupid fuckers.

I love the logic of it.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,426 posts | 6420 
      Reply #1422: Jun 03, 2015 08:46:30 pm
      Konoplyanka is better than any player we have been solidly linked with so far

No
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #1423: Jun 03, 2015 09:00:00 pm

If he signs for Stoke it's a fckin disgrace he's a quality player there for the taking who stated he regretted not joining us like a massive hint for us to go get him, would swap him in a heartbeat for Lallana or Markovic.

I wouldn't - he's decent, I'll give you that. But even in a shitty Ukrainian league he's never had as good a season as Lallana's last with southampton. Hell, most of them were about the same as this season for Adam despite the fact he was injured for most of it.
      If we got him, he'd be a hopeful punt, not exactly proven quality. I'm fine with fewer hopeful punts. Cheryshev has similar output (goals + assists) in a better league, yet people are moaning about him being target*, yet also people are moaning about not going for a player who is likely worse. Weirdos.

*well, ok, I'm not convinced by Cheryshev either, but at least I'm consistent  :f_tongueincheek:
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #1424: Jun 03, 2015 09:03:37 pm

For what it's worth apparently Cheryshev has got 7 goals and 11 assists for Villarreal this season (all competitions), which is pretty good for a winger, and done it in a decent league. I'm not enamoured by him, but I can see it would be a better transfer, or at least less risky, than kono. Third option is sterling tells his agent to F**k off, which is by far my favourite
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #1425: Jun 03, 2015 09:26:31 pm
      I wouldn't - he's decent, I'll give you that. But even in a shitty Ukrainian league he's never had as good a season as Lallana's last with southampton. Hell, most of them were about the same as this season for Adam despite the fact he was injured for most of it.
      If we got him, he'd be a hopeful punt, not exactly proven quality. I'm fine with fewer hopeful punts. Cheryshev has similar output (goals + assists) in a better league, yet people are moaning about him being target*, yet also people are moaning about not going for a player who is likely worse. Weirdos.

*well, ok, I'm not convinced by Cheryshev either, but at least I'm consistent  :f_tongueincheek:

Shitty Ukranian league perhaps but did Dinipro not just play in the final of the Europa League?

How many of our current players Stevie excluded can say they played in the final of a Europeon cup competition?

Quick Reply