Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Predictions at the Palace

LFC win
      98 (96.1%)
      Draw
      4 (3.9%)
      Palace win
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 100

Voting closed: May 04, 2014 12:17:15 pm

Pre Match: Crystal Palace v Liverpool Mon 5th May 20:00

Read 28263 times
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,214 posts | 1646 
      Re: Pre Match: Crystal Palace v Liverpool Mon 5th May 20:00
      Reply #207: May 05, 2014 11:50:42 am
      Mash this lot 7-0 and lets take it to the final day. Lets put the pressure on City and show them we aren't going away.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,430 posts | 6422 
      Reply #208: May 05, 2014 12:11:53 pm
      Glad to hear that we have a manager with a (large) pair.

Our aim should be to score loads of goals, who cares if it fires up the opposition, that may actually have them play right into our hands.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,707 posts | 7164 
      Reply #209: May 05, 2014 12:14:54 pm
      Glad to hear that we have a manager with a (large) pair.

Our aim should be to score loads of goals, who cares if it fires up the opposition, that may actually have them play right into our hands.

I think they will be thinking about their summer hols and if we do score early they will fold.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #210: May 05, 2014 12:23:26 pm
      I think they will be thinking about their summer hols and if we do score early they will fold.

Hope you're right mate.
      They gave city a few problems, and I think pulis will get them fired up.
      On the plus side, they are safe from relegation and don't have anything to play for except pride.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,707 posts | 7164 
      Reply #211: May 05, 2014 12:36:21 pm
      Hope you're right mate.
      They gave city a few problems, and I think pulis will get them fired up.
      On the plus side, they are safe from relegation and don't have anything to play for except pride.

that's why if we can kill them off early the fight will go from them but if they feel they can get a result it might get "iffy"
      Rudiboy
      • Forum Youth Player

• 8 posts |
      Reply #212: May 05, 2014 12:49:38 pm
      This is the my first ever post as I just registered this morning. I have been a supporter of Heart of Midlothian FC in Scotland for close to 30 years, and have followed Liverpool for 26 years. My favourite player in the days I first started following Liverpool was John Barnes, then Michael Owen, then Fowler, now it's obviously Stevie G!!

I wanted to read what your feelings were on the title race. I have to say after the Man City Everton game yesterday I felt physically sick, I really felt Everton deserved a point. I still BELIEVE the title is coming home. I'm going for a 3-1 victory tonight. Then Man City to draw at home to Villa.

YNWA JFT96!!
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #213: May 05, 2014 12:55:09 pm
      If ever there was a night to find your shooting boots then this is it . Get an early one then let them have it we need a ninety minute assault nothing more nothing less , Come on you redmen  we need something special .
      asus
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 28 posts |
      Reply #214: May 05, 2014 01:08:53 pm
      Mash this lot 7-0 and lets take it to the final day. Lets put the pressure on City and show them we aren't going away.

Don't be silly - if the team have that kind of arrogance it could backfire. need to treat it like any other match
      harrydunn08

• 5,930 posts | 971 
      Reply #215: May 05, 2014 01:38:15 pm
      Get the win and put the pressure back on City.  There are no easy games in the Prem.  Focus on getting the 3 points first, then look to dent the goal difference as much as we can. 

Wouldn't it be ironic if some combination of Downing, Carrol, and Cole managed to put some goals past City on the final day and help us to lift the trophy?! 
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,430 posts | 6422 
      Reply #216: May 05, 2014 01:40:59 pm
      Get the win and put the pressure back on City.  There are no easy games in the Prem.  Focus on getting the 3 points first, then look to dent the goal difference as much as we can. 

Wouldn't it be ironic if some combination of Downing, Carrol, and Cole managed to put some goals past City on the final day and help us to lift the trophy?! 

City are going to struggle with Carroll if he plays like he did this past weekend against Spurs. As much as I don't really rate him, they had no answer for him and he caused a lot of havoc in their box. The key will be whether West Ham can get anything through the midfield and out to the wings to play into Andy.

Maybe he can punch home the winning goal against City ;D
      DanMann

• 5,802 posts | 892 
      Reply #217: May 05, 2014 02:04:01 pm
      Really looking forward to this now. The pressure's off. We just need to go out there and enjoy the game.

Obviously we need the win, but I really hope we go full assault and really try to close the goal difference gap.

We have the talent. We have the goals in the team. We've shown we are capable of blowing apart any team on our day - and Crystal Palace are there for the taking.

An early goal is important. Let's be 2-0 up in the first 10 mins. That will settle the nerves. That will give the game into our hands, and then let the flood gates really open!!
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,334 posts | 2834 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #218: May 05, 2014 02:16:21 pm
      I hate games during the week. It will be a shame that I'll have to miss our historic 13-0 win today.
      daveyd
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,670 posts | 35 
      • Jürgen Klopp to take us back to the top
      Reply #219: May 05, 2014 02:17:00 pm

Funny that. I was thinking along the same lines in all the different what,if and maybe's. Big Andy(who hasnt slagged us off but even tipped us towin it) to grab a pint(not point) haha on the way to us actually winning the league. His best outing for us was against them with the 2 belters under the king. Honestly i think everyone reckoned the slip would be against the bitters inc. City themselves. Still think theres more than 1 twist left for them. Once we do the job tonite let the rest take care of itself.

waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,707 posts | 7164 
      Reply #220: May 05, 2014 02:19:55 pm
      I hate games during the week. It will be a shame that I'll have to miss our historic 13-0 win today.

remember to breath this time Diego.
      I have a good feeling about tonight.just been watching SKY 1 about LFC in the 70's and 80's and now its about the man himself Shankly what inspirational viewing and Luis has won the Sports writers award.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,367 posts | 2880 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #221: May 05, 2014 02:19:58 pm
      longest day ever
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,886 posts | 704 
      Reply #222: May 05, 2014 02:29:52 pm
      Quote from Diego LFC
      I hate games during the week.

In UK/Ireland, today is still part of the weekend. Everyone is off work.

Hoping for an early three goal lead like in October. Unlike then, I don't want any easing off.
      I won't be celebrating if we get early goals, I want the players straight back on the halfway line, ready to get more. We have goals to chase, and after the years of frustration from Pulis, we owe him a hammering. Obviously I'll take anything if we score the winner after 92 minutes, but I hope we don't have to wait that long.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,367 posts | 2880 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #223: May 05, 2014 02:51:36 pm
      Haven't twatted anyone since Spurs so someones due one of us!!
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #224: May 05, 2014 03:05:36 pm
      Prediction: Liverpool 52, Palace -7
      supersubdave
      • Forum Youth Player

• 8 posts |
      reds versus palace away
      Reply #225: May 05, 2014 03:25:03 pm
      I hope luis is in fine form now after receiving the pfa writers award we need our sas&coling to hit the back of the net alot if we are going to win the league who would you start tonight up top. YNWA JFT96
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #226: May 05, 2014 03:37:33 pm

Isn't it just!

Pya hanging here and thought the match was at 4pm until now. Bank Holiday football confuses me.
      harrydunn08

• 5,930 posts | 971 
      Reply #227: May 05, 2014 03:51:16 pm

For some reason, the bookies aren't even offering this result ???  Must mean that it is a sure thing!!   :lmao:
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #228: May 05, 2014 04:06:15 pm
      Got about 50 Liverpool fans on our roof terrace getting tanked up as we speak. Couple of the lads behind the bar have asked em to tone down the singing a bit but there's not much chance of that I shouldn't think. Not a Chelsea fan in sight which is a bit of a first ;D.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,605 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #229: May 05, 2014 04:42:04 pm
      Not long now. Can't wait to get started.

Bit surprised to see BR come out with the comments about overhauling the GD. Imo we just need to focus on the win and keep the pressure on City for Villa game. If we assume City win their last 2 games, and it comes to GD, we could need to win 6-0 or more in both matches. Not saying it's impossible, it's not. But you have to look at recent form, and I just think that it's very unlikely. If we score a shed-load against Palace (hate even saying that cause just feel inherent in that is taking a win vs. Palace for granted, which is very bad idea) then City know they have to pile in goals vs. West Ham.

F**k it. Let's get this party started. It ain't over till it's over.  CMON YOU REDSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply