Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 17th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P14 W7 D4 L3

Fabio Borini (Sunderland/QPR)

Read 73758 times
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,454 posts | 2848 
      Re: Fabio Borini (Sunderland)
      Reply #575: Aug 04, 2014 11:27:37 am
      Poyet has said that we'll 'find out in the next 2 or 3 days' if Borini will leave and join Sunderland.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,927 posts | 823 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #576: Aug 04, 2014 11:39:57 am
      Borini isn't a poor option to have coming off the bench, nor is Lambert if we were to keep Borini and sign another striker to help Sturridge then id be more than happy.

However if we needed Borini to make way for a better striker and needed his fee to help contribute than I'd say sell him asap.
      Scally21
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 991 posts | 71 
      Reply #577: Aug 05, 2014 12:33:39 pm
      It looks as though Fabio's might have his wish of staying granted after-all. Black Cats have bought Rodwell and they're also hoping to sign Eto on a free.

I've never been a fan of his but even he's better than the f**k all we had last night.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #578: Aug 05, 2014 02:52:27 pm
      Doing the rounds in Sunderland Message Board

http://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/borini-medical.950169/
      AlexLFC95
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,393 posts | 56 
      Reply #579: Aug 05, 2014 02:58:10 pm
      His twitter pic is him in a Sunderland shirt, not sure if that's significant in any way?
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #580: Aug 05, 2014 03:18:34 pm
      His twitter pic is him in a Sunderland shirt, not sure if that's significant in any way?

Given it's from last season i doubt it.
      Liverbird on my chest
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 43 posts |
      Reply #581: Aug 05, 2014 07:02:22 pm
      If its true Sunderland has paid 10 million for rodwell and offered us 14 million for Borini  I think we need to see if they want to make offers for Agger, pepe, Allan and anyone else they fancy  :lmao:
      « Last Edit: Aug 05, 2014 07:25:47 pm by Liverbird on my chest »
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #582: Aug 05, 2014 07:15:01 pm
      If its true Sunderland has paid 10 million for rodwell and offered us 14 million for Borini  I think we need to seeing they want to make offers for Agger, pepe, Allan and anyone else they fancy  :lmao:
      In English please?

We aren't selling Allen (and how many great performances does he need to put in before people start appreciating him?  :( )
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #583: Aug 05, 2014 11:28:59 pm

We aren't selling Allen (and how many great performances does he need to put in before people start appreciating him?  :( )

One would be nice.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #584: Aug 05, 2014 11:32:32 pm
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #585: Aug 05, 2014 11:39:41 pm

I know you are trying to be funny, but Allen was excellent nearly all of the latter half of last season. He controls a midfield excellently. He wins the ball better than anyone else in the team, as reflected by his very high tackles p90 and interceptions - he makes our entire midfield a mire to pass through slowing down opposition attacks excellently. I think Can will take his place, but that is based on Can's promise rather than Allen's lack of quality.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #586: Aug 05, 2014 11:43:56 pm
      He controls a midfield excellently.

I don't think there has ever been a game where Allen has "controlled" the midfield. 

I mean.

Ever.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #587: Aug 06, 2014 12:02:44 am
      I know you are trying to be funny, but Allen was excellent nearly all of the latter half of last season. He controls a midfield excellently. He wins the ball better than anyone else in the team, as reflected by his very high tackles p90 and interceptions - he makes our entire midfield a mire to pass through slowing down opposition attacks excellently. I think Can will take his place, but that is based on Can's promise rather than Allen's lack of quality.

Less tackles and interceptions p/g than Lucas and Gerrard, 1 goal and no assists, despite playing more advanced than either of them.  Our most  dispossessed midfielder, our most expendable midfielder.  If you'd said good instead of great, I might have let it slide and far too many of his appearances could be described as anonymous.
      bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #588: Aug 06, 2014 12:10:30 am
      He was a ridiculous signing and for the fee paid even worse . One of Rodgers anonymous signings that seems to go under the radar without too much criticism .

lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #589: Aug 06, 2014 12:11:50 am
      He was a ridiculous signing and for the fee paid even worse . One of Rodgers anonymous signings that seems to go under the radar without too much criticism .

Clearly you haven't been reading any of Feds posts then.
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #590: Aug 06, 2014 12:12:42 am
      Less tackles and interceptions p/g than Lucas and Gerrard, 1 goal and no assists, despite playing more advanced than either of them.  Our most  dispossessed midfielder, our most expendable midfielder.  If you'd said good instead of great, I might have let it slide and far too many of his appearances could be described as anonymous.

Sorry, but that is just false.
      http://www.squawka.com/comparison-matrix#premier_league/2013/2014/joe_allen/126/64/540/0/p|premier_league/2013/2014/steven_gerrard/126/64/70/0/p|premier_league/2013/2014/lucas_leiva/126/64/517/0/p#key_passes/tackles_won/interceptions/blocks/defensive_errors#90

Don't get me wrong. Lucas is pretty boss in those stats too (he makes more interceptions but fewer successful tackles) but Allen does better than Gerrard in both. Allen has more legs in him though. Lucas doesn't have any assists either - and for the most part of last season Lucas and Allen were playing in the same place - the side of the diamond.
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #591: Aug 06, 2014 12:13:50 am
      BTW I'm not trying to red-herring about the defensive errors in that link, I actually just had those stats up anyway and some of them aren't relevant to my point.
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #592: Aug 06, 2014 12:15:02 am
      Clearly you haven't been reading any of Feds posts then.
      I always try and stay clear of depression when possible .

Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #593: Aug 06, 2014 12:19:28 am
      And technically Coutinho is our most disposessed midfielder, though he tries more complex stuff so there is nuance in that stat.
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #594: Aug 06, 2014 12:20:48 am
      Maybe good is more fair, but considering the amount he gets slated, I think my defense of him is more than fair. People underate him significantly on this forum.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #595: Aug 06, 2014 12:21:15 am

I think him and Borini both were comfort signings for a new manager at a huge club with not much time to prepare to be honest.

I have always given BR a pass on those two signings.
      AmeriPool Red
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 147 posts |
      Reply #596: Aug 06, 2014 12:21:52 am
      Even though this is a Borini thread I gotta speak on this Allen thing and ask a question.

Out of our entire squad who would pick Allen in a starting 11? Exactly he is a bench player and does well coming off the bench. We played him last year starting because of such a small squad. BR sees him through rose tinted glasses because Joe is one of his guys. He's squad depth nothing more nothing less. Sad thing is he's our lowest depth player in the midfield to be honest.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #597: Aug 06, 2014 12:24:44 am
      Sorry, but that is just false.
      http://www.squawka.com/comparison-matrix#premier_league/2013/2014/joe_allen/126/64/540/0/p|premier_league/2013/2014/steven_gerrard/126/64/70/0/p|premier_league/2013/2014/lucas_leiva/126/64/517/0/p#key_passes/tackles_won/interceptions/blocks/defensive_errors#90

Don't get me wrong. Lucas is pretty boss in those stats too (he makes more interceptions but fewer successful tackles) but Allen does better than Gerrard in both. Allen has more legs in him though. Lucas doesn't have any assists either - and for the most part of last season Lucas and Allen were playing in the same place - the side of the diamond.

http://www.whoscored.com/Teams/26/Show/-Liverpool makes you wrong.

Of all our players who started 10 or more games, he was our worst player, over the season, if you make it players who featured in 10 or more, he's bottom 3 and in heady company, Moses and Aspas.

Quick Reply