Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P7 W5 D1 L1

Rickie Lambert (Southampton)

Read 24250 times
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Re: Ricky Lambert (Southampton)
      Reply #46: May 29, 2014 11:09:32 pm
      Oh F**k off!! The amount of top class players we would be able to sign now we are back in the Champions League should lead us to signing them, not the likes of Lambert who in all honesty is probably going to spend more often than not on the bench. Can see this going the same way as Carroll.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,497 posts | 2868 
      Reply #47: May 29, 2014 11:10:24 pm
      Let's be honest there's not enough money for Brendan to go out and spend 10-15m on a backup striker so this is a great move for us. Experienced striker who gets plenty of goals and assists and as a bonus offers us something totally different with his strength and aerial ability.

Get him in for two years, splash the cash in other positions and we can look at a longer term solution to our backup strikers later.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #48: May 29, 2014 11:14:04 pm
      Ayre just said a few weeks ago that being in the CL opens the door to players who wouldn't come to us without CL.

does anyone really believe that Lambert, Lallana, Lovren, Bertrand etc wouldn't have come to us without CL?

You have a point but you're assuming these are our main targets rather than targets we can do business quickly with.
      redraider
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 568 posts | 20 
      Reply #49: May 29, 2014 11:14:22 pm
      If this comes off itll be a very shrewd piece of buisness.   a young 32 both physically and mentally.
      aspas is off then.  it would'nt surprise me if theres a lot of price manipulation too, to keep the official lallana fee down.  that'll help out southampton, and thats no bad thing.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #50: May 29, 2014 11:24:53 pm
      Who the hell are we going to sign for £15m+ to sit behind Luis and Danny + Raheem, Coutinho, and any other attacking midfielder we sign?

Before someone says Borini, we loaned him out when  it was obvious he wouldn't play any games. Which is the point. They are back up.

God damn.
      bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #51: May 29, 2014 11:29:07 pm
      I like his attitude and  he'll work his socks off for us .
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,683 posts | 6980 
      Reply #52: May 29, 2014 11:34:04 pm
      Erm...
      insideanfield
      • Forum Sami Hyypia

• 472 posts | 22 
      Reply #53: May 29, 2014 11:34:25 pm
      My scout report on Rickie Lambert (just finished it so excuse any typos)...

http://anfieldforever.co.uk/?p=1215
      bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #54: May 29, 2014 11:38:56 pm

if Rickie Lambert causes you to go into parade-mode then you're probably supporting the wrong club mate.
      You'll be proved wrong on this one Federer , Lambert will suit us down to the ground .

redraider
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 568 posts | 20 
      Reply #55: May 29, 2014 11:53:04 pm
      Yep, he'll make a big impact here.  he'll work his balls off and I can see he'll quickly become committed
      to our way of playing.  I think he's got 3 or 4 really good seasons in him and planty of goals.  Must be a dream come true for him and his missus, returning to Liverpool for his final move.  The first goal he scores there'll be a big reaction at Anfield.
      chap
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 672 posts | 35 
      Reply #56: May 30, 2014 12:27:49 am
      What are we smoking? 9M? If that figure is correct im baffled. On the other hand if you take it we paid 9M for Aspas this seems like an absolute bargain :) Nothing against Lambert he will put in a shift and is a good player but expected better if im honest. Its a weird one for 9M no resale value either. Worked his socks off to get where he is now so if he does sign fair fucks to him for getting himself into that position.
      Monobrow
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,425 posts | 27 
      Reply #57: May 30, 2014 12:29:38 am
      Always had an admiration for him (went to Uni in Southampton back when they were in League 1 and he was lauded as a hero down there). The fact he's a big LFC supporter makes this a great signing for me, even as a squad player for backup he'll work his socks off.

Last few years must have been crazy for him, getting into PL for first time, playing for England for the first time and scoring v. Scotland on his debut and now (potentially) signing for LFC... Unreal at 32.
      redraider
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 568 posts | 20 
      Reply #58: May 30, 2014 12:55:39 am
      At LFC dreams come true
      Red Barrovian
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,356 posts | 77 
      Reply #59: May 30, 2014 02:12:38 am
      Not totally convinced he's good enough, but as far as his personality goes, he's one of my favourite players. Absolutely wonderful attitude displayed for both Southampton and England and I can only see that doubling when playing for his boyhood club. It'll be a great moment to watch him come on for his first game for the club and score his first goal.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #60: May 30, 2014 02:59:31 am
      Yo, its 'Rickie' I suppose. Clearly, replacement for Aspas and may be our Plan B as well. Think we can offset this money by selling Aspas for a similar amount.

Hope Shaqiri is the replacement for Moses and Ibe replacing Assaidi, we'll have 7 players for the front 3 - Sturridge, Suarez, Shaqiri, Sterling, Lambert, Borini, Ibe.

May be we ARE selling Borini. I'll be pretty happy if we raise close to 20mil from Borini, Aspas & Assaidi, we wouldn't lose much
      « Last Edit: May 30, 2014 03:20:36 am by Vicks86 »
      lefty1896
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,700 posts | 23 
      • He scores a goal and the kop goes wild...
      Reply #61: May 30, 2014 06:43:24 am
      I can't really understand any negativity towards the guy signing for us. As long as it isn't just Lambert and nobody else. But even if it is that isn't Lambert's fault. I think he has good hold up and link up skills. Is he better than Aspas and Borini, I think he is. So surely it is good that the squad improves.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #62: May 30, 2014 06:52:59 am
      I'm made up about this, I suggested we buy him ages ago, as he'd be reasonably priced and it'd be ideal for us because he would definitely offer more than anyone in that position we have in reserve or on loan.
      He'd come on and I'd think; yeah, he could make an impact.
      Plus he's a scouser and a supporter, the more the merrier.
      Ending up back at the club after being released as a kid, fairytale stuff. Boss!
      bobobobo
      • Forum Ian St John

• 439 posts | 20 
      Reply #63: May 30, 2014 07:05:02 am
      For anyone worried about his age (32)

He's a late peaker
      AND he doesn't exactly rely on pace, could still see him being here till he's 35 at least.
      Very underrated player and another goalscorer!
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #64: May 30, 2014 07:18:02 am
      Lambert signing for us would be like a 'Happily ever after' story  ;D

Scouser, boy-hood supporter, down to earth individual, fantastic attitude with team mates. This might just be the best romantic link-up of this transfer window
      Madscouser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,814 posts | 67 
      Reply #65: May 30, 2014 07:18:39 am
      Perfect squad player - LFC fan, proven premiership goalscorer and whilst he may not be in the same class as Suarez or Sturridge, as a 3rd / 4th striker he has more than enough quality and is experienced enough to lead line if we do need to rest SAS

Just get the deal done now
      LFCexiled
      Reply #66: May 30, 2014 07:22:11 am
      I don't have an issue with Rickie at all. He can score a wonder goal as well as grinding one out, he's great at holding up play to the benefit of those around him and he'll add to the Scouse contingent.

All this talk of his transfer fee and wages it's irrelevant, what he brings to the table ain't.
      « Last Edit: May 30, 2014 08:18:05 am by LFCexiled »
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,727 posts | 3741 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #67: May 30, 2014 07:30:59 am
      For anyone worried about his age (32)

He's a late peaker
      AND he doesn't exactly rely on pace, could still see him being here till he's 35 at least.
      Very underrated player and another goalscorer!

Not worried, because as you said yourself too, he does not rely on pace. He is very fit and can continue to play longer then many like Drogba.
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #68: May 30, 2014 07:49:46 am
      Shrewd move......if it gets done.

Very decent option.

Quick Reply