Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 11th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P18 W9 D6 L3

Luis Suarez (Real Madrid/Barcelona)

Read 89602 times
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Luis Suarez (Real Madrid/Barcelona)
      Jun 05, 2014 04:54:39 pm
      http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/real-madrid-luis-suarez-transfer-3645432#ixzz33mSqSiS1

Real Madrid Luis Suarez transfer chase gets the green light from coach Carlo Ancelotti
      Real Madrid have begun attempts to lure Luis Suarez away from Liverpool and make him their next Galactico.

Madrid-based newspaper Marca - a well-known mouthpiece for the Spanish giants - claims president Florentino Perez has made striker Suarez his number one summer transfer target.

Perez is said to have discussed the Uruguay international during a meeting in a Madrid restaurant with manager Carlo Ancelotti and director general Jose Angel Sanchez.

Ancelotti backs Perez's planned pursuit of Suarez, who top scored for the Anfield giants with 31 goals last season - but not at the expense of selling Karim Benzema, as he wants to keep the France international hitman.

Although Suarez has said repeatedly that he is happy at Liverpool and signed a new £250,000-a-week deal in January, Real believe they can tempt him.

They are encouraged by claims from his lawyer, Alejandro Balbi, that the 27-year-old would find it hard to resist a big offer from the new European champions.

"A year ago, he was very likely to leave Liverpool," said Balbi. "Now I think it is very difficult because he is an idol, although clubs can offer a lot of money.

"If there is such a big offer from Real Madrid, it is very difficult to say no. Luis Suarez has always had a predisposition for Spain."

Liverpool say they have had no approaches for Suarez, and are adamant he is not for sale.

Suarez is battling the clock to recover from a knee injury for the start of the World Cup - Uruguay's first group game is on June 14 and they face England five days later - and says he wants to ditch his "bad-boy image".

The South American is annoyed by accusations that he is a diver and insists his name has been blackened unfairly.

"How many yellow cards do I have for diving?" he said. "I have a lot of yellow cards in my career, but most are for arguing, for fighting, for giving a kick - not for diving.

"Sometimes I fall, but it's to get a penalty - because I have been kicked."
      Suarez is determined to change his image and insists he has been the perfect role-model since returning in September from his 10-match ban for biting Chelsea's Branislav Ivanovic.

He was also heavily criticised after being found guilty of racially abusing Manchester United's Patrice Evra in 2011 and accepts he had to clean up his act.

"I want to change the bad-boy image that has stuck for a bit because I don't think I am at all how I have been portrayed," he said. "I think I have been a role model since last summer.

"I have been professional and I have the desire to forge ahead and play well regardless of what is said to me."

Enjoy your summer, everyone.
      « Last Edit: Jun 23, 2014 03:28:52 pm by JD »
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Re: Luis Suarez (Real Madrid)
      Reply #1: Jun 05, 2014 04:58:21 pm
      So it begins.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #2: Jun 05, 2014 04:58:40 pm
      Nice one mate.

I didn't have the balls  :laugh: >:D
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #3: Jun 05, 2014 05:13:31 pm
      All more media garbage. Just the other week they were reporting they'd given up on trying to sign Suarez.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #4: Jun 05, 2014 05:49:06 pm
      It's come from that Spanish newspaper, Macanna or something. Was in there two days ago and now all the English press are reporting it as their own scoops.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #5: Jun 05, 2014 05:55:56 pm
      If it happens, we should use the money to buy Firmino and Sanchez :D
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,924 posts | 966 
      Reply #6: Jun 05, 2014 06:03:19 pm
      Can't see him leaving.  It seemed a nailed on certainty last summer, but the owners put the nix on any transfer and got him to sign a new deal.  Now that he is settled again, we are competing at the top end of the table and CL, and are playing some of the most exciting and entertaining footie in Europe I just can't see him making a fuss about leaving.  The only way I could see it happening is if Madrid come in with a ridiculous offer that our owners deem as too good to pass up.  Di Maria + Isco + 50M would be hard to turn down  :f_tongueincheek:
      American Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,157 posts | 179 
      Reply #7: Jun 05, 2014 06:11:05 pm
      I can't see him leaving either and I'd hate to see it happen. But if it does happen then I really hope we ask for Di Maria as part of the deal. World class player and if we got him and enough money to buy a good replacement striker it would be the only slim chance to actually end up improving the squad after losing Suarez.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,374 posts | 1030 
      Reply #8: Jun 05, 2014 06:11:27 pm
      Can't see him leaving.  It seemed a nailed on certainty last summer, but the owners put the nix on any transfer and got him to sign a new deal.  Now that he is settled again, we are competing at the top end of the table and CL, and are playing some of the most exciting and entertaining footie in Europe I just can't see him making a fuss about leaving.  The only way I could see it happening is if Madrid come in with a ridiculous offer that our owners deem as too good to pass up. Di Maria + Isco + 50M would be hard to turn down  :f_tongueincheek:
      Yet I still wouldn't take it.
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #9: Jun 05, 2014 06:17:36 pm
      I don't think we will let go of him , not now, Our position is stronger than last summer
       He is earning more money, he is playing CL football, ,  just last week He said he is happy here
       so I think It has to be a HUGE sum offered , He cannot cost less than Bale

YNWA
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #10: Jun 05, 2014 06:48:30 pm
      This is what Real Madrid do every year where they identify a top talent and prepare drop unreal amounts of money for him. This year it just happens to be Suarez. They'd be F***ing unstoppable with a front three of Ronaldo, Suarez and Bale.

But I wouldn't even sell for £100m nor do I think we'll even sell Luis.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #11: Jun 05, 2014 06:51:55 pm
      The Daily Mirror aka bullshit.

I'll wait for The Guardian/Telegraph or BBC.
      harrydunn08

• 5,924 posts | 966 
      Reply #12: Jun 05, 2014 06:55:23 pm
      But I wouldn't even sell for £100m nor do I think we'll even sell Luis.

We'd be fine as long as we got enough money to buy Diame  :f_tongueincheek:
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #13: Jun 05, 2014 07:16:38 pm
      He's not going.

He's explained to his friends that he's happy here and is not seeking a move.

/thread

(Oh there will be much more speculation, fear-mongering and debating - but he's staying. There's no point even carrying on this discussion.)
      Red8
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 342 posts | 38 
      Reply #14: Jun 05, 2014 07:18:44 pm
      A couple of days ago i sow an interview whit Perez, where he said that this summer they will not bought expansive player like previous years.

Honestly they don't need to spent a lot this year, they got quality relative young squad.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #15: Jun 05, 2014 08:11:13 pm
      A couple of days ago i sow an interview whit Perez, where he said that this summer they will not bought expansive player like previous years.

Honestly they don't need to spent a lot this year, they got quality relative young squad.

I honestly don't know how they pass FFP. They must be fiddling the books something silly.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #16: Jun 05, 2014 08:16:52 pm

I honestly don't know how they pass FFP. They must be fiddling the books something silly.

Really? They have a big stadium, worldwide attraction, great sponsorship deals and make so much money through merchandising it's ridiculous. Remember back to when they signed Beckham, they re-couped what they paid for through shirt sales very quickly. This happened with the Ronaldo transfer fee too and that was 80million, a fee they got back within about a year. They sign players for the money they do because of the amount of money they have coming in.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #17: Jun 05, 2014 08:26:01 pm
      If Real Madrid want Suarez, Liverpool would have to be willing to sell and Suarez have to would want to leave. I am sure Suarez and Liverpool are happy with how things are... however, if there is an 80m buyout clause and they offer him something stupid like Rooney money, who knows?
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #18: Jun 05, 2014 08:28:00 pm
      @SocialRMadrid
      Florentino Pérez: Suarez? We are happy with the team we have and we would like to continue with this team.

Hopefully those quotes are accurate and wholehearted. Another summer of this bullshit would be tedious.
      redraider
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 568 posts | 20 
      Reply #19: Jun 05, 2014 09:16:02 pm
      The only way to put this to bed (if it needs to be) is for someone senior at Real to say they won't be bidding for Luis.  I think Luis himself has done enough to reassure nervous fans, and to ask him to come out yet again and make a re-assuring statement is a bit embarrassing, and makes us all look like a bunch of nervous girls (sorry girls, not terribly PC that).  The fact is we have a world class player on our hands and there are always going to be suitors out there who would sign him in a second given the choice.  We're just going to have to man up (as seems to be the in-vougue saying) and be confident that he's settled at LFC.  Anyway, what player would want to leave the prospective 2014/15 PL and CL winners!
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #20: Jun 05, 2014 09:21:35 pm
      The only way to put this to bed (if it needs to be) is for someone senior at Real to say they won't be bidding for Luis.

Erm...   
      Florentino Pérez: Suarez? We are happy with the team we have and we would like to continue with this team.

If true of course.
      Scally21
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 991 posts | 71 
      Reply #21: Jun 05, 2014 09:28:58 pm
      The only way to put this to bed (if it needs to be) is for someone senior at Real to say they won't be bidding for Luis.  I think Luis himself has done enough to reassure nervous fans, and to ask him to come out yet again and make a re-assuring statement is a bit embarrassing, and makes us all look like a bunch of nervous girls (sorry girls, not terribly PC that).  The fact is we have a world class player on our hands and there are always going to be suitors out there who would sign him in a second given the choice.  We're just going to have to man up (as seems to be the in-vougue saying) and be confident that he's settled at LFC.  Anyway, what player would want to leave the prospective 2014/15 PL and CL winners!

Nah mate, Luis and his agent are the ones. And given that his agent more or less gave Real the come on last week, I can't see it happening to quell these recent rumours.
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #22: Jun 05, 2014 09:30:11 pm
      If they want him they'll get him and anyone thinking he won't go are deluded .

Quick Reply