Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

Radamel Falcao (Monaco)

Read 35033 times
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Re: Radamel Falcao (Monaco)
      Reply #46: Aug 07, 2014 05:00:16 pm
      Marca journo @Carpio_Marca saying Real won't be signing Falcao.
      Scottish Scouser
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 703 posts | 34 
      Reply #47: Aug 07, 2014 05:05:22 pm
      Marca journo @Carpio_Marca saying Real won't be signing Falcao.

The tension is unbearable.

Just pleeeeeeeeease show us him at Melwood leaning on stuff already!! :( Haha.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,374 posts | 1030 
      Reply #48: Aug 07, 2014 05:12:52 pm
      More than just for their obvious ability, it would be such a statement of intent for Liverpool to sign a player like Falcao, Reus or Cavani. It seems many don't take Liverpool seriously this season with the loss of Suarez. Now, I know that shouldn't bother me but, in all honesty, it bugs the hell out of me (to put it nicely). We have signed some promising young players and some proven PL level players and I'm confident that they'll have a big part to play in our season but I'd love if we could just get that 1 player that makes people go:

harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,930 posts | 971 
      Reply #49: Aug 07, 2014 05:20:10 pm
      More than just for their obvious ability, it would be such a statement of intent for Liverpool to sign a player like Falcao, Reus or Cavani. It seems many don't take Liverpool seriously this season with the loss of Suarez. Now, I know that shouldn't bother me but, in all honesty, it bugs the hell out of me (to put it nicely). We have signed some promising young players and some proven PL level players and I'm confident that they'll have a big part to play in our season but I'd love if we could just get that 1 player that makes people go:

People didn't take us seriously last season and it was to their own detriment. They can underestimate us again this season for all I care. I just want Brendan to get the players he believes will make us better than we were last year. I think a top striker is a priority, but I'm sure Brenny knows what is required to take us that next step forward.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,430 posts | 6422 
      Reply #50: Aug 07, 2014 05:24:39 pm
      I also see it difficult in fitting him in to be quite honest. Ronaldo, Bale, Benzema and Rodriguez all vying for game time, how will Falcaô also be included on regular basis? Could be some legs on this one...

Very good point, I had forgotten that they signed Rodriguez....can't see how Falcao would get as much time there as somewhere like with us.

Poko
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,502 posts | 65 
      Reply #51: Aug 07, 2014 05:26:57 pm
      Could see RM going like this.

--------------Falcao----------------
      Ronaldo------Rodriguez-------Bale

---------Kroos--------Modric--------

Falcao is better than Benzema IMO
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,430 posts | 6422 
      Reply #52: Aug 07, 2014 05:27:43 pm

Benzema just signed a new deal...I doubt it was a deal to sit on the bench.
      Poko
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,502 posts | 65 
      Reply #53: Aug 07, 2014 05:44:21 pm
      Benzema just signed a new deal...I doubt it was a deal to sit on the bench.

You can't have just one world class striker on a team like Real, plus injuries and fatigue (yes I am banging on that drum again).
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,430 posts | 6422 
      Reply #54: Aug 07, 2014 05:47:00 pm
      You can't have just one world class striker on a team like Real, plus injuries and fatigue (yes I am banging on that drum again).

All I'm saying is that it seems obvious to me from Benzema's comments in the past about Suarez possibly joining RM that he still fancies himself the top dog and I highly doubt he'd sign a new contract with them without some assurance that he was going to continue being the #1 option. So that means either Benzema or Falcao likely sits a good deal and I can't see either of them doing that.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #55: Aug 07, 2014 05:47:02 pm
      I would only be happy for us to sign Falcao if it is for the right price.  35m is max a 28 year old should fetch. 200k max wages but ideally not above 150k. Anything more and I'd say next target. Our board will probably be even less generous and offer 30m and 100k a week where it will be immediately turned down.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #56: Aug 07, 2014 05:47:55 pm
      Seems as if no high profile player wants to sign for us nowadays.

That's the damage that was inflicted by Hicks and Gillette. They nearly ruined us completely, but they didn't, and we are still on the mend. I wouldn't say we have fully recovered from the damage that we were subject to - years without European football has hurt the image of this club in the short term. If we are not to sign any high profile players because they do not trust the potential we possess, then we'll just have to show them what they are missing out on in this years Champions League.

Falcao was always a dream, as was Reus, as was Sanchez. Players in this modern era perceive United, City, Chelsea and Arsenal as bigger clubs. They will also see Bayern and Dortmund ahead of us, as well as Barcelona, Madrid and possibly PSG and Atletico. We need to rectify that this season.

Can you qualify that by saying its in your opinion?

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,430 posts | 6422 
      Reply #57: Aug 07, 2014 05:48:04 pm
      I would only be happy for us to sign Falcao if it is for the right price.  35m is max a 28 year old should fetch. 200k max wages but ideally not above 150k. Anything more and I'd say next target. Our board will probably be even less generous and offer 30m and 100k a week where it will be immediately turned down.

35m for him is all you'd pay or you will "move on to the next target".

And who might that be that's in that tier of players?
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #58: Aug 07, 2014 05:50:11 pm

It's formations like this that remind me our chances in the Champions League are very small.
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,991 posts | 241 
      Reply #59: Aug 07, 2014 06:02:55 pm
      It's formations like this that remind me our chances in the Champions League are very small.

Just check the CL squad of 05.
      Kubee
      • Forum Sami Hyypia

• 469 posts | 11 
      Reply #60: Aug 07, 2014 06:05:53 pm
      Ah, so if we'd waited until the end of the 2015 Jan transfer window to sell Suarez then his value would have gone down by £40m? Would you be happy if we got C. Ronaldo for £35m?

We could easily get 4-5 years of good performances out of Falcao and he could be the addition we need to become a dominant force in the PL and in Europe. Obviously a player's price does usually decrease as they age past 27 or so, but let's not go back to the penny-scrounging ways which resulted in Victor Moses, Iago Aspas and Aly Cissokho playing for the club.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #61: Aug 07, 2014 06:14:31 pm
      difference is that Barcelona and Real Madrid are a lot better than AC Milan were in 05. Our current squad would have a great chance in 05.
      Kubee
      • Forum Sami Hyypia

• 469 posts | 11 
      Reply #62: Aug 07, 2014 06:20:40 pm
      clubs like real and Barcelona paying the 70 and 80m is quite rediculous but correct me if I'm wrong. .. no player over 27 has gone for over 40m.
      Wasn't Zidane 29 or so when he went to Real?
      viniciusgama1
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 589 posts | 11 
      Reply #63: Aug 07, 2014 06:25:50 pm
      Modric and Kroos on CM? Who would do the dirty work? Ancelotti wouldn't go with this line on a normal ocasion.

Feel it's going to be Like: Kkedira/Alonso, Modric, Kroos; Bale, Benzema(James) Ronaldo. Don't think James, Kroos(Modric) will be on the pitch all together.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #64: Aug 07, 2014 06:25:52 pm
      Wasn't Zidane 29 or so when he went to Real?
      ah he might have been yes. I think he must be the most expensive player over 27. Still. .. real Madrid again paying what other clubs can't.
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,991 posts | 241 
      Reply #65: Aug 07, 2014 06:25:52 pm
      difference is that Barcelona and Real Madrid are a lot better than AC Milan were in 05. Our current squad would have a great chance in 05.

The Chelsea team that won the CL had RDM managing them. The Inter team that won under mourinho was an ageing squad which wasn't inspiring either.
      viniciusgama1
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 589 posts | 11 
      Reply #66: Aug 07, 2014 06:31:11 pm
      But Mourinho is excellent at "parking the bus". Remember the match against Barcelona?
      Kubee
      • Forum Sami Hyypia

• 469 posts | 11 
      Reply #67: Aug 07, 2014 06:33:23 pm
      ah he might have been yes. I think he must be the most expensive player over 27. Still. .. real Madrid again paying what other clubs can't.
      Tbh though, I don't see what's wrong with 'paying more than £35m' for Falcao if he helps us win the league and CL.
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,991 posts | 241 
      Reply #68: Aug 07, 2014 06:34:17 pm
      Agree. But, what I am trying to say is that you don't necessarily need a star studded team to win the CL, or for that matter, any trophy.

Quick Reply