Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 22nd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P10 W7 D0 L3

Samuel Eto'o

Read 22155 times
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Re: Samuel Eto'o
      Reply #230: Aug 15, 2014 12:12:53 am
      It's because we're signing players who, whilst experienced, are over the hill. Experience is a must for our team because it lacks so much of it, but OAPs we do not need. It has to be balanced which is a problem under the current regime because it's either youth without experience or experience that is too old. There's never a happy medium. Anyway, it looks like we've turned back to panic buying Bony and will only panic buy Eto'o if there's no other choice.

How is Bony a panic buy?  It's fairly clear he was on the short list as it was.  A back up option isn't a panic buy.  As for Toure, he probably wouldn't have played so much if Agger could've stayed fit...mind you, that's always a long shot.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,418 posts | 8648 
      Reply #231: Aug 15, 2014 02:44:11 am
      From the sounds of it he's off to Everton.

Kenwright had better get a few more appearances on Corrie to pay for his wages!!
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #232: Aug 15, 2014 03:56:01 am
      Why aren't the moaning Minnie's in this thread moaning that we should pay Eto a kings ransom every week with his very own castle and helicopter to boot?

Bit strange it's all quiet on that front in here.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #233: Aug 15, 2014 07:15:32 am

Is it, really? ;)
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #234: Aug 15, 2014 08:14:21 am
      Why aren't the moaning Minnie's in this thread moaning that we should pay Eto a kings ransom every week with his very own castle and helicopter to boot?

Probably because nobody wants him here!

waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,669 posts | 7156 
      Reply #235: Aug 15, 2014 09:43:41 am
      please go to Everton they are getting really excited by this.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,972 posts | 5031 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #236: Aug 15, 2014 11:31:14 am
      I'd piss my f***in pants if he lands at blueshite  :lmao:
      How desperate are they that they sign oaps, just as well Rooney ain't there or missus E'to would be fu**ed  :f_whistle:

YNWA
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #237: Aug 15, 2014 12:00:25 pm
      They'd have their most expensive squad ever and it'd be with a front line of Lukaku, Koné, Eto'o and Naismith :lmao:
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #238: Aug 15, 2014 01:41:17 pm
      I'd piss my F**kin pants if he lands at blueshite  :lmao:
      How desperate are they that they sign oaps, just as well Rooney ain't there or missus E'to would be fu**ed  :f_whistle:

YNWA

I would save my laughter if I was you mate, he may still end up here yet ....  and that might not be quite as funny. :)
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #239: Aug 15, 2014 01:52:13 pm
      I would save my laughter if I was you mate, he may still end up here yet ....  and that might not be quite as funny. :)

Yep.
      He can still do a job for whoever gets him, and a good one as well.
      People forget that chelsea weren't set up to play to a strikers strengths last season, but he still had a reasonable return.

Form is temporary, class is permanent, and he's always been class.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #240: Aug 15, 2014 05:10:32 pm
      Yep.
      He can still do a job for whoever gets him, and a good one as well.
      People forget that chelsea weren't set up to play to a strikers strengths last season, but he still had a reasonable return.

Form is temporary, class is permanent, and he's always been class.
      Chelsea still will struggle upfront like they did last season. They are no stronger, Ba going was a mistake in my opinion. Torres is a worse player right now and Eto did okay for them. I would have kept Lukaku instead of Moses. Costa is good, but he's going to get a lot of bans because he's that kind of player. He would have got away with things in Spanish league that he won't in the PL. I don't know how he got away with the headbutt in the world cup. Schurrle, Torres and Costa are chelsea only threat from the centre where last season they had Schurrle, Ba and Eto.

If we had Eto and got rid of Borini it would be an instant improvement regardless of age, then if we went and signed another Striker after Chelsea may start to get worried we will have a better strike force than them and attempt to hijack any deals. I think we should get Eto but after we signed another striker just so Chelsea don't hijack any deals.
      AmeriPool Red
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 147 posts |
      Reply #241: Aug 16, 2014 11:18:39 pm
      I don't think we'll be signing now. True or not it's not what we need to be associating ourselves with.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpools-samuel-etoo-move-could-4061042?
      poolio_54
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 376 posts | 11 
      Reply #242: Aug 22, 2014 12:19:38 pm
      Given the likely arrival of Mario I've softened somewhat to the idea of Eto so long as his wage demands are reasonable. I'd have hated him as a 2nd choice striker but as a 3rd/4th I don't think he'd be a bad option if he could bang in the 10ish?? Goals he scored for the Chavs last year
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #243: Aug 22, 2014 12:23:02 pm
      Given the likely arrival of Mario I've softened somewhat to the idea of Eto so long as his wage demands are reasonable. I'd have hated him as a 2nd choice striker but as a 3rd/4th I don't think he'd be a bad option if he could bang in the 10ish?? Goals he scored for the Chavs last year
      Free agents always cost a fortune though, just look at Joe Cole (shudders at the memory). I think with Sturridge, Mario, Lambert, Borini and Sterling we have more than enough options for forwards, no need for Eto.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #244: Aug 22, 2014 12:35:48 pm
      Free agents always cost a fortune though, just look at Joe Cole (shudders at the memory). I think with Sturridge, Mario, Lambert, Borini and Sterling we have more than enough options for forwards, no need for Eto.
      All player wages cost a fortune. Johnsons wages are reported to be £120k a week and he was not even a free. Also Reina. ..etc... you are making it sound like only free agents are on high wages. If Eto wages are reasonable I'd get him and maybe Borini can go to Sunderland. Who would you rather have in the last centre forward spot with Sturridge,  Balotelli, Lambert. ... Borini or Eto? Borini... oh wait. . Borini is still young he'll get better. .. I can just imagine some fans saying that after his peak.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,418 posts | 8648 
      Reply #245: Aug 22, 2014 12:46:13 pm
      I don't think we'll be signing now. True or not it's not what we need to be associating ourselves with.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpools-samuel-etoo-move-could-4061042?

He'll end up at the Blueshite.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,224 posts | 4419 
      Reply #246: Aug 22, 2014 02:12:40 pm
      Looks like Ajax have pulled out of signing him teach the c**t for trying to break Hendos leg.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,350 posts | 2873 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #247: Aug 22, 2014 05:06:08 pm
      Id still sign him. I wasn't for him being the "one" but now it looks like Balotelli is in then Id gladly take Etoo.

Sturridge and Mario your main 2 striker with Sterling and Markovic used as the 3rd man in a front 3. Etoo and Lambert your back up. That's not bad at all
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,224 posts | 4419 
      Reply #248: Aug 22, 2014 05:12:39 pm
      Id still sign him. I wasn't for him being the "one" but now it looks like Balotelli is in then Id gladly take Etoo.

Sturridge and Mario your main 2 striker with Sterling and Markovic used as the 3rd man in a front 3. Etoo and Lambert your back up. That's not bad at all
      No way we will pay the wages he will want to sit on the bench.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,350 posts | 2873 
      Reply #249: Aug 22, 2014 05:16:23 pm
      No way we will pay the wages he will want to sit on the bench.

THat was an issue I raised earlier in the week. Signing would be based on the set up for life millionaire not being a greedy c**t for wages
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,224 posts | 4419 
      Reply #250: Aug 22, 2014 05:20:08 pm
      THat was an issue I raised earlier in the week. Signing would be based on the set up for life millionaire not being a greedy c**t for wages

Yeah I get what your saying, Im pretty sure the sort of person Etoo is when he refuses to play at the WC for one of the poorest countries in the world because he is not getting enough dosh.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,224 posts | 4419 
      Reply #251: Aug 22, 2014 05:22:38 pm
      Having said all that there is rumours we are still after him. If true what do I know!!
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,350 posts | 2873 
      Reply #252: Aug 22, 2014 05:33:28 pm
      Yeah I get what your saying, Im pretty sure the sort of person Etoo is when he refuses to play at the WC for one of the poorest countries in the world because he is not getting enough dosh.

Sickening that wasn't it

Quick Reply