Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 17th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P14 W7 D4 L3

Sergio Romero (Sampdoria)

Read 12792 times
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,927 posts | 823 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Re: Sergio Romero (Sampdoria)
      Reply #92: Aug 14, 2014 01:30:59 am
      Boss nickname, I watched that youtube before my last post and thought hm didn't impress me that much.
      I always want to be wrong with our players (new possible ones too)
      I'd rather be wrong than right, because.. prove me wrong and we all still win.

Thought his shot stopping skills were strong enough, but I think in a back up we need someone who has what Mig doesn't atm, that strength in being commanding in the box and to distribute well.
      poolio_54
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 376 posts | 11 
      Reply #93: Aug 14, 2014 08:52:53 am
      Have you stopped beating your wife yet?  etc etc.

Why don't you just come out and say it?  "I want Federer banned."  Have some bollocks if you're going to silence any kind of dissent you don't like.

;D crack me up mate, if your trying to goad me into an argument you've picked the wrong guy. I would of said it was blatantly obvious what I was talking about, I mentioned the biggest WUM on here and you knew it was you :)

A comment like your 1st in this thread aimed to do nothing but course anger against the management of the club and disharmony amongst fans. There really was nothing else to take from such foundation less shod. Who amongst us had actually ever said anything remotely like what u are quoting?

I for one want the feel good factor and fan unity from the back end of last season to carry into the new season and at present the WUMs on this forum are going into overdrive chipping at at that. You are King WUM..... How are you still here? It's time for someone to step in and you be gone, I doubt any would miss you.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,033 posts | 3961 
      Reply #94: Aug 14, 2014 09:28:09 am
      Oh I thought you were done posting permanently across the board?

Hell if it's only this thread then I don't even care anymore.

You know what mate I couldn't be arsed putting the wopper on blank, his opinion is meaningless and ineffectual.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #95: Aug 14, 2014 10:10:03 am
      Absolutely not.  It would have been a series of "we don't need a keeper, we've got Mignolet"!

in the same vein as "we don't need a striker, let's give Lambert and Borini a chance," and "we don't need a DM, we have Lucas" etc etc.

I don't recall seeing anyone at all failing to acknowledge the fact that we need to get another keeper to provide competition for Migs. Yet you seem to think that it is the total opposite just so you can have a bi*ch and moan.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #96: Aug 14, 2014 10:11:36 am
      Thought his shot stopping skills were strong enough, but I think in a back up we need someone who has what Mig doesn't atm, that strength in being commanding in the box and to distribute well.

Well yes, I don't disagree with you.
      But, he'll command his area better as time goes by and the better competition goalie (like all of us) should realise Mignolet is our goalie and anyone coming in won't be taking his place.
      poolio_54
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 376 posts | 11 
      Reply #97: Aug 14, 2014 10:47:59 am
      I don't recall seeing anyone at all failing to acknowledge the fact that we need to get another keeper to provide competition for Migs. Yet you seem to think that it is the total opposite just so you can have a bi*ch and moan.

It's more than just a b#tch and a moan mate, he has a clear agenda to cause arguing and drag the forum down

Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #98: Aug 14, 2014 10:52:57 am
      Woke up and saw 4 pages under the thread name. Really thought many reputed journos had shared the same story but then realized some typical crap was spouted and everyone got sucked into it.

On topic, not really keen on Romero. Hope the Coates swap story isn't true

http://forzaitalianfootball.com/2014/08/liverpool-offer-coates-in-exchange-for-sampdoria-goalkeeper/

Would like a young one who could fight Migs given the latter's uncertainties last season. Butland, Loris Karius, even Alex McCarthy..?

Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #99: Aug 14, 2014 04:27:54 pm
      Regarding people down rating Mignolet, I actually think Mignolet is a very good shotstopper. He just does not command the box well and seems very static on the line. He's the opposite of Reina who is a very poor shot stopper but he gets moves and commands around the box very well. I think some people  here already noticed it since they said if we could mix Reina and Mignolet we would have the best keeper in the world. I think Mignolet will get better at coming off his line and being more of a presence in the box, but Reina's shot stopping won't improve so we did the right thing selling Reina and keeping Mignolet... however maybe Rodgers isn't patient like this so wants to sign somebody he thinks will be helpful to our team whilst Mignolet is maturing into the finished product I am sure that we will get a lot of once we have the end product.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,623 posts | 2159 
      Reply #100: Aug 14, 2014 04:50:30 pm
      I still don't understand why we didn't make a move for Vorm, he would have been perfect as back up and competition for Mignolet.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,719 posts | 3941 
      Reply #101: Aug 14, 2014 05:42:19 pm
      Regarding people down rating Mignolet, I actually think Mignolet is a very good shotstopper. He just does not command the box well and seems very static on the line. He's the opposite of Reina who is a very poor shot stopper but he gets moves and commands around the box very well. I think some people  here already noticed it since they said if we could mix Reina and Mignolet we would have the best keeper in the world. I think Mignolet will get better at coming off his line and being more of a presence in the box, but Reina's shot stopping won't improve so we did the right thing selling Reina and keeping Mignolet... however maybe Rodgers isn't patient like this so wants to sign somebody he thinks will be helpful to our team whilst Mignolet is maturing into the finished product I am sure that we will get a lot of once we have the end product.

Absolute bollocks!!! Reina was all about shot stopping for me.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #102: Aug 14, 2014 05:55:47 pm
      In your opinion it is bollocks but not mine. To quantify it I would say.

Reina:

Shot stopping: 6
      Positioning: 7
      Command of the box: 9

Mignolet:

Shot stopping: 9
      Positioning: 6
      Command of the box: 5
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #103: Aug 14, 2014 06:09:31 pm

I know this was in response to Ribapuru, but was there not another way you could possibly phrase this? Example: "I wholeheartedly disagree"

In your opinion it is bollocks but not mine. To quantify it I would say.

Reina:

Shot stopping: 6
      Positioning: 7
      Command of the box: 9

Mignolet:

Shot stopping: 9
      Positioning: 6
      Command of the box: 5

If that's how you would rate each aspect of their game, it would appear fairly accurate from what I've seen. That said, I don't think Mignolet is a 9/10 shot stopper. I've seen him fluff quite a few decent shots just over the past season. You should consider distribution to. This is something Mignolet clearly needs to work on.

We could certainly improve on Mignolet, but I don't feel the position is a cause for concern (unless he gets injured, that is).
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #104: Aug 14, 2014 06:12:16 pm
      Whilst it's all well and good comparing Pepe and Migs against each other for the thousandth time, this is actually a thread regarding the possible transfer of Sergio Romero.
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #105: Aug 14, 2014 06:19:28 pm
      Whilst it's all well and good comparing Pepe and Migs against each other for the thousandth time, this is actually a thread regarding the possible transfer of Sergio Romero.

Sergio Romero wasn't really the player I followed at the world cup. I know his defence were a rock but I couldn't recall his individual performances?

Do you happen to remember much? And if so, any good?
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #106: Aug 14, 2014 06:25:42 pm
      Sergio Romero wasn't really the player I followed at the world cup. I know his defence were a rock but I couldn't recall his individual performances?

Do you happen to remember much? And if so, any good?

I never really rated him but I think I came to that conclusion because the Argentine defence on the whole is generally crap so I couldn't see the keeper being any better, a bit narrow minded of me really but I watched him a bit during the World cup and he looked decent enough, would without question be an upgrade on Jones and maybe flourish under the Rodgers regime and push to be first choice. What stood out for me was his composure under pressure, he looked so composed during the penalty shootout where he saved about 3 of Hollands spot kicks and I remember him making a fair few very good saves throughout the tournament too. Seemed to have confidence when coming for the ball too, something that has been massively noted as an area Migs struggles.

Romero wouldn't cost a massive amount and although players can have a good International competition, it doesn't mean they will turn out to be a good signing but IMO I think we could do a lot worse and I'd feel a lot more confident with him and Migs as opposed to Jones and Migs.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #107: Aug 14, 2014 07:35:38 pm
      Thread virtually ruined courtesy of a ridiculous second post, nice but I'm not shocked given the poster.
      Aye, it's a pity there were no mods about. :couch:

:f_tongueincheek:

LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,719 posts | 3941 
      Reply #108: Aug 14, 2014 07:45:26 pm
      I know this was in response to Ribapuru, but was there not another way you could possibly phrase this? Example: "I wholeheartedly disagree"

You are joking right? You're having me on.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #109: Aug 14, 2014 07:57:19 pm
      If he were brought in he would obviously begin his time here as our number two keeper, but if he performed well in the cup competitions then I'm sure he will begin to push Migs for a starting roll.

Wish people would stop feeding the resident troll/gimp thooo

racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,634 posts | 3861 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #110: Aug 14, 2014 09:43:13 pm
      I know this was in response to Ribapuru, but was there not another way you could possibly phrase this?

He could have tried "What a load of bollocks"
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #111: Aug 14, 2014 11:19:29 pm
      We just need a stronger keeper than Jones to push him.
      I thought we had one , a Spanish fella with a baldy head .

RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,927 posts | 823 
      Reply #112: Aug 14, 2014 11:21:56 pm
      I thought we had one , a Spanish fella with a baldy head .

We did but he had a problem with the manager didn't he or vice versa.
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #113: Aug 14, 2014 11:32:27 pm
      We did but he had a problem with the manager didn't he or vice versa.
      Sadly mate we will never really know the true story , Migs isn't a bad keeper just not the best either so he needs to put the wind up his arse , so we do need to get rid of Jones and sign real competition .

RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,927 posts | 823 
      Reply #114: Aug 14, 2014 11:36:04 pm
      Sadly mate we will never really know the true story , Migs isn't a bad keeper just not the best either so he needs to put the wind up his arse , so we do need to get rid of Jones and sign real competition .

Agreed whether Romero can be that keeper who knows.

Quick Reply