Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 6th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P3 W0 D1 L2

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the Match

Mignolet
      1 (1.1%)
      Manquillo
      9 (10.3%)
      Moreno
      1 (1.1%)
      Lovren
      3 (3.4%)
      Sakho
      3 (3.4%)
      Gerrard
      6 (6.9%)
      Coutinho
      17 (19.5%)
      Henderson
      24 (27.6%)
      Lallana
      6 (6.9%)
      Balotelli
      4 (4.6%)
      Markovic
      4 (4.6%)
      Sterling
      0 (0%)
      Lambert
      0 (0%)
      Borini
      9 (10.3%)

Total Members Voted: 85

Voting closed: Sep 16, 2014 07:32:41 pm

Liverpool 0-1 Villa: In game and Post Match Apocalypse

Read 30483 times
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Re: Liverpool 0-1 Villa: In game and Post Match Apocalypse
      Reply #299: Sep 13, 2014 09:13:32 pm
      The creative players today provided absolutely no service whatsoever to Balo, who in turn was dragged way out of position. I assumed with Couts, Lallana and Marko all playing today, there would be plenty of chances.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Reply #300: Sep 13, 2014 09:16:50 pm
      Henderson not being courageous - really? - more like he was told to sit deep with Stevie and avoid what happened last season when Stevie got run ragged.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Reply #301: Sep 13, 2014 09:18:25 pm
      The creative players today provided absolutely no service whatsoever to Balo, who in turn was dragged way out of position. I assumed with Couts, Lallana and Marko all playing today, there would be plenty of chances.

There was no understanding at all between the 3 of them. It's going to take time.

Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,991 posts | 3062 
      Reply #302: Sep 13, 2014 09:46:24 pm
      Not for the first time I was a little disappointed with the lack of responsibility being taken by some players, the amount of fear they played with. Gerrard was being marked and double marked on the edge of our box, but Henderson was infuriatingly conservative in possession, his passing crab-like on occasions. When you have pressers arriving at the speed with which Delph and Cleverley were, it only takes a little calmness on the ball, a sidestep or the drop of a shoulder and they go whizzing past and out of the game. Henderson in particular though was treating the ball like a red hot potato and often gave it to a player who had less space than he did, at a ridiculous speed too.

Sooner or later we are going to have to come to terms with teams who press the captain at the exclusion of everyone else. Have someone else, anyone else who can play the sort of passes Gerrard does would be a big help. The annoying thing is Henderson can on occasions, but he is too fearful of making a mistake. Equally, someone needs to talk to Balotelli about his responsibility if he's playing up top on his own. There's little point in him going out to the left wing when we haven't got a box to box midfiuelder or inside forward who's going to fill the gaps he's leaving.

All in all p!ss poor from all concerned. I'm going to give the man of the match to Glen Johnson, but as he's not on the list I'll abstain.

Watching a different game then tonight Mick - I thought Hendo did exactly the opposite and looked to take on the passing on several occasions.

If anything I thought Stevie sat far too deep in a game where they really werent pressing till he got the ball.

Try to avoid the post match thread generally but really think that's unfair.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #303: Sep 13, 2014 09:58:30 pm
      Don't feel like anybody performed today.

I am incredibly disappointed.
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,011 posts | 226 
      Reply #304: Sep 13, 2014 10:01:40 pm
      sorry but Sakho just not doing for me
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Re: Live: Liverpool V Aston Villa
      Reply #305: Sep 13, 2014 10:04:01 pm
      Need to steady this ship and get momentum again. F**k off resting players until we have confidence and the rest bedded in.

I admit it's been a while since I was 19 but I don't remember needing a rest because I played two footy matches in two weeks...
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Reply #306: Sep 13, 2014 10:06:04 pm
      sorry but Sakho just not doing for me

Why?

verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,011 posts | 226 
      Reply #307: Sep 13, 2014 10:12:42 pm

he has done BR every time even when he was at Swansea
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #308: Sep 13, 2014 10:19:35 pm
      sh*te performance from players and crowd (again).
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,162 posts | 3388 
      Reply #309: Sep 13, 2014 10:31:00 pm
      We twatted Villa without hurting them - maybe more because they allowed us to than anything but so what. They sat back and invited us on them. We got into a few dangerous positions, especially with the full backs overlapping. What we lacked was somebody willing to take on the Villa defence, running at them, until Sterling came on.

Coutinho looks to have a cob on that Suarez has gone and now seems unprepared to pass to anybody in an advanced position. Balotelli, I've never rated highly anyway, doesn't do enough for me. Lallana, again somebody I don't rate, looked out of place. Markovic looked to have moments but wasn't consistent enough. Gerrard and Henderson were both too deep and neither broke on ahead of the front line to give us an extra runner. Sakho is a liability. Lovren has struggled to make the step up from Southampton to Liverpool. Moreno started slowly then grew into the game. Manquillo was alright. Mignolet didn't do a lot wrong.

Something was really lacking from the performance. It was almost as if the players had one eye on Tuesday night instead. There was no urgency to our play, too lethargic throughout. Lack of movement from the front four. Just a bad day all round.

Put ourselves in a difficult situation already. This was a chance to captalise on dropped points by Arsenal, City and Tottenham and we failed to do so. Have  to win against West Ham and Everton now.
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,011 posts | 226 
      Reply #310: Sep 13, 2014 10:35:52 pm

1. liability
      2. lack of composure
      3. uncomfortable on the ball
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #311: Sep 13, 2014 10:41:47 pm
      I wasn't expecting to confront this crap on here, we passed the ball like liquid sunshine you neg bastinos.. and the team is still gelling, Markovic was great... it was Coutinho who looked out of his depth more than Markovic.
      F**k this added twatstorm after a defeat, we dominated the ball and they were dirty bas**rds too (hello ref are you working today?)
      We will all move on and the team will get better.

kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #312: Sep 13, 2014 10:46:02 pm

Sorry lad but cant agree with that!

He was as poor as the rest although the game didnt suit him with Villa sitting so deep.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,900 posts | 6827 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #313: Sep 13, 2014 10:49:12 pm
      For starters, who the F**k are half of these posters, I've never heard of before  ???

Secondly, I'm F***ing gutted. 2 Losses already, There were only 2 lads out there that can hold their heads up, young Manquillo and Jordan.

Can't believe we let Senderos look like the best CB in the world in the first half and that peice of sh*t Cleverly llok decent as well.

Oh yeah, they are a bunch of dirty cu*ts, never thought that till now and Phil Mason is a c**t of the highest order.

That doesn't take away from the fact that we we poor and I hope Brendan scraps that early formation and plays 2 up top from the off, from now on.

Let's put this game right behind us and get our groove back in time for the Champions League match because I don't want us to step onto the biggest stage of all and play like we did today.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Reply #314: Sep 13, 2014 10:50:37 pm
      1. liability
      2. lack of composure
      3. uncomfortable on the ball

What a load of sh*te. Lovren who was at error for the goal. From what I saw didn't miss place a pass and found his man with passes that usually put us on the front foot.
      I will give you he looks uncomfortable - but that's just his style.

brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #315: Sep 13, 2014 10:51:55 pm
      Villa did their homework and must of loved it when Stirling wasn't on the team sheet .
      When I was 19 I could work drink and shag for Britain and get up and do it again every day,sorry,BR that was a mistake.
      Very poor performance.
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #316: Sep 13, 2014 11:25:50 pm
      westham away not going to be easy game or everton at home, we got win both keep up with chelsea, chelsea look like their not going drop too many points, hate cu*ts chelsea
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #317: Sep 13, 2014 11:28:25 pm
      we are lucky have 6 points, we not playing well, feel we end up 5 or 6, too many players in one season takes time
      welshy7777
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 155 posts |
      Reply #318: Sep 13, 2014 11:44:42 pm
      Utter s**t at one point Moreno had a go at the 2 centre backs and gerrard after a corner got through totally unchallenged.Ballotelli didn't move countino had a go...cissoko took markevoic out of the game..was an utter shambles infact was a f****n disgrace
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #319: Sep 13, 2014 11:46:35 pm
      That was as frustrating as it was disappointing. Like many have said the new faces disrupted the "cohesion" of the side. Rodgers will need to work on this and get it right because we'll be seeing more rotation is my guess, what with CL coming up. Hence the reason Sterling was sub. Lallana got better as the game went on and he was having more of an impact than Markovic but Rodgers I suppose brought him off as he wasn't match fit to last 90.

Lambert copied and pasted Mourinho's tactics at Anfield last season and it worked a treat for them. They started the more lively, got their reward and killed the game with a disciplined defensive approach. Meanwhile, our team couldn't muster any tempo or "cohesion" up, the first half was dire and the second wasn't much better really. We failed to really work their keeper and I can only remember Coutinho's strike that hit the post made me feel excited throughout the game. Our front four of Lallana, Markovic, Coutinho and Balotelli generally uninspired and we missed our two key players in Sterling and Sturridge who, as it stands is the only player who has proven he's an actual goal threat.

I thought Henderson was very good and probably our best player. Impressed in how he went about his work, his passing was good but like the rest of the team today he generally lacks 'it' in the final third.
      gaz1975
      • On Trial

• 2 posts |
      Reply #320: Sep 13, 2014 11:52:08 pm
      Does anyone else think couthinio is just not good enough? I've thought this for a while but our results last season seemed to hide this,yes he has some great moments ,but like today he had so much ball yet very little impact,hope I'm proven wrong but I don't think he is good enough,very disappointed today :-[
      welshy7777
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 155 posts |
      Reply #321: Sep 13, 2014 11:58:35 pm
      Secondly, I'm f**king gutted. 2 Losses already, There were only 2 lads out there that can hold their heads up, young Manquillo and Jordan.......Manquillo had a stinker did i miss something on that basis Flannaghan will walk back into that team

Quick Reply