Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 2nd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P23 W7 D5 L11

Newcastle 1:0 Liverpool. In game & post game discussion.

Read 33768 times
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Re: Live: Newcastle V Liverpool
      Reply #391: Nov 01, 2014 02:56:14 pm
      Everything about Balloteli stinks he is that cocksure of himself, coming out late at half time is all about his attitude, drop him now
      And what has this to do with the sh*te game all the others played
       surely the other players and Mario did not play good and played like school boys because Balotelli came out a bit late for the 2nd half

LFCSTEVE1984
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,730 posts | 408 
      Reply #392: Nov 01, 2014 02:57:39 pm
      The last roll of the dice this season will be the diamond with Balotelli and Sturridge up there because let's face it January won't fix this and Brendan quite clearly has no confidence in going two up top without Danny.

Today was a perfect day to try it. Borini had a decent game and Balotelli was coming into this on the back of scoring. Coutinho's sh*te away from home so it was a great opportunity to play Sterling in the middle where he's most dangerous. Yet we didn't do it. We went back to Balotelli on his own and Raheem pushed out to the right wing and Coutinho being a passenger. It's the same mistakes being made week in week out by our manager but he's not being helped by the fact that 90% of the lads on the pitch couldn't give a sh*t today.

He needs to start bollocking them then, can you imagine whiskey nose (if he was still there) just standing there arms folded if the scum were playing that bad. Even fat sam has more fire and motivation from the side lines than Brendan
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #393: Nov 01, 2014 02:59:13 pm
      I don't even think it's that they are sh*te mate. Just think we bought the wrong players for the system we were playing last season. For instance swap Balotelli for Remy and it'd probably be a different season (i know he is injured now, but you get the picture)

No I said "Right now" they are sh*te. Not that we bought sh*te.

Remy would not have been good enough, but would have been better.
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #394: Nov 01, 2014 02:59:50 pm
      I'm just wondering whether BR even knows what is wrong with his tactics when so much is said here or he's still buries his head in sand thinking everything is well and dandy when the football is so torturing to watch, no penetration down the middle, everyone pushed to the side running in circles and dead alleys, leaving a gulf of space in the middle of the park for barcodes to attack.
      Scally21
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 991 posts | 71 
      Reply #395: Nov 01, 2014 03:00:06 pm
      With such a performance, I won't expect you be going. But I still would.

You've either got more money than sense then or you're just being obnoxious.
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #396: Nov 01, 2014 03:00:15 pm
      Just got off a plane. Goddamn, what did I miss?
      You were lucky mate, surely a few 'big' air pockets on your flight are better than the sh*te one experienced watching the game

YNWA

LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #397: Nov 01, 2014 03:01:54 pm
      I dont understand why we have stopped passing fast, pressing high and where has our movement gone? Its just like a new manager came in forget about new players... why cant they do what he wanted them to do last season...

Or has he asked them to do something different?????? Why would he.
      AlexLFC95
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,393 posts | 56 
      Reply #398: Nov 01, 2014 03:02:57 pm
      Let's see, will Brendan continue to pretend there is not a problem and it's all because we have less time to train because we are in Europe?
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,924 posts | 823 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #399: Nov 01, 2014 03:06:00 pm
      Felt sorry for Sterling out on the right with Johnson behind him meaning he will never get the ball via that route.

Johnson was so narrow and completely set on just turning inside and passing the ball across.

Should really change my name to vjohnson if it gets rid.
      ruthcity

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #400: Nov 01, 2014 03:07:00 pm
      You've either got more money than sense then or you're just being obnoxious.
      That must also apply to every one of those traveling to Madrid this week, and all of us who are attending all our upcoming matches.
      RedRepublican
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 35 posts |
      Reply #401: Nov 01, 2014 03:07:24 pm
      Really dismal performance.

The annoying thing is this game was there to be won. Newcastle are a limited side at the moment and really didn't show much themselves. It was crying out for someone to add some midfield or attacking quality. But no-one supplied it.

We had no quality possession in their half. Our attacking play lacks any speed, invention and control. Much improvement needed.

:kop5cf8koxp6:

Tadders

• 6,789 posts | 574 
      Reply #402: Nov 01, 2014 03:07:57 pm
      Let's not forget the comical performance of the ref; 2 blatant red cards both yellows.

Pardew: happy with the discipline.

cutn
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #403: Nov 01, 2014 03:09:12 pm
      Must of been 20 50 yard passes. Most by Lovren and none were successful. Terrible tactic. Why have sterling and coutinho in the team. Balotelli is not a ball winner, not actually sure what he is.

That Moreno volley chance.... Balo crossed that in from 30 yards out. What the F**k is he doing out there and our LB in the box?

I am trying not to concentrate my anger on Balo... but unfortunately he is hopeless.
      Tadders

• 6,789 posts | 574 
      Reply #404: Nov 01, 2014 03:09:34 pm
      64% of the possession - given to us as confirmed by Pardew - what does that say about us?
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #405: Nov 01, 2014 03:10:05 pm
      Next two games are going to be painful.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,785 posts | 6743 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #406: Nov 01, 2014 03:11:03 pm
      Please tell me Brendan didn't say anything positive about that sh*t we just witnessed in his post match press conference?
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #407: Nov 01, 2014 03:11:59 pm
      Next two games are going to be painful.

Or unexpectedly wonderful ?
      Scally21
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 991 posts | 71 
      Reply #408: Nov 01, 2014 03:12:04 pm
      That must also apply to every one of those traveling to Madrid this week, and all of us who are attending all our upcoming matches.

Do I feel sorry for our fans who have to put up with paying to watch a team with no desire or direction - absolutely.
      Nene
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 167 posts |
      Reply #409: Nov 01, 2014 03:12:12 pm
      I'm just wondering whether BR even knwos what is wrong with his tactics or he's still buries his head in sand thinking everything is well and dandy when the football is so torturing to watch, no penetration down the middle, everyone pushed to the side running in circles and dead alleys, leaving a gulf of space in the middle of the park for barcodes to attack.

Show some respect for the manager of mighty Liverpool, you sh*te. BR is the best football strategist in the Premier League, and we are lucky to have him in charge. Remember, he single-handedly took us to 2d place and almost to the title last season. If it wasn't for that w**ker Suárez, if it wasn't for the points we lost because of his sh*tty play, we would have won the League easily. It'll be different now. Now that the little greaser is gone (good riddance) BR can finally show his true masterful managing skills, and we will win the title this season for sure.
      solodee

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #410: Nov 01, 2014 03:13:09 pm
      What we really had last season?

Some players that made us feel like we had an exceptionally good manager.

redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #411: Nov 01, 2014 03:14:28 pm
      BR can only analyse and experiment that much and the longer he analyses and experiments without getting the right results in it's gonna cost him dearly, not forgetting that he has spend 100 mil on players and such sh*t performances will ultimately do him no favors.

In this game I won't start to fault any of the players, take a look at them, all asked to be pinned to the sidelines, hardly any movement down the middle. This is an epic failure of tactics?

Could it be that BR already knows we don't have a strong DM which he has failed big time to get one in and get the ball to the sidelines and do nothing with it, and still failed big time today to halt the barcodes midfield?

More worrying is the body language of the players, it just isn;t right, Is BR loosing the dressing room?

Something is very very wrong here, I don't know what it is.
      harrydunn08

• 5,923 posts | 965 
      Reply #412: Nov 01, 2014 03:14:44 pm
      I'll tell you, I'll tell you what I think happend last season and this

We have to stop kidding ourselves, man for man we are not that good

Last season we had (aside from Suarez and Studge) average players playing above themselves

This season they've been found out

Man for man we are not good enough

F**k me I feel like crying I really do

I'm not buying that mate.  We certainly have our average performers, but we also have some damn good players who are many levels above anything that Newcastle or Hull City have.  Coutinho, Sterling, Studge, Sakho, Gerrard, and Balotelli are all top level players.  Lovren, Lallana, and Lambert were all brilliant last season with Southampton.  And I saw Can play for Leverkusen and Markovic for Benfica -- these two are damn good players!!  BR just has us playing sh*te at the moment.  His persistence with playing Balotelli in a formation and system that doesn't suit him is just ignorance!!  He has us being too patient in possession, and it's almost as if he expects that if we keep the ball long enough that the other team will just give up.  BR has no answer for teams who sit men behind the ball and play on the counter.  We certainly have the players to beat these teams, but right now we lack a manager with the tactical nous (or perhaps its just an unwillingness to change) to do so....
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,013 posts | 3953 
      Reply #413: Nov 01, 2014 03:15:22 pm
      We nearly conceded twice in the first 10 minutes because Gerrard couldn't keep up, not smoking anything! Also, there were quite a few occasions when he had the ball and a few yards of space and he kept trying to do long balls to Sterling.

And the defenders could keep up?
      Defenders whose stumbling and lack of urgency led to the goal.
      You in your questionable wisdom blame our captain for the balls up.
      Before Borini came on Sterling was taking long balls as a matter of course from different sources.
      Once again you fault our captain when for a variety of reasons the long ball tactic was the only one on the table.
      Given your record of negativity your comment is no surprise whatever.

Quick Reply