Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

Wilfried Bony (Swansea City)

Read 12110 times
      insideanfield
      • Forum Sami Hyypia

• 472 posts | 22 
      Re: Wilfried Bony (Swansea City)
      Reply #46: Jan 06, 2015 09:10:12 pm
      No but I wouldn't have signed them either.

I personally think Bony is simply a better version of those, and none really suit us.

I'd rather we actually went out and found someone who suits our style.. Someone in the Suarez mould rather than the Balotelli mould

Lacazette, Berahino, Vietto, Dybala will all suit our system. Lets see if we get any of those!
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #47: Jan 06, 2015 09:12:55 pm
      Lacazette, Berahino, Vietto, Dybala will all suit our system. Lets see if we get any of those!

This is all I mean, there must be dozens of players more suited to the way we set up that won't comprise us as Balotelli and Lambert have done us
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #48: Jan 06, 2015 09:14:55 pm
      Well Aguero gets injured almost as much as Sturridge and they are playing Milner up front at the moment so I think he will get games. Pellegrini doesn't seem to fancy Jovetic and Dzeko.

Don't know how they are getting around the spending restriction the fuckers.

Milner has only been playing up top because all 3 of the strikers have been injured. Pretty unlikely they will all be out for as long as they have been at the same time again.

Based on what?
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #49: Jan 06, 2015 09:16:14 pm
      Thank goodness. And for that price :D
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #50: Jan 06, 2015 09:18:17 pm
      No but I wouldn't have signed them either.

I personally think Bony is simply a better version of those, and none really suit us.

I'd rather we actually went out and found someone who suits our style.. Someone in the Suarez mould rather than the Balotelli mould

Me too mate. Would love Jackson Martinez or Higuain personally. Unfortunately we don't seem to be able to attract the top level players anymore :(
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #51: Jan 06, 2015 09:21:09 pm
      Thank goodness. And for that price :D

Well when he helps City win another title and we have a piss poor season we won't be laughing saying thank goodness.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #52: Jan 06, 2015 09:22:27 pm
      Well when he helps City win another title and we have a piss poor season we won't be laughing saying thank goodness.

Unfortunately very much the case.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #53: Jan 06, 2015 09:24:52 pm

He may win them the league but i don't think he'd be a miracle worker for us. Personally, i don't want to see us spunk out well over the odds for a player who doesn't fit in to the side.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Reply #54: Jan 06, 2015 09:26:29 pm

No guarantee's in life mate he could be their next Scott Sinclair or Jack Rodwell.

7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #55: Jan 06, 2015 09:26:36 pm
      Personally, i don't want to see us spunk out well over the odds for a player who doesn't fit in to the side.

I don't buy all this about him not being able to fit into our side. The exact same thing was said about Sturridge by a lot of people, certainly doubting whether he would be able to play alongside/in the same team as Suarez because they both want to be playing through the middle. Yet all the doubters were proved wrong big time!
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #56: Jan 06, 2015 09:28:36 pm
      I don't buy all this about him not being able to fit into our side. The exact same thing was said about Sturridge by a lot of people, certainly doubting whether he would be able to play alongside/in the same team as Suarez because they both want to be playing through the middle. Yet all the doubters were proved wrong.

Don't buy it if you don't want. But big, strong strikers have performed terrifically for us under Brendan haven't they?

Comparing Bony to Suarez and Sturridge...
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #57: Jan 06, 2015 09:30:22 pm
      I don't buy all this about him not being able to fit into our side. The exact same thing was said about Sturridge by a lot of people, certainly doubting whether he would be able to play alongside/in the same team as Suarez because they both want to be playing through the middle. Yet all the doubters were proved wrong big time!

Sturridge was always the 'type' to fit the way Brendan wants to play, we've seen enough of Bony to see the style he plays.. He's more a target man than a fluid striker like Suarez or Sturridge

Surely surely there are more suitable players out there than the obvious, and likely overpriced latest wonder in the PL
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #58: Jan 06, 2015 09:33:01 pm
      Don't buy it if you don't want. But big, strong strikers have performed terrifically for us under Brendan haven't they?

Comparing Bony to Suarez and Sturridge...

Maybe you should read my post again mate because I didn't compare Bony to them two in the slightest. I said people were proved wrong by doubting that Sturridge would be the type of player we should be signing, there is a massive difference between that and comparing them.

Also Bony isn't just a powerful player, he has a decent amount of pace, is able to beat his man and has good movement and can create a lot of space either for himself or others. Something the other big strong players we have signed over the last few years don't have and can't do.

Sturridge was always the 'type' to fit the way Brendan wants to play, we've seen enough of Bony to see the style he plays..

I agree, but the questions being raised were his attitude and whether we could basically have him and Suarez both playing because where they both want to play.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Reply #59: Jan 06, 2015 09:33:34 pm
      Sturridge was always the 'type' to fit the way Brendan wants to play, we've seen enough of Bony to see the style he plays.. He's more a target man than a fluid striker like Suarez or Sturridge

Surely surely there are more suitable players out there than the obvious, and likely overpriced latest wonder in the PL

There is and we will see him in the next few weeks........Origi...
      bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #60: Jan 06, 2015 09:42:49 pm
      Imo we missed out big time in the summer with Bony when he was the right price and brought in balotelli instead really think this transfer committee need to be torn apart it just aint working  :f_steam: :f_steam: :f_steam:
      Sack the lot of them .

federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #61: Jan 06, 2015 11:06:49 pm
      Imo we missed out big time in the summer with Bony when he was the right price and brought in balotelli instead

No.  It wasn't this summer when we missed out on him.

It was two summers ago when Swansea bought him for £12m.  THAT was when we should have gone for him.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #62: Jan 06, 2015 11:09:31 pm
      No.  It wasn't this summer when we missed out on him.

It was two summers ago when Swansea bought him for £12m.  THAT was when we should have gone for him.

If you are going to be like that we actually missed out on him in the Rafa days when he was on trial with us and we could have signed him for less than a million.
      Class
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 310 posts | 82 
      Reply #63: Jan 07, 2015 12:28:34 am
      No guarantee's in life mate he could be their next Scott Sinclair or Jack Rodwell.

Agreed there aren't any guarantees in life but in the interest of fairness Bony is much more of a sure thing than Sinclair and Rodwell ever were. Rodwell and Sinclair weren't the reliable week in week out performers Bony is. Sinclair was still mastering the art of taking the ball with him whilst he ran and Rodwell was still 90% hype, 9% potential and 1% talent (now he's just 100% gash).

I just think if City can accommodate someone like Dzeko then Bony will be just fine.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #64: Jan 07, 2015 02:18:48 am
      Maybe you should read my post again mate because I didn't compare Bony to them two in the slightest. I said people were proved wrong by doubting that Sturridge would be the type of player we should be signing, there is a massive difference between that and comparing them.

Also Bony isn't just a powerful player, he has a decent amount of pace, is able to beat his man and has good movement and can create a lot of space either for himself or others. Something the other big strong players we have signed over the last few years don't have and can't do.

At least Sturridge had the profile and style to play for us. Bony doesn't graft off the ball, doesn't have excessive pace or a turn of speed like Luis or Sturridge and he couldn't interchange with our other attackers.

The beauty of last season was that the SaSaS could play anywhere up front and if one dropped off, the other two could get up the pitch. Bony would make us way too static to return to that and he'd cost a chunk.

I'm glad we haven't signed him, but i can see why City will sign him. He will fit them moreso than us.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #65: Jan 07, 2015 06:05:10 am
      seen reports this morning that City are about to sign him for £30m.  I mean I don't think Bony is by any means a bad player but F***ing hell, £30m?!  have they lost the plot??!?

is he better than Dzeko?  no.  is he better than Aguero?  hell no.  F**k's sake if push comes to shove they can play Jovetic or even Silva as a striker.  £30m on Bony is just absurd.  We paid £23m for SUAREZ.  They paid £38m for Aguero.  How on earth is Bony worth £30m?

I think (hope) this one is going to come back to bite them in the arse.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #66: Jan 07, 2015 06:32:10 am
      seen reports this morning that City are about to sign him for £30m.  I mean I don't think Bony is by any means a bad player but f**king hell, £30m?!  have they lost the plot??!?

is he better than Dzeko?  no.  is he better than Aguero?  hell no.  F**k's sake if push comes to shove they can play Jovetic or even Silva as a striker.  £30m on Bony is just absurd.  We paid £23m for SUAREZ.  They paid £38m for Aguero.  How on earth is Bony worth £30m?

I think (hope) this one is going to come back to bite them in the arse.

But they only paid 50 million for Torres, that was a successful deal---------------------for us.
      fletch_rox
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,189 posts | 12 
      • JFT96
      Reply #67: Jan 07, 2015 06:59:50 am
      Bony is better than Dzeko, just saying
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645