Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

Favourite Ever Liverpool FC Player

Read 13243 times
      StevieGfan
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 583 posts |
      • LFC - YNWA
      Re: Best Liverpool Player Ever
      Reply #115: Feb 21, 2009 09:49:09 am
      Steven Gerrard. no doubt!
      NandoTheLegend
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 139 posts |
      Reply #116: Feb 25, 2009 02:54:44 am
      Stevie! and Torres!
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,683 posts | 6980 
      Reply #117: Feb 25, 2009 02:57:20 am

If they win us a league title I'll think about it.
      NandoTheLegend
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 139 posts |
      Reply #118: Feb 25, 2009 02:59:46 am
      If they win us a league title I'll think about it.
      Well said i have to agree.
      cynisca
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 140 posts |
      Your Liverpool FC Legend
      Reply #119: Mar 31, 2009 05:14:59 pm
      Who's your all-time Liverpool FC Legend?
      And why?
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #120: Mar 31, 2009 05:23:35 pm
      Topics merged, as there was already a similar one going on.
      johnstop
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,745 posts | 23 
      Reply #121: Mar 31, 2009 07:38:53 pm
      I always feel guilty choosing one player over the next. But when KK left the bluenoses were crowing about how we would win nothing now and then Kenny arrived and it was like KK who was he.Still think different era's are difficult to compare.
      For me 60's Ian Callaghan the guy didn't know what loosing meant he would never give up.
      70's Kenny he took us to a new level.
      80,s Rushie one of our best defenders and he scored a few.
      90,s Robbie just wish he hadn't have had his wobbly couple of years and injuries.
      00's Got to be Stevie G even when he played full  back at the start he had more energy than most of the team combined he tackled as though his life depended on it and now hes the best player on the planet. That feels a bit better than just naming one. If we win the league though I will have to reconsider.
      RedRoy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,483 posts | 88 
      Reply #122: Mar 31, 2009 08:58:01 pm
      I can't pick one, so equal first in no particular order - Ian Rush,Stevie G, king Kenny.
      88gerrard88
      • On Trial

• 4 posts |
      Reply #123: Mar 31, 2009 09:08:03 pm
      Obvious choice for me Robbie the God Fowler,great player and great attitude to football.Long live the God
      RedLFCBlood
      Favourite Ever Liverpool FC Player
      Reply #124: Aug 04, 2009 12:29:47 pm
      Liverpool FC  have had some fantastic players in our History, players who have won countless honours with this great club, Players such as Dalglish, Hansen, Lawrenson, Souness, Keegan, Gerrard, Torres, Beardsley, Macmanaman, Fowler,Carragher, Rush, Mcmahon, Staunton, Kennedy,McDermot, Toshack, Paisley, Hunt, Liddle, Callaghan but to name a few, so the question I am posing today who is your all time favourite Red ?

A List of all the greats to ever Don the shirt of our great club can be found here

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Liverpool_F.C._players

I personally would have to go with the great man himself King Kenny, When I was a kid he was the greatest footballer on the planet there was no one in world football could touch him. Dalglish for me already knew what he was going to do do with the ball before he even received it. He was that good I would go as far as saying he wasn't just one step ahead of every one on the pitch he was maybe 3 or 4 such was the genius of his footballing brain.

Kenny had every thing a turn of pace, eye for the goal and he got a few of them in his time, but for me the thing that stood out with King Kenny was his reading of the game and the ability to make space for himself and play the killer ball for his team mates, Dalglish made our team of the late 70's and the 80's tick everything good that happened on the pitch, Dalglish played some part in it.

That is my reasons for choosing King Kenny and also for his outstanding contribution to this club as a player and manager and delivering success to this club.

Now who's your favourite ever player ?

« Last Edit: Aug 04, 2009 12:59:00 pm by RedLFCBlood »
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Re: Favourite Ever Liverpool FC Player
      Reply #125: Aug 04, 2009 12:47:42 pm
      For a change I won't go for the usual favourites but choose Craig Johnston. A player whom i come to admire a lot. He is not one of the big players around but he was quick and menacing cosidering his size and certainly I wouldn't like to play against him anytime. His continuous running throughout the 90 mins and harassing the  opposition defenders is something that the current crop of players should emulate and not stroking the ball around as if we were 5 goals up.
      Eem

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #126: Aug 04, 2009 12:54:10 pm
      Sami Hyypia. He's the main reason I started following the reds, which subsequently led me to becoming a passionate supporter.
      Obviously, the likes of Gerrard and Carra come in very, very close.
      redsonfire

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #127: Aug 04, 2009 01:05:06 pm
      Many players that have made an impact that got me started in this club.

Michael Owen was one of them but since I only watched him for a season or two donning the Red shirt, and then leaving the club to join the mancs I wouldn't count him as my favourite player any more.

Still remember the likes of Dudek, Hyypia and Carra in the side. Which made up a very solid defence. The turning point was in 2005 when I came to love Dudek as a player because of his double saves as well as his penalty saves.

But above all of them I have to say Steven Gerrard. He is the real drive and inspires the club forward. Even when the troops are down, he rallies them. Even if we are fighting for a lost cause, he continues to believe to achieve the impossible. The way I see him urging the crowd when he scored the 1st goal with that cross from Riise - says it all.

He has been ever so consistent for the club and is just a terror to begin with. I cannot just describe what a player he is that I cannot imagine Liverpool without Gerrard. He is the player who has made the most impact on me, even when he went for trial I had this funny feeling that he wouldn't be guilty.

A model professional on and off the field. The player that drives the club forward every game. The captain that rallies the troops for battle. And of course a legend in Liverpool's history.
      mattmcg
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,410 posts | 103 
      Reply #128: Aug 04, 2009 01:08:27 pm
      I'll be boring and say Steven Gerrard.  The most versatile player I've ever seen...just an absolute legend.  Carra summed it up perfectly when he said Gerrard was his favourite player because without him, we wouldn't have won as many trophies as we have in recent years.  Goals, assists, last ditch tackles, a true match winner and in my eyes, the best player in the world.
      mattmcg
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,410 posts | 103 
      Reply #129: Aug 04, 2009 01:13:08 pm
      A model professional on and off the field.

Unless of course, he doesn't get to listen to what he wants. ;)  A model professional in the arts of self-defence. :)
      redsonfire

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #130: Aug 04, 2009 01:18:38 pm
      Unless of course, he doesn't get to listen to what he wants. ;)  A model professional in the arts of self-defence. :)

The fact that he walked away ont guilty means that he is a model professional.

He is a superstar and I'll expect him to demand a lot from the ordinary folks. Players like him are highly respected and they can't take 'NO' for an answer because they are used to people giving in to them. However, despite McGee saying 'NO' to him, and then starting the fight before Gerrard acted in self defence, just goes to show that he is a down-to-earth lad as well who doesn't think he is anywhere near a legend status.
      mattmcg
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,410 posts | 103 
      Reply #131: Aug 04, 2009 01:26:11 pm
      ^ ^ ^ I hear ya, and I was only joking. :D
      StevieG-force
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,526 posts | 12 
      • Name:Richard-Age:21-Nationality:Welsh
      Reply #132: Aug 04, 2009 03:18:19 pm
      Steven Gerrard is my hero! By far the best Liverpool player I've seen in my generation of football.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,932 posts | 826 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #133: Aug 04, 2009 04:15:34 pm
      Well while i was growing up Owen was my idol i would watch game in and game out knowing if he plays he would score. When growing up Owen had to be the best player scoring week in week out being one of the best striker's in the premier league and i never thought he was the money type always was modest in interviews. Was the perfect role model and his scoring for us was phenomenal he couldn't stop and when he left it actually hurt.

But then along came Stevie G the best professional in the world he is the engine of the team he is Mr Liverpool try's to do everything for the team has a great score rate and his assist tally is good, for me he is by far the best captain in the premiership if not the world. If that's not good enough the amount of running he does for the team is just great, he is a brilliant tackler for me he is the all round player. And of the field he admires the club to bits his a home grown lad and takes pride in wearing the Liverpool shirt like all player's should if they come to this great club.

Owen if he had stayed maybe he would of been my favorite but he left for money were i thought he was a player that loved the club and didn't care about the money. But how wrong was i he didn't give a sh*t about Liverpool football club at all as you can all see by him joining the scum in man united if he ever truly ever loved Liverpool he wouldn't even of considered an offer let alone join them.

Gerrard is the best player i have ever seen set field on the anfield pitch and i think if you want to be an anfield legend in the eyes of the fans you could learn a lot from Steven Gerrard please remember that i haven't witnessed the greats like Rush,Hansen,Lawrenson so it is different for me but their is my opinion anyway.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,141 posts | 3383 
      Reply #134: Aug 04, 2009 05:17:01 pm
      Favourite ever player is my first Kop idol, the lad from my area of Liverpool, the lad who's nephew I went to school with, the lad who played on the same astro as I did, the lad who grew up just up the road from me, the lad who wore 23, 9 and 11, the lad who was God.

Robbie Fowler.

I've had the pleasure of meeting Robbie on a few occassions. Such a nice bloke as well as one hell of a player.
      bri1970
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 651 posts |
      Reply #135: Aug 04, 2009 05:30:19 pm
      My favorite player has to be King Kenny.
      He just had everything and was a pleasure watching him play.

There was nothing better when he scored and he ran away with that big smile on his face.
      Just Class.
      StevieIsStillGod
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 288 posts | 10 
      Reply #136: Aug 04, 2009 05:34:24 pm
      Well while I was growing up Owen was my idol I would watch game in and game out knowing if he plays he would score. When growing up Owen had to be the best player scoring week in week out being one of the best striker's in the premier league and I never thought he was the money type always was modest in interviews. Was the perfect role model and his scoring for us was phenomenal he couldn't stop and when he left it actually hurt.

But then along came Stevie G the best professional in the world he is the engine of the team he is Mr Liverpool try's to do everything for the team has a great score rate and his assist tally is good, for me he is by far the best captain in the premiership if not the world. If that's not good enough the amount of running he does for the team is just great, he is a brilliant tackler for me he is the all round player. And of the field he admires the club to bits his a home grown lad and takes pride in wearing the Liverpool shirt like all player's should if they come to this great club.

Owen if he had stayed maybe he would of been my favorite but he left for money were I thought he was a player that loved the club and didn't care about the money. But how wrong was I he didn't give a sh*t about Liverpool football club at all as you can all see by him joining the scum in man united if he ever truly ever loved Liverpool he wouldn't even of considered an offer let alone join them.

Gerrard is the best player I have ever seen set field on the anfield pitch and I think if you want to be an anfield legend in the eyes of the fans you could learn a lot from Steven Gerrard please remember that I haven't witnessed the greats like Rush,Hansen,Lawrenson so it is different for me but their is my opinion anyway.

I rarely agree with you in regards to transfers or squad decisions, but that is exactly how I feel about both Mikey and Stevie. Great post.
      JayP
      • Forum David Johnson

• 244 posts |
      • It's Rush!
      Reply #137: Aug 04, 2009 08:12:52 pm
      Cant decide between Rushie and his protege, God.

Quick Reply