Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 18th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P7 W3 D1 L3

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the Match?

Simon Mignolet
      2 (1.6%)
      Emre Can
      0 (0%)
      Martin Skrtel
      0 (0%)
      Mamadou Sakho
      11 (8.6%)
      Lazar Markovic
      0 (0%)
      Lucas Leiva
      2 (1.6%)
      Jordan Henderson
      3 (2.3%)
      Adam Lallana
      0 (0%)
      Alberto Moreno
      0 (0%)
      Philippe Coutinho
      79 (61.7%)
      Raheem Sterling
      22 (17.2%)
      Daniel Sturridge
      7 (5.5%)
      Jordon Ibe
      2 (1.6%)

Total Members Voted: 123

Voting closed: Feb 05, 2015 04:55:04 pm

Liverpool 2-0 West Ham: In game and Post Match debate

Read 34193 times
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Re: Live: Liverpool V West Ham
      Reply #345: Jan 31, 2015 04:53:18 pm
      Get the F**k in! So happy right now. Good overall performance, but man oh man how we missed Daniel Sturridge!
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,459 posts | 2852 
      Reply #346: Jan 31, 2015 04:53:19 pm
      Massive win that, turned it on the second half to get the goals but we were solid throughout the game.

Coutinho and Sterling were excellent and Sakho was fantastic as well.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,536 posts | 1525 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #347: Jan 31, 2015 04:54:03 pm
      Yes!
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #348: Jan 31, 2015 04:54:21 pm

I'll wrap my arms round you as you attempt to run somewhere and see if you feel impeded :D
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #349: Jan 31, 2015 04:54:24 pm
      Delighted.... +1 all round!
      Ha
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #350: Jan 31, 2015 04:54:27 pm
      « Last Edit: Jan 31, 2015 04:55:39 pm by JD »
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Re: Liverpool 2-0 West Ham: In game and Post Match debate
      Reply #351: Jan 31, 2015 04:56:15 pm
      So great to have Sturridge back! We're a much better team with him upfront.

Sterling and Coutinho were both sensational today. I don't know who to pick as my MOTM... perhaps Coutinho due to his 2 assists, but Sterling was everywhere, creating a lot of chances the whole game.
      green_bear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,042 posts | 289 
      Reply #352: Jan 31, 2015 04:56:17 pm
      YESSS!!!!!!! Coutinho brilliant. Sterling brilliant. Ibe looking very good. Defense solid. Mignolet with his confidence back. AND Sturridge's back!!!
      Have a great weekend lads!!!!!! ;D ;D :D :D :D
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #353: Jan 31, 2015 04:56:24 pm
      Love seeing the 3 lads up for MOTM at 33% each... easily our best players.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #354: Jan 31, 2015 04:59:53 pm
      Raheem MOTM for me. Could go to Coutinho and then Sakho. But Raheem was sublime. Movement, pressing, passing, and a goal.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #355: Jan 31, 2015 05:00:36 pm
      We made West Ham look like the sh*t team they are, lets just hope they can bounce back and beat Manure next weekend.
      I really feel that the ocnfidence is coming back to the team now, Sturridge already look smiles better than any of our other "strikers" and as I suspected Ibe looks very very good as well, things are looking very bright.

Now its time to momentarily and very very briefly become a Citeh fan :-)
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #356: Jan 31, 2015 05:00:54 pm
      well done  lads
       good performane
       coutinho  was amazing , was going to give him MOTM  but opted for Sturridge for his long absence and came back banging them goals immediatly
        YNWA
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,160 posts | 1288 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #357: Jan 31, 2015 05:00:59 pm
      Brilliant win, well done lads.

Very comfortable win at home, as it should be.

Looks like we are starting to settle down and Sturridge coming back could well be the missing piece of the jigsaw. Fantastic to see Sturridge back, made my day to see him back on the field. Let's pray he can stay fit for the rest of the Season.

What a difference a proper top class striker makes.

With a crucial month ahead it must be a massive relief for Brendan to have his first choice striker back in the fold.

Have to say i thought Coutinho was MOTM, absolutely dominated that game. Lucas was again outstanding and snuffed out anything West Ham had to offer.
      glennusmc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,835 posts | 476 
      Reply #358: Jan 31, 2015 05:02:54 pm
      Is Danny a start for Tues? Or do you still ease him into games?
      solodee
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #359: Jan 31, 2015 05:03:32 pm
      The team performed brilliantly today. Lovely.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,256 posts | 2856 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #360: Jan 31, 2015 05:03:40 pm
      Dreadful result, worst possible, just think of all the knee jerkers that have had their weekend ruined.
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #361: Jan 31, 2015 05:03:47 pm
      Great three points, and nice to see Danny back with a goal, well done lads.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,536 posts | 1525 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #362: Jan 31, 2015 05:05:54 pm
      Simon Mignolet has more clean sheets than any other keeper in the Prem.

Migs 8 clean sheets
      De Gay Boy 7 clean sheets
      Courtwat 7 clean sheets

MotM was Couts but Sterling was brilliant

Ibe is frightening and Studge is Studge

Lucas is da boss and Sakho is Le Beast

YNWA
      insideanfield
      • Forum Sami Hyypia

• 472 posts | 22 
      Reply #363: Jan 31, 2015 05:11:36 pm
      Excellent performance from the lads once again and its finally clicking - and Rodgers deserves credit for that. Also, the back 3 means Simon Mignolet gets to command his area more and we are now seeing that plus it seems he hardly has saves to make anymore.

MoTM has to be Mamadou Sakho followed by Philippe Coutinho.

The one gripe I still have is Lazar Markovic. He has improved but I still feel we could have done better for £20m as his end product is awful at times. I'd have thrown my money at Yevhen Konoplyanka, Andrei Yarmolenko, Memphis Depay or Xherdan Shaqiri ahead of Markovic personally who I rate much higher.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #364: Jan 31, 2015 05:12:29 pm
      Simon Mignolet has more clean sheets than any other keeper in the Prem.

Migs 8 clean sheets
      De Gay Boy 7 clean sheets
      Courtwat 7 clean sheets

MotM was Couts but Sterling was brilliant

Ibe is frightening and Studge is Studge

Lucas is da boss and Sakho is Le Beast

YNWA

Forster has 10...
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #365: Jan 31, 2015 05:13:03 pm
      My ratings:

Mignolet: Yes we could improve on him, but in his current form we could do a lot worse too. Has cut the calamitous moments down to around one every match, and is seemingly more decisive all round. Good today, therefore a 7/10.

Markovic: Muissed an absolute sitter in the first half but still little flashes of a really good player, albeit one who's playing out of position. Has a bit of devil in him too which I like, but I'd like to see him get beyond the ball more. 6/10

Can: Another good young player who's playing out of position. It really is worth emphasising with some of these lads that they are 20 years old and as such, footballing babies. God only knows what position Can will end up playing, but as long as it's for us I'm not fussed. 7/10.

Skrtel: A pretty boring performance from Martin of late in that it was absolutely faultless. A really cracking defender these days. 8/10.

Sakho: Much like Skrtel he is becoming consistently very good. Cute piece of game management from the boss to have Sakho attacking all their long goal kicks which were aimed at Carroll before retreating back to his normal position, I think he barely lost one. Top player. 8/10.

Moreno: Has regressed a little from the swashbuckling performances we saw earlier in the season. Is either raw as f*** or daft as a brush (or more likely, both) but does some really immature things at both ends of the pitch. Will no doubt improve a lot, but each time I see Ryan Bertrand play and remember some of the frankly silly comments there were about him on here in the Summer, I wonder "what if". 6/10.

Henderson: I liked both of his free kicks despite him hitting the wall each time. Both had the required pace and whip to trouble the keeper (as long as they get over) and both were infinitely better than his usual play it safe and loop it over the bar trick. Some good long passing and the usual energy, and save for him giving a silly corner away with a back header second half did little wrong. 7/10.

Lucas: Another who's becoming pleasantly boring in his consistency. I barely remember a misplaced pass, and only a silly free kick on the edge of our box when the fella was running away from goal denied him an eight. 7/10.

Lallana: Clearly not back to full fitness yet, and is a fella who I think still needs fully convincing that he is actually good enough to play for us. The reality is of course that he absolutely is, but just struggled today to find a foothold in the game. 6/10.

Sterling: What a footballer this kid is going to be. For Gawds sake just pay him whatever he wants plus ten grand a week, stick a ridiculous sell-on clause in and make the deal for five years. At least that way we'll not only get to see him play in red for another three seasons, but when he does go we'll get a mountain of cash for him. 8/10.

Coutinho: The pass for the first goal was a short stab which kind of floated over the defence and stood still with a bit of spin. It travelled about ten paces, and was a thing of absolute beauty. The ball ricoched towards him and he had to sort his feet out before sending it first time to land on a sixpence, with a bow around it waiting to be knocked in. A truly wonderful little footballer, breath-taking on occasions and MOM. 9/10.

Subs:

Sturridge: Only gets an 8 because he's half fit and was on for 20 minutes. Where he runs though, when eh runs, how he moves, what he does, unbelievable footballer. I actually think he might come back even better than he was before as he's had plenty of time to think about his game. Were he completely fit he'd have got on the end of Lallanas cross and would have scored the one where the ball wouldn't come down for him. Those who've criticised Brendan all season I have a question for you. If Sturridge had been fit all season where do you think we'd be in the league? 8/10.

Ibe: Did very well and is a big powerful lad. A bit out there this, but I've a hunch he might end up as a Yaya Toure midfielder type. We'll see. 7/10.

Brendan: What can you say? Even the defensive coach thing seems to be called for less these days. 8/10.   

ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #366: Jan 31, 2015 05:13:36 pm
      Fantastic result, clean sheet and our striker returns with a goal, could not hope for much more. Balo and Borini should just be made to watch Danny's movement and finishing.

My rating

Mig - Didn't do much wrong and looked more confident on crosses. 7
      Sakho - Our best defender at the club now. Won header after header. Top performance. 8
      Skrtl - Did his job well and put in a good shift. No messing about . 7
      Can - Solid and apart from a couple pf naive moments, another convincing performance. 7
      Markovic - Not good. Gets into good positions and is quick, but gave the ball away cheaply a few times, and his finishing can be woeful. 5
      Moreno - Poor positioning in defence a couple of times, but constantly got forward and supported the attack. 6
      Lucas - Usual quiet effectiveness and protected the back 3. So reliable.7
      Hendo - A few sublime long range passes, but not much else to shout about. Did his job well though. 6
      Lallana - Had some good moments but can't help feel he has more in his locker. Not bad. 6
      Coutinho - Will not ever tire of watching him. Brilliant and consistent nowadays. MOTM. 9
      Sterling - Heard a couple say he had a poor game. Disagree, he was constantly surrounded by 2 or 3 and still scored. Excellent. 8
      Studge - Oh how we have missed you. In 20 minutes, you showed about how a striker should move and finish. Absolutely made up for your goal, you deserve it lad. 8
      Ibe - Looked sharp and really hope he scores cos he has ability. 7
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #367: Jan 31, 2015 05:18:04 pm
      West Ham were utterly impotent and fully deserved their defeat. Even at 1-0 I felt comfortable, which is a very rare sensation towards that scoreline.

Despite West Ham's impotence, as an all round consistent performance, I thought Sakho was utterly faultless. Lucas, once again, was imperious - a remarkable second coming from him of late. I thought he was all but dead wood but his form and contribution has been outstanding. But Coutinho's contribution in those two goals was utterly vital so I think I'll give MOTM to him. The next biggest smile after Daniel's tonight will be Phillipe's because has a player in Sturridge who can react and produce from the little Brazilian's incisive play again. Danny's return won't just empower Coutinho but will surely further the game of Sterling once again.

It's a good day.

Quick Reply