Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 4th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P18 W10 D4 L4

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the Match?

Simon Mignolet
      2 (1.6%)
      Emre Can
      0 (0%)
      Martin Skrtel
      0 (0%)
      Mamadou Sakho
      11 (8.6%)
      Lazar Markovic
      0 (0%)
      Lucas Leiva
      2 (1.6%)
      Jordan Henderson
      3 (2.3%)
      Adam Lallana
      0 (0%)
      Alberto Moreno
      0 (0%)
      Philippe Coutinho
      79 (61.7%)
      Raheem Sterling
      22 (17.2%)
      Daniel Sturridge
      7 (5.5%)
      Jordon Ibe
      2 (1.6%)

Total Members Voted: 123

Voting closed: Feb 05, 2015 04:55:04 pm

Liverpool 2-0 West Ham: In game and Post Match debate

Read 34054 times
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Re: Liverpool 2-0 West Ham: In game and Post Match debate
      Reply #368: Jan 31, 2015 05:24:05 pm
      Dreadful result, worst possible, just think of all the knee jerkers that have had their weekend ruined.

In the words of Delia Smith...

WHERE ARE YOU? WHERE ARE YOU?! LET'S BE 'AVIN YOU!
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #369: Jan 31, 2015 05:30:08 pm
      Here we go!! No more messing about up front for us if Daniel can keep himself fit.

So refreshing to see the ball bullet its way into the goal.
      wmeliane
      • Forum John Barnes

• 421 posts | 21 
      Reply #370: Jan 31, 2015 05:41:35 pm
      Awesome game! The team is gelling now. Too bad that Spuds and Manure won today. But if we keep playing like this we have a decent shout at 4th and possibly the Europa cup. Need to make sure we play CL next year.
      I am very impressed with Hendo. With Lucas by his side we have a strong midfield. I am glad Brendan finally came to his sense and stopped playing Gerrard as DM.
      Let's hope it is not too late and that we will still make CL next year.
      YNWA
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #371: Jan 31, 2015 05:51:51 pm
      Simon Mignolet has more clean sheets than any other keeper in the Prem.

Migs 8 clean sheets
      De Gay Boy 7 clean sheets
      Courtwat 7 clean sheets

YNWA

WTF.... How is that possible. Wow.
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #372: Jan 31, 2015 05:58:41 pm
      My ratings:

Mignolet: Yes we could improve on him, but in his current form we could do a lot worse too. Has cut the calamitous moments down to around one every match, and is seemingly more decisive all round. Good today, therefore a 7/10.

Markovic: Muissed an absolute sitter in the first half but still little flashes of a really good player, albeit one who's playing out of position. Has a bit of devil in him too which I like, but I'd like to see him get beyond the ball more. 6/10

Can: Another good young player who's playing out of position. It really is worth emphasising with some of these lads that they are 20 years old and as such, footballing babies. God only knows what position Can will end up playing, but as long as it's for us I'm not fussed. 7/10.

Skrtel: A pretty boring performance from Martin of late in that it was absolutely faultless. A really cracking defender these days. 8/10.

Sakho: Much like Skrtel he is becoming consistently very good. Cute piece of game management from the boss to have Sakho attacking all their long goal kicks which were aimed at Carroll before retreating back to his normal position, I think he barely lost one. Top player. 8/10.

Moreno: Has regressed a little from the swashbuckling performances we saw earlier in the season. Is either raw as f*** or daft as a brush (or more likely, both) but does some really immature things at both ends of the pitch. Will no doubt improve a lot, but each time I see Ryan Bertrand play and remember some of the frankly silly comments there were about him on here in the Summer, I wonder "what if". 6/10.

Henderson: I liked both of his free kicks despite him hitting the wall each time. Both had the required pace and whip to trouble the keeper (as long as they get over) and both were infinitely better than his usual play it safe and loop it over the bar trick. Some good long passing and the usual energy, and save for him giving a silly corner away with a back header second half did little wrong. 7/10.

Lucas: Another who's becoming pleasantly boring in his consistency. I barely remember a misplaced pass, and only a silly free kick on the edge of our box when the fella was running away from goal denied him an eight. 7/10.

Lallana: Clearly not back to full fitness yet, and is a fella who I think still needs fully convincing that he is actually good enough to play for us. The reality is of course that he absolutely is, but just struggled today to find a foothold in the game. 6/10.

Sterling: What a footballer this kid is going to be. For Gawds sake just pay him whatever he wants plus ten grand a week, stick a ridiculous sell-on clause in and make the deal for five years. At least that way we'll not only get to see him play in red for another three seasons, but when he does go we'll get a mountain of cash for him. 8/10.

Coutinho: The pass for the first goal was a short stab which kind of floated over the defence and stood still with a bit of spin. It travelled about ten paces, and was a thing of absolute beauty. The ball ricoched towards him and he had to sort his feet out before sending it first time to land on a sixpence, with a bow around it waiting to be knocked in. A truly wonderful little footballer, breath-taking on occasions and MOM. 9/10.

Subs:

Sturridge: Only gets an 8 because he's half fit and was on for 20 minutes. Where he runs though, when eh runs, how he moves, what he does, unbelievable footballer. I actually think he might come back even better than he was before as he's had plenty of time to think about his game. Were he completely fit he'd have got on the end of Lallanas cross and would have scored the one where the ball wouldn't come down for him. Those who've criticised Brendan all season I have a question for you. If Sturridge had been fit all season where do you think we'd be in the league? 8/10.

Ibe: Did very well and is a big powerful lad. A bit out there this, but I've a hunch he might end up as a Yaya Toure midfielder type. We'll see. 7/10.

Brendan: What can you say? Even the defensive coach thing seems to be called for less these days. 8/10.   

Pretty much bang on mate.
      A lot of people can learn from the humble pie they are currently eating. As a fan base we have been shocking the past few years with the premature vile we have been throwing at Manager and Players who have off days or dont perform to the expected level immediately upon setting boot to pitch.

Its a disgrace really, as "supporters" we can be so disgusting to those we "support"....

Lucas, Sakho, Brendan, Markovic, Skrtel and Migs have all proven that on their day they are brilliant at their jobs.... Confidence is bred from the stands and ruined from there too.

Lesson learned here....

Lambert, Johnson and Balo.... still useless.... hey, Im not perfect!
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #373: Jan 31, 2015 06:03:14 pm
      Simon Mignolet has more clean sheets than any other keeper in the Prem.

Migs 8 clean sheets
      De Gay Boy 7 clean sheets
      Courtwat 7 clean sheets

MotM was Couts but Sterling was brilliant

Ibe is frightening and Studge is Studge

Lucas is da boss and Sakho is Le Beast

YNWA

Actually Forster has 10 mate. Still, Migs is second.
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #374: Jan 31, 2015 06:04:59 pm
      Studge's goal.....tight angle, right foot, beating a keeper at near post.... after 5months off....

GET THE F**k!

Feel good factor is a back.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #375: Jan 31, 2015 06:10:33 pm
      In the words of Delia Smith...

WHERE ARE YOU? WHERE ARE YOU?! LET'S BE 'AVIN YOU!

Seriously, though. Where is everyone? Two pages post match after a win.
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #376: Jan 31, 2015 06:12:05 pm

The likes of misery guts George Red hasnt been seen in weeks.....
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #377: Jan 31, 2015 06:14:36 pm
      The likes of misery guts George Red hasnt been seen in weeks.....

I can think of a few more :D
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #378: Jan 31, 2015 06:16:43 pm

I would think the ones who are missing from the thread are the doubter's and WUM's who are seeing the 'Gelling' on the pitch slowly coming to fruition, this is a team without Luis, Stevie or Carra, it's the future and some people are not able to see or accept it !
      Redangel
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,339 posts | 1011 
      Reply #379: Jan 31, 2015 06:31:28 pm
      Hospital visiting this afternoon, so didn't know the score 'til we came out. Absolutely delighted with the win, the clean sheet, and Sturridge's goal!
      According to friends and family who were at the game, it was a very good performance.
      All we have to do is keep Sturridge injury free and climb that table. Doesn't look like we'll be signing another striker so Sturridge is the key to us continuing to challenge for that 4th spot.

GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,350 posts | 1533 
      Reply #380: Jan 31, 2015 06:37:31 pm
      Glad of the win today, and ecstatic that Studge got minutes and scored. What a battle its been for him.  I never got to see or listen  to the game today, but by all accounts West Ham are back in their mediocre mode. We on the other hand, continue to emerge from ours. Sound like we were pretty good all round, and exceptional in places. Have to wait for motd tonight before I post a motm, or even the full game tomorrow.
      Shame we didn't make any inroads into the teams above us, but time will tell. Looking stronger, more fluent and more confident week by week now. How did it take so long to find the remedy ?  Just glad Johnson didn't play. Think he's fit, so perhaps BR has seen the light. Onwards and upwards.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #381: Jan 31, 2015 06:39:01 pm
      YEE - F***ing - HA.

Have some of that you fat F**k.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #382: Jan 31, 2015 06:40:41 pm
      I have not seen the match so cannot comment on it, the main thing is we got the 3 points. It is pleasing to see Sturridge back with a goal but why the hell have we not gone in for another striker in this window.
      Redangel

• 8,339 posts | 1011 
      Reply #383: Jan 31, 2015 06:53:59 pm
      I have not seen the match so cannot comment on it, the main thing is we got the 3 points. It is pleasing to see Sturridge back with a goal but why the hell have we not gone in for another striker in this window.

Why indeed, I hope the decision, whoever made it, does not come back to bite us on the bum. Time will tell, but I always thought it was prudent to have an insurance policy, and surely another proven striker would not only provide that insurance cover, but also give us options!
      Fingers crossed and prayers seem to be the order of the day!

Son Of A Gun

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #384: Jan 31, 2015 06:54:48 pm

A game of two halves I think - had possession I first half but it was constant passing backwards, and nobody dribbled with the ball into space.

Second half was light years ahead of the first half, conviction in our passing, all made the better by the fact the players were moving into space. Very fluid and pleasing I thought.
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #385: Jan 31, 2015 06:59:25 pm
      Excellent performance from the lads once again and its finally clicking - and Rodgers deserves credit for that. Also, the back 3 means Simon Mignolet gets to command his area more and we are now seeing that plus it seems he hardly has saves to make anymore.

MoTM has to be Mamadou Sakho followed by Philippe Coutinho.

The one gripe I still have is Lazar Markovic. He has improved but I still feel we could have done better for £20m as his end product is awful at times. I'd have thrown my money at Yevhen Konoplyanka, Andrei Yarmolenko, Memphis Depay or Xherdan Shaqiri ahead of Markovic personally who I rate much higher.

Disagree about Lazar - yeah he should have scored, but generally he was quite positive and won the ball back for us on occasion too. If there were a betting agency which took bets on this sort of thing, I would definitely put a large amount of money on him being better than all of those except Depay - who I reckon is a similar level young talent (and would have cost the same). The others all have a few years on Lazar.
      brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #386: Jan 31, 2015 06:59:45 pm
      Excellent stuff boss/lads very good performance very happy boy tonight.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #387: Jan 31, 2015 07:02:37 pm

John I recall you going AWOL from the forum for a while and nobody slated you for not posting.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #388: Jan 31, 2015 07:08:44 pm
      Don't like Andy Carroll anymore, but F***ing love Sturridge!

Thought is was going to one of those frustrating afternoons where we don't get what we deserve, but thanks and praise to Allah, God, Buddha and the alien overlords for the 3 points.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,526 posts | 1515 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #389: Jan 31, 2015 07:25:01 pm
      Come on guys, spare a thought for poor Sam Allardyce; his team were doing really well this season

No seriously, come on, that was a bitter defeat today against LFC who we know he hates

Poor guy

Rafa would be disgusted with the lack of respect you're showing Sam and West Ham!

Never mind
      RedRepublican
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 35 posts |
      Reply #390: Jan 31, 2015 07:55:08 pm
      Great to have Dan back, and mark it with a goal. Like a new signing!

Also pleased to see young Ibe get a run out.

YNWA

:kop5cf8koxp6:

Quick Reply