Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

Raheem Sterling (Liverpool -> Man City)

Read 315672 times
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Re: Raheem Sterling (Liverpool -> Somewhere else)
      Reply #3404: Jul 11, 2015 11:06:52 am
      So pleased to get home from work to this news, it's great to see from the owners that they're sticking to their guns.

It seems the whole footballing world, other than the City fans, has turned against him for his childish antics.  He's going to ruin a potentially glittering career if he doesn't sort his head out soon and he doesn't appear to be able to handle the pressure that he and his agent have put under.  He may well bounce back immediately if he leaves but I wouldn't bank on it.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,360 posts | 2877 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #3405: Jul 11, 2015 11:40:47 am
      It's NOT a battle between a greedy player and our poor little owners.. lololol. Raheem did f**k all wrong until Brendan sang to the press like a rattled Mafia boss.. What did Raheem do which was disrespectful BEFORE his wage refusal was leaked..? How bad did he behave BEFORE our fans, other fans and England fans was set on him intentionally? Every time this lad gets abuse on twitter, everytime he hears something derogatory about his kids who do you think he blames..?? Lolol.  The club and Brendan financially wrestled him to their advantage and used tactics involving setting the media and fans on him? Thrown to the wolves.. He's behaving like somebody snaked him.. I'd behave worse as a big grown man but, you guys would just suck it up I'm guessing..?  This is not just my vivid imagination ;D, I saw how things happend sequentially and now with Raheem crying about "personal conversations" i'm convinced that's what his beef is about..Your supposed to protect me and you sold me out.. ?

I just find it funny when everyone tries to out do each other with regards to how offended they are at Raheems behavior.. Making him sound like a serial killer to justify the malice and gusto..

No matter what way you look at it or spin you want to put on it raheem sterling is a snide little cu@t who should be kicked around Melwood for the rest of his time here.

Seriously trying to defend him after his carry on? Wake up
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,335 posts | 4960 
      Reply #3406: Jul 11, 2015 11:44:03 am
      At this stage we are just seeing who'll blink first. My best guess is that Sterling will be sold to City but not for £50m up front.

Agree.

£40M odd plus add ons and I think he'll be gone.

Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,710 posts | 896 
      Reply #3407: Jul 11, 2015 11:51:34 am

I just find it funny when everyone tries to out do each other with regards to how offended they are at Raheems behavior.. Making him sound like a serial killer to justify the malice and gusto..

This was the only thing in the post i could agree with, Sterling fu**ed it up but he is 20. sell him and lets move on. some posts here make it look like he is the evil behind every wrong doing. the abuse is getting a bit too far.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #3408: Jul 11, 2015 12:04:14 pm
      Raheem did f**k all wrong until Brendan sang to the press like a rattled Mafia boss.

I agree that Rodgers should not have said anything about his situation to the press, but look at it from a different perspective and consider that this may have been started by Sterling, telling Ward he wanted a bigger contract, or perhaps it was Ward looking for a bigger contract and a bigger pay day for himself?

The club and Brendan financially wrestled him to their advantage and used tactics involving setting the media and fans on him?

Or was it Ward's tactics that backfired on them?

He's behaving like somebody snaked him.. I'd behave worse as a big grown man but, you guys would just suck it up I'm guessing..?

Lets not forget, he is a professional and we are not!

I saw how things happend sequentially and now with Raheem crying about "personal conversations" i'm convinced that's what his beef is about..Your supposed to protect me and you sold me out.. ?

Again, we should take into consideration that Ward is leaking info out, whether to force us to sell quickly at a lower price or pushing Sterling further away (maybe he came to his senses but Ward went an sabotaged it?) we don't fully know, but to solely blame us (which your post suggests) is ridiculous!

This was the only thing in the post i could agree with, Sterling fu**ed it up but he is 20. sell him and lets move on. some posts here make it look like he is the evil behind every wrong doing. the abuse is getting a bit too far.

I agree with this.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #3409: Jul 11, 2015 12:56:13 pm
      Yeah 5t, I hear what you're saying but let's say City won't budge on say £45m: would the hard nosed businessman (who doesn't pander to greedy 20 year olds) really take precedence over an owner who knows his football team could benefit more, from the £45m, than keeping a greedy 20 year old?

At this stage we are just seeing who'll blink first. My best guess is that Sterling will be sold to City but not for £50m up front.

The business ethic is as you say mate is avoiding undervaluing the product, JWH is following the instruction to the letter in the opening encounter. If the Suarez saga is anything to go by and it mirrors this situation to an extent, business will be the priority at the expense of football.

RedLFCBlood
      Reply #3410: Jul 11, 2015 12:59:13 pm
      I'm surprised we haven't took the we won't sell to a rival stance.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,973 posts | 5033 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #3411: Jul 11, 2015 01:32:21 pm
      Check yourself.

He is  an A class c**t of the highest order.

Don't see how anyone can defend him here.

100% correct mate, I've had it with this fuckers attitude and so have JWH & Co by all accounts, I really do hope they stick to their guns on this,

That little tw*t deserves all he F**kin gets imo, FSG are right, take no sh*t from either greedy kunt or shitty squabbling over £50m, if they want him bad enough they'll cough up, meanwhile kunto can sit on the ressies bench til January, that's alot of splinters in his greedy f***in arse,

Perhaps more importantly imo is that we are sending out a message that we will not be fu**ed over by anyone and that includes those shaky sheiks from eastlands!

Pay up or shut up!

YNWA
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #3412: Jul 11, 2015 01:40:39 pm
      I'm surprised we haven't took the we won't sell to a rival stance.

But (ifwe were to do that) Blud, we would have no one to sell to... You don't cut your nose off to spite your face.  ;)

Ca ching, ca ching.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #3413: Jul 11, 2015 01:41:26 pm
      If we'd still been owned by H&G, Raheem would have been on the first bus out of Melwood after the first bid came in, with the money swallowed up in interest payments.

Stiff them for as much as possible and if they won't pay up Raheem has a big decision to make, either knuckle down and put himself in the shop window or F**k his career up.  Choice is his but I doubt he'll realise it and choose the wrong one.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #3414: Jul 11, 2015 01:42:06 pm

But (ifwe were to do that) Blud, we would have no one to sell to... You don't cut your nose off to spite your face.  ;)

Ca ching, ca ching.

We done it with Suarez mate, stated emphatically that he would not be sold to a rival under any conditions.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,423 posts | 6420 
      Reply #3415: Jul 11, 2015 01:44:41 pm
      Been named to the pre-season tour squad. Balotelli, Enrique and Borini have not.

Looks like Mr. Sterling is going to see how men handle their business. Good to see us stick to our guns on this.
      El..lam..Nino
      • Forum Avi Cohen

• 24 posts |
      Reply #3416: Jul 11, 2015 03:05:31 pm
      Raheem did f**k all wrong until Brendan sang to the press like a rattled Mafia boss.. What did Raheem do which was disrespectful BEFORE his wage refusal was leaked..? He's behaving like somebody snaked him.. now with Raheem crying about "personal conversations" i'm convinced that's what his beef is about..Your supposed to protect me and you sold me out.. ?

I have to say I agree with you on this.

Personally I like Sterling, however at this point its clearer aidy c**t has also been playing shadow games; leak sensitive info to the press...est. The whole thing has become some sort of For sh*te Saga and on and on, getting bored of it

It reminds me of a young Mike Tyson with all the potential in the world getting into bed with Don king, and we all remember how that ended.
      Am more concerned about the effect on the other lads... Surely it must be awkward; like if you turn up with your mate's ex missus. some give you sh*t, others say nothing. We need to sort it out, because the real battle commences 9th Aug
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,423 posts | 6420 
      Reply #3417: Jul 11, 2015 03:12:24 pm
      Interesting in all this is that the club (specifically FSG) have been labeled as asset strippers, selling off our best players (which I have never fully believed to be true, but I digress) and here we are, doing the exact opposite and holding on to one of our better players and  yet the majority of people are behind the move to ship him out.

Just sayin'
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,927 posts | 968 
      Reply #3418: Jul 11, 2015 04:09:59 pm
      Interesting in all this is that the club (specifically FSG) have been labeled as asset strippers, selling off our best players (which I have never fully believed to be true, but I digress) and here we are, doing the exact opposite and holding on to one of our better players and  yet the majority of people are behind the move to ship him out.

Just sayin'

I think those people are also sceptical of our actual intent to keep him. I would bet many people see it as a mere attempt to drive his value up and get the most from the negotiations....
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #3419: Jul 11, 2015 04:27:04 pm

Just sayin'

Disagree mate about FSG being called ''asset strippers'', while they do have their critics and I have been amongst that number myself, nobody can realistically accuse them of selling off parts of the company for a quick profit.
      While a certain FSG friendly poster has accused me of that very thing with absolutely no foundation to the claim, it must be assumed the assertion is designed to discredit those who are not elated with JWH&Co and their five years of promises and lack of on field progress.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #3420: Jul 11, 2015 04:35:42 pm
      We done it with Suarez mate, stated emphatically that he would not be sold to a rival under any conditions.
      You're surprised we haven't said that we won't sell to a rival - I'm not.

We wouldn't sell Luis to Arsenal because 'we' knew he had plenty of takers, at a bigger price, elsewhere but maybe I'm being too cynical; eh?  ;)

We shall see.
      « Last Edit: Jul 11, 2015 04:46:24 pm by bad boy bubby »
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,335 posts | 4960 
      Reply #3421: Jul 11, 2015 04:38:12 pm
      I think those people are also sceptical of our actual intent to keep him. I would bet many people see it as a mere attempt to drive his value up and get the most from the negotiations....

Even if it is that's still a positive.
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #3422: Jul 11, 2015 04:52:56 pm
      Even if it is that's still a positive.

This and the fact that if a player truly does not want to be here, I truly do not want him in my club.

Chess game right now is all this is; Raheem is not all guilty nor is he innocent but there is zero doubt in my mind he does not want to be here and if that is so I care for him about as much as he cares about the club which is F**k all.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #3423: Jul 11, 2015 05:01:43 pm
      Delph not going to city after all

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33494840

seems they are having trouble acquiring their targets at the moment.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,544 posts | 1544 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #3424: Jul 11, 2015 05:06:49 pm

Anyone seen Ayres around?
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,335 posts | 4960 
      Reply #3425: Jul 11, 2015 05:36:31 pm

Sensible move from Delph. Tidy player who probably would have got lost at City.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #3426: Jul 11, 2015 05:47:14 pm
      Good man Delph tell Shitty go F**k themselves there's more to life than being a rich c**t warming a bench for a living.

This also means City will be more desperate than ever to sign Sterling. I expect they will bid £50 million in cash now after this set back.

Quick Reply