Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 7th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P4 W3 D0 L1

Raheem Sterling (Liverpool -> Man City)

Read 317439 times
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,433 posts | 6423 
      Re: Raheem Sterling (Liverpool -> Somewhere else)
      Reply #3381: Jul 10, 2015 11:47:03 pm
      Yeah I wouldn't bother with Aguero either bloody sick notes!
      Dude, Reus has had 6 injuries since the start of 2014.

Benteke gets slaughtered for his injury record but Reus gets a pass?

carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #3382: Jul 10, 2015 11:48:01 pm
      They would just wait until the summer when he would be even cheaper.

A moral stance sometimes isnt whats best for the club.

he would be cheaper in  city's mind
      at this stage .and as the saga is unfolding , it will be FSG/LIVERPOOL loss if they give in to less than the 50M they want
      in6 months sterling would be losing and Liverpool saving 1.5 M considering what \LFC offered the kid =100k
      if its true that they are ready to stick to their asking price and that will not effect the transfer  window , than its thumbs UP to them from me
      keep saying this , city are desperate to get sterling not only because he is a good player but mostly to up their home grown quota, why do we all think they are getting delph,? think they have much better midfielders
      YNWA
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,229 posts | 4421 
      Reply #3383: Jul 10, 2015 11:48:48 pm
      Dude, Reus has had 6 injuries since the start of 2014.

Benteke gets slaughtered for his injury record but Reus gets a pass?

I know what your saying but Top quality always gets a pass ?

redtiler
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,133 posts | 127 
      Reply #3384: Jul 10, 2015 11:52:16 pm
      Well done FSG , let the lad rot. ( wanted to use a more expressive language by the way ).
      Hopefully no one will ever go anywhere near that pr**k Ady Ward
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #3385: Jul 10, 2015 11:52:37 pm
      £50m is a better deal, I'm hoping the PFA do mediate, they may make him see the error of his ways.

Just wondering. What does it actually have to do with the PFA though? Ultimately he is under contract with the club, if the club aren't prepared to negotiate, whether the player is wanting out or not, surely that is something the club have the right to do.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #3386: Jul 10, 2015 11:53:46 pm
      Just wondering. What does it actually have to do with the PFA though? Ultimately he is under contract with the club, if the club aren't prepared to negotiate, whether the player is wanting out or not, surely that is something the club have the right to do.

I think the PFA will only be mediating when it comes to the punishment we give to Sterling.
      RedJock
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 312 posts | 40 
      Reply #3387: Jul 10, 2015 11:54:27 pm
      £50m is a better deal, I'm hoping the PFA do mediate, they may make him see the error of his ways.

If City don't match our valuation, i'd sit him down and basically tell him straight get your head right, get focused on the season ahead, put the effort in, sign a new deal now at £100k a week with a £50m release clause, if a club matches it, you're free to talk to them, so you can either play for your move on £100k a week or spend the final 2 years of your contract playing for the reserves.

Yes £50mil is a better deal but i dont expect us to get £50mil unless it with add ons etc etc

The PFA are powerless really tbh and we have sat down with Sterling for months and tried to get him to sign a contract - that ship has sailed and he knows we wont sit him in the reserves.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,229 posts | 4421 
      Reply #3388: Jul 10, 2015 11:56:22 pm
      I think the PFA will only be mediating when it comes to the punishment we give to Sterling.

Yeah but you cant smack children any more!
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #3389: Jul 10, 2015 11:58:21 pm
      The PFA are powerless really tbh and we have sat down with Sterling for months and tried to get him to sign a contract - that ship has sailed and he knows we wont sit him in the reserves.

I know they are powerless, but some times it can be of a benefit for some one like Sterling to get advice from people in the know who are not connected to the club or his agent who have dealt with these kind of situations in the past is what I mean.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,229 posts | 4421 
      Reply #3390: Jul 11, 2015 12:00:06 am
      Yes £50mil is a better deal but i dont expect us to get £50mil unless it with add ons etc etc

I think his actions over the last few days have shown exactly what he is fearing because as JWH has shown over the Suarez incident that FSG will take a tough stance with even the biggest of names at the club.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #3391: Jul 11, 2015 12:03:24 am

Again though, surely that is the clubs business and what the club deem best.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,229 posts | 4421 
      Reply #3392: Jul 11, 2015 12:05:36 am
      Again though, surely that is the clubs business and what the club deem best.

Maybe Raheem forged his Mums signature on the sick note!
      RedJock
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 312 posts | 40 
      Reply #3393: Jul 11, 2015 12:21:01 am
      I know they are powerless, but some times it can be of a benefit for some one like Sterling to get advice from people in the know who are not connected to the club or his agent who have dealt with these kind of situations in the past is what I mean.

His agent has him wrapped around his finger - i cant see the situation going any other way but him leaving for City now.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #3394: Jul 11, 2015 01:09:14 am
      His agent has him wrapped around his finger - i cant see the situation going any other way but him leaving for City now.

You haven't followed events over the last four years very closely then if you think that's in John Henry's character. He is not a person to pander to greedy twenty year olds.
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #3395: Jul 11, 2015 07:52:24 am

that he is wrapped around his agent's fingers ,is a FACT,   Nobody here is saying he will not leave, he will BUT at LFC terms (50M) at least till now that's the situation,   now if FSG keep to their point, and city don't pay what LFC  want , the player stays here for now, with his 35K per wk (then if he is picked or not by the manager , is due to his attitude and commitment)........we have other player with higher wages that don't play because they are not picked
      YNWA
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #3396: Jul 11, 2015 08:23:59 am
      Very interesting - I did think we would be waking up to Sterling having been sold... He has 24 hours to make a decision now - does he listen to his agent or does he get on the plane to Asia.

Not panning out how Mr Ward expected is it really.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,043 posts | 3967 
      Reply #3397: Jul 11, 2015 08:30:25 am

that he is wrapped around his agent's fingers ,is a FACT,   Nobody here is saying he will not leave, he will BUT at LFC terms (50M) at least till now that's the situation,   now if FSG keep to their point, and city don't pay what LFC  want , the player stays here for now, with his 35K per wk (then if he is picked or not by the manager , is due to his attitude and commitment)........we have other player with higher wages that don't play because they are not picked
      YNWA

The owners have said they will let him rot in the reserves unless their valuation is met.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,991 posts | 3062 
      Reply #3398: Jul 11, 2015 08:48:56 am
      The owners have said they will let him rot in the reserves unless their valuation is met.

I would much prefer to see us hold to our principles.

The price is £50m cash. Not difficult is it.

If they don't want to pay that then don't.

We then treat our player as we see fit - the rest is up to him.
      Redangel
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,391 posts | 1025 
      Reply #3399: Jul 11, 2015 09:37:49 am

Good! I've been critical of the owners in the past, but on this I'm right behind them.
      Every top flight Club will be watching this with interest, hoping we hold our nerve, and greedy little footballers and their greedier agents, get what they deserve!

bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #3400: Jul 11, 2015 09:43:31 am
      You haven't followed events over the last four years very closely then if you think that's in John Henry's character. He is not a person to pander to greedy twenty year olds.
      Yeah 5t, I hear what you're saying but let's say City won't budge on say £45m: would the hard nosed businessman (who doesn't pander to greedy 20 year olds) really take precedence over an owner who knows his football team could benefit more, from the £45m, than keeping a greedy 20 year old?

At this stage we are just seeing who'll blink first. My best guess is that Sterling will be sold to City but not for £50m up front.
      Chico Banderas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,072 posts | 150 
      Reply #3401: Jul 11, 2015 10:03:33 am
      It's NOT a battle between a greedy player and our poor little owners.. lololol. Raheem did F**k all wrong until Brendan sang to the press like a rattled Mafia boss.. What did Raheem do which was disrespectful BEFORE his wage refusal was leaked..? How bad did he behave BEFORE our fans, other fans and England fans was set on him intentionally? Every time this lad gets abuse on twitter, everytime he hears something derogatory about his kids who do you think he blames..?? Lolol.  The club and Brendan financially wrestled him to their advantage and used tactics involving setting the media and fans on him? Thrown to the wolves.. He's behaving like somebody snaked him.. I'd behave worse as a big grown man but, you guys would just suck it up I'm guessing..?  This is not just my vivid imagination ;D, I saw how things happend sequentially and now with Raheem crying about "personal conversations" i'm convinced that's what his beef is about..Your supposed to protect me and you sold me out.. ?

I just find it funny when everyone tries to out do each other with regards to how offended they are at Raheems behavior.. Making him sound like a serial killer to justify the malice and gusto..
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #3402: Jul 11, 2015 10:09:31 am
      It's NOT a battle between a greedy player and our poor little owners.. lololol. Raheem did f**k all wrong until Brendan sang to the press like a rattled Mafia boss.. What did Raheem do which was disrespectful BEFORE his wage refusal was leaked..? How bad did he behave BEFORE our fans, other fans and England fans was set on him intentionally? Every time this lad gets abuse on twitter, everytime he hears something derogatory about his kids who do you think he blames..?? Lolol.  The club and Brendan financially wrestled him to their advantage and used tactics involving setting the media and fans on him? Thrown to the wolves.. He's behaving like somebody snaked him.. I'd behave worse as a big grown man but, you guys would just suck it up I'm guessing..?  This is not just my vivid imagination ;D, I saw how things happend sequentially and now with Raheem crying about "personal conversations" i'm convinced that's what his beef is about..Your supposed to protect me and you sold me out.. ?

I just find it funny when everyone tries to out do each other with regards to how offended they are at Raheems behavior.. Making him sound like a serial killer to justify the malice and gusto..

Check yourself.

He is  an A class c**t of the highest order.

Don't see how anyone can defend him here.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,556 posts | 1547 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #3403: Jul 11, 2015 10:20:59 am
      It's NOT a battle between a greedy player and our poor little owners.. lololol. Raheem did F**k all wrong until Brendan sang to the press like a rattled Mafia boss.. What did Raheem do which was disrespectful BEFORE his wage refusal was leaked..? How bad did he behave BEFORE our fans, other fans and England fans was set on him intentionally? Every time this lad gets abuse on twitter, everytime he hears something derogatory about his kids who do you think he blames..?? Lolol.  The club and Brendan financially wrestled him to their advantage and used tactics involving setting the media and fans on him? Thrown to the wolves.. He's behaving like somebody snaked him.. I'd behave worse as a big grown man but, you guys would just suck it up I'm guessing..?  This is not just my vivid imagination ;D, I saw how things happend sequentially and now with Raheem crying about "personal conversations" i'm convinced that's what his beef is about..Your supposed to protect me and you sold me out.. ?

Or you are wrong.

I'm not saying I condone what's been said by Sterling, but to paint his as whiter than white is also wide of the mark.

Quick Reply