Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 15th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P1 W1 D0 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the Match

Mignolet
      37 (28.2%)
      Can
      0 (0%)
      Skrtel
      41 (31.3%)
      Lovren
      1 (0.8%)
      Henderson
      16 (12.2%)
      Allen
      7 (5.3%)
      Markovic
      0 (0%)
      Ibe
      10 (7.6%)
      Lallana
      0 (0%)
      Coutinho
      15 (11.5%)
      Sterling
      0 (0%)
      Sturridge
      0 (0%)
      Johnson
      2 (1.5%)
      Moreno
      2 (1.5%)

Total Members Voted: 128

Voting closed: Feb 26, 2015 06:23:19 pm

Southampton 0:2 Liverpool. In game & post match debate.

Read 47437 times
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,665 posts | 491 
      Re: Southampton 0:2 Liverpool. In game & post match debate.
      Reply #644: Feb 22, 2015 06:19:41 pm
      Well that was a fantastic result.Roll on 3rd spot ;D
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,270 posts | 2859 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #645: Feb 22, 2015 06:19:43 pm

Always liked this kit.

what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,512 posts | 4851 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Re: Live: Southampton V Liverpool
      Reply #646: Feb 22, 2015 06:22:12 pm
      That's part of the deal, without that ego he wouldn't be who he is. I don't understand why people don't know this, he can do whatever the hell he wants, I don't mean that sarcastically; I mean that straight.

Coutinho was in a good position twice and he shot from silly positions. We don't get CL because of being a goal short and I'll see if you still want to make knob head comments like Daniel Sturridge can do what he wants. Him and Coutinho in clear goal scoring positions? I expect him to shoot. Just Coutinho in goal scoring position then Sturridge should pass. Team game.
      Cad1875
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 635 posts | 59 
      Reply #647: Feb 22, 2015 06:23:02 pm
      Fantastic result in terrible conditions , MOTM Skrtel followed very closely by Migs ,Joe Allen, and Hendo,
       well chuffed with our team today excellent performance.

YNWA
       :kop5cf8koxp6: :scarf: :scarf: :kop5cf8koxp6:
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #648: Feb 22, 2015 06:23:58 pm
      Mate, I disagree. As I said, I don't mind strikers being selfish, but even Suarez had better decision making capabilities and picked people out. I think there is a big difference between having a big ego, and making wrong decisions because of selfishness. I love Danny to bits but I haven't liked that side of him since he came back. Think if Stevie or Suarez was still around, they'd be bollocking him.

Suarez is a midfielder who scores, when he first came here he didn't score that much. Daniel Sturridge is a striker and is selfish. He did act like a knob about Balotelli taking the penalty though ;D.
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #649: Feb 22, 2015 06:24:05 pm
       Pepe and Xabi unite to see reds beat southampton

pic posted by Pepe,,,,,He Tweeted: “Once a Red…”

YNWA
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,683 posts | 3904 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #650: Feb 22, 2015 06:24:31 pm

Trait of Champions
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,938 posts | 1480 
      Reply #651: Feb 22, 2015 06:24:49 pm
      F***ing massive win! Holy cow what a result. Southampton got screwed by Kevin Friend if we're being honest, and we weren't very good beyond taking our two best chances and converting them brilliantly.

But sh*t, 3 points is 3 points is 3 points! And a clean sheet!
      What a friend we have in Kevin! :lmao: we got screwed by Kevin at times too.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #652: Feb 22, 2015 06:27:40 pm

:D  It's the first time I've seen us get dominated since switching to this formation.

Defensively, we were outstanding, but we really struggled to play football. So happy we got the win :D :D
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #653: Feb 22, 2015 06:28:03 pm
      Hmmm not liking going out there without a striker. Probably shouldn't have started Sturridge for the first leg of a Europa tie with such a big clash at the weekend.

I do think Coutinho is in dire need of a break as well.

Whoops! :laugh:
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,512 posts | 4851 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #654: Feb 22, 2015 06:28:37 pm
      Note to KopiteLuke. I take it all back. Carra saying Ibe was superb and Thierre Henry saying he was amazing.

I was looking at his offensive play I suppose. I get why he was good now after watching the analysis.
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #655: Feb 22, 2015 06:29:37 pm
      I said during the Besiktas game that good teams win matches even when they're not playing well. Our last two performances have been very poor, but our last two results have been brilliant!

Winning is a habit, and keeping clean sheets is a habit, and we are very much doing both right now.

I think credit has to go to Mignolet and Skrtel for this one. With Can struggling on the left and Lovren... well, being Lovren, they came under enormous pressure and both handled it very well! I think Pelle is actually taller than Skrtel and he bossed him in the air! And Mignolet is just growing in stature after every game!

Henderson and Allen done well I though considering the aggressive pressure Southampton put on them both. Markovic, along with Can made the left side pretty unbalanced. They didn't allow him any space and he struggled with that. I thought the sub was the right decision. Coutinho scored an absolute cracker but struggled. The man needs a rest, surely on Thursday... surely!? Lallana, as has been said, struggled with the occasion. Needs to cop on a bit if he wants to make it at this club! Ibe done well, their pressing didn't give anyone an inch, but he still left them for dead a few times. He reminds me of Suarez in a way, because he has the ability to beat every man on the pitch he tries to, even when there might be better options available? (**Not comparing him to Suarez!!**)

As Southampton shut us down at every chance, our supply to Sterling and eventually Sturridge was very limited. I thought they done well with what they had. Sterling took his chance when it fell to him. His eye for goal has really come along! Sturridge was wasteful on occasion, but he showed a few nice pieces of link up play and a few turns in the box to show he's getting there.

Far from a stellar performance, but definitely a professional performance. Well in redmen!
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,542 posts | 3473 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #656: Feb 22, 2015 06:29:41 pm
      What a friend we have in Kevin! :lmao: we got screwed by Kevin at times too.

spot on , everytime mane fell over he got a free kick, don't think any of the penalty appeals were nailed on
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,687 posts | 6981 
      Reply #657: Feb 22, 2015 06:31:15 pm
      Toss up now between Ibe and Can for our most promising player of the season.  Most of us knew those games against Spurs and Southampton were going to pivotal - been a massive boost to beat them both.  Got to keep the foot on the gas now and get a result against either United or Arsenal - or both!

Football wasn't sparkling today - but it's nice to see us getting results and clean sheets (F**k me!) when playing poorly. Made up.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #658: Feb 22, 2015 06:32:29 pm
      Coutinho was in a good position twice and he shot from silly positions. We don't get CL because of being a goal short and I'll see if you still want to make knob head comments like Daniel Sturridge can do what he wants. Him and Coutinho in clear goal scoring positions? I expect him to shoot. Just Coutinho in goal scoring position then Sturridge should pass. Team game.

Ok I didn't see the whole game. If you want to call me a knob head... I'm not going to take the bait there dude.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #659: Feb 22, 2015 06:33:23 pm
      :D  It's the first time I've seen us get dominated since switching to this formation.

Defensively, we were outstanding, but we really struggled to play football. So happy we got the win :D :D

It's hard to say we were dominated when they created very little. You can dominate without having the ball. See Chelsea against us at Anfield last season as a prime example.
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #660: Feb 22, 2015 06:35:14 pm
      Time to reflect, what a precious 3 points against our top 4 rival. Thought we looked out of sorts at the back in the first half, mainly because of Lovren's terrible positioning and Markovic's complete lack of defensive capabilities at left back. Credit to BR, brought Moreno on who is better , Lovren sorted his calamities out, brought on Studge for Lallana who was anonymous and saw the game through. Allen improved as the game went on and started protecting the back three better too. We weren't at our best again, but, apart from a few anxious defensive moments at our own doing, we restricted Southampton and should have scored another one. Great win and we're rolling now. My humble ratings:

Migs - Looked solid again and saved our ass a couple of times. Another excellent performance . 8/10
      Lovren - Shocking in first half, better in second, he better start performing or we get rid in summer. 5/10
      Skrtl - Superb. Had a few sus moments in first because of Lovren's ineptitude, but bossed the back. Lost count of headers won. MOTM. 8/10
      Can - Not his usual commanding self, but settled I later on and quietlygot on with it. 7/10
      Markovic - Left back is clearly not for him. Looked exposed too oftn. 6/10
      Ibe - Another superb performance, and even defended well when he needed to. 8/10
      Hendo - Another unspectacular but quietly efficient game. Needs to bollock his players more if he wants to grow into a proper captain. 7/10
      Allen - Another one who had a quiet start but grew into the game. Still prefer Lucas as soon as he's back. 7/10
      Lallana - Completely anonymous. We normally have sharp, quick passing in mid but not today because he wasn't there. 5/10
      Couts - Unbelievable goal, pure magic. He was ok apart from that. Needed Lallana to be switched on hence he looked isolated. 7/10
      Sterling - Some have criticised him, but he still scared the sh*t out of defenders, and another  goal to his name. 7/10

Moreno - Looked more comfortable than Markovic and did well to push up, creating width, especially for the goal. 7/10
      Studge - Looked sharp, and caused havoc a couple of times. It's ok to be selfish, but needs better decision making with his final ball. 6/10
      Johnson - Quietly did his defensive duties and got up to speed quickly. No mistakes. 7/10

Unbeaten in 10 PL games, with 7 victories, still in FA cup,4th position hunt and EL. What a turnaround.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #661: Feb 22, 2015 06:35:40 pm
      Sounds like people are getting frustrated at Sturridge these days. Interesting actually.
      RedRepublican
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 35 posts |
      Reply #662: Feb 22, 2015 06:36:04 pm
      Really good win that's all I really cared about today.

Skrtel MOM.

:kop5cf8koxp6:
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #663: Feb 22, 2015 06:36:31 pm
      Note to KopiteLuke. I take it all back. Carra saying Ibe was superb and Thierre Henry saying he was amazing.

I was looking at his offensive play I suppose. I get why he was good now after watching the analysis.

No worries mate :)

Think you're spot on about Studge in your earlier comments btw, infuriated me wide right when he didn't pass to Coutinho. Agree 100% that he must pass that ball and it's got to always be a team game. A certain level of selfishness is needed to be a striker but in those circumstances it's terrible play not to pass.
      Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #664: Feb 22, 2015 06:36:41 pm
      Sounds like people are getting frustrated at Sturridge these days. Interesting actually.

Give it a few matches, he's still getting up to match fitness which some forget.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,044 posts | 3967 
      Reply #665: Feb 22, 2015 06:37:19 pm

Is right mate the mancs been doing it for years, not saying they're champions elect am saying they play sh*t and win.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #666: Feb 22, 2015 06:37:21 pm
      Anyone got the Coutinho goal please?

Quick Reply