Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

Summer Transfers IN/OUT

Read 93119 times
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Re: Summer Transfers IN/OUT
      Reply #437: Jun 17, 2015 09:57:51 am
      Firminio?

not seen him is he decent what role would he play at the club
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Reply #438: Jun 17, 2015 10:01:01 am
      Firminio?

not seen him is he decent what role would he play at the club

Pretty good right back apparently  ;)

ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #439: Jun 17, 2015 11:04:00 am
      Pretty good right back apparently  ;)
      haha sign him up ASAP!! na but another Midfilder is all well and good but again are we going to have to many of them who dont get game time. 1st july best hurry so we can get rid of some players to make room for all these
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #440: Jun 17, 2015 05:43:11 pm
      Out
      Lucas 8m
      Allen 8m
      Aspas 5m
      Borini  7m
      Balotelli 10m
      Lambert 3m
      Coates 6m
      Gerrard retired
      Alberto 8m
      Sterling 40m

94m generated with 8m of that going to QPR.

In

Milner FREE
      Origi already our player
      Clyne 15m
      Kovacic 22m
      Benteke 25m
      Ings 8m

71m

Room for another player but not sure who.
      « Last Edit: Jun 17, 2015 06:09:20 pm by Ribapuru »
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #441: Jun 17, 2015 05:55:10 pm
      Benzima or Higuain or Lacazzi  - 35 - 40 mil
      Benzima is rated 80m and Higuai 70m. Rediclious considering Suarez was 75m.
      red_kaiser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,506 posts | 60 
      Reply #442: Jun 17, 2015 06:17:28 pm

So is Aguero then 200 mn?
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #443: Jun 17, 2015 06:20:52 pm

They're not rated at that much, that's just how much their release clauses are.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #444: Jun 17, 2015 06:24:51 pm
      United have been qouted 80m for Benzeme and 70m for Higuan by their respective clubs. Your question is totally irrelevant.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #445: Jun 17, 2015 06:25:42 pm
      They're not rated at that much, that's just how much their release clauses are.
      That I didn't know, but from the sounds of it they wont sell for less. There is about as much chance we will see Benzema or Higuin at Liverpool than we will Messi. The only players around that standard we may see are Falcoa or Tevez and they wont be as good as they used to be.
      red_kaiser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,506 posts | 60 
      Reply #446: Jun 17, 2015 06:30:51 pm
      United have been qouted 80m for Benzeme and 70m for Higuan by their respective clubs. Your question is totally irrelevant.

And then we often have players being quoted as not for sale only to be sold a few days later. We need to be realistic.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #447: Jun 17, 2015 06:37:30 pm
      That I didn't know, but from the sounds of it they wont sell for less. There is about as much chance we will see Benzema or Higuin at Liverpool than we will Messi. The only players around that standard we may see are Falcoa or Tevez and they wont be as good as they used to be.

It depends on how close to the release clause that the offer is. Napoli can't say that if somebody offered them 50-60m for Higuain that they wouldn't sell.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #448: Jun 17, 2015 06:38:18 pm
      And then we often have players being quoted as not for sale only to be sold a few days later. We need to be realistic.
      Those players that are said not for sale usually get sold because a rediclious price gets offered. Clubs now automate that by putting a buy out clause. I can't remember many times I have seen clubs say 70 or 80m then sell much cheaper for 30 to 40m. I am not talking about clubs changing their mind to if they will or wont sell, so once again... irrelevant. Could you imagine Liverpool suddenly changing their mind and selling Sterling for 25m? I certainly doubt it.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #449: Jun 17, 2015 06:45:12 pm

Higuaín  gets £3,007,258 per year according the web (euro exchange rate to pounds). Which is 57,831 pounds a week or a a bit over actually say even 65,000.
      So a deal couldn't be made to double his wages and lure him away, yeah doubt that one.
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,008 posts | 209 
      • do do do
      Reply #450: Jun 17, 2015 06:55:21 pm
      Yup remember the first match of FSG reign...the 2010 Merseyside Derby; got up at 3:30am for that one never will forget it.

Raul Meireles, Paul Konchesky, Fabio Aurelio, Sotirios Kyrgiakos, Joe Cole, Christian Poulsen, Jay Spearing,    David N'Gog

All starters that day and then summarily dismissed by FSG and moved on to bathe in glory at bigger clubs.

Damn you FSG...Damn you to hell!!! you destroyed one of the great squads in league history.

hilarious post that lead me to do some reading. i don't want to be off topic too much so i'll just paste this quote from an article about that derby in 2010.

"I know some people are saying this was a cheap price. There is no way we look at this as a cheap price for this club."

john henry 5 years ago. maybe some people really need to have a think about just how fu**ed up the club was when they bought it. look at his quote: there is NO WAY we look at this as a cheap price. he is saying that it was a tremendous tremendous amount of money to spend on a club "worth nothing", a club in the sh*t.  when you understand how far back we are, and how far ahead our competitors are..... well, if you really understand that, you would be an absolute fool to be demanding so much so quickly. yes it's been 5 years but man I think this is going to take over 10 years. john henry made mention of wengers network he has spent a very long time setting up - we're not getting any quick fixes here guys. we are working to rebuild our football club and put it into the 21st century. this wont be done next year. this will take up to two decades and man we better pray we're seeing results by then! we're only in the very early stages of gutting the sh*t squad we had, as alluded to in the Merseyside Derby of 2010, we're still in the early stages of putting the next team together. next time we win something we might only have a couple of these players. short term pain, long term gain, we hope....
      BostonScouse
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 715 posts | 106 
      Reply #451: Jun 17, 2015 08:18:37 pm
      hilarious post that lead me to do some reading. i don't want to be off topic too much so i'll just paste this quote from an article about that derby in 2010.

"I know some people are saying this was a cheap price. There is no way we look at this as a cheap price for this club."

john henry 5 years ago. maybe some people really need to have a think about just how fu**ed up the club was when they bought it. look at his quote: there is NO WAY we look at this as a cheap price. he is saying that it was a tremendous tremendous amount of money to spend on a club "worth nothing", a club in the sh*t.  when you understand how far back we are, and how far ahead our competitors are..... well, if you really understand that, you would be an absolute fool to be demanding so much so quickly. yes it's been 5 years but man I think this is going to take over 10 years. john henry made mention of wengers network he has spent a very long time setting up - we're not getting any quick fixes here guys. we are working to rebuild our football club and put it into the 21st century. this wont be done next year. this will take up to two decades and man we better pray we're seeing results by then! we're only in the very early stages of gutting the sh*t squad we had, as alluded to in the Merseyside Derby of 2010, we're still in the early stages of putting the next team together. next time we win something we might only have a couple of these players. short term pain, long term gain, we hope....

I don't buy that. Not for a minute.

If we were in the early stages back then, we should have made a massive leap forward with last season's outlay. Unfortunately in this game, money literally can buy you success and its been proven by chavs and man city. Two decades for what? Setting up a scouting network? I've seen scouting on this forum that would shame the men whom are paid to do so at LFC.
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #452: Jun 18, 2015 01:08:34 pm
      who do we all think realistically we can get in as a striker, do you think we will get a striker? list below top 3 targets and est cost
      AlexLFC95
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,393 posts | 56 
      Reply #453: Jun 18, 2015 08:53:51 pm
      who do we all think realistically we can get in as a striker, do you think we will get a striker? list below top 3 targets and est cost

Do you work for The Metro or something?
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #454: Jun 19, 2015 02:23:40 pm
      Do you work for The Metro or something?
      i dont get it
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #455: Jun 19, 2015 07:07:11 pm
      Ins:

Origi
      Milner
      Ings
      Bogdan
      Gomez
      Clyne
      Digne
      Illarramendi
      Kovacic
      Top Striker

Outs:

Gerrard
      Johnson
      Jones
      Aspas
      Coates
      Balotelli
      Lambert
      Borini
      Enrique
      Sterling

These signings will improve our squad ten fold on last season. But that top striker is our most important signing and I struggle to see where we can get one from.
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #456: Jun 23, 2015 09:45:44 am
      so far linked with
      Rondon
      Barcca
      Firminho and Clyne this week and that Dnipo winger i cant pronouce.

would be happy with all the above and that's us done, then sell Borini, Allen, Ballotelli,Lambert,Alberto,coates,Sterling

meaning all our spending is covered.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,599 posts | 1813 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #457: Jun 23, 2015 10:14:01 am
      Out of all leaving, Gerrard & sterling are the only ones that we will miss. Scored most of our goals last season.

so hopefully the new guys can at the least replace those goals, and add some.

Let's face it, the strikers can't be any worse.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,544 posts | 1544 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #458: Jun 23, 2015 10:33:22 am
      Out of all leaving, Gerrard & sterling are the only ones that we will miss. Scored most of our goals last season.
      Good point.

Scary to think what things might be like around here if Ings doesn't score 10 goals in his first 10 games :D

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,333 posts | 4960 
      Reply #459: Jun 23, 2015 11:57:02 am

so hopefully the new guys can at the least replace those goals, and add some.

Let's face it, the strikers can't be any worse.

I don't think we'll miss Gerrard on the pitch that much. But off it it is a huge gap to fill.

Stevie was a statesman like figure to the other players at the club and we have nobody to fill that void. Milner might have been signed as a kind of replacement for the experience but he is a world away from having the gravitas of Gerrard.

Quick Reply