Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 22nd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P10 W7 D0 L3

Memphis Depay (PSV --> Manchester United)

Read 34209 times
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,875 posts | 6809 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Re: Memphis Depay (PSV)
      Reply #276: May 09, 2015 06:30:29 am
      Don't think he needs sacked, just removed from the transfer committee.

He's Terminal mate. Everything he touches turns to sh*t. Get rid of.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #277: May 09, 2015 07:01:33 am
      LVG said he was off to PSG if they didn't sign him. Kind of gives credit to Brendan's words and i said earlier i don't think we need him as we have that position sorted in numbers with Ibe, Lallana, Raheem and Lazar.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,544 posts | 1543 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #278: May 09, 2015 07:43:08 am
      we have that position sorted in numbers with Ibe, Lallana, Raheem and Lazar.
      Question though, is whether they're good enough. I'm sure Ibe is, not sure about the rest

crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #279: May 09, 2015 08:07:19 am
      Question though, is whether they're good enough. I'm sure Ibe is, not sure about the rest

I think they all are, except Lazar. But i don't think any of them will be actively offered to other clubs for us to need to sign another winger.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,875 posts | 6809 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #280: May 09, 2015 10:13:21 am
      Why does every fibre of my being want this fella to cop some injury that keeps him out for the full season?  :couch:

I just can't shake the feeling ever since he announced he wasn't coming to us but going to those cu*ts.
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #281: May 09, 2015 10:44:25 am
      Another total F**k up by the powers that be - or this committee...

If we want a player then get him - or did they actually think we could wait this one out and get him at a cut price, again? Utd, as much as I hate to say have shown us how to do business properly. Get in early and land the bloody player!

Rodgers, well it makes it harder and harder for me to keep supporting him as a manager when he comes out with this kind of rubbish.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,544 posts | 1543 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #282: May 09, 2015 10:48:15 am
      Thing is, I'm not sure these are screw ups by FSG - I think this is exactly how they operate

Flirt with class players, make a bit of noise about sounding them out then have no real intention of paying the fee and resultant wage

Ooops! We were pipped at the post once more! Never mind. We'll get the next one for sure!

Job done

Ooops! We were pipped at the post once more! Never mind. We'll get the next one for sure!

Job done

Rinse repeat
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,326 posts | 4959 
      Reply #283: May 09, 2015 11:04:06 am
      LVG said he was off to PSG if they didn't sign him. Kind of gives credit to Brendan's words

I'm not sure it does Crouchie.

I don't think Brendan was the reason we didn't sign him but I do believe we were interested.

Now that interest was probably never going to materialise properly as other clubs were also interested and we would never compete properly.
      Bier
      Reply #284: May 09, 2015 01:43:28 pm
      LVG said he was off to PSG if they didn't sign him. Kind of gives credit to Brendan's words and i said earlier i don't think we need him as we have that position sorted in numbers with Ibe, Lallana, Raheem and Lazar.

PSV's director also said he expected him to go to PSG before United swooped in. But, about 2 weeks ago he also said the situation was different. At that point PSG and us were the only ones in official talks with him, when Depay went to go visit the clubs. So what changed. I wouldn't be surprised if he was our backup for Raheem or something, and we were just stalling.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 31,421 posts | 6420 
      Reply #285: May 09, 2015 02:01:37 pm
      PSV's director also said he expected him to go to PSG before United swooped in. But, about 2 weeks ago he also said the situation was different. At that point PSG and us were the only ones in official talks with him, when Depay went to go visit the clubs. So what changed. I wouldn't be surprised if he was our backup for Raheem or something, and we were just stalling.

I was wondering that myself Bier. It seemed like this ramped way up when the issues with Raheem came to a head. It wouldn't surprise me if the club generated some "faux" interest in Depay to try and pressure Raheem, as if to say...."go ahead and leave and if you do we've already got your replacement lined up".

Tricky negotiating tactic if it has any validity, one that could backfire on you and you are left without either player.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #286: May 09, 2015 02:31:10 pm

Could be. We will probably never find out.

Never expected him to be signed for us and ManU always looked like his destination. I think the vast majority expected that too. So it's a bit weird to see so much criticism in this thread.
      Bier
      Reply #287: May 09, 2015 02:53:23 pm
      Could be. We will probably never find out.

Never expected him to be signed for us and ManU always looked like his destination. I think the vast majority expected that too. So it's a bit weird to see so much criticism in this thread.

I think many people are just fed up in general with our transfer deals, and are hoping for the club to prove them wrong this summer, perhaps against better judgement. Confidence is very low.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #288: May 09, 2015 03:04:11 pm
      I think many people are just fed up in general with our transfer deals, and are hoping for the club to prove them wrong this summer, perhaps against better judgement. Confidence is very low.

Makes sense of course. Let's see what happens.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,160 posts | 1288 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #289: May 10, 2015 12:23:21 pm

Any chance we could lock this please? Another failed transfer attempt by the calamitous clown that is Ian Fuckwit Ayre.
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,938 posts | 1480 
      Reply #290: May 10, 2015 01:20:27 pm
      We probably lowballed the seller, the player and his agent. If a deal got done, all of them would be suckers.
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #291: May 11, 2015 06:45:01 am
      Just close it already.
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #292: May 11, 2015 09:18:44 am
      not sure we were in for him
       rodgers said we never were, media say we were
       the final truth is he is signing for the mancs,
       he said it in an interview on SSN ,he said he was closer to sign for PSG and a ring by LVG changed his mind to join the scum,
       never mentioned LFC
        Can close this thread now

YNWA
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #293: May 12, 2015 11:33:27 am
      We need a top quality striker, not winger

Quick Reply