Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Nathaniel Clyne (Southampton) - SIGNED by LFC

Read 60690 times
      Poko
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,502 posts | 65 
      Re: Nathaniel Clyne (Southampton)
      Reply #276: Jun 23, 2015 03:39:41 pm
      From James Pearce,

Liverpool FC braced for third bid from Man City for Sterling
      Liverpool FC are bracing themselves for a third bid from Manchester City for Raheem Sterling. The Reds have had no contact with City since an improved offer of Ā£40million was quickly rejected last week.

However, City havenā€™t been put off their pursuit of the young England international and will make another attempt to land the 20-year-old attacker.

Liverpoolā€™s stance remains unchanged. They donā€™t want to sell Sterling, who is under contract at Anfield until 2017.

However, in the knowledge that he wants to quit the club and is keen on a move to the Etihad Stadium, the Reds would reluctantly agree to do business if their Ā£50million valuation is met.

The Anfield hierarchy remain adamant that if Sterling does leave it will be on Liverpoolā€™s terms and they would demand the cash up front so it could be reinvested in the squad this summer.

The Reds would have to pay 20% of any fee to his former club Queens Park Rangers.

Sterling, who snubbed Liverpoolā€™s offer of a new five-year deal worth Ā£100,000 per week and then refused to resume negotiations, has returned to the UK after a holiday in Ibiza.

His relationship with the club he joined in 2010 has deteriorated during his increasingly acrimonious contract stand-off.

His form plummeted in the closing months of last season and his popularity with supporters also nosedived with Sterling heckled at both the unveiling of the new kit and also the end of season awards.

But despite the current situation, owners Fenway Sports Group donā€™t feel any under pressure to sell. Regardless of Sterlingā€™s desire to leave, his departure wonā€™t be sanctioned unless Liverpool get what they believe heā€™s worth.

City desperately need home grown players to conform with UEFA regulations and Sterling is at the top of Manuel Pellegriniā€™s list of summer targets.

Meanwhile, Liverpool are prepared to bide their time in their pursuit of Southampton right-back Nathaniel Clyne,

The Reds had a bid of Ā£10million rejected last month and have yet to return with an increased offer.

Saints want Ā£15million but Liverpool are currently unwilling to go that high for the 24-year-old England international, who is down to the final year of his contract.

Clyne has his heart set on a move to Anfield and the Reds hope a compromise can be reached. Brendan Rodgers views him as the ideal replacement for Glen Johnson, who has left Anfield as a free agent.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-fc-braced-third-bid-9507127
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #277: Jun 23, 2015 04:29:33 pm
      why dont we offer 10mil with 5mil add ons come end of season depending on success,medals,finals league position. that way they get 15mil but in two stages and it means we've saved 5mil out of this current budget.

or offer gomez on loan for a season
      Poko
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,502 posts | 65 
      Reply #278: Jun 23, 2015 05:07:18 pm
      why dont we offer 10mil with 5mil add ons come end of season depending on success,medals,finals league position. that way they get 15mil but in two stages and it means we've saved 5mil out of this current budget.

or offer gomez on loan for a season

Because Clyne has one year left on his contract, paying 15M would be a little high for a player with one year left.
      Lio Varadkar
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 785 posts | 66 
      Reply #279: Jun 23, 2015 11:09:17 pm
      United cooled their interest in Ronaldo too....guess he's crap now too?
      Nice of you pickin up just a quiet meaningless bit of my whole post. Well done sir.

Bet you (and Gill95) were those saying Bertrand was crap and Moreno (IĀ“ll rate if/when he matures in a couple years) a real deal instantly to improve our starting eleven. The opposite was true.

Clyne might work hard in LFC shirt if we sign him but his attitude stinks. He agreed to formal contract proposal with utd but then went to ask for more and more, a greedy f**ker. Had to change his agent for that to save his face. Wouldnt touch him with a barge pole to be honest.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,441 posts | 6431 
      Reply #280: Jun 23, 2015 11:45:02 pm
      Nice of you pickin up just a quiet meaningless bit of my whole post. Well done sir.

Well why put it in your post if it's meaningless?
      Lio Varadkar
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 785 posts | 66 
      Reply #281: Jun 23, 2015 11:56:34 pm
      Its add to the whole picture mate. Hodgson who we all know is a fool prefers Phil fucken Jones, and Jordan Henderson at the right back. Also adds to that there is something fundamentaly wrong with Clyne who should be at the peak of his career. Cant even make a shocking England right back slot of his own. Its a sideway step in his career but a nice "triple my wages" move. It stinks. He wants a clean sheet to get his bonus. Idiot.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,372 posts | 4973 
      Reply #282: Jun 23, 2015 11:58:15 pm
      Its add to the whole picture mate. Hodgson who we all know is a fool prefers Phil fucken Jones, and Jordan Henderson at the right back. Also adds to that there is something fundamentaly wrong with Clyne who should be at the peak of his career. Cant even make a shocking England right back slot of his own. Its a sideway step in his career but a nice "triple my wages" move. It stinks. He wants a clean sheet to get his bonus. Idiot.

'Hodgson who we all know is a fool'

You admit this then use him not using Clyne as some sort of justification for a debate?

Weird.
      Lio Varadkar
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 785 posts | 66 
      Reply #283: Jun 24, 2015 12:16:14 am
      no srs, it shows that even a massive bellend like Hodge, while working a good while with him, realizes how stupid in terms of attitude, and most likely in training this lad is. And also how overhyped, overrated player he is.

I dont want to spoilt the party as Moreno, Manquillo were also the the no. 1 world fullbacks on this site and Bertrand was a sunday league player so I better leave this debate. Once fixated mind on overhyped player obviously better than past it Glen Johnson, its really imposibble to argue.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,372 posts | 4973 
      Reply #284: Jun 24, 2015 12:19:49 am
      no srs, it shows that even a massive bellend like Hodge, while working a good while with him, realizes how stupid in terms of attitude, and most likely in training this lad is. And also how overhyped, overrated player he is.

I dont want to spoilt the party as Moreno, Manquillo were also the the no. 1 world fullbacks on this site and Bertrand was a sunday league player so I better leave this debate. Once fixated mind on overhyped player obviously better than past it Glen Johnson, its really imposibble to argue.

No it means Hodgey is a massive bellend and wouldn't know a good footballer if he was staring him in the face with a fistfull of medals.

If you use him in an arguement there isn't a chance I'm gloing to take you seriously mate as you must have been in a coma when he wasour manager overseeing the most horrific football I've witnessed as a Liverpool supporter.

Lio Varadkar
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 785 posts | 66 
      Reply #285: Jun 24, 2015 12:43:19 am
      No mate, Im using Hodge-Podge in an argument of a player with bad morale and poor training attitude as thats the alfa-omega of Woys metods. If Clyne doesnt work hard enough under Woy who insists on hard work as the first quallity in a player, then there is no chance that Clyne, just after signing a triple wages contract with LFC, will work hard (enough) under Rodgers who is about the ball work in the first place. Seems clear to me the only reason for signing with LFC is for Clyne to get a fat pay-check.

If Woy couldnt make him work harder Brendan will never do. Besides, hes not that good. He looks good. Athletic. Doing bad decisions when it matters. Trippier is much more reliable. And will do utmost to get better. Like Danny Ings will. Could see Clyne and Sterling on the booze pictures appear anytime soon. They are the same sauce. Good night
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,372 posts | 4973 
      Reply #286: Jun 24, 2015 12:47:25 am
      No mate, Im using Hodge-Podge in an argument of a player with bad morale and poor training attitude as thats the alfa-omega of Woys metods. If Clyne doesnt work hard enough under Woy who insists on hard work as the first quallity in a player, then there is no chance that Clyne, just after signing a triple wages contract with LFC, will work hard (enough) under Rodgers who is about the ball work in the first place. Seems clear to me the only reason for signing with LFC is for Clyne to get a fat pay-check.

If Woy couldnt make him work harder Brendan will never do. Besides, hes not that good. He looks good. Athletic. Doing bad decisions when it matters. Trippier is much more reliable. And will do utmost to get better. Like Danny Ings will. Could see Clyne and Sterling on the booze pictures appear anytime soon. They are the same sauce. Good night

Like I said if you trust Hodgson over Brendan then I'm done with any debate.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #287: Jun 24, 2015 01:11:01 am

I'd never listen to anything Hodgson says as he talks so much sh*t and is known for throwing his players under the bus in front of the media. Here is one of the latest interview from Hodgson about Clyne...

Roy Hodgson tells Nathaniel Clyne that form is not enough for England

Roy Hodgson has indicated he will continue with Phil Jones as Englandā€™s right-back and made it clear to Nathaniel Clyne that he has no right ā€œon the basis of a good seasonā€ to think he should take over from the Manchester United defender.

Clyne was restricted to the role of a late substitute in Englandā€™s 3-2 win against Slovenia and was overlooked when Hodgson withdrew Jones, who was suffering from a minor ankle injury, at half-time. Jordan Henderson was switched from central midfield into defence and at the end of the game Clyne went straight down the tunnel. ā€œI suppose he was disappointed,ā€ Hodgson said.

Jones was partly to blame for Sloveniaā€™s first goal and has had an erratic season at Old Trafford but Hodgson gave him his backing after it was put to the England manager that Clyne had been the outstanding right-back in the Premier League last season with Southampton.

ā€œMaybe,ā€ Hodgson said, ā€œbut Jones is a top-quality player. We have great faith in him and we are very happy with him. We think Nathaniel Clyne is a very good player but I would be disappointed if anyone thought that on the basis of a good season with their clubs they can walk in and demand a place.

ā€œIf I were to play him and leave out Phil Jones there would have been a lot of questions about ā€˜Donā€™t you rate Phil Jones?ā€™ and ā€˜Donā€™t you think heā€™s a man of the future?ā€™ I didnā€™t notice Clyne walk off and you would have to ask him.

ā€œHeā€™s a good lad, heā€™s been very solid since heā€™s come in and we like him very much. I would be surprised if he did that. I spoke to him and explained what I was doing but you canā€™t expect everyone to be happy.

ā€œAfter the game when you are walking around the substitutes you wonā€™t get the same smiling faces as you do from the 11 who played. That is a fact of life.ā€

Liverpool had an opening offer for Clyne of around Ā£10m turned down last month. Southampton want the 24-year-old to extend his contract, which has one season to run.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/jun/15/roy-hodgson-nathaniel-clyne-england

Straight away Hodgson is implying that Clyne is demanding that he starts. I highly doubt that is the case and instead I assume Clyne is disappointed as he contributed far more than Jones did this season and was part of a better defence. Jones wasn't even first choice right back for United which should tell you a lot.

Secondly, he admits that Clyne had a good season yet insists on carrying on playing Jones even though he was at fault for a goal or two against Slovenia.

It's actually hilarious that he thinks loads of people would question why Jones isn't in the starting 11. Frankly, nobody would give two shits because Clyne is the better player. This shows the strange mindset of Hodgson. He's evidently picked Jones over Clyne because he thinks less questions will be asked that way.

I'd love for us to sign this lad, he'd improve our defence without a doubt.

Lio, why do you rate Hodgson higher than Brendan? And why don't you think he will work hard at Liverpool? I honestly don't think that's the case.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #288: Jun 24, 2015 01:51:52 am
      "Jones is a top-quality player."

Oh for F**k sake, Woy. How did this c**t manage us?! F***ing idiot.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #289: Jun 24, 2015 03:20:44 am
      "Jones is a top-quality player."

Oh for f**k sake, Woy. How did this c**t manage us?! F***ing idiot.

Anything associated with the scum and he wa**s over it, sad old Fergie arse licking c**t.
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,008 posts | 209 
      • do do do
      Reply #290: Jun 24, 2015 03:22:51 am
      Like I said if you trust Hodgson over Brendan then I'm done with any debate.

Yep, any opinion formed off anything Roy Hodgson says to the press is a bad opinion.
      Lio Varadkar
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 785 posts | 66 
      Reply #291: Jun 24, 2015 03:35:48 am
      Lio, why do you rate Hodgson higher than Brendan? And why don't you think he will work hard at Liverpool? I honestly don't think that's the case.

Listen mate, I never said I rated Hodgson over Brendan. Ridiculous. I despice Roy. He was the first (and hopefully the last) LFC manager I wanted to get sacked.

Im just saying Clyne is a money-grabbing cnut not fitting the Liverpool mold. I would have fit Jon Flanagan all day everyday above Clyne. Thats about it. If Clyne proves me wrong and goes to be a top dog taking us higher, then we meet somewhere in Liverpool having all pints on me. Sorted. Give me a PM when Nathan scores his first goal for LFC. IĀ“ll spend a fortune.
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #292: Jun 24, 2015 10:08:39 am
      Listen mate, I never said I rated Hodgson over Brendan. Ridiculous. I despice Roy. He was the first (and hopefully the last) LFC manager I wanted to get sacked.

Im just saying Clyne is a money-grabbing cnut not fitting the Liverpool mold. I would have fit Jon Flanagan all day everyday above Clyne. Thats about it. If Clyne proves me wrong and goes to be a top dog taking us higher, then we meet somewhere in Liverpool having all pints on me. Sorted. Give me a PM when Nathan scores his first goal for LFC. IĀ“ll spend a fortune.
      the problem with Flanagan is he's now had two major injuries at such a young age will he be another Micha Richards and not live upto his potential due to injuries. there are  not many RB options at LFC at the moment but i think we can hold off and get him lower than the 15mil they want as he's in his last year
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #293: Jun 24, 2015 10:25:11 am

Where have you got your information from to call him a money grabbing c**t?
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #294: Jun 24, 2015 10:53:58 am
      i Still think he would be a great signing, he's settled in the league can score goals and looks to have a decent cross on him, good at defending and still young enough to improve.

15mil may be over paying as he's only got a year but if we dont act fast UTD will just come in and pay it
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #295: Jun 24, 2015 01:50:37 pm
      We're on a role with this mornings new addition, so come transfer guys let's get this done  ;D
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #296: Jun 24, 2015 05:32:40 pm
      We're on a role with this mornings new addition, so come transfer guys let's get this done  ;D

After signing Firmino I'm very confident this one will get done. We surely have credit in the bank when it comes to negotiating with Southampton, they should have a tinge of guilt while dealing with us at the minute.

Chuck in Schneiderlin and we'll forget how much we paid for Lallana and Lovren :D
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #297: Jun 24, 2015 05:40:38 pm
      After signing Firmino I'm very confident this one will get done. We surely have credit in the bank when it comes to negotiating with Southampton, they should have a tinge of guilt while dealing with us at the minute.

Chuck in Schneiderlin and we'll forget how much we paid for Lallana and Lovren :D

I'm pretty sure it will too mate.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #298: Jun 24, 2015 08:23:49 pm

Arsenal and Spurs are refusing to meet his Ā£24m valuation and United are after Bastian. Can we please swoop in?!

Quick Reply