Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 15th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P1 W1 D0 L0

Colin Pascoe sacked

Read 66684 times
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,223 posts | 1646 
      Re: Colin Pascoe sacked
      Reply #276: Jun 07, 2015 11:14:04 am
      Pako is the man coming back according to The Mirror.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #277: Jun 07, 2015 11:15:31 am
      When i tell liverpool fans that Rodgers is a small coach

Rodgers  should just quit. thats what every top manager will do.
      Make your F***ing mind up fella - is he a small coach or a top manager?  :dunce2:

dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,218 posts | 3393 
      Reply #278: Jun 07, 2015 11:20:13 am
      So Pako is back to being the best around when after he was sacked/resigned a few years back he was the snake in the grass for talking to Mourinho.

Also, why weren't Benitez given down the banks the way Rodgers is when his assistant was sacked/resigned?
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,044 posts | 3967 
      Reply #279: Jun 07, 2015 11:21:56 am
      Any top manager wuill quit if his backroom team gets fired. When i tell liverpool fans that Rodgers is a small coach and not a worldclass manager they get mad. But can You imagine United sacking LVG assistants? or Mourinho or Wenger? can bayern sack guadiola assistants? Thats shows your manager has tot no say?

The new coaching staffs . Do they share thesame phylosophy and style as the manager? Will the manager accept their opinions? Rodgers  should just quit. thats what every top manager will do. They should pay him and wish him good byeee.

Do you have a any clue in the F***ing world what exactly is going on at LFC??
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,044 posts | 3967 
      Reply #280: Jun 07, 2015 11:26:04 am
      So Pako is back to being the best around when after he was sacked/resigned a few years back he was the snake in the grass for talking to Mourinho.

Also, why weren't Benitez given down the banks the way Rodgers is when his assistant was sacked/resigned?

Distractions Billy. No more, no less.
      When the F**k are we getting some quality signings??
      TonioLerouge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,170 posts | 59 
      Reply #281: Jun 07, 2015 11:26:59 am
      My reaction to the two sackings is the same :

Why not ? / Who am I to have any opinion on coaching staff ?
      It's just impossible to know if these two were at fault in any way or just scapegoated. Let's just say there are probably enough better coaches around to find good replacements and I'm fine with it.

And about varied conspiracy theories, it's just impossible to be completely sure who decided what, and who will decide who are the replacements, so I'd let them for the time some club ITKs will publish their memories.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,378 posts | 2884 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #282: Jun 07, 2015 11:35:29 am
      Pako could be the best signing of the summer
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,044 posts | 3967 
      Reply #283: Jun 07, 2015 11:39:32 am
      My reaction to the two sackings is the same :

Why not ? / Who am I to have any opinion on coaching staff ?
      It's just impossible to know if these two were at fault in any way or just scapegoated. Let's just say there are probably enough better coaches around to find good replacements and I'm fine with it.

And about varied conspiracy theories, it's just impossible to be completely sure who decided what, and who will decide who are the replacements, so I'd let them for the time some club ITKs will publish their memories.

Conspiracy theories?
      Impossible to be sure?

Where the hell have you been for the last five years?
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,218 posts | 3393 
      Reply #284: Jun 07, 2015 11:40:20 am
      When the F**k are we getting some quality signings??

Who knows mate?

Hopefully once the backroom staff is sorted, the club can then fully focus on the playing staff. I wouldn't get your hopes up though in signing big names. If anything, we'll be hoping for more Coutinho's. Little known players who turn out to be quality.

Binomial
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 885 posts | 37 
      • Doing things over and expecting different results
      Reply #285: Jun 07, 2015 11:47:15 am
      goodbye marsh and pascoe

welcome back pako and ingelthorpe
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,044 posts | 3967 
      Reply #286: Jun 07, 2015 11:47:27 am
      Who knows mate?

Hopefully once the backroom staff is sorted, the club can then fully focus on the playing staff. I wouldn't get your hopes up though in signing big names. If anything, we'll be hoping for more Coutinho's. Little known players who turn out to be quality.

The silly cu*ts expect Rodgers to do a KD at least once a season and discover another Suarez, or to a lesser extent Coutinho.
      £22m is what Suarez cost so....

Paisleydalglish
      Reply #287: Jun 07, 2015 11:51:43 am
      goodbye marsh and pascoe

Where's Ingelthorpe been?
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,218 posts | 3393 
      Reply #288: Jun 07, 2015 11:58:08 am
      The silly cu*ts expect Rodgers to do a KD at least once a season and discover another Suarez, or to a lesser extent Coutinho.
      £22m is what Suarez cost so....

If memory serves me right, both Suarez and Coutinho were bought without the committee. So maybe there's the problem. But then again, we all knew that anyway.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #289: Jun 07, 2015 12:02:23 pm
      KK it is a pity FSG could not bring RAFA with PAKO.

Rafa and Paco fell out so I doubt we'd have gotten them both back but would have been nice like.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,044 posts | 3967 
      Reply #290: Jun 07, 2015 12:08:27 pm
      If memory serves me right, both Suarez and Coutinho were bought without the committee. So maybe there's the problem. But then again, we all knew that anyway.

Transfer committee = further distraction and failing miserably to perform the task FSG appointed them for.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #291: Jun 07, 2015 12:16:14 pm
      goodbye marsh and pascoe

Inglethorpe is the Academy Directoris he not? He's not been anywhere.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,481 posts | 4596 
      Reply #292: Jun 07, 2015 12:20:46 pm
      Any top manager wuill quit if his backroom team gets fired. When i tell liverpool fans that Rodgers is a small coach and not a worldclass manager they get mad. But can You imagine United sacking LVG assistants? or Mourinho or Wenger? can bayern sack guadiola assistants? Thats shows your manager has tot no say?

The new coaching staffs . Do they share thesame phylosophy and style as the manager? Will the manager accept their opinions? Rodgers  should just quit. thats what every top manager will do. They should pay him and wish him good byeee.

So by no talking away after having his assistants sacked makes Rodgers a small coach & not world class?.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #293: Jun 07, 2015 01:02:54 pm
      Make your f**king mind up fella - is he a small coach or a top manager?  :dunce2:

Perhaps he's identifying a difference. A small coach would stay, a top manager would quit.

I'd also say a top manager would probably quit when put in this position because job offers from comparable clubs would roll in for them, Brendan doesn't have that luxury, of course we can all debate until the cows come home just what offers Brendan would get but does anyone honestly believe he'd get an offer from a team of our level or above if he did indeed quit?

I think it is also relevant to this post:

Fans shout he needs better staff around him.  Rodgers gets stick.

Two of his coaching staff let go, presumably so we can hire better.  Rodgers gets stick.

I'll think ignore the supposition, the innuendo and I'll wait to see who comes in before I grab my pitchfork, on this issue.

The key ingredient missing is to know what brought about that change. It appears Rodgers was forced to let go of his staff, if he instigated it then he would get more credit, if he did it as a self-preservation move then I'd be surprised if anyone could make that out to be a positive but I've already seen some try.

So while you try to paint it as a damned if you do and damned if you don't scenario the truth is it's not at all like that.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #294: Jun 07, 2015 01:04:05 pm
      Are you saying that 'The Committee' isn't comparable to 'the boot room'?  :confused-smiley-013:

I said they were similar, not the same.  I, for one, was sure you, of all posters, would be able to distinguish that, without pedantry.

Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #295: Jun 07, 2015 01:06:21 pm

The key ingredient missing is to know what brought about that change. It appears Rodgers was forced to let go of his staff, if he instigated it then he would get more credit, if he did it as a self-preservation move then I'd be surprised if anyone could make that out to be a positive but I've already seen some try.

So while you try to paint it as a damned if you do and damned if you don't scenario the truth is it's not at all like that.

I don't go along with the appears, it's being assumed by many, but I've seen nothing definitive, from any source.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #296: Jun 07, 2015 01:07:53 pm
      I don't go along with the appears, it's being assumed by many, but I've seen nothing definitive, from any source.

Fair enough Rodders, if it does indeed come out that Brendan basically said they're not good enough, then he'll get plenty of credit from me. Just with the surrounding circumstances I tend to believe that not to be the case.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,481 posts | 4596 
      Reply #297: Jun 07, 2015 01:14:52 pm
      Perhaps he's identifying a difference. A small coach would stay, a top manager would quit.

I'd also say a top manager would probably quit when put in this position because job offers from comparable clubs would roll in for them, Brendan doesn't have that luxury, of course we can all debate until the cows come home just what offers Brendan would get but does anyone honestly believe he'd get an offer from a team of our level or above if he did indeed quit?

That's the difference, small time would stay world class would walk, Pako was not removed because he was sh*te as Pascoe but out of not showing loyalty to Rafa & the club.

& yes Luke your right about Rodgers not getting a bigger club after LFC hence why he has stayed and not walked with his 2nd in command.

7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #298: Jun 07, 2015 01:16:56 pm

About time us lot started having a say on transfers I reckon Billy ;)

Quick Reply