Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 14th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P15 W6 D4 L5

Luis Diaz Player Thread (F)

Read 60153 times
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,209 posts | 1103 
      Re: Luis Diaz Player Thread (F)
      Reply #805: Apr 28, 2024 03:37:14 pm
      Diaz has shown growth in the last month, and a big part of that is Robbo is healthy and getting forward. I say this to say Diaz will only grow further with better pieces around him. A new CF would improve a multitude of positions
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,844 posts | 6785 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #806: Apr 28, 2024 11:07:15 pm
      I've said it before and I will say it again.

He huffs, he puffs but he doesn't blow sh*t down!

Nunez and Mo not even huffing so at least he's doing something better then them.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,087 posts | 2115 
      Reply #807: Apr 29, 2024 06:35:47 pm
      Diaz has shown growth in the last month, and a big part of that is Robbo is healthy and getting forward. I say this to say Diaz will only grow further with better pieces around him. A new CF would improve a multitude of positions

Perhaps, but he has to take the initiative himself ie with success. We need players to get us back to a standard where we can win the league and the Champions Lesgue again and those players are the type who could win a match on their own. Diaz hasn't shown that yet even with his huffing and puffing. And it's been 2 and a half years now.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #808: Apr 29, 2024 06:47:36 pm
      Perhaps, but he has to take the initiative himself ie with success. We need players to get us back to a standard where we can win the league and the Champions Lesgue again and those players are the type who could win a match on their own. Diaz hasn't shown that yet even with his huffing and puffing. And it's been 2 and a half years now.
      If Diaz and Nunez had taken half the chances they have had we would be walking this league , just goes to show how much we have relied on Mo , I still think one of the biggest blows was the Jota injury , but Diaz flatters to deceive in most games top it off his finishing is sh*te .
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,209 posts | 1103 
      Reply #809: Apr 29, 2024 10:32:59 pm
      I ain't gonna fight you on this. I'm not a Diaz supporter by any means. I'm just saying some of the traits are there, and out of him and Darwin being less clinical, I'm annoyed more at Nunez. Jota starts over both when fit for me, but who plays that 3rd position is an issue were having aym. It needs to be someone who doesn't just create chances, but also finishes them
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,577 posts | 1804 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #810: Apr 29, 2024 10:43:14 pm

Lucho is a machine, never stops. End product could be a bit better, but apart from that I think he's brill.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,184 posts | 3476 
      Reply #811: May 12, 2024 05:15:29 pm
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,716 posts | 3938 
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,184 posts | 3476 
      Reply #813: May 12, 2024 05:35:17 pm

He will get a few more goals and assist next season - been a hard working season from him
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,909 posts | 432 
      Reply #814: Today at 08:21:57 am

Christ he should be thanking his lucky stars if he's not being shipped off to a mid table side or somewhere in Holland this summer.

Never mind saying he's happy here as if he's willing to give us another year to prove ourselves to him.
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,524 posts | 224 
      Reply #815: Today at 12:12:14 pm
      A couple of awful passes yesterday when Salah was through on goal

Just don’t see him improving at this stage of his career

The-AllMightyReds
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,014 posts | 197 
      Reply #816: Today at 12:35:16 pm
      The outside the foot pass wasn't as easy as it looked, the idea was right and the execution was millimetres away from finding the target....clearly thought he was playing with Mo of 2 years ago.

A nice little reverse pass to Joe in the build up to Gakpo's but had his poorest game in a while last night beside....the numbers of fouls really pissed me off. Marginally offside for Mo's goal, need to see it back but felt he could've timed it better.
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,524 posts | 224 
      Reply #817: Today at 01:25:21 pm
      The outside the foot pass wasn't as easy as it looked, the idea was right and the execution was millimetres away from finding the target....clearly thought he was playing with Mo of 2 years ago.

A nice little reverse pass to Joe in the build up to Gakpo's but had his poorest game in a while last night beside....the numbers of fouls really pissed me off. Marginally offside for Mo's goal, need to see it back but felt he could've timed it better.

It’s the same everyweek

He runs well but his finishing and passing is mostly poor

I’m not sure what the solution is with how poor Nunez and Diaz have been. We really need to hope Salah is not done too

The-AllMightyReds
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,014 posts | 197 
      Reply #818: Today at 02:18:55 pm
      We really need to hope Salah is not done too

Uhmm...

Who's gonna tell him?
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,087 posts | 2115 
      Reply #819: Today at 04:35:41 pm
      For the countless numbers of times I've seen him in a golden position, I don't think I've ever seen such rampant impotency in football. Ever.

He fires more blanks than a Chernobyl based bull stud.

Get rid.

Quick Reply