Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match?

Simon Mignolet
      0 (0%)
      Nathaniel Clyne
      8 (8.3%)
      Martin Skrtel
      1 (1%)
      Dejan Lovren
      4 (4.2%)
      Joe Gomez
      0 (0%)
      Lucas Leiva
      2 (2.1%)
      Emre Can
      15 (15.6%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Danny Ings
      11 (11.5%)
      Christian Benteke
      49 (51%)
      Jordon Ibe
      0 (0%)
      Divock Origi
      2 (2.1%)
      Alberto Moreno
      4 (4.2%)

Total Members Voted: 93

Voting closed: Sep 16, 2015 07:24:24 pm

Man Utd 3-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match character

Read 38550 times
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Re: Man Utd 3-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match character
      Reply #713: Sep 12, 2015 09:11:34 pm
      I'd be happy for Harry Redknapp to come in as interim. At least you're guaranteed he can fire the players up!

I would take Sam f**king Allardyce at this rate, at least he'll have a game plan and philosophy that he'll stick to!!!!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,452 posts | 8658 
      Reply #714: Sep 12, 2015 09:13:46 pm
      We need an experienced interim manager to come in if we can't get the Klopps or Ancelottis of this world. As long as Brendan is our manager, there is no way forward. I'd be happy for Harry Redknapp to come in as interim. At least you're guaranteed he can fire the players up!

I would take Sam f**king Allardyce at this rate, at least he'll have a game plan and philosophy that he'll stick to!!!!

Now now lads I know it's all a bit desperate at the moment, but we need to keep some sanity!!  ;D
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,669 posts | 7156 
      Reply #715: Sep 12, 2015 09:18:04 pm
      Think I'll leave it now until FSG show some ambition for the club and hire a proper manager. that must be the third or fourth gutless performance in the last six or eight games its now become the norm.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #716: Sep 12, 2015 09:18:23 pm
      It's time for a change. Looking at the way we are playing it was almost certainly with the benefit of hindsight time for a change in the summer. I crave those days when we had a manager who everybody was behind and we went into games with excitement and anticipation. The truth is the vast majority of the fans don't believe anymore, the players almost certainly don't believe either, and looking at him in his interview I'm not even sure Brendan believes anymore.

Fortunately we have some good players, the season is but young and we can still rescue something from the wreckage. It's a sh!te league this year (was last season too) and if we get someone in who fires up the club, we still ought to be able to do something. It's time FSG, do it, call Jürgen Klopp. 
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #717: Sep 12, 2015 09:19:24 pm
      Think I'll leave it now until FSG show some ambition for the club and hire a proper manager. that must be the third or fourth gutless performance in the last six or eight games its now become the norm.

It'll take a while, think they only check the scores every few months or so.
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #718: Sep 12, 2015 09:19:41 pm
      Bordeaux away on Thursday and then Norwich at home.... scary stuff....

This is it Brendan...

If we don't win these two you've lost my vote...
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,710 posts | 896 
      Reply #719: Sep 12, 2015 09:19:42 pm
      All I can say is that I am heart broken and I'm trying to drink the game away and I can't seem to forget it.
      redrox
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 578 posts | 13 
      Reply #720: Sep 12, 2015 09:23:52 pm
      I'd be happy for Harry Redknapp to come in as interim.

Please don't mention these two names, since the game ended all I've had off my manc husband is "what you've got to think of is that Brendans too busy with his new girlfriend and getting his teeth whitened than getting your team to play proper football so you wanna get Redknapp or Allardyce to take over you will be way better with one of them than you are now"
      And its a tw*t when you can't really argue with him after that piss poor performance  :mad:

sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,058 posts | 547 
      Reply #721: Sep 12, 2015 09:25:41 pm
      We need an experienced interim manager to come in if we can't get the Klopps or Ancelottis of this world. As long as Brendan is our manager, there is no way forward. I'd be happy for Harry Redknapp to come in as interim. At least you're guaranteed he can fire the players up!

Alright, we're desperate, but not that desperate.
      Anyway, who says we cant get the Ancelottis or Klopps? I wouldnt want Ancelotti personally ( too defensive), but Klopp has been sending out come-and-get-me signals since he left Dortmund and basically looks ideal for us.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,655 posts | 3888 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #722: Sep 12, 2015 09:28:02 pm
      I'd be happy for Harry Redknapp to come in as interim. At least you're guaranteed he can fire the players up!

Both of you, get in the bin!

bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #723: Sep 12, 2015 09:29:24 pm
      We lost 3-0 there last season and it was a completely different feeling. We f*cking battered them that day, played really well and would have won but for their keeper having a blinder. Here we were powderpuff, it simply isn't acceptable in this fixture.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #724: Sep 12, 2015 09:33:41 pm
      We lost 3-0 there last season and it was a completely different feeling. We f*cking battered them that day, played really well and would have won but for their keeper having a blinder. Here we were powderpuff, it simply isn't acceptable in this fixture.

Yep I was actually very positive after the last defeat, I could see we'd turned a corner and we went on our run. This time we've created nothing, looked like a group of individuals and as you say Brendan doesn't even look like he believes.

I honestly believe if we got either Ancelotti or Klopp we'd get top 4 this season, the players are nowhere near as bad as they're currently showing. I'm not saying we can challenge for the title with this bunch but with a leader on the sidelines they could be pushed to get much more than we currently are from them.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #725: Sep 12, 2015 09:34:30 pm
      Down to Gordon and Ayre to see of they are happy with what they are F***ing watching, cos I'm not. It's on the level with some of Hodgson's worst and it can't be tolerated for much longer.

I agree with what you say HR but I'm quoting this bit because it was verbatim what I was thinking, watching that match today was like watching an owl squad, running around like headless chickens, passing the ball to the opposition and generally acting like a bunch of pissed up Sunday leaguers who got off a coach from a stag do in Blackpool five minutes before kick off.

I've tried my best to back Brendan but F**k me it's like he's trying to commit professional suicide.
      Tadders
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,831 posts | 580 
      Reply #726: Sep 12, 2015 09:35:33 pm
      Can we stop the mom for now - it's embarrassing
      Tadders

• 6,831 posts | 580 
      Reply #727: Sep 12, 2015 09:39:05 pm
      The only positive is I had 3-1 in the prediction league...
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,058 posts | 547 
      Reply #728: Sep 12, 2015 09:42:37 pm
      Can we stop the mom for now - it's embarrassing
      To be fair Benteke did score a world class goal.

F***ing Sky commentator saying it was eclipsed by Martial's!
      Martial's was an excellent goal, but Benteke's was unbelievable.
      yacster
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 524 posts |
      Reply #729: Sep 12, 2015 09:48:00 pm
      Very poor today and when there are problems in every department you know it's a management issue. Mig lacked confidence, full backs made mistakes leading to goals after a good start to the season, centre backs look calamitous, midfield lacks creativity. Wingers non existent and benteke isolated.
      Some thoughts;
      Need to play 2 upfront as sturridge and benteke will both play when fit. Also means coutinho can then play in his best position
      Skrtel plays best in a back 3
      We have no wingers as such
      So overall it has be 352 (moreno and Clyne suit this) or a diamond but we don't have a great defensive midfielder
      Mig
      Can Skrtel Sakho
      Clyne Milner Henderson moreno
      Coutinho
      Benteke sturridge

DanMann

• 5,797 posts | 892 
      Reply #730: Sep 12, 2015 10:16:09 pm
      Now you're just moving the f**king goalposts you tit. We were talking about the f**king Martial goal, not them actually beating us!!

I've appluaded a United goal at Anfield before - Mata's last season was one and I wasn't the only one!!

Some of us still know the old ways.

Sure. So we're losing 2-1... back in the game after our goal... but you think fans should applaud the goal that seals it for Utd?  :f_whistle:
      Clevadani
      • Forum Youth Player

• 10 posts |
      Reply #731: Sep 12, 2015 10:27:31 pm
      This is my first post on this forum. I have been a liverpool fan for  10yrs and have followed this forum for two years now.
      I really like Rodgers but sadly, he is not the kind of coach we need to achieve our aims. Even under King Kenny, even if results were abysmal, we played good football at times and we were incredibly unlucky at times.
      These last 6 games has really exposed Rodgers.
      When you look at the amount of money he has spent over the years, it will become clear that he is out of his depth coaching a team like Liverpool. Athletico has spent less than half of what we have spent in the last few years, yet they have an amazing team with players like Jackson Martinez and griezman
      I would be very happy with the owners if they can get a coach like Klopp
      AJ-LFC
      • Forum Alf Arrowsmith

• 60 posts |
      Reply #732: Sep 12, 2015 10:35:29 pm

I know it's not making things any better but, we beat Bournemouth by an offside goal. They had a goal which should have stood disallowed. Arsenal scored a perfect goal which was also disallowed... Things could gave been even worse but believe it or not, we have also had a bit of luck!!

On a slightly good note... Benteke's goal was worthy of goal of the season. Martial's goal looked good but running through our defence is no achievement!   
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #733: Sep 12, 2015 10:37:37 pm
      Sure. So we're losing 2-1... back in the game after our goal... but you think fans should applaud the goal that seals it for Utd?  :f_whistle:

You'll never get it

I'd stop trying if I were you
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,326 posts | 773 
      Reply #734: Sep 12, 2015 10:42:02 pm
      Pity we have no wingers, more like whingers, that is what modern day football seems to have produced nowadays !
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #735: Sep 12, 2015 10:43:04 pm
      Suggesting Harry Redknapp as a manager should be a hangable offence.

Quick Reply