Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager

Read 1544197 times
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager
      Reply #1173: Oct 23, 2015 12:50:10 am
      I have seen so many "when Sturridge is back" posts  for months now

Pretty sure I wrote most of them mate :)

Trying to replace Suarez with Lambert and Balotelli was crazy, just as crazy as expecting a 20 year old kid (Origi) new to the prem to get the goals we need is now.

For years we have needed four proven strikers we could rotate.

Been a long time since we had that mate. Owen, Fowler, Heskey, Litmenen and Anelka  is about the best for options (no surprise we finished second that season) in recent memory.

Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #1174: Oct 23, 2015 08:01:20 am

I have seen so many "when Sturridge is back" posts  for months now, as if he is the Messiah.
      Rodgers was waiting for him  to return , like a kid waiting for a bus.

Skip I apologise for not stopping when I was driving the Corporation and  crosville  buses. If I had known at the time you were on your way to Anfield I would of stopped for you-Honest
        Back on topic I am sure the Boss will sort out our attack and defensive problems pronto.

waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,669 posts | 7156 
      Reply #1175: Oct 23, 2015 08:41:52 am
      Sakho and Lallana look like different players but then Couthino stinks. Joe Allen is still Joe Allen and the rest are the same so lots of work to do for Benteke,Origi,Firmino and Sturridge as its these players who will get the goals that we need.
      Compuche
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 547 posts | 39 
      Reply #1176: Oct 23, 2015 08:49:08 am
      Sakho and Lallana look like different players but then Couthino stinks. Joe Allen is still Joe Allen and the rest are the same so lots of work to do for Benteke,Origi,Firmino and Sturridge as its these players who will get the goals that we need.
      The players are not the biggest problem now, the team is & that's what I expect the manager to fix. Each player trying to play high energy football without that intelligence required to connect with other team members while attacking or defending. Hardly a defense splitting pass, hardly a mobile forward, hardly a surging mid-fielder.... Still a lot of work to do.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #1177: Oct 23, 2015 09:00:27 am
      The players are not the biggest problem now, the team is & that's what I expect the manager to fix. Each player trying to play high energy football without that intelligence required to connect with other team members while attacking or defending. Hardly a defense splitting pass, hardly a mobile forward, hardly a surging mid-fielder.... Still a lot of work to do.

The players are the team, and the problems you indicate in your post will be sorted out by our Manager I am sure. Give the man a chance to find his way around Anfield.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #1178: Oct 23, 2015 11:38:08 am
      Firstly can I just say that I'm massively impressed by the manager so far and I have absolutely no concerns whatsoever that we have the right man. I think we are approaching the point though with some of the players (or at least I am anyway) where I'm getting a little sick of them to be honest.

I also used to like Brendan Rodgers too, but while I totally understood his "we were excellent" comments, along with the "outstanding character" stuff, like others it got to the point when it wound me up a bit. Yes the manager doesn't want to lose the players I understood that, but equally there has to be some consequence for continual sub-standard performances. Now Jürgen has come in, he's no doubt secretly thinking "what the f*ck have I taken on here?" but he also has to toe the line, not turn the players against him and all that, I get it.

Me though, I don't give a flying f*ck whether the players get their feelings hurt anymore. I back this manager 100% and I will do even if we get relegated, I mean it n'all. I hope that behind closed doors he's not shying away from introducing a bit of stick to go with the carrots these players have been tucking into for the last couple of years.

My thoughts:

Skrtel: What has happened to the Martin Skrtel we had in the almost title year? I know he's supposedly "not comfortable" with not dropping off all the time, FFS I'm "not comfortable" with dealing with drunken dickheads from time to time either, but it's my f*cking job! Similarly, I don't necessarily agree with everything I have to do, but just like everyone else sometimes I've just got to do what the f*ck I'm told. Equally, we're 1-1 against Ruben Kazan with ten minutes to go, why doesn't one of the centre backs go up for a free kick/corner and stay up? Must they be told everything all the time? Grow a set of ballon d'ors or f*ck off. Now I KNOW Martin can be a top player because I've seen him be it, but when was the last time we saw it? When was the last time he attacked a ball in the oppo area like his life depended on it? FFS last night he even stayed down in injury time and let them waste time.

Moreno: Stop diving FFS. Just stop it, and stop that silly f*cking scream you do mid dive n'all. Your playing in defence for Liverpool fella, be a f*cking man about it. Another thing, your probably the quickest player in the league so use your pace. Don't just bomb down the line, bomb inside straight for goal as well. Nobody else runs in behind, why don't you do it? Get your hair cut n'all while we're at it.

Clyne: Got wrong side last night then for me you weren't strong enough. Great finish from the lad but I'd have liked to have seen you really putting him under pressure. Also, when you attack don't be so scared of making a mistake. Shooting off the wrong foot and not crossing early enough are classic "lack of confidence" moves, just let it flow son you're a good player.

Allen: Try and decide what it is you're actually trying to do, what you are actually in the team for. Ask yourself when you made a "direction of the game" altering contribution last, and then ask yourself why it's been so long. The way you're playing at the moment is a f*cking disgrace, grow a pair.

Can: Better the last two games but still amile away from being enough. You have the potential to be one of the best midfielders in the league, don't settle until you are.

Milner: Hard work and nothing else makes James a dull boy. Get into the box, you have one goal so far in about a dozen games, it's at least two shy of where you ought to be.

Coutinho: The odd 30 yard screamer every couple of months isn't enough. If you don't want to play for us say so.

Lallana: Better last two games but still nowhere near enough. Either score goals or cause goals to be scored or don't play.

Origi: Get yourself a pile of videos of good strikers, lock yourself in a room and don't come out until you've worked out what it is that they do and you don't. Carry on as you are and you'll never make a striker while you have a hole in your @rse.

Sakho, Mignolet and Lucas: Good stuff, carry on.

HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Reply #1179: Oct 23, 2015 11:56:05 am
      Firstly can I just say that I'm massively impressed by the manager so far and I have absolutely no concerns whatsoever that we have the right man. I think we are approaching the point though with some of the players (or at least I am anyway) where I'm getting a little sick of them to be honest.

I also used to like Brendan Rodgers too, but while I totally understood his "we were excellent" comments, along with the "outstanding character" stuff, like others it got to the point when it wound me up a bit. Yes the manager doesn't want to lose the players I understood that, but equally there has to be some consequence for continual sub-standard performances. Now Jürgen has come in, he's no doubt secretly thinking "what the f*ck have I taken on here?" but he also has to toe the line, not turn the players against him and all that, I get it.

Me though, I don't give a flying f*ck whether the players get their feelings hurt anymore. I back this manager 100% and I will do even if we get relegated, I mean it n'all. I hope that behind closed doors he's not shying away from introducing a bit of stick to go with the carrots these players have been tucking into for the last couple of years.

My thoughts:

Skrtel: What has happened to the Martin Skrtel we had in the almost title year? I know he's supposedly "not comfortable" with not dropping off all the time, FFS I'm "not comfortable" with dealing with drunken dickheads from time to time either, but it's my f*cking job! Similarly, I don't necessarily agree with everything I have to do, but just like everyone else sometimes I've just got to do what the f*ck I'm told. Equally, we're 1-1 against Ruben Kazan with ten minutes to go, why doesn't one of the centre backs go up for a free kick/corner and stay up? Must they be told everything all the time? Grow a set of ballon d'ors or f*ck off. Now I KNOW Martin can be a top player because I've seen him be it, but when was the last time we saw it? When was the last time he attacked a ball in the oppo area like his life depended on it? FFS last night he even stayed down in injury time and let them waste time.

Moreno: Stop diving FFS. Just stop it, and stop that silly f*cking scream you do mid dive n'all. Your playing in defence for Liverpool fella, be a f*cking man about it. Another thing, your probably the quickest player in the league so use your pace. Don't just bomb down the line, bomb inside straight for goal as well. Nobody else runs in behind, why don't you do it? Get your hair cut n'all while we're at it.

Clyne: Got wrong side last night then for me you weren't strong enough. Great finish from the lad but I'd have liked to have seen you really putting him under pressure. Also, when you attack don't be so scared of making a mistake. Shooting off the wrong foot and not crossing early enough are classic "lack of confidence" moves, just let it flow son you're a good player.

Allen: Try and decide what it is you're actually trying to do, what you are actually in the team for. Ask yourself when you made a "direction of the game" altering contribution last, and then ask yourself why it's been so long. The way you're playing at the moment is a f*cking disgrace, grow a pair.

Can: Better the last two games but still amile away from being enough. You have the potential to be one of the best midfielders in the league, don't settle until you are.

Milner: Hard work and nothing else makes James a dull boy. Get into the box, you have one goal so far in about a dozen games, it's at least two shy of where you ought to be.

Coutinho: The odd 30 yard screamer every couple of months isn't enough. If you don't want to play for us say so.

Lallana: Better last two games but still nowhere near enough. Either score goals or cause goals to be scored or don't play.

Origi: Get yourself a pile of videos of good strikers, lock yourself in a room and don't come out until you've worked out what it is that they do and you don't. Carry on as you are and you'll never make a striker while you have a hole in your @rse.

I bet you feel better after getting that off your chest Mick   :D

bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #1180: Oct 23, 2015 12:01:53 pm

My thoughts:

I enjoyed that read Mick - nice one. Two things 'struck' me reading it...

1: Our players standard and or form has been low for some time now and coupled with injuries that leaves the team light.

2: Thankfully Jürgen's arrival seems to have finally focused a lot of fans minds on that fact.

Given that the penny has dropped regarding our players' part to play in poor results, I would expect all honest fans (those who previously blamed him for 'not being able to get the best...'), might now be able to cut Brendan a bit of slack.

Truth is: until we have a higher quality or until all that young "potential" comes good, all at once (whichever comes first  >:D) - results like, Rubin, Spurs, Arsenal and Norwich are always likely and it's something we will have to live with.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #1181: Oct 23, 2015 12:16:36 pm
                  Skip I apologise for not stopping when I was driving the Corporation and  crosville  buses. If I had known at the time you were on your way to Anfield I would of stopped for you-Honest
        Back on topic I am sure the Boss will sort out our attack and defensive problems pronto.

Ive a picture of you Billy driving a Crosville Bus about to take a Bitter out on his bike.

We all used to hop on the Crossy at the top of Hope St Prescot when we had stubbed out our ciggies ( No 6 or  Parkys) and off we would go home to the badlands of Huyton.
      Saturday it would be the 510 corpy bus from Tinlings terminus down to Shiel Road ice rink before the walk to the ground. In denims ... scarves tied to our wrists.
      (Always on the lookout for a stray Manc.)
      « Last Edit: Oct 23, 2015 01:28:19 pm by eurored »
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Reply #1182: Oct 23, 2015 12:25:26 pm

From his Ston presser

Jürgen: "We have to decide better when to shoot or pass. We have to be better in the box.

I think it's going to take time to re condition the players from Rodgers shoot on site desperate policy.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #1183: Oct 23, 2015 12:26:38 pm

My thoughts:

Good Post there Mick and glad to see you're 100% behind the new man.
      Agree very much with the rest of your post.

Where in the current team is a stand out player?  Where ?
      Coutinho in doses?

Where is the Mascherano , the Alonso, the Stevie, workhorse Dirk, the early Torres, Luis , Sammi ............ where ?
      Is there anyone in the current team that would make you go wow ?

Nope.
      There is your answer.

7 Kenny or JD said that they couldnt identify with Rodgers.
      I cant identify with any current player TBH.
      « Last Edit: Oct 23, 2015 01:10:26 pm by eurored »
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #1184: Oct 23, 2015 12:28:02 pm

We've got the right man for the job.
      viniciusgama1
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 589 posts | 11 
      Reply #1185: Oct 23, 2015 12:29:10 pm
      This team looks really, really bad... I know we are missing pieces and everything, but it's amazing how Rodgers left a Wasteland behind.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,669 posts | 7156 
      Reply #1186: Oct 23, 2015 12:31:13 pm
      I think Jürgen knows exactly what the problems are and who will be in his plans come the summer so I do not expect him to do anything that will unsettle players. We will need our better players available and a bit of luck in the transfer market in January to stand any chance of a decent season. I hope during their meeting Klopp gives them both barrels and lays it out for them and explains how they have spunked hundreds of millions on rubbish.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #1187: Oct 23, 2015 12:32:05 pm
      This team looks really, really bad... I know we are missing pieces and everything, but it's amazing how Rodgers left a Wasteland behind.

With a little help from the transfer committee.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Reply #1188: Oct 23, 2015 12:34:03 pm
      Klopp on Sturridge: "It's not much better. With Daniel's injury we have to see day by day. If he can train normal tomorrow he's an option."

Klopp: "He will have more treatment today because there is still some fluid on his knee. He will have another scan."

For all those hoping Danny is our saviour, we can't rely on the glass man, treat him as a luxury.
      We need to move on and hope Benteke can step up.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,669 posts | 7156 
      Reply #1189: Oct 23, 2015 12:42:01 pm
      I think he'll be fine as long as he's given time. At least this time EVERYONE was in favour of him when he first got the job, so as long as the fans are true to their words and don't turn on him he'll be fine.

just think of this appointment and then how Brendan came into the job. They really fu**ed kenny big time after two cup finals and Euro qualification and gave it to one of the least experienced managers who was good at power point presentations.Jürgen has a winners "CV" we know he can do it as he has done before Brendan came with nothing and left having given us nothing.
      I would put money on Jürgen making us very competetive again and thats all I want.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #1190: Oct 23, 2015 12:42:12 pm
      Klopp on Sturridge: "It's not much better. With Daniel's injury we have to see day by day. If he can train normal tomorrow he's an option."

Klopp: "He will have more treatment today because there is still some fluid on his knee. He will have another scan."

For all those hoping Danny is our saviour, we can't rely on the glass man, treat him as a luxury.

We need to sign a proven target man, the decision to spend the Suarez dosh on potential is still biting arse.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,669 posts | 7156 
      Reply #1191: Oct 23, 2015 12:42:40 pm

Impact Sub for me this season and lets see how he gets on.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #1192: Oct 23, 2015 12:47:28 pm

I think Benteke will get goals , but we need more than one goalscorer. It's past time some of our attacking-midfield players started living up to the attacking part and scoring some goals.

We are stuck with what we have till Christmas so I think we may have to stick Firmino up alongside Benteke and hope our defence keeps a few clean sheets.   
      viniciusgama1
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 589 posts | 11 
      Reply #1193: Oct 23, 2015 12:55:52 pm
      We are complaining about our lack of offensive power since day 1 of this season. Benteke is really good and Klopp will make sure that he gets the right opportunities to score, wich he didn't have many with Rodgers around.

I said earlier about the wasteland Rodgers left and: We have a struggling offense, that can't create much throughout a game and a defensive line that just can't defend. Klopp has nothing to build on right now. He just have to fix every aspect of the game...
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #1194: Oct 23, 2015 01:00:41 pm
      I think Benteke will get goals , but we need more than one goalscorer. It's past time some of our attacking-midfield players started living up to the attacking part and scoring some goals.

We are stuck with what we have till Christmas so I think we may have to stick Firmino up alongside Benteke and hope our defence keeps a few clean sheets.

Amen to that.

It's no use have "attacking" midfielders if they can't score their fair share of goals. It defeats the purpose of playing one up front.

And as it stands currently, not one of them even looks like scoring a f**king goal!

I think, in the short term at least, it's time to bin off the x-amount of attacking midfielders in our team and play with two up top - NOT Origi though! He should be at Crystal Palace donned in lycra with a 100m track in front of him. Once Mr Glass is fit, Klopp should sling him in the side alongside Benteke and play 1 attacking mid behind them. They've (Lallana, Coutinho, Ibe, Milner, whoever, etc.) collectively shown that they're not up to the task as a unit, and aren't reliable enough to chip in with the goals to bail the team out.

They've been as useful as t.its on a bull.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #1195: Oct 23, 2015 01:12:04 pm
      Most of the team play like they are strangers to each other.
      They are to me.

Quick Reply