Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 24th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P14 W9 D1 L4

Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager

Read 1544796 times
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,882 posts | 6816 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager
      Reply #4531: Feb 10, 2016 07:30:54 am
      Jürgen's post match presser.

https://youtu.be/S5lk_FB3ISM
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #4532: Feb 10, 2016 09:42:22 am
      Brendan bashing isn't a sport I like, football is.
      Yes BR bought some duds along with the scouting an Transfer commies.
      Yes Jürgen is using a team he wouldn't of assembled by himself.
      When we came second we had Suarez yes but the team played out of their skins and put in performances even Jürgen mightn't be able to replicate.
      BR isn't a joke figure, he should have some respect for that season alone, how it all crumbled was a mystery. I personally think the players started acting like spoilt little rich bas**rds tbqh.

Critisisng and praising Jürgen for choices and how we are developing is what this thread is about not passing blame onto Brendan, I'm starting to worry about the new manager and that his system of playing is making us look weaker than we ever were at the back and in the middle as games go on.
      Of course he will need to aquire his own type of players who can work and concentrate for full matches.

I don't need a spokesperson for Liverpool who is animated and entertaining, just someone who gets sh*t done. So if sh*t isn't getting done I wonder what's to blame, who's to blame. Just like we all did with our last manager who most won't say a good word about.

We've had many games to play with injuries left n right, the injuries must have robbed us of at least half of these games being wins. That's the main reason why I won't be too critical at this stage.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #4533: Feb 10, 2016 10:03:22 am
      We've had some poor performances in the last couple of months, and some awful results. Last night though was NEITHER, it was a tough game against a good side and one we could easily have won. We went into the game with a lot of inexperienced players in the starting eleven (I know there was experience "mixed in") and under the circumstances I thought we did well. Coutinho and Sturridge both did enough to show they'll make a massive difference when fit, so I'm personally not TOO disappointed.

Brendan has gone, and IMHO it is just as important that those that supported him don't get drawn into an obsession about "double standards" and "hypocrisy" as it is those that despised him don't lump every defeat these days onto his shoulders. We don't need too camps again, yes the results are poor and we are entitled to expect better, but last night was an upturn not a "more of the same" defeat.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #4534: Feb 10, 2016 10:09:17 am
      Eh?

I replied directly to the post in which he was addressing me - you do understand how a forum works don't you?

As for it never being about football - that's hilarious - it's always about football, in this case Klopp, which, the last time I checked the thread title, was entirely relevant.

Instead of shouting at the screen why don't you take Eurored to task on the matter? As posted above, I doubt whether 10% of his posts have anything to do with the thread - or would that cause tensions in the little circle-jerk you lot have going on? Actually it's probably a better use of your time than watching the game - as you've proven with your predictions all three of you know f**k-all.
      Don't take it personally, Walton just lays into people who want to form a negative yet realistic opinion. He's not the only person like this unfortunately. Because of Klopps reputation and how cool he is, he is above anyones criticism, I not going to cower in the corner while I see these managerial mistake because he is cool... to some people he's not been here long enough to make an impact and it is always someone elses fault. I don't justify it like that at all. Yes Rodgers made this team but the facts are Klopp backs these players, Mignolet handed 5 year contract, nobody significant signed in January, weak lineups in FA cup matches and bad choice of subs, leaving Benteke and Ibe on so long was not necessary when we had a good availability of players yesterday. I am not expecting us to beat teams like Leicester or Arsenal, but West Ham are not that good yet they have beat us yet again, we single handedly gave west ham a 6 point boost in the league too.. they would be about 5 places lower in the league and out the FA cup now if had gone into these games correctly and we would be level with United and fighting for 4th, now it is February and we are already out of contention... I think it is time to give up on the top 4 now and just try and win what cups we are in now.
      Kopite78
      Reply #4535: Feb 10, 2016 10:27:55 am
      Don't take it personally, Walton just lays into people who want to form a negative yet realistic opinion. He's not the only person like this unfortunately. Because of Klopps reputation and how cool he is, he is above anyones criticism, I not going to cower in the corner while I see these managerial mistake because he is cool... to some people he's not been here long enough to make an impact and it is always someone elses fault. I don't justify it like that at all. Yes Rodgers made this team but the facts are Klopp backs these players, Mignolet handed 5 year contract, nobody significant signed in January, weak lineups in FA cup matches and bad choice of subs, leaving Benteke and Ibe on so long was not necessary when we had a good availability of players yesterday. I am not expecting us to beat teams like Leicester or Arsenal, but West Ham are not that good yet they have beat us yet again, we single handedly gave west ham a 6 point boost in the league too.. they would be about 5 places lower in the league and out the FA cup now if had gone into these games correctly and we would be level with United and fighting for 4th, now it is February and we are already out of contention... I think it is time to give up on the top 4 now and just try and win what cups we are in now.

It's not that simple buddy

No manager is above criticism at all for perceived mistakes, however hyperbole like you use takes it to another level..
      The 'I've had it with Klopp now' stuff isn't fair criticism for a man who is in the job what? 4 months?
      We can't really judge the man yet, nothing to do with 'how cool he is', it's just bring level headed.

He made a judgement on the FA cup to give the kids a run ( which a lot of reds have been crying out for, he's the man who had given Texieria his chance that no one else did, given first team chances to other kids that people have cried out for like Illori etc) he can judge them fairly now.
      It's his call to do that and decide if he can run his injury ravaged first team squad into the ground in four competitions.. I personally don't think he should and I'm delighted to see some of the kids get a proper go

We can't give up on the league, a strong finish is vital even if we finish 6th than a limp 12th for potential future signings and hitting the ground running next year.
      For what it's worth if we get Sturridge/Coutinho/Firmino on the pitch together for a by chunk of the remaining games I think we will.

And the six points he's handed West Ham? He wasn't in charge of the first game
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #4536: Feb 10, 2016 10:32:12 am
      It's not that simple buddy

No manager is above criticism at all for perceived mistakes, however hyperbole like you use takes it to another level..
      The 'I've had it with Klopp now' stuff isn't fair criticism for a man who is in the job what? 4 months?
      We can't really judge the man yet, nothing to do with 'how cool he is', it's just bring level headed.

He made a judgement on the FA cup to give the kids a run ( which a lot of reds have been crying out for, he's the man who had given Texieria his chance that no one else did, given first team chances to other kids that people have cried out for like Illori etc) he can judge them fairly now.
      It's his call to do that and decide if he can run his injury ravaged first team squad into the ground in four competitions.. I personally don't think he should and I'm delighted to see some of the kids get a proper go

We can't give up on the league, a strong finish is vital even if we finish 6th than a limp 12th for potential future signings and hitting the ground running next year.
      For what it's worth if we get Sturridge/Coutinho/Firmino on the pitch together for a by chunk of the remaining games I think we will.

And the six points he's handed West Ham? He wasn't in charge of the first game
      Fair point, we were doing bad before Klopp and still are but most of my problem with Klopp is he continues to play players like Mignolet and Benteke in big games when they are proven to be ineffective. If he just tried ward and it went badly I would not have such a problem, but it is the fact Ward did well in SPL but isn't even given a chance when our 1st choice is Mignolet, I have a problem with this because even though Ward might not be a long time solution, we might do better and I am not the only one with this opinion.

I highlighted the players from our starting line-up I think shouldn't have been there.

Mignolet
      Flanagan
      Ilori
      Lucas
      Smith
      Chirivella
      Stewart
      J. Teixeira
      Ibe
      Benteke

Coutinho

Milner and Origi should have started and Branagan, Caulker and Firmino should have been on the bench.
      Firmino and Sturridge on for Origi and Coutinho would have been good in the second half.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #4537: Feb 10, 2016 10:41:12 am
      Fair point, we were doing bad before Klopp and still are but most of my problem with Klopp is he continues to play players like Mignolet and Benteke in big games when they are proven to be ineffective. If he just tried ward and it went badly I would not have such a problem, but it is the fact Ward did well in SPL but isn't even given a chance when our 1st choice is Mignolet, I have a problem with this because even though Ward might not be a long time solution, we might do better and I am not the only one with this opinion.

I highlighted the players from our starting line-up I think shouldn't have been there.

Mignolet
      Flanagan
      Ilori
      Lucas
      Smith
      Chirivella
      Stewart
      J. Teixeira
      Ibe
      Benteke

Coutinho

Milner should have started and Branagan, Caulker and Firmino should have been on the bench.

Brannagan was ill and Caulker was injured mate
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #4538: Feb 10, 2016 10:44:07 am
      Brannagan was ill and Caulker was injured mate
      Strange, I only see this on Pysioroom.

Player J AllenJ Allen Hamstring Injury  no return date   
      Player D LovrenD Lovren Hamstring Injury  no return date   
      Player M SkrtelM Skrtel Hamstring Injury  28th Feb 16   
      Player J RossiterJ Rossiter Hamstring Injury  28th Feb 16   
      Player D IngsD Ings ACL Knee Injury  Jun 16   
      Player J GomezJ Gomez ACL Knee Injury  Jun 16

Still, I would have liked Origi and Milner to start instead of Ibe and Benteke, then we could have subbed Firmino and Sturridge on for Coutinho and Tex later on.
      Hollywood Balls
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,802 posts | 469 
      • PhD, School of Hard Knocks, University of Life.
      Reply #4539: Feb 10, 2016 10:47:44 am
      We've had some poor performances in the last couple of months, and some awful results. Last night though was NEITHER, it was a tough game against a good side and one we could easily have won. We went into the game with a lot of inexperienced players in the starting eleven (I know there was experience "mixed in") and under the circumstances I thought we did well. Coutinho and Sturridge both did enough to show they'll make a massive difference when fit, so I'm personally not TOO disappointed.

Brendan has gone, and IMHO it is just as important that those that supported him don't get drawn into an obsession about "double standards" and "hypocrisy" as it is those that despised him don't lump every defeat these days onto his shoulders. We don't need too camps again, yes the results are poor and we are entitled to expect better, but last night was an upturn not a "more of the same" defeat.

Generally I've agreed with your posts bigmick over the past couple of months but here I've got to say last night was exactly a "more of the same" defeat.

We are still exhibiting naive finishing. Our team still looks totally reliant on the form of Coutinho and Sturridge. We still can't defend set-pieces. We still show a lack of gamesmanship.

They sucker-punched us - and not for the first time this season.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #4540: Feb 10, 2016 10:50:25 am
      Strange, I only see this on Pysioroom.

Player J AllenJ Allen Hamstring Injury  no return date   
      Player D LovrenD Lovren Hamstring Injury  no return date   
      Player M SkrtelM Skrtel Hamstring Injury  28th Feb 16   
      Player J RossiterJ Rossiter Hamstring Injury  28th Feb 16   
      Player D IngsD Ings ACL Knee Injury  Jun 16   
      Player J GomezJ Gomez ACL Knee Injury  Jun 16

Still, I would have liked Origi and Milner to start instead of Ibe and Benteke, then we could have subbed Firmino and Sturridge on for Coutinho and Tex later on.

Obviously they are not as well informed as I am :)

"Divock and Phil will be training today and hopefully in the squad for tomorrow.

"Extra-time is possible so it is a little bit complicated with the changes and they can't start all together because you know we will have to change three times because the whole game will be too much in this moment."

Liverpool midfielders Joe Allen (hamstring) and Cameron Brannagan (illness) will not play while centre-back Dejan Lovren is likely to be rested as a precaution after being taken off with cramp at the weekend.
      Hollywood Balls
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,802 posts | 469 
      • PhD, School of Hard Knocks, University of Life.
      Reply #4541: Feb 10, 2016 10:50:27 am

Exactly right - we lose a match it's all down to FSG. We win a match and it's down to Klopp.

Facts a&e pushed to one side. We should be doing far better than we are - seems that some people can't handle the truth.
      Kopite78
      Reply #4542: Feb 10, 2016 10:52:02 am

Mignolet
      Flanagan
      Ilori
      Lucas
      Smith
      Chirivella
      Stewart
      J. Teixeira
      Ibe
      Benteke

Coutinho

Ok mate fine but all that is is an opinion, Klopp thought they should I'm sure for various reasons

• He wanted to rotate first team players as he didn't want to risk injury as we have so many injuries already and were still competing in four competitions. They see the sports science stats that football is built around now and those players left out could have been in the 'red zone'

• He wanted a proper look at Illori, Chirivella to make a judgement on them like he has done with Stewart, Texieria and Smith who you are happy they are in

• Benteke isn't playing in 'all the big games' he's been dumped with the kids in this completion that the manager has decided this year is 4th priority

• Ibe was lively against Sunderland and wanted to give him a start as even though he is struggling overall currently he is a talent

We can't judge in black and white, we can offer opinions like you have done but you can't say that he's wrong and I'm right, he's a clown, what the F**k is he up to..
      You know why? He has more data at his finger tips, he is juggling four competitions in his first season in a new league with an injury ravaged squad.. He is a top class manager. We can say oh I'd do this and that no problem but we can't says he's wrong or right.

I understand what he's trying to do and I understand it even if I don't agree with it all.
      I certainly don't think we can play essentially the same 15 players in four competitions and I like he is having a proper look at the kids so he can make an informed decision.

As for Ward? Look I'm no Mignolet fan mate but we don't see Ward in training like we didn't see Bogdan.. But Klopp does

Everyday
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #4543: Feb 10, 2016 11:01:18 am

• He wanted a proper look at Illori, Chirivella to make a judgement on them like he has done with Stewart, Texieria and Smith who you are happy they are in

As for Ward? Look I'm no Mignolet fan mate but we don't see Ward in training like we didn't see Bogdan.. But Klopp does Everyday
      Just to question a part of your last post, firstly he shouldn't be taking a look at players during FA cup knock out stages. We should be putting strong sides out. It's hardly a time to test players.
      As for Ward, I see Mignolet in games, which is more important to me than training and he is no better than Bogdan is in games and he got the boot. I don't care if Mignolet is better in training than Ward, why does that matter? I have seen Ward in the SPL and I can tell you this, would Aberdeen have had Mignolet instead? I doubt it.
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #4544: Feb 10, 2016 11:02:05 am

A little back ground info on me:- I hated Rafa as a manager. He bought some decent and world class. (A word you will not see me use that often) players

I knew that Kenny’s second time around would be a disaster, especially his transfer policies (The best of British) Said at the time that it would set us back five years and it has

BR…. Undecided about him… Felt that the transfer committee choose the players and BR could only chose from that list. (Something he as only recently confirmed) also felt had it been down to him and him alone he would have convinced Suarez to stay at least another year

All in all I do not blindly get behind a manager basic solely on the grounds that he is Our Manager. I am constantly assessing the things in my head.

Have said that here how it stands is my current assessment of Jürgen Klopp

I have not really watch a post match interview by Jürgen Klopp But listening to this one after the West Ham game (BTW thank you Aussie Red) I truly believe that this is THE RIGHT MAN FOR THE JOB…He made no excuses, nor did he blame the players. He did not blame the Referee. He was totally honest about the team situation and very candid…. He is very measured in his assessment of our situation and where the club is at right now. And even though he is playing his cards close to his chest (regarding players) he is giving them the time and opportunity to prove themselves…… A very smart move

He has plans in mind, and I believe the players he wants in. And given time and the backing of the club, as manager and in the transfer market he will by the time the three years are up have us (LFC) up there as regular challengers again and then hopefully he signs for five more years I believe, if he does that; then the glory years will once again be back
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #4545: Feb 10, 2016 11:04:31 am

Not bollocks - opinions. 

Like yours, they are entitled to post them but sometimes members attack the poster rather than the content of the post, that's where bickering, abuse and the unnecessary bollocks becomes a problem for everybody.

As Mods, we like to treat everybody fairly, we encourage debate, we keep the forum clean and tidy and that entails reading every post, in every thread, on every board, correcting spelling, grammar and punctuation, deleting posts and sending PMs to those who overstep the mark. 

We do this even when we're trying to watch the game, so imagine how tiresome that is, missing most of it trying to Moderate and keep things civil.  It would be so, so easy to clamp down on every piece of dissent towards the players, the manager, the club, the fans, each other by just banning the lot of you, or locking topics but this isn't a dictatorship where free speech is frowned upon. 

Unless of course that's what you all want?
      Kopite78
      Reply #4546: Feb 10, 2016 11:07:29 am
      Just to question a part of your last post, firstly he shouldn't be taking a look at players during FA cup knock out stages. We should be putting strong sides out. It's hardly a time to test players.
      As for Ward, I see Mignolet in games, which is more important to me than training and he is no better than Bogdan is in games and he got the boot. I don't care if Mignolet is better in training than Ward, why does that matter? I have seen Ward in the SPL and I can tell you this, would Aberdeen have had Mignolet instead? I doubt it.

I don't think you get the point I'm making mate

The manager has decided that the FA cup is his 4th priority this season.. He doesn't feel he had a squad/first team to compete in four competitions would you prefer he rest them in the Europa league? The League cup in the latter rounds? The league which is important how we finish..

Would I like Ward to start?aybe but like I say I've not seen him everyday in training. He might have the yips or be crying in the dressing room out of fear for all I know
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #4547: Feb 10, 2016 11:14:03 am

The manager has decided that the FA cup is his 4th priority this season.. He doesn't feel he had a squad/first team to compete in four competitions would you prefer he rest them in the Europa league? The League cup in the latter rounds? The league which is important how we finish..

Would I like Ward to start?aybe but like I say I've not seen him everyday in training. He might have the yips or be crying in the dressing room out of fear for all I know
      I couple of weeks ago I would have agreed FA cup was 4th priority.. I think I even said it.. but disappointing league results changed that. To me if we can't finish in top 4 we don't need to push for 5th or 6th it means nothing. The 2 Cups have to be priority now and league has to be where he does any testing if it is needed.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Reply #4548: Feb 10, 2016 11:14:11 am
      As one of those accused of Being a Klopp cheerleader I don't have a problem criticising where it is warranted.
      I thought the decision to put Ibe in midfield who was abysmal btw instead of leaving Tex on left us very exposed in midfield and we lost any semblance of control.

The performances of the so called second stringers shows the dilemma that Jürgen faces as the first teamers are just not responding to his instructions S well as the youngsters.
      Are they not good enough or too set in their ways to play the way Jürgen wants.

We will see what happens in the summer.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,727 posts | 3741 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #4549: Feb 10, 2016 11:18:13 am
      I couple of weeks ago I would have agreed FA cup was 4th priority.. I think I even said it.. but disappointing league results changed that. To me if we can't finish in top 4 we don't need to push for 5th or 6th it means nothing. The 2 Cups have to be priority now and league has to be where he does any testing if it is needed.
      I have to agree with this, it is a big ask for me to agree with you Ribu after some crazy statements from yourself. We need to win the League Cup and advance in Europa League.
      Kopite78
      Reply #4550: Feb 10, 2016 11:21:03 am
      I couple of weeks ago I would have agreed FA cup was 4th priority.. I think I even said it.. but disappointing league results changed that. To me if we can't finish in top 4 we don't need to push for 5th or 6th it means nothing. Cups have to be priority now and league has to be where he does any testing if it is needed.

But that's your opinion.

You know that the manager won't make these decisions alone? When he took the job the board would agree on priorities, I'm sure that they put the league as priority, then I bet that the Europa League is up there as it has that CL place at the end.. And then I'd bet that they said the domestic cups are after that.. And seeing as he's in a final then club wise the FA cup becomes forth.. All the way through the club, not just one man.

We can't  f**k the league off, it's too important to the club financially and also for the whole 'brand'

You are one who praises Leicester ( you started a thread on them bless  :D) they won what 10 of their last 12 last season, you dont think that helped them coming into this season?

You think if we go to players in the summer and try to bring in the best (we can) and say look it was rocky to start but once we found our feet we won 10 game in the run in and finished 5th, with you we can really push on?

Or say look I know we finished 12th but take a chance on us eh? You know we won at Upton Park in the cup right?

We have to look at the bigger picture

I have to agree with this, it is a big ask for me to agree with you Ribu after some crazy statements from yourself. We need to win the League Cup and advance in Europa League.

I agree

But this was the FA cup which it seems to me the club have prioritised as 4th

The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #4551: Feb 10, 2016 11:37:18 am

Mignolet
      Flanagan
      Ilori
      Lucas
      Smith
      Chirivella
      Stewart
      J. Teixeira
      Ibe
      Benteke

Coutinho

Milner and Origi should have started and Branagan, Caulker and Firmino should have been on the bench.
      Firmino and Sturridge on for Origi and Coutinho would have been good in the second half.
      I don't think that there was anything wrong with the starting line up (BTW Caulker is cup tied) These are mostly the group of players that got us pass Exeter and Stoke a group of players that showed more fight than our current starting 11 has done this season..
      In hindsight the mistake Klopp made was to take off both Coutinho and Teixeira and replacing them with Origi and Sturridge, and moving Ibe back to midfield. It meant that Smith did not get forward as much has he did before the changes; which detracted from our attacking play…I understand what Klopp was trying to do, but if I was up to me it would have been Sturridge on for Coutinho and then maybe if needed Origi on for Benteke, And maybe late on Milner for Ibe…. But that is by the by… Managers are going to get it wrong; it is the nature of the beast. Why we lost against West Ham and why we have been losing has mostly to do with our inability to convert our chances (That and individual mistakes). Goals win games, and in all honestly Benteke could and maybe should have had at least a brace

As for little Chirivella I thought he have a solid game and same goes for Ilori

There were nothing wrong with the young players, they were mainly let down by one or two senior players mainly Benteke
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #4552: Feb 10, 2016 11:47:09 am

It would seem ''priorities'' are a luxury we are not entitled to right now.
       A respectable position in the Prem is increasingly looking like an acceptable proposition,  hopefully provide a springboard for the manager's grand plans for next season.
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #4553: Feb 10, 2016 11:59:44 am
      In hindsight the mistake Klopp made was to take off both Coutinho and Teixeira and replacing them with Origi and Sturridge

I disagree mate, the mistake was Benteke missing chance after chance. We created enough tbh and they didn't exactly put us under huge pressure, the defense held up firm for the most part. Our inability to take our chances and finish teams off cost us...again.

Quick Reply